Chypré Extraordinaire 2018

Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums
Top 70 in Unisex Perfume
Chypré Extraordinaire is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is chypre-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

StyraxStyrax
LeatherLeather
CivetCivet
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.10.2021.

Giles
The usual RD con or is it great marketing?
I have many of Roja Doves creations. Mainly in 8 ml testers because I would have to sell a kidney to buy a bottle. Like with many products such as champagne you can pay ridiculous prices for something that is supposedly the best or unique. This is all bollocks. No matter what the professional perfumer or vintner says. There is nothing on earth that justifies the price. Just like champagne it's sold to a market where price is no option. £1450 for 100 ml of perfume that smells OK is not justified. I don't care if I'm told that the rose absolute costs ex amount because its prepared in a cauldron for ex amount of years by unicorns. I have tried so many of Roja's creations and yes they do smell nice. Many don't last very long so you will need to sell your other kidney just to enjoy the perfume.
Yes he has created amazing perfume but I judge him on the fact that he creates over priced perfumes that can't be enjoyed by all rather than oligarchs. His lesser priced perfumes are just copies of other houses. It's a shame that such a great talent alienates the everyday perfume lover to be able to enjoy his creations.
The perfect Chypré ?
Chypré Extraordinaire came as a bottling to me last weekend and of course, I was very excited what to expect with a Chypré fragrance from Roja. This Roja pleases even me, which is really something special. Here the Chypré theme was really perfectly implemented.

Chypré Extraordinaire starts as usual for a Chypré fragrance is fresh with bergamot, orange blossom. The heart note is really too complex to smell out everything here. But there is a great combination of numerous flowers here. The fruity notes, however, I do not smell at all. The base note is Chypré usual with oakmoss, musk, spices, patchouli and a light animalic note implemented. The leather I can also still perceive something here and a touch of vanilla, which makes the whole thing a little softer and gentler. The base note has been implemented in Chypré Extraordinaire really perfect and complex. Of course, there is Chypré Extraordinaire not really new or extraordinary to smell. Here you just get a perfectly implemented Chypré fragrance.

The durability leaves nothing to be desired with 11 hours with me. The silage is about an arm's length and becomes skin tight after 8-9 hours.

Now we come but to the point of me again incredibly excited: the price of 1750€. I did not know what this Roja costs while I have tested this, only after interest has arisen with me after a bottle, I have looked. The sight of the price caused me to go into shock and almost have facial paralysis, plus 100ml is too much for me too, I will never be able to consume that much of it. I really wonder what this this price is all about. It's really cheeky to me because I'm personally not willing to spend that much money on a consumable product. This is "merely" a perfume. At this price, I do not even consider buying Chypré Extraordinaire.
simply magnificent!
The meanwhile already well known to us creeping cat is irritated: where has it landed here?
It had heard, here is a beautiful chypre and came with the intention to scrub a little, to set here and there some markings and finally to curl up in the middle of the splendid sea of flowers and to make quietly müffeln a nap.
But what is it? The little cat no longer understands the world of scents.

A chypre fragrance opens with fresh hesperidic notes, then roses, jasmine and iris follow, before the base joins in with oakmoss, patchouli and vertiver and finishes.
Yes, "Chypré Extraordinaire" belongs in this category! Really!
But with Roja Parfums it may be "always a little more"!
Another fragrance, another fragrance gem is added and only shortly before a certain limit is reached, one stops and closes the whole thing.
Therefore, their fragrance creations can be called "lush" with a clear conscience.
So also "Chypré Extraordinaire" is again opulent, radiant and a real Oriental!

This fragrance-intensive work of art opens first as usual with bergamot and aldehydes.
But alone these aldehydes sparkle like gems; they outshine the entire bouquet of fragrances, before they mix as additional fireworks in the finale!
What follows is an exuberant floral bouquet of delicacies, tastefully and richly arranged.
Not only sweet and aromatic fragrant May roses and jasmine are brought from Grasse and bound with white-flowered tuberose; also the ever-so-lovely violet and the dark purple heliotrope vanilla dream appear and are also immediately generously embraced by ylang-ylang.
How harmoniously fits in there the tenderness of the orange blossoms touching the heart.
So far, nothing is overdosed; each fragrance building block is placed extremely tastefully in the right place of this magnificent mosaic.
So it is not surprising that the somewhat rougher rose geranium and the slightly resinous-scratchy cistus find their place in this floral dream.
They form a clever transition to the fruity notes, which of course must not be missing.
What would this fragrance structure without the ripe sweetness of the plump peach, the fruity plum aroma and the tartness of the buds of blackcurrants?
They all form the heart notes of this chypre fragrance: impeccably and at the same time very refined blended and decidedly well matched to each other.
The classic opening of the base of rough oakmoss, sensual lugubrious golden brown patchouli and a little prickly sandalwood aroma is also found here.
Special spice accents put cumin and clove, which get support from silky cedar wood.
So slowly closes this powerful fragrance circle!
Resinous and eroticizing warm and creamy fragrance notes complete with a surprisingly pleasant leather accord a fragrance composition, with which now also the little cat has made friends. She makes her presence felt before the great final fireworks of Ambergold and the still present aldehydes are ignited:
Glittering and radiant, "Chypré Extraordinaire" concludes splendidly!

"Chypré Ordinaire" is classy; despite its richness and sophistication, neither ostentatious nor loud.
It is not intrusive, but accompanies decidedly elegantly for several hours and goes amazingly well with almost any wardrobe - so it is almost an "ever-goer"!
Here, the mossy warmth of a classic Chypreduft with an unexpected bouquet of flowers and fruits to an extraordinary whole together.

I encounter here a truly wearable luxury fragrance, comparable to a precious piece of jewelry from Carl Fabergé's St. Petersburg goldsmiths.
"Chypré Ordinaire" is simply magnificent!

Swindle Extraordinaire
This one has a sparkly effervescence. It also seems to draw elements from Diaghilev i.e. that very realistic oakmoss plus raunchy civet in the late dry down. Luckily the civet in Chypre Extraordinaire is a lot more tame.

Ultimately all Chypre Extraordinary is to me is a white floral with oakmoss & laudanum, supported with a light touch fruity peach and plum, with a civet lurking in the late drydown. 100ml, yours for $2,000 USD ?

From a distance I can already hear the owners of CE lamenting the $1,600 they overpaid

If you want a beautiful white floral backed + fruity, look no further than Roja Parfums' Tuberose and skip all this exclusivity nonsense.

Tuberose is a white floral that remains fruity and juicy, Chypre Extraordinaire is a white floral with some fruitiness but veers more dry & dusty due to the oakmoss, with some animalics in the late drydown.

The oakmoss and civet that you'll miss out on in Tuberose isn't worth the extra $1,475.
Vogue2011
Roja... Or: The weakest 1750€ of my life...
Somehow I have had NO luck with the luxury fragrance king Roja so far :(

It started 2 years ago when I treated myself to DANGER.... Jaa, he is "good", but for that one already relieves his account arguably around then "ROJA carrier" to be is and/or was he now NO WUCHT... Ixh smelled somehow always only smoky-tart, that was it already...

NOW I have purchased CHYPRE EXTRAORDINAIRE. The saleswoman in here in Frankfurt as the only ROJA-selling Parfumerie owes me ne large commission, it went 1,750.00€ over the counter!
IN the Parfumerie when testing CE was somehow everything still good, he was perceptible, noble, available and just NOT what you get to smell at every corner...
At home then strangely only disillusionment: When wearing on the skin KAUM perceptible (if you do not hang directly on my neck ;-), the durability very restrained (after 2h: GONE :( ), and I smell only the most famous 5 of history, only this is WUUMS against the Luxuschypre ...

Maybe I'm not made to be a ROJA wearer ;-)

Also has something GOOD, I save me some euros in the future :-))
MrInfinite
From the skyline back to the curb
Since Corona is annoying me 24/7 and I have to wear the mask at work half day or longer, heavy scents accompany me more than ever "Lavender Extrême" for 48 hours now... I enjoy this dull weather with rain. It is no fun to go crazy all the time with mask & sweat and in 2 years Corona will be over too. It is sad how much we humans ruin our world but there are also the beautiful moments.

A member wrote to me and asked if he could have some of my Chypré Extraordinaire to test. Exactly the scent that has completely fallen into oblivion with me You can definitely have those nice moments with Chypré Extraordinaire, especially since the price is a proud 1750€. But does this automatically mean that it is a beautiful one?
Absolutely YES, if you like this kind of fragrances. At Rojas +1000€ fragrances you are not necessarily rewarded with something extraordinary because each nose only captures a part of the whole story Mr. Dove wants to tell us. I think if you have smelled more than 500 scents you will be able to understand the quality of the fragrance. It might otherwise be too much for a person who is not used to this.
For me Chypré E. looks very boozie almost like Enigma in the beginning but instead of whisky it is much more the flowers that create this effect. In the first few hours the "flower orgy" is intense and really competes with Diaghilev. I find Chypré E. more feminine than masculine. Flowers suit you women better.

After a good few hours comes the part where it fully develops its chypre-like note and becomes warm and woody. Not that the floral note has disappeared but you slowly notice how the woods envelop everything. What strikes me most is that Chypré stays spicy-floral until the end without ever disappearing into an earthy note. It is an experience in itself how beautiful a fragrance can be.
Perfect for the current weather and especially for the mood.

Can I make a recommendation? No, never! Chypré Extraordinaire is just too expensive for that... Overpriced is more like it.
Yes, it's a beautiful fragrance but in the end you can get 10 other niche fragrances instead of 3€ per sprayer (laugh).

King Perfumer
Whoa! I'm almost tempted to say--all you other perfumers, sit down and let the big dog hunt. What big dog? Roja Dove. I won't really say it only because there are many other perfumers whose creations I adore, but listen, folks! This is a masterpiece! Let me tell you how I came to own it.

Lately my husband has either won the lottery without telling me, robbed a bank, or has become a tad unhinged. He decided I should own the Roja Dove perfume I've spent the last 4 years and 5 months lusting for: Haute Luxe. Naturally I dress for the occasion: red dress, gold earrings, NO perfume, and we drive to Neiman Marcus, the only place that sells it in the USA. At the perfume counters I am greeted by name. These aren't mere sales clerks, they're my friends who, over the years, have spent hours swapping perfume stories & info with me as I sniff away. A brand manager comes out to greet me. I introduce hubby and tell her, "Today is the day." With no further info, she claps in delight, goes and grabs their only bottle of Haute Luxe for me. They know my obsession perfectly well. Each time I've visited for the last 4 years and 5 months since it arrived, I've pointed to this bottle and said, "One day I'm going to buy that." Yesterday was the day. Charles, my regular clerk, was with another customer but when he saw me and the Haute Luxe he grinned and waved both hands in the air.

Naturally, while we're there we have to sniff other things as well. Charles sold hubby on a cedary bottle of Oud for Greatness by Initio, a new brand at the store. Then the brand manager asked if I'd smelled Chypre Extraordinaire. No, I hadn't. She sprays a card. I lift it to my nose. When I sniff, my head literally flies back at the unbridled beauty of this perfume. I gasp and exclaim, "Oh my god!"

What was I smelling? A divinity of chypre, a bliss of light oriental, so expertly blended, so deftly composed that it sings into my nose, Oakmoss dominant in the base like it's supposed to be, thank you very much EU 2014. If I try, yes, individual notes can easily be discerned, but my brain doesn't separate them at first. It registers as a single incomparable olfactory glory. "How much?" I ask. She tells me the high price. Not as high as Haute Luxe, mind you, but it would be the 2nd most expensive perfume I own. "Well," I say, crestfallen, "it can be my new lingering obsession." I forgot my transformed hubby was watching.

Today he went back to exchange a pair of earrings that broke as soon as I got them home last night. I thought nothing of it when he returned with a Neiman's bag, since he left with one. I am still in total shock that it also held this beauty which so deserves the word "Extraordinaire" in its name. Is it as gorgeous as Haute Luxe? No, that one's an actual narcotic. Having smelled it, life simply can't be the same, IMO. Chypre Extraordinare is great in another way. It's what a 2011 Chateauneuf du Pape is to Rhone wines, what a good Armagnac is to brandy. The bright top notes give way to a heavenly floral-pulpy fruit middle, down to a woody-resinous-animalic treasure of a base. An hour after applying, it still intensely mesmerizes and I expect this to continue.

Roja Dove justly reigns. Yes, there are other perfumers out there, but on my perfume shelves, he is the King. Have you Tuberose lovers smelled his Tuberose? OMG! They've stopped making it but in thanks for yesterday, the brand manager is going to hunt for some for me. Hasten the day!

Only question? What in the world am I getting hubby for Christmas?
Million flowers baby
Chypré Extraordinaire is again a chypre, like Diaghilev, which takes you back to a long gone time. I've rarely smelled a fragrance so skilfully composed. It makes my heart beat faster from the first spray. Deep, complex, somehow erotic, emotional and beguiling. I've fallen for him from head to toe. I feel at home, safe and perfect. It was love at first sight.

After a short aldehyde start, millions of flowers are pelting down on you. I don't know where to start describing.
Chypré Extraordinaire starts with as many white flowers as if you were sticking your head into a field of flowers several kilometres long. After this first impression, I mainly perceive tuberose, which to this extent has actually lost nothing here and yet is so ingeniously integrated. Fleshy-floral and accompanied by orange blossom, ylang-ylang and heliotrope in the background.
Shortly afterwards you can smell the typical peach note, which can also be seen in Mitsouko and Diaghilev. The plum secretly joins this and, with the aforementioned splendour of the flowers, forms a wonderful heart of the fragrance. Clearly the vanilla of the heliotrope is to be smelled before it gradually goes towards the base. Somehow Chypré Extraordinaire keeps flashing a little Diaghilev in the background. Now something dominates the Iris listed on the base. Then you can smell a slightly animal-smoky and human, erotic cumin, like in the Nüwa Vintage version. At the base it becomes very mossy, still animalistic, going into the slightly urinary maybe (civet) and a little leathery.

Chypré Extraordinaire is incredibly noble, despite the many flowers a real chypre with which one can make hearts beat faster.
Despite the many flowers, in my opinion also well wearable by a man.
This chypre is definitely something special. In this way never smelled and in spite of everything a masterpiece for me. Never strayed from the path of the Chypres despite its many flowers.
Thanks Roja for this fragrance!

The price, of course, is out of the question. If Chypré Extraordinaire had ended up in the Imperial Collection at Diaghilev, where I think he belongs alongside the other chypre and not in the Haute Luxe Collection, he would now be 500 GBP cheaper

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
Initially soapy and spicy floral-green, a warm and creamy, yet gently animalic, fruity-floral Chypre, with a dry and spicy earthy-woody base
CnixCnix 4 months ago
floral spicy chypre, very potent; unisex;
PapiapipiiPapiapipii 9 months ago
This is a masterpiece, simple as that.
One of the best chypre created, rightfully placed to Haute Luxe collection.

by Fogge
by Fogge
by CorleoneL
by CorleoneL

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums