Elysium 2017Parfum Cologne

Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums
Top 17 in Men's Perfume
Elysium (Parfum Cologne) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lavender, Thyme, Artemisia, Musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, May rose, Grasse jasmine, Apple, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Pink pepper, Cypriol, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Juniper berry, Benzoin, Vanilla, Labdanum, Leather, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.11.2020.

A non musty masterpiece
I'm absolutely not a fan of Roja's perfumes. I've tried to make friends with his fragrances many times. I have tried to feel his sense of luxury in his fragrances and to be part of it. But each time failed miserably. I smelled a lot of his fragrances and often looked astounded and asked myself "you pay so much money for that?"
Stale, stale and overpriced. It's just something that comes to mind when I think of Roja's perfumes.
But there is one absolute exception. With "Elysium", the master has created a timeless icon, a masterpiece in the world of perfume. I am not a professional that I can describe the fragrances in detail. I can only say that the Elysium is different from almost all of his previous creations. The Elysium is fresh, modern, fruity and of high quality. You can already feel with the 1st sprayer that this is not a 08/15 fresh fragrance but a mixture of high quality ingredients, cleverly selected and harmoniously combined. Simply said it smells of quality.

Conclusion:
In my opinion one of the best quality fresh fragrances in the perfume world. With the version "Parfum Cologne" (whatever that is supposed to be) also something for the "narrower purses". H/S like most fresh scents, if at all average.
If you like the Aventus super, Elysium can inspire you

Citrus blue
Well again I have to row against the current with a perfume of red Dove. Elysium looks to me like an expensive version of Dior sauvage with some element that also reminds me of Polo blue. It does not smell bad, although as in general this is not my type of scent it is a very subjective opinion, but again I find a performance problem in the perfumes of this brand. My skin does not exceed 2h, h is not a matter of hydration, or at least not only that, since other perfumes from other brands, such as Francesca bianchi for example, last forever. I think red dove is simply not for me because I have tried 5 and there have been 5 disappointments ... 5 perfumes 5 chofs ...

Scent: 7.5
Longevity: 7.5
Projection: 6
Value for money: 4
Versatility: 9
Originality: 5
Global: 7
My new love...
We had a difficult start, but neither side could help it.

I received my first sample a few months ago. Conclusion at that time: Scent was extremely watery or hardly perceptible, so the disappointment was accordingly large. I also could not understand the positive comments/evaluations here, as the scent smelled like nothing. I thought to myself: Okay, it should simply be an extremely light scent, since it is a cologne version and my nose can't perceive it more intensively. The Elysium theme was then also superfluous for me for the time being.

Since I love fresh scents and was still looking for the perfect freshness, I came across this scent again after a while. I researched for a long time, pulled in countless sources (comments/statements/videos) and ordered a second sample. I wanted to convince myself that it wasn't me, but Elysium, that this sobering result came after our first encounter.

I was a bit tense, but had no great expectations and sprayed the second sample on my wrist. This can't be the same scent?!?

A fresh-citric-fruity scent explosion. Indescribably beautiful. In that moment I knew that I had found my perfect freshness
At the beginning I notice the grapefruit and the juniper berry. It reminds me of a refreshing gin cocktail. The fragrance remains fresh-fruity, light, transparent and never too intrusive. After 1-2 hours, the amber and woody notes join in, but the fragrance never loses its fresh-fruity lightness until the end (after about 7 hours).

Conclusio: I have found my new favourite scent, which will surely accompany me for a long time.
If you ever receive a scent sample that is hardly noticeable, try a second sample. If I had not tried the second try, I would have missed this wonderful scent.
You decide!
Anyone who loves grapefruit, wants to smell it as authentically as possible and also has a little too much money in their bank account will not be able to avoid two fragrances. I'm talking about "Elysium", the variant as cologne of course - not quite as price-intensive as some other products from the same company, but still painful enough for the account. I'm also talking about "A Midsummer Dream". Please keep in mind that financially, there is even more to it than that. But well ... we're not just talking about money here.

Those who love the Midsummer Night's Dream will also love "Elysium". Both captivate with a wonderfully authentic, beautifully tangy grapefruit. Midsummer Night's Dream complements those with floral components in the form of orange blossom as well as with rounding green notes. However, if you don't like orange blossom - and there are many - and prefer a more transparent, easier-to-wear fragrance instead, take a closer look at the "Elysium" in the blue bottle. Its grapefruit remains omnipresent throughout the fragrance, and after only a short time is underlaid with a berry-metallic, rather cool note, probably due to the currant, which makes a frosted impression on me. If you let a little more time pass and enjoy this cologne, which is not at all weak on the chest, soft cedar wood additionally flatters the nose, which immediately reminds me of a pencil. That was it with the scent, which for me captivates with three notes.

Sparkling tangy grapefruit, underlaid with a metallic foundation and subtle pencil notes versus sparkling tangy grapefruit, underlaid with slightly sweet orange blossom and small green tips? The decision is up to you and possibly your wallet. Happy testing!
The Citrus King
Smells like a sublime, royal lemon note - yes, that's how I would describe it. If you test the smell directly after the spray, it is pungent at first; this is due to the citrus note and the feeling subsides after a few seconds. The scent has a very special character and without having a useful comparison I have the feeling to recognize it among 1000 scents. Very expensive, but still worth a smell test.
"Island of the Blessed" - or - Thoughts of the Grapefruit Part III
Elysium originally comes from Latin and means translated "Island of the Blessed". A person can be called blessed if he or she participates in the heavenly joys and lives in complete fulfillment already during his or her lifetime. Now one has to ask oneself how all this information allows a reference to the above perfume? Furthermore, it is important to find out what is so special about this grapefruit that the 3rd part of my journey "Thoughts on the Grapefruit" is dedicated to it.

Of the beatitude:
Here, a fragrance has been pressed into a bottle - truly pressed - that seems hard to beat in terms of fruitiness. We find - especially at the beginning - a quantity of sour fruits, such as the already highly praised grapefruit, joined by lemon and lime. You can certainly imagine how that smells. Acidic and tart notes waft around the nostrils and are a real pleasure, especially when it is very hot. It works, to put it in a word: refreshing! But as it progresses, the fruity engraving picks up even more speed, which may be due to the addition of apple, juniper and currant. A gentle veil of musk, ambergris and benzoin wafts beneath this fruit basket. These fragrance components, coupled with the easily perceived cedar, also ensure that the Elysium acquires a nice dry graphite note. In summary, it smells dry and fruity, tart and extremely citrusy and fresh. A connection to the "Island of the Blessed" can be made on the one hand by recording that a truly heavenly world is being created here, a true Garden of Eden, where the heaviness of time becomes meaningless. On the other hand, it should be emphasized that Elysium can certainly be classified as summery-tropical and can evoke images of beaches, palm trees and cocktails.

Thoughts on the grapefruit Part III:
Spoiler:
Part I: Sicily - Mancera
Part II: Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse

This grapefruit here, first of all, is my favourite of this triad. But this is mainly due to the complexity of the fragrance, which develops beautifully and brings out other fruit notes besides the grapefruit. It also contains my beloved graphite note, which is very popular with me and always gives me high ratings. In comparison to the above, however, it must be added that those who like to smell the grapefruit long and authentically should rather go for one of the previously described fragrances. This can be explained by the fact that the Roja grapefruit only polarizes very strongly at the beginning and then is quickly enveloped by the other fruits. If you like it quite authentic, you should therefore most likely reach for the sicily, which is grapefruit juice pure until the end. For those who find this venture too sour, reach for the scent of czarella, it is softer, more fluffy and with the tangerine note, altogether less sour. To sum up, it must be said that Elysium provides a number of scents and is more demanding on the olfactory senses than the other two fragrances.

Minus point:
I know that the durability of a fragrance is not always decisive, but for 270 Euros I expect a little bit of something in this respect. I don't want to say that it is short-lived, but in my case it only lasts for about 5-6 hours and is only perceptible to others in the first two hours. Therefore I have to count this as a minus point, because I have to spray at least once, on days when I wear it. That is why I am not yet 100% convinced that he will move in here.

Maybe you have had similar experiences? Thanks for reading it!
The name of perfection - Elysium
The second perfume Cologne by Roja which dares to get under my nose. This time a more "classic" fresh scent compared to the Enigma. But none that I expect less from. These are even a bit higher than the Enigma, because I hope that it makes more out of the given notes than others and creates a high quality balance that other fragrances don't have.

Often it is about finding the perfect balance of your own creation with fresh fragrances. The vast majority of the fresh fragrances I have tested have always had the problem that there are notes that stand out too much or destroy the overall picture. They are good scents, but not perfect ones. I only have two fragrances (also in my collection) that come close to my interpretation of perfection in freshness. One is Cipresso di Toscana with its Mediterranean freshness and cypress and the other is the well-known Acqua di Gio Profumo, where the incense note seems a bit too present.

Elysium it is.

In the first step I have to say that over the entire period of wearing the fragrance does not want to make any huge developments. It is as it is and feels comfortable exactly in this state. Pure from the first impression the fragrance is in a way a common one of its kind. It is able to play with fruit, to add spice and to round everything off with soft notes. This includes a citric-soft prelude, which is a play between different citrus fruits in a fruity-tart garment. Light wood and soft vanilla notes join in with joy.
The composition of the notes is not what makes the Elysium special, but how these notes interlock and connect.
I have seldom experienced such a great quality, such a perfect balance of all components, where no nuance was used too much. The result is already concise and yet light again, so that one could quickly condemn the fragrance as a bore. In the end, the juniper gives it a gin scent, underlined by light wood and a minimal hint of vanilla. Even people who are not familiar with gin/juniper should try this mixture and be inspired without prejudice. Really quite big cinema !

The Sillage is on a similar level as the Enigma Parfum Cologne. None that comes out of itself during normal spray head use and leaves whole swaths. I would even go so far as to say that it's better to spray this fragrance once too often than too little, otherwise you won't be able to perceive it sufficiently by yourself. This would really help the durability, because the scent on my skin (with a normal spray) is not heard for more than two hours at a slight distance. Otherwise it is a relatively skin-near scent, which definitely does not do justice to this scent. Otherwise I would only state the durability by six hours.

A fragrance that is a true dichotomy. On the one hand, it has classic components, but on the other, it is a true perfumery. On the one hand, it has partly ordinary scent chords, which on the other hand appear extremely high-quality and harmonious and characterize the fragrance. It is more than a fresh scent, because I appreciate the balance, which not many people can handle so well.

This fragrance is not just a fragrance, it is art and a great example of how standard fragrances differ from high quality niche fragrances.

In terms of price, the same applies as the paragraph in my Enigma Parfum Cologne commentary, the fragrance is very high quality and in this category with the content a price acceptable representative.

The best
This fragrance won me over from the first moment. I had never smelled something as delicious as this. It is the best citrus fragrance you can try, it has surpassed Virgin Island Water in my personal TOP which was my favorite.
Actually many people comment that the performance is weak, but on my skin this fragrance projects a lot and lasts for more than 8 hours.
Complex freshener with depth
He's complex. He's a real handful for me. Since I am not a real professional like many of you here (and the descriptions are really sensational) it is difficult for me to describe the many odour sensations. I try it. The start is what I know and love. Bergamot here in a multi-faceted combination with the tart grapefruit and lime and the appeal of herbs. But right after that follow floral notes that I usually like to fear. But well dosed they play around the still dominating freshness. And it doesn't get too sweet either. That is great! After some time the fresh notes fade into the background. But they still remain noticeably in the nose. Now there is a tangy and spicy touch with leather and wood. But with Elysium I notice for the first time that all the notes act together in harmony. Here I come back to the slight overstrain but overall I still have the realization: the fragrance was created by real professionals and leaves me as a very interested sniffer!
Simply delicious
When I smell Elysium, it just shoots me straight to a beach bar in the Caribbean Even if I wasn't true then. Emphasis on yet, this fragrance triggers an absolute wanderlust in me and at the same time a longing paired with beautiful images. No, I have not smoked anything, probably just a little bit too much Elysium The scent has reached 10 out of 10 points for me.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 months ago
Citrus and blue fragance with reminiscence of bleu by Chanel, sauvage by Dior or Polo blue. Nice but sth smelt many times before. A pass...
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
In the opening, we get a sparkling grapefruit & juniper berry scent. It's fresh, fruity, light. In the drydown, amber, musk and spicy woods.
PepdalPepdal 2 years ago
5.5
This is just ok, but I struggle to see why I would ever spend the money on a bottle of this over something like Bleu De Chanel.

by Zirkon
by Zirkon
by Fogge
by Fogge
King of summer
King of summer Pt.2
by 115jp
roja elysium : “...wo bist du gewesen?” ;)
by Felsn
roja elysium - richtet die spots auf eine eindrucksvolle & spuren hinterlassende superstar-kreation innerhalb der duftwelt. der roja weiss wie mans macht... :)
by Felsn
by Narcoperfume
by DerRobinHalt
by DerRobinHalt

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Danger pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Roja Haute Luxe by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 1 by Roja Parfums