Chypré Extraordinaire 2018

Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums
Top 59 in Unisex Perfume
Chypré Extraordinaire is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is chypre-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, May rose, Orange blossom, Grasse jasmine, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang, Cistus, Heliotrope, Violet, Blackcurrant bud, Peach, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesClove, Cumin, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Amber, Iris, Styrax, Leather, Civet, Musk

Submitted by Lexa, last update on 12.10.2020.

MrInfinite
From the skyline back to the curb
Since Corona is annoying me 24/7 and I have to wear the mask at work half day or longer, heavy scents accompany me more than ever "Lavender Extrême" for 48 hours now... I enjoy this dull weather with rain. It is no fun to go crazy all the time with mask & sweat and in 2 years Corona will be over too. It is sad how much we humans ruin our world but there are also the beautiful moments.

A member wrote to me and asked if he could have some of my Chypré Extraordinaire to test. Exactly the scent that has completely fallen into oblivion with me You can definitely have those nice moments with Chypré Extraordinaire, especially since the price is a proud 1750€. But does this automatically mean that it is a beautiful one?
Absolutely YES, if you like this kind of fragrances. At Rojas +1000€ fragrances you are not necessarily rewarded with something extraordinary because each nose only captures a part of the whole story Mr. Dove wants to tell us. I think if you have smelled more than 500 scents you will be able to understand the quality of the fragrance. It might otherwise be too much for a person who is not used to this.
For me Chypré E. looks very boozie almost like Enigma in the beginning but instead of whisky it is much more the flowers that create this effect. In the first few hours the "flower orgy" is intense and really competes with Diaghilev. I find Chypré E. more feminine than masculine. Flowers suit you women better.

After a good few hours comes the part where it fully develops its chypre-like note and becomes warm and woody. Not that the floral note has disappeared but you slowly notice how the woods envelop everything. What strikes me most is that Chypré stays spicy-floral until the end without ever disappearing into an earthy note. It is an experience in itself how beautiful a fragrance can be.
Perfect for the current weather and especially for the mood.

Can I make a recommendation? No, never! Chypré Extraordinaire is just too expensive for that... Overpriced is more like it.
Yes, it's a beautiful fragrance but in the end you can get 10 other niche fragrances instead of 3€ per sprayer (laugh).

King Perfumer
Whoa! I'm almost tempted to say--all you other perfumers, sit down and let the big dog hunt. What big dog? Roja Dove. I won't really say it only because there are many other perfumers whose creations I adore, but listen, folks! This is a masterpiece! Let me tell you how I came to own it.

Lately my husband has either won the lottery without telling me, robbed a bank, or has become a tad unhinged. He decided I should own the Roja Dove perfume I've spent the last 4 years and 5 months lusting for: Haute Luxe. Naturally I dress for the occasion: red dress, gold earrings, NO perfume, and we drive to Neiman Marcus, the only place that sells it in the USA. At the perfume counters I am greeted by name. These aren't mere sales clerks, they're my friends who, over the years, have spent hours swapping perfume stories & info with me as I sniff away. A brand manager comes out to greet me. I introduce hubby and tell her, "Today is the day." With no further info, she claps in delight, goes and grabs their only bottle of Haute Luxe for me. They know my obsession perfectly well. Each time I've visited for the last 4 years and 5 months since it arrived, I've pointed to this bottle and said, "One day I'm going to buy that." Yesterday was the day. Charles, my regular clerk, was with another customer but when he saw me and the Haute Luxe he grinned and waved both hands in the air.

Naturally, while we're there we have to sniff other things as well. Charles sold hubby on a cedary bottle of Oud for Greatness by Initio, a new brand at the store. Then the brand manager asked if I'd smelled Chypre Extraordinaire. No, I hadn't. She sprays a card. I lift it to my nose. When I sniff, my head literally flies back at the unbridled beauty of this perfume. I gasp and exclaim, "Oh my god!"

What was I smelling? A divinity of chypre, a bliss of light oriental, so expertly blended, so deftly composed that it sings into my nose, Oakmoss dominant in the base like it's supposed to be, thank you very much EU 2014. If I try, yes, individual notes can easily be discerned, but my brain doesn't separate them at first. It registers as a single incomparable olfactory glory. "How much?" I ask. She tells me the high price. Not as high as Haute Luxe, mind you, but it would be the 2nd most expensive perfume I own. "Well," I say, crestfallen, "it can be my new lingering obsession." I forgot my transformed hubby was watching.

Today he went back to exchange a pair of earrings that broke as soon as I got them home last night. I thought nothing of it when he returned with a Neiman's bag, since he left with one. I am still in total shock that it also held this beauty which so deserves the word "Extraordinaire" in its name. Is it as gorgeous as Haute Luxe? No, that one's an actual narcotic. Having smelled it, life simply can't be the same, IMO. Chypre Extraordinare is great in another way. It's what a 2011 Chateauneuf du Pape is to Rhone wines, what a good Armagnac is to brandy. The bright top notes give way to a heavenly floral-pulpy fruit middle, down to a woody-resinous-animalic treasure of a base. An hour after applying, it still intensely mesmerizes and I expect this to continue.

Roja Dove justly reigns. Yes, there are other perfumers out there, but on my perfume shelves, he is the King. Have you Tuberose lovers smelled his Tuberose? OMG! They've stopped making it but in thanks for yesterday, the brand manager is going to hunt for some for me. Hasten the day!

Only question? What in the world am I getting hubby for Christmas?
Million flowers baby
Chypré Extraordinaire is again a chypre, like Diaghilev, which takes you back to a long gone time. I've rarely smelled a fragrance so skilfully composed. It makes my heart beat faster from the first spray. Deep, complex, somehow erotic, emotional and beguiling. I've fallen for him from head to toe. I feel at home, safe and perfect. It was love at first sight.

After a short aldehyde start, millions of flowers are pelting down on you. I don't know where to start describing.
Chypré Extraordinaire starts with as many white flowers as if you were sticking your head into a field of flowers several kilometres long. After this first impression, I mainly perceive tuberose, which to this extent has actually lost nothing here and yet is so ingeniously integrated. Fleshy-floral and accompanied by orange blossom, ylang-ylang and heliotrope in the background.
Shortly afterwards you can smell the typical peach note, which can also be seen in Mitsouko and Diaghilev. The plum secretly joins this and, with the aforementioned splendour of the flowers, forms a wonderful heart of the fragrance. Clearly the vanilla of the heliotrope is to be smelled before it gradually goes towards the base. Somehow Chypré Extraordinaire keeps flashing a little Diaghilev in the background. Now something dominates the Iris listed on the base. Then you can smell a slightly animal-smoky and human, erotic cumin, like in the Nüwa Vintage version. At the base it becomes very mossy, still animalistic, going into the slightly urinary maybe (civet) and a little leathery.

Chypré Extraordinaire is incredibly noble, despite the many flowers a real chypre with which one can make hearts beat faster.
Despite the many flowers, in my opinion also well wearable by a man.
This chypre is definitely something special. In this way never smelled and in spite of everything a masterpiece for me. Never strayed from the path of the Chypres despite its many flowers.
Thanks Roja for this fragrance!

The price, of course, is out of the question. If Chypré Extraordinaire had ended up in the Imperial Collection at Diaghilev, where I think he belongs alongside the other chypre and not in the Haute Luxe Collection, he would now be 500 GBP cheaper

by Fogge
by Fogge

Popular Roja Parfums

Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Danger pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Roja Haute Luxe by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums