Diaghilev 2010 Parfum

Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Top 78 in Unisex Perfume
Diaghilev (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is chypre-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LemonLemon LimeLime OrangeOrange TarragonTarragon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlackcurrant budBlackcurrant bud HeliotropeHeliotrope Grasse jasmineGrasse jasmine PeachPeach May roseMay rose TuberoseTuberose VioletViolet Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris AmbretteAmbrette BenzoinBenzoin CedarwoodCedarwood CloveClove CuminCumin Gaiac woodGaiac wood LabdanumLabdanum LeatherLeather MuskMusk NutmegNutmeg OakmossOakmoss PatchouliPatchouli Peru balsamPeru balsam SandalwoodSandalwood StyraxStyrax VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver IrisIris CivetCivet

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 16.05.2022.

Chypre with WOW effect
From the very first sniff, this fragrance blows you away. There are so many things going on in it that you easily get speechless for the first couple of minutes just trying to gather yourself and your thoughts up.

It is so opulent and bold, definitely makes a statement that no person in the room could possibly dispute.

If you want attention, positive or negative - this is it. You will definitely get noticed and this is undoubtedly a head-turner.

The ingredients are extremely high quality here, you can smell it right away, so many naturals.

It's a bit overpriced though, I wouldn't recommend blind buying it.

Vintage Chypre
What can be said about Diaghilev that wasn´t said already... It is definitely a fragrance that polarise opinions. For me is for sure a great vintage chypre, deep and opulent, very well blended, as already Mr. Roja has accustomed us.
For the very first sniff that blows your mind and nose (literally) with a blast of clean bergamot, to the torrent of oakmoss with undertones of light dirty, animalic, musky leather that is intoxicating your olfactory cells, the opening of Diaghilev is truly spectacular. The oakmoss is always there, in different degrees, a constant presence throughout the perfume´s evolution. Floral, spicy-oriental in the dry-down till it fades out as a warm amber-labdanum skin scent.
The perfume has a decent longevity (on my skin) with moderate sillage. Definitely overprized but nevertheless a must try for chypre lovers and not only.

Scent 9/10
Longevity 7/10
Projection 5/10
Sillage 5/10
Unfortunately nothing for me
Diaghilev I wanted to test for a long time. Today it was finally so far. The expectations were high for a fragrance with such a high RRP of course. I think this is legitimate in this case but. The story around the person around which Diaghilev was created has me also very much in her spell pulled. Diaghilev really reaches like a bygone era. Unfortunately, because of this, it really seems simply impossible to wear this fragrance for me. The scent is clearly spectacular like Sergei Pavlovich Diaghilev Ballets Russes. Pompous and unique.

I just can't get my head around this let's put it this way, old scent. Diaghilev is certainly not bad the quality is really incredible. Unfortunately, however, all this brings nothing if the fragrance does not fit me at all, or I like. I can not recognize the individual notes here at all, but they form a perfect synthesis of the arts and harmonize perfectly with each other. I'm going to rate the fragrance 5/10 because I can't really rate this fragrance badly, even if it's not at all what I expected. The similarity to Guerlain Mitsouko I can but also recognize.

But the durability is definitely very good. The fragrance smells good 10 hours on my skin and the silage is always at an arm's length, only after 7-8 hours the silage is smaller than an arm's length.

Unfortunately, I and Diaghilev never seem to become friends which is a real shame, but at least it's good for the wallet.
Liquid gold...
That's what I called this Roja when I saw the price of it in the souk.
To the color of the noble elixir the name would fit quite.
So first of all nice and good the Scheinchen (with coins is there nothing to want....) held together.

Yes and behold, the wait was worth it, yesterday I was allowed to test this treasure at my dear Parfumo friend.

Diaghilev starts short and fierce with a citrusy note. After that, it becomes almost magical.
I can't make out a single scent note anymore and feel like a muggle who gets to look into Professor Snape's big bubbling cauldron of witches...no idea what's bubbling but it smells great....
However, I can say this much, it smells absolutely nothing like chypre until then.
I estimate the time at the witches cauldron to be about half an hour...then it's off into the woods. And there it is.
The Godfather of Chypre (I know, almost presumptuous if you can still count the tested chypres on both hands).
More sophisticated than the Bandit, more authoritative than the Scherrer, more spirited than Lubin's Eva or Guerlain's Mitsouko.

The sillage and longevity are as masterful as the fragrance itself.

Quite great cinema for Chypre lovers*innen.
DarkWinterCS
Rojas Pink shirt or French revolutionary wig?
Perfume - art, art - perfume or perfume art. So often these two are used, definitely not without reason. Especially if you then times a little on the forum or read responses to comments or statements, come up also gladly times the critical voices. Because the fragrances created by Roja Dove have a certain potential for division, despite their popularity.
I had already expressed some time ago my affection for the perfume art of Roja Dove. But this is not meant to be a fanboy comment. Because I see quite the problem. Can the prices of the fragrances be justified ? Critics like to say no here, because the fragrances do not sniff out this pricing. If one concerns oneself then more exactly with the perfumes and the man behind it and informs, then one can hear however that the point "natural materials" is clearly more important, than with other marks of the price class. Certainly, the brand name is now also paid properly, but the art is not to deny the brand. So it is rather the question, one would like to pay the proud price for the highest possible proportion of natural ingredients ?

The second point that is often raised is the direction of the fragrances. This is because Roja develops and creates fragrances that it likes itself. Therefore, this classical orientation often comes through, which are more reminiscent of the fragrances of bygone days and with their enormous violence and opulence would have enriched any celebration in 18th century France. Opulence is then also the appropriate word for the description of this fragrance.

Another transition that fits perfectly on this fragrance is the connection to art. For the Russian after whom Diaghilev was named has had a major impact on the modern art of Russia. He brought artists together with art and founded the Russian ballet, among other things. So Roja can only be congratulated for choosing this name.

For as long as I've been involved with Roja's fragrances, Diaghilev has been in a sort of locked room with me. So many times I've heard the scent in its YouTube appearances and had the urge to give it a try. However, I kept getting in my own way because I was afraid of being disappointed or that the chypre approach wouldn't appeal to me. In the end, my worries were probably unfounded.

The fragrance is now a few days as a filling with me and I could not spend a day without applying a spray on my forearm. That should already be taken as a positive value. However, the scent is a bit of a challenge for lovers of modern fragrances. Very opulent, very classic and very active in perception. For me, it took the second day to completely engage with the fragrance and see it for what it wants to exude. If you are not used to this kind of fragrances or if you hear it for the first time on your own skin, then it can already awaken the ancient associations. A journey into past centuries, when perfuming was still more hip than washing.

It definitely triggers something, just when you get used to it, it seems so sublime, so spectacular and elegant at the same time. A depth of infinite proportions that wants to engulf you and not let you go. So smooth, round and yet with certain edges. I wouldn't want to miss it even as a bottling. Enigma and Fruity Aoud (of which I'm still looking for a remaining bottle) have similarly thrilled me, but in a different way.
Since the genre of chypres is new to me, I was accordingly excited to see what would probably await me here. One can really say that I was not disappointed.

The fragrance starts from a combination of light citrusy freshness, a touch of spice and a great florality, reminiscent of white flowers and violets. Florality is often an exclusion criterion for me, but the fragrance knows how to find the right balance so that this is not overfilling. These top notes drag on for up to 1.5 hours for me. He acts here already quite voluminous, proud and sublime.
Begins the course then in the direction of the heart notes, it becomes somewhat drier, more tart and sweeter. You notice from minute to minute, how spices, resins and vanilla multiply and lift the fragrance to heights that are hardly imaginable. So soft, round and full of energy. What's fascinating is just the smooth transition from this florality to the resinousness. It smells simply breathtakingly beautiful and incomparable.
Umgarnt the whole thing is then in the moves to the base note with musk, oakmoss, light wood and spice. Here, the musk note partly flourishes into the top and heart notes purely.

Also in terms of durability and sillage, the fragrance does not disappoint on any track. I have the fragrance sprayed on at 8 o'clock in the morning and still heard at 20 o'clock. Just the first five hours, the fragrance also additionally welds its fragrance notes wildly through the area, so that one really fills entire rooms and sets its statement.

So what remains?

A great memory. Pleasure to have tested the fragrance and own a bottling. Possibly I decide times to keep a lookout for a restflakon. Because this fragrance I no longer want to miss in my collection. Because you really feel like a rich Russian full of opulence.
More whisky, less brandy
Do you know the scene from the Titanic movie where Guggenheim and Astor put on their tuxedos
to go down like a gentleman with a brandy in his hand?

Nowadays I ask myself the question which perfume the two of them would probably wear.
Characteristically, I feel very close to both of them. If I knew that tomorrow everything would be over, the biggest exchange would be to replace the brandy with a whisky.

I live in a valley. High up there is a bench with which you can make an indescribably beautiful
View of the city and the surrounding nature.
That's where I would sit. With a tux, whisky and Diaghilev.

And when everything comes to an end and you can answer the question "Was it that?" simply with "Yes and it's ok".

Diaghilev radiates calm and stability. Nothing for beginners.

A masterpiece.

Mitsouko Homme Intense
... ...that's what it might be called in the commercial world. But still, he has rather little to do with the current wording of Mitsouko. He polarizes strongly as soon as the top note has evaporated. The original Mitsouko, which Diaghilev himself used for his stage, was probably a bit sweeter and fruitier in the overall picture according to tradition.

It starts with the most beautiful peach note you can find at the moment. At the beginning peach, highly powdery iris and the gently embedded flower bouquet play the decisive role. Whoever buys it for this reason will be disappointed. Because it quickly transforms into a monstrous Oak Moss Civet Beast in a class of its own! The top notes evaporate quickly depending on the temperature, leaving rather masculine notes that are absolutely dry and very dark.

After the first hour it becomes more and more mossy and also smoky. Imagine a burning cigarillo drizzled with Civet over a huge carpet of oak moss. The fruit is completely absent in the drydown and soon nothing remains of the golden sweetness in the opening.

On textiles the chypre character remains for days, on the skin it quickly becomes a dark, heavy companion. Dress code! Or you can provoke in a hoodie... i've worn it every day for months. The durability is not quite as violent as often read, but this is probably due to the fact that it gets very close to the skin very quickly and it projects much better on textiles
Whoever is looking for a historically oriented fragrance that is rather smoky and animalistic in its drydown, should give it a chance
It's beautifully made. But you should be prepared for a very heavy, smoky oakmoss nerd. If you can handle it, feel free to try it.
Back from the past
This smell has hit me again fully in black. A mixture of memories of earlier times from my childhood with modern twist. Very similar to Guerlain Mitsouko but less powdery and clearly masculine. I know it's officially unisex, but clearly masculine to me. Maybe that's just my personal association, but I'm immediately taken back to the 70s to 80s with the first nose, because my father smelled similar at that time. I don't know exactly what he was wearing, but I loved it. A familiar feeling, which I am allowed to relive with this wonderful creation.

For me it's a fragrance from the past, but that was so long ago that you can wear it again - in the fashion world it's similar. Besides, I don't really care if a fragrance is now in, modern or old fashioned - it has to please me and last a long time. Diaghilev does both, even if the sillage or projection is not overwhelming now. He is present at close range throughout the day, and even the next morning on his clothes. By the way, I have already received compliments from women, which is not unimportant :-).

I'm glad I found a 10-something again. Pleasant, familiar, striking and for me a great enrichment that I don't want to miss anymore.
"If he's too strong..."
... once began a famous claim of a cough drop. And I admit it bluntly: Diaghilev is too strong for me. Like most Rojas it starts very massive, opulent and massive. Diaghilev is certainly one of the most characterful Rojas, but although it gets a bit softer in the course of time and loses its initial bulkiness a bit, there is still an angular note that would most likely be described as "cigarety". Despite the slight sweetness he develops in the base, which makes him a little more tolerable for me, one thing was clear to me: this fragrance would wear me, not me. There is always an animalism recognizable, which seems known to me far away from Malbrums "Tigre du Bengale", and there are masses of Bibergeil contained, therefore I guess also on appropriate doses of it in Diaghilev.

That's why I value it more abstractly because of its extreme complexity and less because it's "beautiful". For me personally, it would therefore be unacceptable. But I can fully understand the hymns of praise that the fragrance regularly experiences.

My rating:

Joy: 5 of 30
Quality, depth, vitality: 30 of 30
Shelf life: 20 of 20
Portability: 4 of 10
Flacon, packaging, presentation: 7 of 10

Total: 66 of 100
light and weight
she was sitting in the old theatre. the deep red curtains, heavy, were still closed. there was a soft smell of dust on them and on the velvet covers of the chairs. slowly the auditorium filled up.
expectation crackled in the air, the perfumes mixed with a touch of cool and fresh air, carried in from the autumnal parisian streets.leaves, stone, wood,...
and then still.
the curtain opens.
a stage in magical light,
dancers who move weightlessly and with the greatest aesthetics.
modern, timeless, sophisticated.

so is this fragrance: opened with a somewhat heavy flowered citric-herbal overture. and then opens into a bright sea of flowers and spices. bright, creamy, varied.
iridescent and energizing.
underneath lies a carpet of woody patchouli-like stability. knowledge, experience. primes the blossom dance with high standards and discipline. weaves spice and structure into the floating, lush blossom notes.
creamy, golden glow combines with dark, earthy weight. one increases the other.
harmony of opposites.

no harmless scent...a scented painting with a whole life in it...

JMWeedJMWeed 6 months ago
5.5
Not for me, quality is there, but polarizing. To me it gives off a visit to a home in the 80s of an old chain smoker. VERY leathery also.
MariaSMariaS 8 months ago
Man this is nuclear! It’s clearly masculine mature scent but I was curious to try it! Smells power, dominance and projects like a beast!!
MrLimuzinMrLimuzin 1 year ago
Late drydown is detestable, the civet has it smelling like a dirty, unwashed hamster cage. On the whole this is overstuffed & suffocating.
PapiapipiiPapiapipii 1 year ago
Chypre at its best, pure art in a bottle. Amazing perfume.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After an uplifting spicy-citric opening, this complex spicy-floral Chypre, settles to a warm and leathery, resinous earthy-woody base.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
I know this is swearing in the church, but I don't like this very much. Feels dated and like something for old people. Sorry...
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Quality speaks here for itself: classic chypre, well made, complex, mature and cultivated.
FarouhaFarouha 6 years ago
This perfume is a work of art but so expensive. Wonderful elegant scent. Smells of luxury.

by Cravache
by Saschispatz
by Cme
by Cme
by Maggy4u
Great, but for special moments not every day
by Carlossp

Popular by Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums