Elysium (2017) Parfum Cologne

Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums

Elysium (Parfum Cologne) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lavender, Thyme, Artemisia, Musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, May rose, Grasse jasmine, Apple, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Pink pepper, Cypriol, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Juniper berry, Benzoin, Vanilla, Labdanum, Leather, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.12.2019.

9.0 7.0 6.0 8.5/10

Norleans
Shut up an take my money!!! (part 3)
First of all, it should be said that the bottling of this water was one of the first bottlings that I had obtained at the beginning of my religious affiliation, uh... I had my Parfumo membership. I think one of the reasons for this was the incredibly high price for a bottle, which triggered the "Will-Haben-Reflex" in me. Will Haben was a 17th century English economist who became sadly famous for his unnecessary spending, which regularly sparked conflicts with his wife, Duchesse McMecker of Whizzlshizzl. His most famous quote is "Shut up and take my money!"

Meanwhile I know that it is quite possible to spend a tiny bit more on perfume. But the high price also kept me from buying a bottle after using up my 5ml bottle, so I ordered my dear Supernova from Dua Fragrances and hoped that I would like it just as much. I was surprised how close the supernova came to the Elysium. But after a while of wearing it, I lacked the depth and also the vivacity of this exceptional fragrance Elysium. Somehow he was too dull. That's why Supernova left me again. Recently I came across a reasonable offer here and let the bottle trap snap shut!

Elysium is not a fragrance you would call a unique panty dropper/ compliment getter/ Sillage monster (did I forget something?). For me, Elysium is the fresh fragrance with the special something. But what exactly is the "something"? The scents are so varied that I couldn't really name any of the individual components. What I perceive from the base note is a certain peanut aroma, yes, really. Sure, my nose is wrong, but I smell something like that. Not that I want to smell of peanut, but it's there and it's good, it gives Elysium a depth that many freshies lack. This depth makes Elysium special to me. Admittedly, the durability could be a little better, but the price could be a little lower. Well, but nobody is perfect :-)

Every once in a while you read that Elysium is going towards Aventus. I don't want to say no to that. The direction is similar, but Aventus is a bit more subtle, a bit more "ordinary" (sorry!). Elysium is a little more distinguished, not so loud and warmer in its freshness. Elysium's recognition value is immensely high if you ever smell it on someone else. Those who are not afraid of the issue will have a really fine fabric here that can be worn in any situation. Seasonally I wouldn't make any restrictions here either.

Thanks for reading

10.0 6.0 7.0 6.5/10

ErhanSaceros
The complex scent pyramid and the simple scent experience
My first, tested Roja simply had to be this one, because I'm still looking for the ideal summer scent and because blue flacons are simply the most beautiful for me. Comments, statements, fragrances and the reputation of this brand were promising. Nevertheless, I always kept my expectations low in order to avoid great disappointments. But you saw it coming: I was disappointed.

There are grapefruits which I either classify only citrically or only fruity. Elysium starts with a bitter, but authentic and pleasant note of grapefruit, which is both citrus and fruity and which stands out a little from the other fruits. For me, the whole thing is also beautifully Mediterranean, without the need for green, spicy or even maritime notes. One also notices a kind of wateriness in the scent: freshly cut fruits in a glass carafe filled with water. But here you can already see that the whole thing is only supported by a simple, clean and woody base. Surprisingly simple when you look at the fragrance pyramid. The fragrance is also transparent: it has hardly any weight or intensity. Yet he radiates well without disturbing. One notices because of the transparency and simplicity that not much is to be expected anymore.

After the opening, the scent character of the top note remains to a large extent, without any of the heart note coming to light. But now a kind of "old people smell" is added. This ruins my mediterranean feeling and of course I mark the scent as "for older" from here on. In addition, there is also a transparent, metallic odour. Not the kind of sweaty, glowing, biting, tangible metal stench, but more like the released scent of metal shelves in a supermarket? In any case more pleasant than many other metallic notes. Still, the whole thing doesn't add up for me either. A little later the fruits also become slightly acidic.

And then came the predictable base note, the simplicity of which one could already guess in the top note: woody-clean-musky; thin-transparent.

Well, that's all.

Gentleman? Aventus? Office scent? High-class? Best summer scent? No, I'm afraid I have to disagree. I think the scent is "just" nice. An independent, cosy Sunday scent for the summer. Simply knitted and portable (despite muff and metal). It is not a revelation or a highly complex matter. There is a lack of depth, a strong character and something special. He can only give me a light smile at best. But fortunately, no nervous breakdown. :)
9.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

TRehf
Another modern gentleman in a blue bottle
Background story:

I have to admit, I'm a fan of those modern classic gentlemanly scents in blue bottles that were released since 2010, starting with Bleu de Chanel followed by Dior Sauvage, Versace Dylan Blue and so on... Although they share similarities - in the end - all of them stand on their own feet and became very successful scents, due to their mass-appeal and modern scent character.
With those thoughts and some notes of Elysium in my mind from previous online research, I sat on my chair on an Emirates flight to Dubai where I browsed the on-bord-shopping magazin.
I discovered the following offer: 100ml + 7,5ml travel atomizer Elysium for ca. 850AED (= 210€ = 230$). "Nice Deal", I thought to myself, "what a pity I haven't tried it before. If I'd liked it, I would buy it now".
While I was watching a movie from the inflight entertainment, adverterising scrolled through the screen "20% off inflight shopping, today online". I thought it was a sign, so I blind bought 107,5ml Elysium for 180€ in 36000ft height.
Arriving at the hotel, of course the first thing i had to do was checking my new fragrance...

Things about Elysium that come in my mind:
- citrusy, fruity, woody, masculin-gentlemanly yet modern, refined, complex yet easy to wear
- Can be worn in all seasons but preferred in spring and summer
- 5 sprays on average, 7 max.
- for professional and casual wear
- is in the same genre like the other fragrances mentioned before but not redundant to any of them. Smell ist much more refined, complex and natural to me. As some other reviewers mentioned before, I do see the most similarities with CREED Aventus as well but even in direct comparison, they are not sharing the same scent character but the same vibe.

Scent:
- starts bright and citrusy, very natural and complex
- after 1,5h citrus opening tones down and vetiver-woody notes become dominant
- some fruity notes (apple + blackcurrant) are detectably for the whole lifetime
- comparisons to Aventus might come from the ambergris + blackcurrent note, which are not overly dominent but clearly perceptible

Subjective rating: 9
I just love the complexity of this scent combined with its easy-to-wear character.

Objective rating: 8,5
I do think that it is very hard to dislike to the average person. I think most dislikes will come because it doesn't have enough niche character to justify the pricetag. But I got it in a very good deal and it is still cheaper than most Roja parfums.

Longevity:
It scratches the 7h mark on my skin, which is really good for a fresh scent. The much more expensive Parfum version of Elysium might last even longer but isn't worth it in my opinion.

rating: 8.5

Sillage:
The scent is not overly shouting but sillage is there for 2,5...3h. The scent leaves a nice trail behind you during that time.

rating: 7

Bottle/packaging:
The packaging is not on the same level like by Kilian. But Elysium comes in a very solid box with a sliding case. The bottle itself looks gorgeous.

rating: 9
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

TillAlex
The gentleman and his young brother
So, now I'll try my first comment.
As you might guess from the headline, I would like to venture a comparison between the Supernova and the Elysium Parfum Cologne and share my impressions with you.
But enough talk.
This morning I sprayed the elysium and the supernova on the back of my hand and was directly curious, slightly addicted, hung alternately on my two hands.

The Elysium starts less citric than the Supernova, it looks much rounder and softer. In the citric and green notes, the SN appears somewhat more artificial and sharper than the Elysium.
After 20 minutes the Elysium becomes juicier and the berries join in, the SN remains very true to its fragrance. Here it comes for me to no development.
After 4 hours the Elysium is noticeably weaker and appears enormously creamy, vanilla and slightly fresh The SN has lost some of the slightly artificial citric and now looks much rounder than at the beginning and has on me a much stronger performance compared to the Elysium.

Conclusion: Two wonderful fragrances that have similarities but are by far not the same. The Roja appears more elegant, somewhat calmer and more balanced. The Supernova is fresher, stronger and a bit younger! I think both fragrances are great and will definitely like to wear them both.
The Supernova rather casual in the spare time and the Roja with pleasure sometimes for a nice evening.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

This is Roja not Creed Aventus
I loved Aventus for years. There was nothing to compare with untill this Elysium was launched.
It is almost similar, but there is difference. I like the opening of Elysium more. More fruity and sweet. But projection and longevity of Aventus is slightly better I Think.
After all, it is worth the price and I love it
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Exaltatus
What to describe when you miss the words - is actually indescribable...!
The place known as DAS Elysium is a paradisiacal, rose-decorated meadow where eternal spring reigns, and where a nectar-like potion from a source of Lethe enables eternal oblivion of all earthly suffering.

That must be what Roja Dove has said, because at the first smell, my eyes closed automatically and I forgot everything around me.
When such a wonderful moment arrives - one is arrived. Arrived in Elysium...

He managed to settle my morning war with myself. Finally no more questions:
"What am I wearing today"
...the feeling "It couldn't fit the occasion"
"he'll hold until I've met all the appointments"
These questions have all been answered within a fraction of a second.

I perceive the fruits you carry within you.
But also the leather and ambergris do their work excellently.
The work and the fine nose of the master, Roja Dove personally, are reflected in this delight and it does not get boring at all.

Je t'aime parce que je me suis capable de voir en toi les choses que les autres ignoraient. Le monde devient merveilleux, quand je suis avec toi.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

ReenM
Actually he should have been called Flashback, even if he smells different...
Many of us have it in our heads over and over again. "How about we find the scent that'll never let us go?" A perfume that accompanies you at all times and never gets boring. Some say that they don't want that at all because they love variety, others because they have simply given up the search already and still others that they have arrived long ago.

I have also been working intensively with perfumes for about 10 years and have been following many "noteworthy" new releases in both the designer and niche sectors. I often wonder what I'm looking for. Is it the urge for new and completely unknown discoveries? Or is it the special search for fragrances that have been stored deep in memory? Maybe it's just both. I can't say why, but sometimes I've stored odours in my head whose nuances I can't express verbally, but which simply can't get out of my head. So I had this for example since my youth with a smell of fresh shaving foam. When I think back to my childhood, I always get this pleasant scent of shaving foam in the morning, which my dad conjured up with a little water and a brush in the bowl. Also the search for the special shaving cream did not help me some years later, because the fragrance was probably reformulated. It sounds 1000-fold repeated but when I tested Aventus 2010 for the first time in an unsuspecting perfumery, I was shocked. That was exactly the shaving cream smell I was looking for so long and never found in a perfume. Meanwhile you can smell it on every corner and that doesn't bother me any more but the enthusiasm has unfortunately diminished.

When I went to my favourite perfumery about a month ago to pick up the Layton Exclusif - a fantastic fragrance - I got a small bottle of Elysium PC. Often I am a little afraid to test a bottling directly when buying a new one because this often leads to a never-ending buying spiral but there is worse. After the first spraying I already noticed that it is a very natural fragrance, which with its citrus-fresh opening provides a pure cooling on warmer days. The fragrance did not undergo a great transformation for me either, it only becomes a little drier with time and expands with gentle wood and resin tones, but always remains fresh and cooling light. Also the durability is very good with me, although the complete opposite to my previously mentioned new purchase, because Elysium always remains discreet and close to the wearer. Nevertheless, the environment seems to perceive him very well, I have worn it after 3 weeks (so you know how the Roja went out here for me), again and again compliments. But there are many citrus-fresh fragrances with woody and dry undertones. This one has again complained to me about a flashback, as I tried to sketch it above. This time it wasn't about shaving cream...

I sometimes only notice whether I really like a fragrance when the level in the bottle is important to me. Often I have fragrances where I like to overdose a little bit to at least see some consumption in the bottle, because I don't know what to do with all the contents. Some bottles, on the other hand, seem to empty very quickly. That's how I feel about Elysium, I'm afraid. I've always looked sadly through this beautiful blue to see that the content was dwindling much too fast.

I'm looking forward to sharing my next discovery with you.

See you soon dear community...
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Integral
Biting iron is not difficult
Together with their customers, Roja's fragrances are very interesting. I find this one especially striking.

A mixture of various fruits paired with strange scents of the manageable kind, such as cedar wood, or musk characterize this fragrance. The drive is mainly of citric shape. A musk tries to join the citrus orgy. The picture of a farmer catching the good air on the Ertnewiese. For me a déjà-vu on a summer holiday, where I ordered a lemon juice based cocktail with lime as decoration at the beach bar. It doesn't take long for this composition to feel overshadowed by the sweeter components, such as apple and vanilla. Suddenly there are two Old Waiter on the table. The cedar wood and vetiver give a slightly green-woody chord, which gives the previous development a slightly angular coating. In the downforce I fear the musk again. Now with a strong offset to the previous one. A small, very well made synthetic hides itself linearly behind the main spectacle and stacks up to the stop.

Basically I perceive Elysium as citric, woody and fruity. In this case this fits very well to high temperatures.
A well thought out fragrance that belongs to the Rojas family without any major shortcomings. All those who grind their knives dry can make use of a scent like Elysium One. This is also promised by the bottle with its insolent appearance.
10.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Mntbubblegum
I am not a man of many words
mMn are Elysium and Aventus brothers, not twins but very different brothers in character, who nevertheless have the same DNA.
If Aventus is more the daredevil ("Badboy") brother, Elysium is the beauty of both.
Elysium comes fresher and more lively but also lighter than Aventus.
There's nothing more to say about the scent. Nothing new and nothing moving just a reinterpretation of an existing fragrance.

Is it a good scent? Definitely
Is the fragrance worth its price?: Definitely not
Is Aventus worth its price?: Of course, not even
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Finely tuned fragrance water
A scent created for a man who needs no help in reaching his Elysium - this is the advertising message from master Roja himself. He has never lacked pithy sayings. And most of the time, I don't like those plaster tusks. Here, however, I must admit: There is nothing to add to this slogan. Elysium is a fragrance for people who don't have to prove themselves anymore (Yes I know, stupid saying, because every one of us wants to/can/has to prove something new every day auf´s).
Who does Elysium suit? To relax types who have found their position in life.
When does Elysium fit? Practically always. The morning after sports. At work. Dinner in the evening. And yes, Elysium is wearable at the club, too. A (I apologize to Leimbacher for the theft of words) "always-goer". But at a proud price. Justified? Even if there are supposedly already 100 other fruity scents: Nobody is as fine, as perfectly composed and as elegant as this one. And so everyone must decide for himself whether this exclusivity is worth the price. At least I haven't regretted the purchase for a moment.
7.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Go for a test with insane scents!
Soo, here I describe a Roja scent. A brand that I would like to test more often, but somehow I stand out too much if I always go to the one store where these fragrances are, as Roja is not easy to find in every perfume shop around the corner. The same applies to many other fragrances as well, such as Xerjoff, Clive Christian, Stéphane H. Lucas etc...

But I do meet regularly with one of your kind, a lunatic, um... I meant a perfume. Yes... of an insane perfuma, or insanely freaky perfume, that always comes with an extremely long list of scents she would like to sniff (and whose handwriting is apparently not identifiable without a coding machine :D). Why she's a freak? Isn't the mention of the long list of fragrances already enough for you? No, because I'm sure you all have something like that during testing! And when I tell you that she looked at me disappointed when I told her that I won't be publishing any more daily commissions for 2-3 weeks, because I would go on vacation?
If I tell you something like that, you MUST say on ANY occasion that you will be disappointed that you will not hear from me for so long, which will give me the feeling that I really like being read here! Yeah, yeah, that's what it looks like! Love me for fuck's sake!! :DD *sigh*

But one good thing that she drags me everywhere has the whole thing already: Exactly why I come from time to time also to test and comment such smells as Elysium here... quite apart from the fact that I am also allowed to sniff at my snoop company! :DD Hmm.... maybe I shouldn't have written this out loud, should I? Well, if you don't hear from me the next days, then I'm not already on vacation, no, then she has beaten me a little too hard DD

The Scent:
The fragrance begins wonderfully citric with a deliciously tangy grapefruit. Only a little later you can smell a little lavender, some apple (well, you have to smell a little more) but above all thyme, whose herbaceous scent goes wonderfully with fresh grapefruit. I also feel a little creamy, but I can't determine exactly where this creamy note comes from.
A little later, currants are added, the scent becomes slightly more powdery and thus also softer. I also smell pink pepper and a little musk, which gives the fragrance some sweetness.
A little later the fresh herbaceous notes become a little weaker and the fragrance becomes increasingly spicier, not very strong, but still clearly perceptible. I then smell a fragrance that reminds me of oud, but over time this oudy fragrance becomes clearer and clearer and turns out to be a mix of juniper and other woods as well as leather.
In the base you can still smell fresh citrus notes (of course only very lightly), a little bit sweet scents of musk, but mainly juniper and then leather (which fades away at some point and you can almost smell only juniper). The benzoin probably ensures a generally gentle perception of the fragrance, so that the fragrance always appears warm and gentle in addition to its freshness, and the small powdery note in the background additionally enhances this perception. A beautiful scent.

Sillage and durability:
The Sillage is Roja-like strong, but seems to belong to the less powerful Rojas. The top note is in any case well smellable, the heart note one perceives less, the basis becomes better then again, since the woods radiate well.
Durability is as usual good with over ten hours!

The flacon:
The bottle is rectangular and dark blue. On the front you can see the name and brand as well as a logo in golden writing. The lid has the shape of all Roja bottles, but no Swarovski stones have been embedded here. To be honest, I find the bottle a bit disappointing, at least if you simply like the usual Roja bottles more. Of course, this bottle is also high quality and also very nice to look at, but I personally just like the more massive bottles a little better.

Oh, I really liked this scent here. Just the beginning has to offer madly mad mad, citric fresh notes, if one stands on citric smells. In addition, there are herbaceous and tart scents, which I find very suitable with summer scents, especially with citric notes, because these simply harmonize so beautifully with each other. The middle part is then clearly spicier, which brings somehow also a nice change. And the later base is like a mix of the top note (because you can smell light citric notes again) and the middle part. It is still spicy later, but then in a more gentle way.

The fragrance may now appear springlike and summery for the most part, but its spicy notes make it also work well in autumn, so that I could actually describe the fragrance as an all-rounder. You could use it well during the day or in your free time, probably also for going out, but more so for eating or so, at least not for partying, but there the tastes are always different anyway. There are madmen who would probably use really fierce coriander ylang-ylang cardamom spice bombs in a techno party or something like this :DD

Be that as it may, the fragrance is worth a test!
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Between fruit baskets and ChickenWings
What is there actually draped around the bottle, on this fruity photo? Grapefruit, lime and ChickenWings? Or rather dried pig ears? I wouldn't want to rule anything out since I joined Parfumo. Well, it's more like ambergris... A(m)bra-kadabra, let's go:

Elysium opens with an overflowing, slightly overdrawn fruit basket. Predominantly with acidic and fleshy equipment, paired with a trace of lavender.
Clear, white floral chords join the fruit basket. Full and fleshy flowers that squeeze into citrus fruits and 4 lychees. You really have to concentrate and need several attempts to grab this Roja-typical armada with different scents. Is it still flowering or are the fruits already overripe?

Keep in mind the lavender branch, which tries in vain to maintain the balance in the fruit basket. He manages it at least in so far that the memory of a modern-classical scent concept could be guessed, if one would want then.
You shouldn't leave a fruit basket in the blazing sun too long, that's also the case with Elysium Parfum Cologne.
A soft, somewhat synthetic leather chord with a distinct vetiver recently slides towards the fruit basket from behind. He wants to rush to the aid of the poor lavender and save him from the pulp mess. At least that was his plan in the beginning, because our herbaceous friend Vetiver is chatting himself up with the pretty citrus fruits and calls Mr. Amber. Unfortunately, the Vetiver makes itself quite penetrating to the fruit basket. On hot days, we also love to demonstrate the herbaceous chest hair without tops Lavender, on the other hand, is left to itself and is hopelessly lost. What remains for me is an earthy-sweet-warm Vetiver fruittaura, which I can't make friends with in the medium term.

Musk is only effective in the form of Roja's personal red Persian carpet flanged under the basket... does not freshen up the fragrance. Juniper berries normally look for other company, but do not have the big choice and sit only astonished and confused in the corner due to lack of space. For me, the Elysium PC is not a typical summer scent, even when it comes to fruit. As mentioned above, I feel the fruit in this fragrance concentration somewhat overdrawn and the vetiver also too accentuated.

When we talk about citric, fruity, tangy and juicy colognes, I think of the opening of Bigarade Concentrée by Jean-Claude Ellena. Elysium doesn't come anywhere near here, but he may not even want to. Roja-untypical is tried to go a middle way to open up a broader niche with this beautiful bottle and corresponding marketing measures.
After approx. 1h the whole thing calms down and appears more sorted. The shelf life is somewhere around 6h with moderate charisma.

When the bottle arrived at my place, I had to find out that it had torn the cheaply glued inner lining of the outer packaging out of its hinges due to its own weight. If this happens, it has the nasty side effect that the complete box mufft after health-endangering 2-component adhesive. Also a way to get your eyes open. Just take a look under the hood when buying a car. The "Blitzblank" bottle is extremely susceptible to scratches and any attempt to polish this barrel to a high gloss makes the whole dilemma even worse. I wouldn't even like to say that the 1st generation gorilla glass! hear, hear!

What do we learn from history? The flanker does not like potent vetiver in connection with amber and fruit citrus notes.
I think the perfume cologne is "too much of some good things". The result: an earthy-sweet-fruity-warm nasal punch in Parfum Cologne concentration.
I have my own theory on the question of who creates Roja fragrances. It is a Sharepoint-based fragrance workflow, where every perfumer at Roja including Jean Pütz and Urban Priol can add as many ingredients as he likes...until the warehouse is empty.

Credits:
The regionally known Creed has absolutely nothing in common with both Elysium fragrance concentrations! Guys, guys... The juice is not ubiquitous! What, so Asterix... Never mind.
10.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Timekeeper
The most ingenious summer fragrance I know!
I bought this fragrance because of the comments and statements written here.

So: I was very skeptical before ordering - Elysium Parfum Cologne is rather cheap for a Roja,
270 Euro for 100 ml. Other people who have already tested this fragrance expressed themselves: The Cologne is not a comparison to the EdP, who knows the Edp - he doesn't want to know about the Cologne!

After I finally got the scent, I could test it extensively :)

Elysium starts very citric, in the beginning I notice the lemon, bergamot and the grapefruit very strongly. The latter does a LOT job - later I add something flowery (very light) and the Johanni berry -
The base notes make the whole thing round for me and I can say that this fragrance is a true experience. For me this fragrance is very complex, many say exactly the opposite, but it is difficult to describe this fragrance, because it always causes surprises: You think that it was with the development, but then a completely different fragrance comes through again, just GENIAL!

This fragrance has a strong resemblance to Aventus, but for me it is from the fragrance rather Mazzolari's Nero - A comparison of these fragrances with the Elysium is not possible for me, because he is simply different, let's call him it: the QUINTESSENCE , I am also so free and claim Elysium Cologne is the more beautiful fragrance - compared to the current Aventus.

The Sillage is in the first 2-3 hours strong and well perceptible, on the skin it holds with me approx. 7-8 hrs.
The concentration here is not an EdC either, but this one has a higher concentration. So don't let the name fool you.

I would wear this masterpiece only in summer, because it is the most beautiful at this time :)
My new summer signature.

I don't have a comparison to Elysium EdP. Since I like the perfume Cologne so much, the EdP will also have to move in with me.

Another reason for buying was the bottle for me, for me the most beautiful and perfect bottle I know, the spray head is also great, but was no different to expect :)

Unfortunately the bottle has slight scratches, I don't know if that's normal because it's hand polished - or if it's a mistake.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Upper Class Aventus
Elysium Parfum Cologne is the perfect solution for all those for whom Aventus by Creed was too cheap or not exclusive enough so far or who finally want to afford a Roja Dove fragrance at an "entry-level price".

Halt no - Error in thinking! The one with the relatively cheap price (approx. 270 € for 100 ml) for a Roja Dove fragrance is correct, but related to the quantity one is not necessarily cheaper with the original Aventus Eau de Parfum from Creed (approx. 185 € for 50 ml).

Sparfüchse and Roja Dove Fanboys will probably prefer Elysium Cologne - everyone else will prefer the original. Or the brand is a schnurzpiepegal and can also warm up with one of the many cheaper twin fragrances.

And I'd like to say that this Elysium Parfum Cologne is already damn full. In the first seconds the citric-fruity top note almost seems to explode - the projection is just too powerful. This is also where the difference to Aventus can be found, because Elysium offers more of the citric-bergamot freshness that is not untypical for Roja Dove. Pineapple could actually be missing, but I have the impression that there is still some ambroxan in the recipe. And does anyone else know the good old horizon of Guy Laroche? At that time it was also kept in blue and had an ethereal-spherical freshness, which I think I can sniff again in small doses.

A 1:1 copy is definitely out of the question, but I can well imagine that Roja Dove wanted to offer a fast niche hit for the young-at-heart clientele - which also olfactorily fits his portfolio seamlessly.
So he probably said to himself, "I have to make it myself ... let".
I wouldn't be surprised if a women's version was released with the same recipe to appeal to this target group as well.

Personally, I like Elysium because of its absolutely positive charisma and it is a convincing summer cologne in a class of its own.

Roja Parfums Elysium Review On YouTube
This is my Roja Parfums Elysium Review. My Elysium Pour Homme by Roja Parfums Fragrance Review. This was an unexpected delight of a fragrance from Roja Parfums. Not typically the style of fragrance I would expect from this luxury niche brand, Roja Parfum but it really works. What we have here with Roja Parfums Elysium Pour Homme Parfum Cologne is a crowd pleaser and a compliment getter. This is an ultra classy, masculine fragrance and very easy to wear but still very complex with lots of great notes. It's a very modern fougere. Please watch my review for more info about Elysium Pour Homme Parfum Cologne.

Pepdal 11 months ago
This is just ok, but I struggle to see why I would ever spend the money on a bottle of this over something like Bleu De Chanel.+1
5.0

by Diyenli61
by MichaelS2019
by MichaelS2019

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Danger (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Amber by Roja Parfums Enslaved (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Ti Amo by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amore Mio by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma / Creation-E (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Lilac by Roja Parfums