Elysium (2017)Parfum Cologne

Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums

Top 45 in Men's Perfume
Elysium (Parfum Cologne) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lavender, Thyme, Artemisia, Musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, May rose, Grasse jasmine, Apple, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Pink pepper, Cypriol, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Juniper berry, Benzoin, Vanilla, Labdanum, Leather, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.03.2020.

9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

A juicy treat.
Up to now, I have actually avoided the high-priced perfumes of this producer. And this, although I have a high regard for Roja's vetiver. But you can overdo it in terms of price.

And then this dog with his perfume colognes came around the corner.
By the way: What is a "Parfum-Cologne"? I have known: Eau de Cologne, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum as well as Parfum. But please what is a Perfume Cologne? "Would he need it now?" the Bavarian would ask
But he got me. The dog. With his vetiver. And since I can hardly get myself together because of all the joy about this perfume Cologne, I was practically forced to give other candidates of this series a chance. And the Elysium wiggled its butt so much that I couldn't get around a sample.

I can imagine, by the way, that I adjust my opinion about this fragrance again in the warm season, because it seems to be made for this time of the year.

And I have also long suspected that there is a drug that encapsulates ingredients only to release them slowly. Nasomatto's "Silver Musk" is such a typical candidate. One sprays, smells almost nothing, only to discover in the course of time that one is wearing a fragrance after all.

And also at Elysium the scent seems suspicious to me. But from the beginning:

At the beginning it is a bit turbulent. A lot of citrus fruit in the top note. And since there is also some smokiness, I am not surprised that attentive observers point to similarities with Aventus.

But then Elysium turns in another direction. I smell a sauna that was used yesterday. Wood mixes with essential oils and cold lava rock. Musk and sweet, red berries give a touch of arbitrary mainstream, but in unusual variety.

Soon the scent settles down and it becomes clear where it is heading: The woody smokiness, the berry sweetness and the light musk are the carpet on which the juiciest and tastiest grapefruit you can imagine is spread. Fresh, bright, transparent, refreshing and very high quality, combined with musk. This is really fun!

And this grapefruit lasts a very long time. This is unusual, because normally these citrus fruits evaporate quickly. They are therefore not really suitable as a base grade. But here the world is upside down and Elysium flows into this brilliant citrus fruit. And therefore I am of the opinion that this scent has been encapsulated somehow. Their actual volatility can be studied well with some other grapefruit scents, whose first sprayer has already evaporated by the third sprayer.

Although the shelf life of this grapefruit is brilliant, its radiance is somewhat restrained at this stage. I can smell myself from time to time, but I don't think that there is still a lot that gets out.

If you want to know my opinion about the Roja prizes, please read my Vetiver commi. (Short summary: grrrrr!!!!) But the scents have class. And Elysium is really beautiful
9.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Scarred past paradise...
According to Roja Dove, only a few people manage to realize the dream of this supposedly evergreen and lushly flowering paradise. In 2020, I have a firm resolution: I want to go to this paradise too!
Anyone who is regularly active on YouTube and the relevant perfume-related communities must necessarily be familiar with this Elysium, especially in the so-called Parfum-Cologne version. While the buzz around Aventus has faded away over the years, this one is just emerging from the sea of hype and is on everyone's lips, because there is hardly a "Top 10 Niche List" of a well-known influencer without this beautiful bottle. As I liked the pyramid of scents very much and I generally like citric-fresh scents, I thought to myself, you can order a 270 € expensive perfume blind. Sounds silly, it is, but at least with this fragrance I wanted to put an end to my passion for collecting, but more about that in the end.

Looking at the extremely lush pyramid of scents, one expects a citric fragrance, paired with slightly ethereal green nuances, which are embedded on a musk and wood foundation. Well, I can agree with that, but according to my nose the pleasure is much more trivial. In principle, the scent can be broken down into three stages: Citrus, juniper or currants and towards the end vetiver, all other of the drölfhunder ingredients I do not really want to notice here, whereby the juniper berries are by far the most dominant for me. Later this role is taken over by vetiver, woods I unfortunately miss completely.

As far as the shelf life is concerned, I would classify it as only moderate, after 5-6 hours the sun goes out in the highly praised paradise, but I didn't expect much more considering the "fresh" scent DNA.

From this dynamic, the attentive reader can see that I am actually a little disappointed with this fragrance, I just expected something else. I would have liked the citric notes to be juicier, more prominent and a little longer lasting. This fragrance is above all a berry bomb, I perceive the juniper and redcurrant very distinctly throughout the entire fragrance process. This is new for me and to be honest I did not expect such a course of events in advance. The reason for this false expectation was probably the constant comparison with Aventus. This one here definitely NOT in common with Aventus!

Despite everything, the quality and craftsmanship of this fragrance is clearly noticeable. It tells a story, kidnaps the wearer to different places, is somehow complex, yet simple in its nature. Many will like it, but few will really appreciate it. I confess, I have a very simple freshie nose, I just like it
The purchase of this fragrance was also symbolically the end of my passion for collecting fragrances, the end of a journey, which had supposedly arrived in paradise. The most expensive bottle in my collection, the climax was reached. A total of almost 70 fragrances, a total value of one small car. It has to stop at some point
I would have loved to celebrate this milestone with that scent, but the spark didn't really want to ignite yet. I'll keep wearing the sample, maybe I'll learn to love him. But only like and find okay, that is definitely not enough for me with such an expensive fragrance. Until then, the bottle will remain in its original packaging, maybe it will get the last free place in my collection, who knows.

10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Happiness
I noticed this bottle immediately in the Oberpollinger in Munich. The deep blue flacon with the golden cap and lettering. Just a dream.
I had to test it immediately.

And now we start with the short description of the fragrance.

It starts very fruity and fresh, for me the most beautiful fruity start of a perfume. I perceive the grapefruit very clearly, enveloped by many other notes such as lemon, bergamot and some musk After about 10-30 minutes it gets warmer and jasmine is added, although the jasmine is already a little more present than the jasmine. As it progresses, it becomes warmer and warmer. The vanilla, which is present in the background, wants to support the main notes.
In the end it gets a bit woody, which is probably due to the pink pepper, which takes the freshness away a bit. Nevertheless simply suitable.
In plain language, the fragrance remains fruity from beginning to end, only the least at the end.
What is also ingenious, of course, is the idea or scent description of Roja Dove itself.
He calls it yes (Elysium), a kingdom of paradise where only the chosen ones go.
This is his motto.
In fact, I agree with the motto, because for me it smells like a paradise full of bright fruit, bliss, cleanliness, heavenly and fascinating.
No I'm not exaggerating, those are honestly my associations.
I own Creed adventures eh aventus sorry, aventus cologne and have tried countless other fresh scents. But only this one contains this sparkling naturalness and fruitiness. Simply ingenious.......
Motto well done.
Yeah, it's expensive. Remember that the ingredients are noticeably high quality and this is reflected in the price as well as the bottle.
It should be said that you have to compose something like that first, and roja managed to create something great like that, which is why the price is (unfortunately) justified for me.

Sure, there is still the perfume variant, also tested, but not by far better. The Elysium Cologne projects even more than the perfume. Shelf life is somewhat better for perfume. Well, I'll save you the trouble. Smell almost the same. Cologne a little fresher. Better for me. And it has the thing - Sieger Cologne! :-)
Now let's talk about durability and projection.

Amazingly enough, I and my surroundings perceive it very well, even after 6 hours it is still present. He actually stops with me the whole day and in addition he is never pushy but well perceptible.
A perfume through and through perfect for me.

Conclusion: Top fragrance for spring and summer, due to its strong presence also wearable in autumn and winter. Age, of course, no specification, everybody's own!
Class!

Scent:10/10
Durability:10/10
Sillage:9/10
Compliments: I don't care, but it's positive Total:10/10.

Love
Elias
9.0 8.0 7.0 10.0/10

Felsn
close Nose Fanboytum and the Last Unicorn...
in the still young year 2020 we went on a taster expedition again, this time to düsseldorf, which is not too far away. the aim of the desire: roja doves parfum cologne collection. a blind purchase in the price range is out of the question thanks to relevant experience and it is simply beautiful to give a day the opportunity to become a fragrance discovery journey with all its possible facets. and especially since master roja's fragrance compositions are not really available everywhere to grasp close by, it was off to the kö...

the fragrance from the series, which was previously identified as predestined and which is still completely unknown to me: elysium!

numerous praises and positive reviews could not have been completely wrong. but as we all know there is often a young van damme between the personal preferences and those of others, who has to be discovered or overcome.

so what a blessing that beauty affairs has an extremely friendly owner who has made it his business to supply addicted perfume hearts with all kinds of specialities. and what a wonderful shop - small but so ohooooo - carefully selected treasures of niches are waiting there patiently and finely sorted for you to discover them. you were welcomed very warmly and immediately felt that you were dealing with an experienced and knowledgeable contact person.

and indeed - there it was - a very nicely draped row of the whole collection by mr. richard hardcastle. his elegant grip on the bluish-gold piece of jewellery and seamlessly merging into it, generously executed spraying strokes followed by the handing over of test strips, which was hoped for and actually already foreseeable.

my quite fresh and still relatively unencumbered olfactory receptors celebrated a completely euphoric spontaneous party shortly after their first encounter with the aforementioned fragrance. it was simply all about me! i have never encountered such a refined mixture of citrusy-fruity freshness and yet a touch of pleasant and round harmonious warmth before. these characteristics do not contradict each other here in any way - they complement each other superbly. like a cool fruit salad with a pleasing creamy whipped cream topping. the feeling that this perfumer / yes this fragrance must know me shot into my soul - too much was probably just me felt the entire target group :) one knows this selfish inner attitude of songs, films, pictures and books that inspire you timelessly.

this was my personal last unicorn including the question "where have you been?"... "fanboy - one kneels down!" was the answer command from the bottle and the readiness to do so already in the first milisecond: fantastic! the reward followed abruptly in the form of moistened wrists for the purpose of drydown melting experience for the further stay.

still a bit bewitched, my gaze wandered over the rest of the bottle row, almost a little wistful and pitiful. how could enigma, danger, scandal and vetiver have even a hint of competitiveness against the contract that had just been signed nasally? i'll make it short at this point - after all, this my very first perfume comment is about elysium... the inner management only added enigma, almost unreadably small, as an option that might become interesting at some point. let's see what the season brings... ;) my luck: as a generous thank-you for meeting me, i received the rehearsal set of the entire series and can start further test runs in peace and quiet.

mr. hardcastle then skilfully reached into his bag of tricks and actually knew how to convince with at least one more masterpiece of another provenance - but perhaps more of that in a future commentary.

it should be noted: the drydown performance also ignited - elysium developed the creamy texture I had already sensed before and the bottle has been conjuring a broad grin on my face every time since then. it's hard for me to find alternatives within my still quite young collection - but every now and then I force myself to do so in order to counteract a probably minimal danger of satiety.

now all that remains is almost fear of meeting the pure perfume creations of roja doves one day... :) see how much longer I can run away or stay steadfast..
ps: yes yes - this almost everywhere to be observed and obligatory aventus comparison forget it - these are and will remain two completely independent fragrances, each of which deserves its individual attention. nuff said... ;)
9.0/10

JacSi9
From scandal to smell nice
Elysium Cologne is a Roja for the masses, I have read. Certainly written by a very hopeful person. I too would like to live in a world where the masses lived in such butter-soft comfort that they would spend 270 euros on a perfume. Respect therefore to the social critical statement. And a true core is actually resonating: It is a fragrance that is well received. For many here the epitome of the lack of quality. But I realized in a clear moonlit night for me that I have no problem with it, if my presence does not empty whole subway cars (yes, I ride the subway, just delete my account). And if the ingratiation smells as qualitative and deep as it does here - then I like to be the crowd.

First of all, you should know that I am not a friend of Freshies, and certainly not of Roja Dove. Luxury for luxury's sake. Not organically out of itself, but imposed by great stories, glittering flacons and astronomical prices, which only half of the masses can afford. But still: Instead of artificial scarcity, Roja lives productivity and brings new fragrances onto the market every hour. I admit, I wanted to be part of the elite. But only Elysium could win my heart. As part of the mass, I must now break a lance for this fragrance.

I'm not really the type to wear black afgano to sports. Maybe in 10 years, but for now I'll have to be content with my present tender disposition. My first fragrance love was and is Green Irish Tweed by Creed. A green-fresh and creamy all-rounder. But even in the evergreen segment, variety does not hurt. Elysium Cologne didn't immediately cast a spell over me, but when it did, the magic came with uncompromising consistency. There was no lengthy discussion. In a few months, I've breathed half of the bottle away. My lungs are definitely fine. Thanks for asking.

Here, the freshness theme is clearly and distinctly touched upon, but not completely carried through in the classical sense. For me, a particularly creamy melt makes the difference. An enamel with depth and implied darkness. All very close together. The scents make sense, but wouldn't have been clear individually, although I am of course maximally talented (the one in Aventus is pineapple, you amateurs). I mean, to smell out benzene and vanilla in the background. At least the citric freshness with dimmed acidity lies on a warm, very broad base bed. As the fragrance evolves, it becomes drier, woodier and retains its elegant character, which is as appropriate for leisure as it is for formal stories.

With Bleu de Chanel and Sauvage I get a headache - not my case at all. Here the sweetness has a pleasantly warm counterbalance and the fragrances make a natural impression. On durability: Lost my stopwatch in 2006. But I can reveal so much that the scent lasts very well, even several hours after spraying I was asked about the Roja. And there we come to the next point: The people love this shit. Whether on dates or in the work environment, Elysium Cologne has shown me truly faithful compliment getter services from the reactions at the massapealing level. Comes in good, lasts, smells good, you can buy it. If you're part of the masses. Because as a perfume connoisseur you should definitely not lower yourself to 270 euros. Dignity implodes. I was torn too. The lack of security then brought me the compliments. In the meantime I really like to wear the scent. It's lucky that he happens to be really good. Sometimes everything just fits together. Even if the person next to me doesn't flinch. Learned something again.
9.0 7.0 6.0 8.5/10

Norleans
Shut up an take my money!!! (part 3)
First of all, it should be said that the bottling of this water was one of the first bottlings that I had obtained at the beginning of my religious affiliation, uh... I had my Parfumo membership. I think one of the reasons for this was the incredibly high price for a bottle, which triggered the "Will-Haben-Reflex" in me. Will Haben was a 17th century English economist who became sadly famous for his unnecessary spending, which regularly sparked conflicts with his wife, Duchesse McMecker of Whizzlshizzl. His most famous quote is "Shut up and take my money!"

Meanwhile I know that it is quite possible to spend a tiny bit more on perfume. But the high price also kept me from buying a bottle after using up my 5ml bottle, so I ordered my dear Supernova from Dua Fragrances and hoped that I would like it just as much. I was surprised how close the supernova came to the Elysium. But after a while of wearing it, I lacked the depth and also the vivacity of this exceptional fragrance Elysium. Somehow he was too dull. That's why Supernova left me again. Recently I came across a reasonable offer here and let the bottle trap snap shut!

Elysium is not a fragrance you would call a unique panty dropper/ compliment getter/ Sillage monster (did I forget something?). For me, Elysium is the fresh fragrance with the special something. But what exactly is the "something"? The scents are so varied that I couldn't really name any of the individual components. What I perceive from the base note is a certain peanut aroma, yes, really. Sure, my nose is wrong, but I smell something like that. Not that I want to smell of peanut, but it's there and it's good, it gives Elysium a depth that many freshies lack. This depth makes Elysium special to me. Admittedly, the durability could be a little better, but the price could be a little lower. Well, but nobody is perfect :-)

Every once in a while you read that Elysium is going towards Aventus. I don't want to say no to that. The direction is similar, but Aventus is a bit more subtle, a bit more "ordinary" (sorry!). Elysium is a little more distinguished, not so loud and warmer in its freshness. Elysium's recognition value is immensely high if you ever smell it on someone else. Those who are not afraid of the issue will have a really fine fabric here that can be worn in any situation. Seasonally I wouldn't make any restrictions here either.

Thanks for reading

10.0 6.0 7.0 6.5/10

ErhanSaceros
The complex scent pyramid and the simple scent experience
My first, tested Roja simply had to be this one, because I'm still looking for the ideal summer scent and because blue flacons are simply the most beautiful for me. Comments, statements, fragrances and the reputation of this brand were promising. Nevertheless, I always kept my expectations low in order to avoid great disappointments. But you saw it coming: I was disappointed.

There are grapefruits which I either classify only citrically or only fruity. Elysium starts with a bitter, but authentic and pleasant note of grapefruit, which is both citrus and fruity and which stands out a little from the other fruits. For me, the whole thing is also beautifully Mediterranean, without the need for green, spicy or even maritime notes. One also notices a kind of wateriness in the scent: freshly cut fruits in a glass carafe filled with water. But here you can already see that the whole thing is only supported by a simple, clean and woody base. Surprisingly simple when you look at the fragrance pyramid. The fragrance is also transparent: it has hardly any weight or intensity. Yet he radiates well without disturbing. One notices because of the transparency and simplicity that not much is to be expected anymore.

After the opening, the scent character of the top note remains to a large extent, without any of the heart note coming to light. But now a kind of "old people smell" is added. This ruins my mediterranean feeling and of course I mark the scent as "for older" from here on. In addition, there is also a transparent, metallic odour. Not the kind of sweaty, glowing, biting, tangible metal stench, but more like the released scent of metal shelves in a supermarket? In any case more pleasant than many other metallic notes. Still, the whole thing doesn't add up for me either. A little later the fruits also become slightly acidic.

And then came the predictable base note, the simplicity of which one could already guess in the top note: woody-clean-musky; thin-transparent.

Well, that's all.

Gentleman? Aventus? Office scent? High-class? Best summer scent? No, I'm afraid I have to disagree. I think the scent is "just" nice. An independent, cosy Sunday scent for the summer. Simply knitted and portable (despite muff and metal). It is not a revelation or a highly complex matter. There is a lack of depth, a strong character and something special. He can only give me a light smile at best. But fortunately, no nervous breakdown. :)
9.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

TRehf
Another modern gentleman in a blue bottle
Background story:

I have to admit, I'm a fan of those modern classic gentlemanly scents in blue bottles that were released since 2010, starting with Bleu de Chanel followed by Dior Sauvage, Versace Dylan Blue and so on... Although they share similarities - in the end - all of them stand on their own feet and became very successful scents, due to their mass-appeal and modern scent character.
With those thoughts and some notes of Elysium in my mind from previous online research, I sat on my chair on an Emirates flight to Dubai where I browsed the on-bord-shopping magazin.
I discovered the following offer: 100ml + 7,5ml travel atomizer Elysium for ca. 850AED (= 210€ = 230$). "Nice Deal", I thought to myself, "what a pity I haven't tried it before. If I'd liked it, I would buy it now".
While I was watching a movie from the inflight entertainment, adverterising scrolled through the screen "20% off inflight shopping, today online". I thought it was a sign, so I blind bought 107,5ml Elysium for 180€ in 36000ft height.
Arriving at the hotel, of course the first thing i had to do was checking my new fragrance...

Things about Elysium that come in my mind:
- citrusy, fruity, woody, masculin-gentlemanly yet modern, refined, complex yet easy to wear
- Can be worn in all seasons but preferred in spring and summer
- 5 sprays on average, 7 max.
- for professional and casual wear
- is in the same genre like the other fragrances mentioned before but not redundant to any of them. Smell ist much more refined, complex and natural to me. As some other reviewers mentioned before, I do see the most similarities with CREED Aventus as well but even in direct comparison, they are not sharing the same scent character but the same vibe.

Scent:
- starts bright and citrusy, very natural and complex
- after 1,5h citrus opening tones down and vetiver-woody notes become dominant
- some fruity notes (apple + blackcurrant) are detectably for the whole lifetime
- comparisons to Aventus might come from the ambergris + blackcurrent note, which are not overly dominent but clearly perceptible

Subjective rating: 9
I just love the complexity of this scent combined with its easy-to-wear character.

Objective rating: 8,5
I do think that it is very hard to dislike to the average person. I think most dislikes will come because it doesn't have enough niche character to justify the pricetag. But I got it in a very good deal and it is still cheaper than most Roja parfums.

Longevity:
It scratches the 7h mark on my skin, which is really good for a fresh scent. The much more expensive Parfum version of Elysium might last even longer but isn't worth it in my opinion.

rating: 8.5

Sillage:
The scent is not overly shouting but sillage is there for 2,5...3h. The scent leaves a nice trail behind you during that time.

rating: 7

Bottle/packaging:
The packaging is not on the same level like by Kilian. But Elysium comes in a very solid box with a sliding case. The bottle itself looks gorgeous.

rating: 9
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

TillAlex
The gentleman and his young brother
So, now I'll try my first comment.
As you might guess from the headline, I would like to venture a comparison between the Supernova and the Elysium Parfum Cologne and share my impressions with you.
But enough talk.
This morning I sprayed the elysium and the supernova on the back of my hand and was directly curious, slightly addicted, hung alternately on my two hands.

The Elysium starts less citric than the Supernova, it looks much rounder and softer. In the citric and green notes, the SN appears somewhat more artificial and sharper than the Elysium.
After 20 minutes the Elysium becomes juicier and the berries join in, the SN remains very true to its fragrance. Here it comes for me to no development.
After 4 hours the Elysium is noticeably weaker and appears enormously creamy, vanilla and slightly fresh The SN has lost some of the slightly artificial citric and now looks much rounder than at the beginning and has on me a much stronger performance compared to the Elysium.

Conclusion: Two wonderful fragrances that have similarities but are by far not the same. The Roja appears more elegant, somewhat calmer and more balanced. The Supernova is fresher, stronger and a bit younger! I think both fragrances are great and will definitely like to wear them both.
The Supernova rather casual in the spare time and the Roja with pleasure sometimes for a nice evening.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

This is Roja not Creed Aventus
I loved Aventus for years. There was nothing to compare with untill this Elysium was launched.
It is almost similar, but there is difference. I like the opening of Elysium more. More fruity and sweet. But projection and longevity of Aventus is slightly better I Think.
After all, it is worth the price and I love it
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Exaltatus
What to describe when you miss the words - is actually indescribable...!
The place known as DAS Elysium is a paradisiacal, rose-decorated meadow where eternal spring reigns, and where a nectar-like potion from a source of Lethe enables eternal oblivion of all earthly suffering.

That must be what Roja Dove has said, because at the first smell, my eyes closed automatically and I forgot everything around me.
When such a wonderful moment arrives - one is arrived. Arrived in Elysium...

He managed to settle my morning war with myself. Finally no more questions:
"What am I wearing today"
...the feeling "It couldn't fit the occasion"
"he'll hold until I've met all the appointments"
These questions have all been answered within a fraction of a second.

I perceive the fruits you carry within you.
But also the leather and ambergris do their work excellently.
The work and the fine nose of the master, Roja Dove personally, are reflected in this delight and it does not get boring at all.

Je t'aime parce que je me suis capable de voir en toi les choses que les autres ignoraient. Le monde devient merveilleux, quand je suis avec toi.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

ReenM
Actually he should have been called Flashback, even if he smells different...
Many of us have it in our heads over and over again. "How about we find the scent that'll never let us go?" A perfume that accompanies you at all times and never gets boring. Some say that they don't want that at all because they love variety, others because they have simply given up the search already and still others that they have arrived long ago.

I have also been working intensively with perfumes for about 10 years and have been following many "noteworthy" new releases in both the designer and niche sectors. I often wonder what I'm looking for. Is it the urge for new and completely unknown discoveries? Or is it the special search for fragrances that have been stored deep in memory? Maybe it's just both. I can't say why, but sometimes I've stored odours in my head whose nuances I can't express verbally, but which simply can't get out of my head. So I had this for example since my youth with a smell of fresh shaving foam. When I think back to my childhood, I always get this pleasant scent of shaving foam in the morning, which my dad conjured up with a little water and a brush in the bowl. Also the search for the special shaving cream did not help me some years later, because the fragrance was probably reformulated. It sounds 1000-fold repeated but when I tested Aventus 2010 for the first time in an unsuspecting perfumery, I was shocked. That was exactly the shaving cream smell I was looking for so long and never found in a perfume. Meanwhile you can smell it on every corner and that doesn't bother me any more but the enthusiasm has unfortunately diminished.

When I went to my favourite perfumery about a month ago to pick up the Layton Exclusif - a fantastic fragrance - I got a small bottle of Elysium PC. Often I am a little afraid to test a bottling directly when buying a new one because this often leads to a never-ending buying spiral but there is worse. After the first spraying I already noticed that it is a very natural fragrance, which with its citrus-fresh opening provides a pure cooling on warmer days. The fragrance did not undergo a great transformation for me either, it only becomes a little drier with time and expands with gentle wood and resin tones, but always remains fresh and cooling light. Also the durability is very good with me, although the complete opposite to my previously mentioned new purchase, because Elysium always remains discreet and close to the wearer. Nevertheless, the environment seems to perceive him very well, I have worn it after 3 weeks (so you know how the Roja went out here for me), again and again compliments. But there are many citrus-fresh fragrances with woody and dry undertones. This one has again complained to me about a flashback, as I tried to sketch it above. This time it wasn't about shaving cream...

I sometimes only notice whether I really like a fragrance when the level in the bottle is important to me. Often I have fragrances where I like to overdose a little bit to at least see some consumption in the bottle, because I don't know what to do with all the contents. Some bottles, on the other hand, seem to empty very quickly. That's how I feel about Elysium, I'm afraid. I've always looked sadly through this beautiful blue to see that the content was dwindling much too fast.

I'm looking forward to sharing my next discovery with you.

See you soon dear community...
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Integral
Biting iron is not difficult
Together with their customers, Roja's fragrances are very interesting. I find this one especially striking.

A mixture of various fruits paired with strange scents of the manageable kind, such as cedar wood, or musk characterize this fragrance. The drive is mainly of citric shape. A musk tries to join the citrus orgy. The picture of a farmer catching the good air on the Ertnewiese. For me a déjà-vu on a summer holiday, where I ordered a lemon juice based cocktail with lime as decoration at the beach bar. It doesn't take long for this composition to feel overshadowed by the sweeter components, such as apple and vanilla. Suddenly there are two Old Waiter on the table. The cedar wood and vetiver give a slightly green-woody chord, which gives the previous development a slightly angular coating. In the downforce I fear the musk again. Now with a strong offset to the previous one. A small, very well made synthetic hides itself linearly behind the main spectacle and stacks up to the stop.

Basically I perceive Elysium as citric, woody and fruity. In this case this fits very well to high temperatures.
A well thought out fragrance that belongs to the Rojas family without any major shortcomings. All those who grind their knives dry can make use of a scent like Elysium One. This is also promised by the bottle with its insolent appearance.
10.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Mntbubblegum
I am not a man of many words
mMn are Elysium and Aventus brothers, not twins but very different brothers in character, who nevertheless have the same DNA.
If Aventus is more the daredevil ("Badboy") brother, Elysium is the beauty of both.
Elysium comes fresher and more lively but also lighter than Aventus.
There's nothing more to say about the scent. Nothing new and nothing moving just a reinterpretation of an existing fragrance.

Is it a good scent? Definitely
Is the fragrance worth its price?: Definitely not
Is Aventus worth its price?: Of course, not even
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Finely tuned fragrance water
A scent created for a man who needs no help in reaching his Elysium - this is the advertising message from master Roja himself. He has never lacked pithy sayings. And most of the time, I don't like those plaster tusks. Here, however, I must admit: There is nothing to add to this slogan. Elysium is a fragrance for people who don't have to prove themselves anymore (Yes I know, stupid saying, because every one of us wants to/can/has to prove something new every day auf´s).
Who does Elysium suit? To relax types who have found their position in life.
When does Elysium fit? Practically always. The morning after sports. At work. Dinner in the evening. And yes, Elysium is wearable at the club, too. A (I apologize to Leimbacher for the theft of words) "always-goer". But at a proud price. Justified? Even if there are supposedly already 100 other fruity scents: Nobody is as fine, as perfectly composed and as elegant as this one. And so everyone must decide for himself whether this exclusivity is worth the price. At least I haven't regretted the purchase for a moment.
7.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Go for a test with insane scents!
Soo, here I describe a Roja scent. A brand that I would like to test more often, but somehow I stand out too much if I always go to the one store where these fragrances are, as Roja is not easy to find in every perfume shop around the corner. The same applies to many other fragrances as well, such as Xerjoff, Clive Christian, Stéphane H. Lucas etc...

But I do meet regularly with one of your kind, a lunatic, um... I meant a perfume. Yes... of an insane perfuma, or insanely freaky perfume, that always comes with an extremely long list of scents she would like to sniff (and whose handwriting is apparently not identifiable without a coding machine :D). Why she's a freak? Isn't the mention of the long list of fragrances already enough for you? No, because I'm sure you all have something like that during testing! And when I tell you that she looked at me disappointed when I told her that I won't be publishing any more daily commissions for 2-3 weeks, because I would go on vacation?
If I tell you something like that, you MUST say on ANY occasion that you will be disappointed that you will not hear from me for so long, which will give me the feeling that I really like being read here! Yeah, yeah, that's what it looks like! Love me for fuck's sake!! :DD *sigh*

But one good thing that she drags me everywhere has the whole thing already: Exactly why I come from time to time also to test and comment such smells as Elysium here... quite apart from the fact that I am also allowed to sniff at my snoop company! :DD Hmm.... maybe I shouldn't have written this out loud, should I? Well, if you don't hear from me the next days, then I'm not already on vacation, no, then she has beaten me a little too hard DD

The Scent:
The fragrance begins wonderfully citric with a deliciously tangy grapefruit. Only a little later you can smell a little lavender, some apple (well, you have to smell a little more) but above all thyme, whose herbaceous scent goes wonderfully with fresh grapefruit. I also feel a little creamy, but I can't determine exactly where this creamy note comes from.
A little later, currants are added, the scent becomes slightly more powdery and thus also softer. I also smell pink pepper and a little musk, which gives the fragrance some sweetness.
A little later the fresh herbaceous notes become a little weaker and the fragrance becomes increasingly spicier, not very strong, but still clearly perceptible. I then smell a fragrance that reminds me of oud, but over time this oudy fragrance becomes clearer and clearer and turns out to be a mix of juniper and other woods as well as leather.
In the base you can still smell fresh citrus notes (of course only very lightly), a little bit sweet scents of musk, but mainly juniper and then leather (which fades away at some point and you can almost smell only juniper). The benzoin probably ensures a generally gentle perception of the fragrance, so that the fragrance always appears warm and gentle in addition to its freshness, and the small powdery note in the background additionally enhances this perception. A beautiful scent.

Sillage and durability:
The Sillage is Roja-like strong, but seems to belong to the less powerful Rojas. The top note is in any case well smellable, the heart note one perceives less, the basis becomes better then again, since the woods radiate well.
Durability is as usual good with over ten hours!

The flacon:
The bottle is rectangular and dark blue. On the front you can see the name and brand as well as a logo in golden writing. The lid has the shape of all Roja bottles, but no Swarovski stones have been embedded here. To be honest, I find the bottle a bit disappointing, at least if you simply like the usual Roja bottles more. Of course, this bottle is also high quality and also very nice to look at, but I personally just like the more massive bottles a little better.

Oh, I really liked this scent here. Just the beginning has to offer madly mad mad, citric fresh notes, if one stands on citric smells. In addition, there are herbaceous and tart scents, which I find very suitable with summer scents, especially with citric notes, because these simply harmonize so beautifully with each other. The middle part is then clearly spicier, which brings somehow also a nice change. And the later base is like a mix of the top note (because you can smell light citric notes again) and the middle part. It is still spicy later, but then in a more gentle way.

The fragrance may now appear springlike and summery for the most part, but its spicy notes make it also work well in autumn, so that I could actually describe the fragrance as an all-rounder. You could use it well during the day or in your free time, probably also for going out, but more so for eating or so, at least not for partying, but there the tastes are always different anyway. There are madmen who would probably use really fierce coriander ylang-ylang cardamom spice bombs in a techno party or something like this :DD

Be that as it may, the fragrance is worth a test!
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Between fruit baskets and ChickenWings
What is there actually draped around the bottle, on this fruity photo? Grapefruit, lime and ChickenWings? Or rather dried pig ears? I wouldn't want to rule anything out since I joined Parfumo. Well, it's more like ambergris... A(m)bra-kadabra, let's go:

Elysium opens with an overflowing, slightly overdrawn fruit basket. Predominantly with acidic and fleshy equipment, paired with a trace of lavender.
Clear, white floral chords join the fruit basket. Full and fleshy flowers that squeeze into citrus fruits and 4 lychees. You really have to concentrate and need several attempts to grab this Roja-typical armada with different scents. Is it still flowering or are the fruits already overripe?

Keep in mind the lavender branch, which tries in vain to maintain the balance in the fruit basket. He manages it at least in so far that the memory of a modern-classical scent concept could be guessed, if one would want then.
You shouldn't leave a fruit basket in the blazing sun too long, that's also the case with Elysium Parfum Cologne.
A soft, somewhat synthetic leather chord with a distinct vetiver recently slides towards the fruit basket from behind. He wants to rush to the aid of the poor lavender and save him from the pulp mess. At least that was his plan in the beginning, because our herbaceous friend Vetiver is chatting himself up with the pretty citrus fruits and calls Mr. Amber. Unfortunately, the Vetiver makes itself quite penetrating to the fruit basket. On hot days, we also love to demonstrate the herbaceous chest hair without tops Lavender, on the other hand, is left to itself and is hopelessly lost. What remains for me is an earthy-sweet-warm Vetiver fruittaura, which I can't make friends with in the medium term.

Musk is only effective in the form of Roja's personal red Persian carpet flanged under the basket... does not freshen up the fragrance. Juniper berries normally look for other company, but do not have the big choice and sit only astonished and confused in the corner due to lack of space. For me, the Elysium PC is not a typical summer scent, even when it comes to fruit. As mentioned above, I feel the fruit in this fragrance concentration somewhat overdrawn and the vetiver also too accentuated.

When we talk about citric, fruity, tangy and juicy colognes, I think of the opening of Bigarade Concentrée by Jean-Claude Ellena. Elysium doesn't come anywhere near here, but he may not even want to. Roja-untypical is tried to go a middle way to open up a broader niche with this beautiful bottle and corresponding marketing measures.
After approx. 1h the whole thing calms down and appears more sorted. The shelf life is somewhere around 6h with moderate charisma.

When the bottle arrived at my place, I had to find out that it had torn the cheaply glued inner lining of the outer packaging out of its hinges due to its own weight. If this happens, it has the nasty side effect that the complete box mufft after health-endangering 2-component adhesive. Also a way to get your eyes open. Just take a look under the hood when buying a car. The "Blitzblank" bottle is extremely susceptible to scratches and any attempt to polish this barrel to a high gloss makes the whole dilemma even worse. I wouldn't even like to say that the 1st generation gorilla glass! hear, hear!

What do we learn from history? The flanker does not like potent vetiver in connection with amber and fruit citrus notes.
I think the perfume cologne is "too much of some good things". The result: an earthy-sweet-fruity-warm nasal punch in Parfum Cologne concentration.
I have my own theory on the question of who creates Roja fragrances. It is a Sharepoint-based fragrance workflow, where every perfumer at Roja including Jean Pütz and Urban Priol can add as many ingredients as he likes...until the warehouse is empty.

Credits:
The regionally known Creed has absolutely nothing in common with both Elysium fragrance concentrations! Guys, guys... The juice is not ubiquitous! What, so Asterix... Never mind.
10.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Timekeeper
The most ingenious summer fragrance I know!
I bought this fragrance because of the comments and statements written here.

So: I was very skeptical before ordering - Elysium Parfum Cologne is rather cheap for a Roja,
270 Euro for 100 ml. Other people who have already tested this fragrance expressed themselves: The Cologne is not a comparison to the EdP, who knows the Edp - he doesn't want to know about the Cologne!

After I finally got the scent, I could test it extensively :)

Elysium starts very citric, in the beginning I notice the lemon, bergamot and the grapefruit very strongly. The latter does a LOT job - later I add something flowery (very light) and the Johanni berry -
The base notes make the whole thing round for me and I can say that this fragrance is a true experience. For me this fragrance is very complex, many say exactly the opposite, but it is difficult to describe this fragrance, because it always causes surprises: You think that it was with the development, but then a completely different fragrance comes through again, just GENIAL!

This fragrance has a strong resemblance to Aventus, but for me it is from the fragrance rather Mazzolari's Nero - A comparison of these fragrances with the Elysium is not possible for me, because he is simply different, let's call him it: the QUINTESSENCE , I am also so free and claim Elysium Cologne is the more beautiful fragrance - compared to the current Aventus.

The Sillage is in the first 2-3 hours strong and well perceptible, on the skin it holds with me approx. 7-8 hrs.
The concentration here is not an EdC either, but this one has a higher concentration. So don't let the name fool you.

I would wear this masterpiece only in summer, because it is the most beautiful at this time :)
My new summer signature.

I don't have a comparison to Elysium EdP. Since I like the perfume Cologne so much, the EdP will also have to move in with me.

Another reason for buying was the bottle for me, for me the most beautiful and perfect bottle I know, the spray head is also great, but was no different to expect :)

Unfortunately the bottle has slight scratches, I don't know if that's normal because it's hand polished - or if it's a mistake.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Upper Class Aventus
Elysium Parfum Cologne is the perfect solution for all those for whom Aventus by Creed was too cheap or not exclusive enough so far or who finally want to afford a Roja Dove fragrance at an "entry-level price".

Halt no - Error in thinking! The one with the relatively cheap price (approx. 270 € for 100 ml) for a Roja Dove fragrance is correct, but related to the quantity one is not necessarily cheaper with the original Aventus Eau de Parfum from Creed (approx. 185 € for 50 ml).

Sparfüchse and Roja Dove Fanboys will probably prefer Elysium Cologne - everyone else will prefer the original. Or the brand is a schnurzpiepegal and can also warm up with one of the many cheaper twin fragrances.

And I'd like to say that this Elysium Parfum Cologne is already damn full. In the first seconds the citric-fruity top note almost seems to explode - the projection is just too powerful. This is also where the difference to Aventus can be found, because Elysium offers more of the citric-bergamot freshness that is not untypical for Roja Dove. Pineapple could actually be missing, but I have the impression that there is still some ambroxan in the recipe. And does anyone else know the good old horizon of Guy Laroche? At that time it was also kept in blue and had an ethereal-spherical freshness, which I think I can sniff again in small doses.

A 1:1 copy is definitely out of the question, but I can well imagine that Roja Dove wanted to offer a fast niche hit for the young-at-heart clientele - which also olfactorily fits his portfolio seamlessly.
So he probably said to himself, "I have to make it myself ... let".
I wouldn't be surprised if a women's version was released with the same recipe to appeal to this target group as well.

Personally, I like Elysium because of its absolutely positive charisma and it is a convincing summer cologne in a class of its own.

Roja Parfums Elysium Review On YouTube
This is my Roja Parfums Elysium Review. My Elysium Pour Homme by Roja Parfums Fragrance Review. This was an unexpected delight of a fragrance from Roja Parfums. Not typically the style of fragrance I would expect from this luxury niche brand, Roja Parfum but it really works. What we have here with Roja Parfums Elysium Pour Homme Parfum Cologne is a crowd pleaser and a compliment getter. This is an ultra classy, masculine fragrance and very easy to wear but still very complex with lots of great notes. It's a very modern fougere. Please watch my review for more info about Elysium Pour Homme Parfum Cologne.

Pepdal 15 months ago
This is just ok, but I struggle to see why I would ever spend the money on a bottle of this over something like Bleu De Chanel.+1
5.0
3.0
5.0
5.5

by Zirkon
by Zirkon
roja elysium : “...wo bist du gewesen?” ;)
by Felsn
by MichaelS2019
by Materijalmen
by Materijalmen

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Musk Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja Haute Luxe by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Danger pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 1 by Roja Parfums Danger (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Taif Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber by Roja Parfums