Elysium 2017 Parfum Cologne

Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums
Top 14 in Men's Perfume
Elysium (Parfum Cologne) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

LabdanumLabdanum
LeatherLeather
AmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.09.2021.

Elysium - The Love Confession
Finally!
I have already spent countless euros on fragrances, have bought most blind because I have let myself be influenced by influencers. Have also tested many fragrances, always with one goal in mind:
To find the one perfume..

One searches for a SignatureScent, felt his life long. It always comes a perfume that you like more than the other..

Unfortunately, almost all the fragrances I have tested (and there were many) always the WOW effect away.
Then I started to deal with the brand Roja. Elysium and Enigma is what you always hear.
Have always ignored because I have seen at that time that such a Roja costs over 400 euros and as a student one has this flus not :P (and there was no PC yet)
Well out of sight out of mind.

A few years later in the year 2021 my inhibition to spend my hard earned money has dropped a lot haha and I ordered the Elysium.
It was love at first sniff.

I finally found a scent that gives me that WOW effect.
And I would even go further and say that no other perfume has ever triggered this effect on me.

I realize that this is a matter of taste, but for me it is.
A great fragrance, I like the PC more than the perfume, still have both.
Layer the often when I want to show off haha

Am glad that I finally have the fragrance and can now enjoy it.

He has even tempted me to sell many other fragrances, because he feels like "the one" fragrance.
Am just in love ;)

Unfortunately, except for Elysium, Enigma and A Midsummer Dream, all the other Rojas I have tested disappoint me. Too bad actually.

And for all of you wondering or reading this:

No it doesn't resemble Aventus and to me it's leaps and bounds better than any batch of Aventus. ;)
(OWN OPINION)
Always test all fragrances yourself and make up your own mind :)
Fenice
Great fragrance for the office
Servus, Grüezi and hello to Germany, Austria and Switzerland! Here is your Systm again!

Well, who of you still knows this greeting? Right: Bet that... :D

Systm from somewhere on the A.... of the world bets: To me, Elysium PC seems so familiar and yet completely different!

yeah, i'm really bored again! :-D

Fragrance
Elysium Parfum Cologne starts, what a surprise, citrusy! You can smell very well and clearly the lemon, bergamot and lime out, which is nice and pleasant and not pungent or toilet cleaner/cleaner like. To my surprise, the red pepper also rises shortly after spraying in the nose, in any case, it then tingles in the nose and I almost have to sneeze.

After some time, I also perceive apple, May rose and very faint blackcurrant. Hach, what a beautiful fragrance!

Again some time later I smell cedar, benzoin, vanilla and musk, with the scent remaining slightly citrusy the whole time.

Reminder
At first, Elysium PC doesn't remind me of anything I'm familiar with, and if it does, it's only minimally reminiscent of the citrusy top notes Creed uses in Virgin Island Water, for example. After some time, however, Elysium PC somehow seems familiar to me.... I had to think a bit and then it came to me: Bleu de Chanel EdP! Because of the benzoin I even have slight associations with the drydown of PDM Carlisle / XerJoff Amber Star but really only very light and short, maybe 10 minutes? Then the fragrance begins again to go in another, independent direction.

Summary
Elysium PC starts very nicely and mildly citrusy, then becomes citrusy-fruity and then citrusy-woody.

The fragrance has an interesting progression. With me, it is first independent, then it smells like Bleu de Chanel EdP, very faintly like Carlisle / Amber Star and then again independent. Yes, very slightly soapy but is that bad? NO!

Sillage / durability
Sillage and durability are mediocre. It lasts through a working day i.e. 8 hours, with the sillage and longevity noticeably decreasing hour by hour and the fragrance getting weaker and weaker. How far the fragrance radiates, I do not know, have never tested it.

@!Price / performance

I hate to say it, but P/L is more bad than good here. That's not to say the fragrance is bad, it definitely isn't! But for what the fragrance offers d. h. the durability and sillage, it is absolutely not worth the price! This is about Elysium PC and not about the perfume!

One smells here but clearly the high-quality ingredients (fragrance notes).

Final words

Elysium PC is a very nice, clean scent that fits perfectly in all seasons and is great for the office and appointments. But equally great for going out to dinner and other activities.

@!Thanks
Thanks to VintageGold for the bottling :)
God of bergamot
"Elysium", as the most beginner-friendly and still most affordable of all Rojas, is the first bottle of his brand in my collection. And I could also imagine that he remains forever, no matter how great I still find some Roja, because I'm not ready to put almost half a monthly salary in 50 ml "super juice" felt. Unless I eventually reduce my collection by 80% and switch to the motto "Only the best!" or "Quality absolutely before quantity!". But this "Elysium" just had to be already now. Why? Isn't it just a niche, simple and possibly even pompous elitist mixture of Dior's "Sauvage" and "Aventus"? Maybe. But that's not a deal-breaker or a weight on his shoulders for me. And yet, on a very high level, I am minimally disappointed. But first things first, I'll try to get my thoughts in order on this fine luxury specimen...

"Elysium (Parfum Cologne)" is reminiscent of men's bestsellers from the "clean shampoo trend lists" of the last decade. However, in such a natural and with classic, almost a little chyprigem citrus kniff that one remains the spit away and actually prohibit any comparisons. The way "Elysium" builds up and through its citrusy, sparkling and shimmering juniper berry mix is almost justifying its price. Or almost scratches that. "Elysium" is a completely authentic and self-aware evergreen, a millionaire on the tube, an olfactory angel come down to earth. Always delicious. Always juicy. Always high quality to the hilt. And the minimal leathery (!) musky drydown is transparent and simply gorgeous. Overall, "Elysium" is pretty much the perfection of its subject, there's nothing to complain about. So where does the last 10% hang in my rating or the slight "disappointment despite enthusiasm"? Hard to describe. But basically I miss the last kick, the special something, a unique selling point. To the latter, you could call its massive "high quality" and "softness". But I mean just from the notes and scents. My absolute summer favorites like "L'Humaniste" (gin) or "40 Knots" (honey) just have more character and recognition of their own in my mind, in my experience. "Elysium" is "simply" hit perfumery from the drugstore taken to the absolute extreme, in my opinion. Smooth and year-round, beautiful and soothing. Which, of course, you have to create first and is criticism at the very highest level. That it is regularly named in top lists and as a most worn favorite perfume is of zero surprise. I will certainly reach for it often and with relish. It's just too beautiful and too appealing, both to myself and to compliments, as I quickly discovered, to leave it. No matter how expensive it was.

Flacon: 5% kitsch, 95% beauty
Sillage: clearly noticeable, very natural and pleasant, actually perfect.
Longevity: 7-9 hours - great for a citrus fragrance

Conclusion: if high-end niche chums up to the mainstream?! No. And even if: "Elysium" is one of the most universally beautiful citrus fragrances and arguably the most wearable bergamot ever. Mass appeal and anti-migraine haute perfumery at its best. An illuminating appearance
Manolofuture
Very good fragrance but development somewhat disappointing
At the bottle and in the first minutes after application on the skin you smell a very nice combination of citrus, bergamot and wood and think to yourself "yes man, very successful composition" but unfortunately you then realize quite quickly that you can no longer distinguish it from Bleu de Chanel after a short time on the skin. Too bad, find him still better than BdC but the price is too high for this.
3lbows
Summery understatement in grapefruit (sic!)
Tim is a tennis player. Even at school, his parents dressed him in brand-name clothes, and that was before helicopter parenting. White and yellow Nike sweaters - they could afford to wash them every day. Of course, they also bought him a year of high school in the States. Today he works there as a doctor, has two perfectly brought-up children who in turn look forward to a promising career, drives a retro 911 for the sake of his German roots, and - still plays tennis.
Tim smells like Elysium.
Clichés - no matter how bigoted - are great for embedding scent associations. When I first sprayed on Elysium, I immediately felt transported to this scenario. A well-groomed dentist, shaved, pleasant and unassuming, a guy like Hendrik Streeck, bends over the patient on the treatment table. His head covers the operating light, the pleasant whiff of his colognes is perceptible. He's not wearing a space-filler, a la Sauvage, nor a citrus hairstyle by Chanel. No, Elysium is fruity-woody understatement at its purest. The pyramid reads like the Beijing phone book, a complex bouquet of diverse notes that can be found in one form or another in many summer fragrances, arranged by Roja Dove like a schoolmaster into a harmonious whole. In the first half, the fruity notes dominate. If I had to settle on one dominant component, it would be grapefruit, but as I said, this potpourri is too complex to reduce to one theme. In the drydown, Elysium ramps up increasingly woody facets. Together with vetiver and a hint of leather, we get the much-cited pencil shavings, which once again underscores the fragrance's claim to luxury. However, the fruitiness is never completely lost in the drydown. Taken on its own, none of its facets is new or unique, but the fragrance is so coherently composed that one has the impression that one is standing in front of a total work of art that is more than the sum of its parts. Someone here knew exactly how they wanted the end result to smell before they got to grips with the components. Kudos for that.
Elysium is by no means a fragrance just for snobs. On the contrary, the DNA is incredibly versatile - from sports to office to evening wear - everything in it, although in their impression a level higher than designer fragrances with similar intentions. A good feeling of sovereign calm, which actually should not come from a perfume, but rather from yourself. But, if it helps? Still, Elysium never plays to the fore, always remaining more aura than statement. This is precisely why, despite its price, the fragrance appeals to a wide audience. Durability and sillage are equally perfectly suited to its appearance. Never too much is rarely too little.
Many reach for alternatives like Supernova or Supernova Cologne. Although the two come very close to the fragrance experience of the Roja, especially perceived at a distance, they do not capture its soul. They are more potent - yes - but the DUAs seem rougher, more effort, and also less complex, and are - extrapolated to 100ml - no real bargains.
That leaves Higher Energy. Dior picks up the theme sensitively and also moves close to that grapefruity DNA, but is too quick on the skin to be a real alternative.
I can't comment on differences from Elysium Edp, but if Supernova is a hermaphrodite of Parfum Colognes and Parfume, then this is probably just a denser, richer version, but then it certainly loses versatility.
Who takes about 3 greens for a Parföng in the hand, one is certainly well served with Elysium. Who this fragrance does not appeal, with which I would like to play tennis.
Ultimativo
The best fragrance I know!
Sometimes I take my time and like to stop in where I can experience scents at my leisure and, if all goes well, enthusiastically take home a new scent. It wasn't supposed to work out that way on this day. The saleswoman kept asking about my preferences and tried to find fragrances exactly like the ones I have in my wardrobe for a long time. It was exasperating. She reached for Xerjoff, Parfum Du Bois, Roja and everything else that had rank and name. Suddenly her boss was standing with us, noting my extraordinary interest and at least rudimentary expertise in niche fragrances. "Are you familiar with Elysium?" "No, not until now" "Then I would like to introduce you to the fragrance herewith" What happened next I had never dreamed of before! With the first perception, the blow hit me and the purchase was sealed. No one was going to take away from me the ultra-awesome bottle with arguably the best fragrance on the planet. Beaming up to both ears I paid the 260,00 EUR and left the shop with my booty. After a few weeks of ownership, however, I would also like to mention that the opening and the associated freshness, reminiscent of the scent of a high-end leather suite in a cool architect's house, quickly fades away. A filling always lies in the 911 Turbo and I enjoy every time anew, the freshness experience.
Attractive citrus scent
I ordered a sample and it was immediately clear to me that this will be my summer scent. Attractive, fresh and somehow different from all the others. The crass thing about the fragrance is that I no longer smell him seconds after application, but all my fellow men with me on the road are talking to me about it without me telling them anything. My nose seems to have gotten used to this great scent very quickly. Unfortunately I can't compare it to the perfume, because I haven't tried it yet. But the perfume cologne gets a buy recommendation from me.
OdoremAuream
What an incredibly good scent!
After the shops have opened again in Hamburg, I am only once in the perfume department of the Alsterhaus marched to test the one or the other long remembered fragrance once live.
My first choice was Elysium as the currently probably most hyped men's perfume.
Many thanks at this point to the incredibly nice saleswoman who let me test both the cologne and the perfume on test strips and my skin extensively. Not self-evident in these price regions....

The fragrance is mainstream, but meant in a positive way. I can not imagine anyone who does not like this fragrance. At the same time, he acts unique and independent. My female companion was also immediately taken in a similar way.

Much more words I do not want to lose to the fragrance process, others have already expressed better. The comparison to the (again significantly more expensive) perfume wins the EdC easily, because it smells fresher and fruiter and the perfume simply too sweet and dull works for my sensation. Also in the base, the cologne still has the nose in front. Only - as so often with fresher fragrances - the durability is only moderate. At least in the top and heart notes. The base I could still smell 2 days later on the fragrance strip and I immediately got a "Fierce" association.

In a blind buy a few weeks ago, I had purchased Fierce Supernova by Dua, a blend of Fierce and Elysium. This (not listed here perfume) also smells wonderful and expands the familiar (old) Fierce skillfully a few facets.

To be clear, Elysium smells nothing like Fierce for the first few hours, but with the similarity of the base, I now understand why Dua mixed the two scents.

Whoever can afford it, congratulations. You are not doing anything wrong. Elysium goes always and everywhere but without being generic. A really sensationally good fragrance...
Jean-Baptiste Grenouille
My first review and I know this will seem over the top and probably grotesque to some. But this Elysium deserves it and I have the honor to review it.

My purchase from an online retailer carried a few small scent samples for good measure, including the Roja Elysium. My first spray on the back of my hand, my nose approached and....
and...
.... a miracle had happened before everyone's eyes, the Lord God Himself had fallen into the executioner's arm by revealing the angel.... Jean Baptiste waved the perfect perfume through the air on a cloth, and all fell into a frenzy of glory, unrestrainedly surrendering to this irresistible fragrance...
This was the first thought I had when I smelled this incredible Elysium. "The perfume of Patrick Süskind", the place of execution and mass orgy! Not an Aventus, not a Bleu de Chanel, no a character all its own. A pure fougère with a stunning freshness of citrus notes ( reminded me of a holiday on the Amalfi coast ), the juicy apple and blackcurrant. Plus those harmonious herbs of thyme, lavender and artemesia. Then a little later enters this intensifying musk that is addictive, accompanied by a warm cedar note, everything so perfectly balanced that even at this moment of writing gives me goosebumps with pleasure.

I am truly enchanted!
with all love...
... for Roja, but Elysium is really generic.
smells primarily of grapefruit, pretty constant. however, not even particularly fine and delicate as one is accustomed to other of his fragrances. Where is the pleasant interplay of quite a few other components.
Unfortunately, I perceive little of it or it seems to me even quite unharmonious and... I hardly dare to say it in connection with Roja... synthetic :/
the hype and the reviews are strange to me but maybe it was also at the bottling, the batch

KingPinKingPin 2 months ago
Goes exactly like this: Citrus 1 hour (great, rating 9/10) -> Aventus 2 hours (8/10) -> Haitian vetiver (too smoky, 4/10). Total: 8/10.
CnixCnix 3 months ago
not better then Aventus, but different, in a more elegant way. Performances could be better though
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Bright citrus, kinda herbal/aromatic opening. Drydown brings vanilla and juniper berries. Complex, wonderfully blended, but low performance.
RonniweRonniwe 7 months ago
Citrus fragrance, with an exquisite aroma.

Fresh and unique, great quality
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 10 months ago
Initially spicy-green citric and fresh, a rather modern juicy and fruity Fougère, balanced by a warm, yet dusty spicy earthy-woody base.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 12 months ago
Citrus and blue fragance with reminiscence of bleu by Chanel, sauvage by Dior or Polo blue. Nice but sth smelt many times before. A pass...
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
In the opening, we get a sparkling grapefruit & juniper berry scent. It's fresh, fruity, light. In the drydown, amber, musk and spicy woods.
PepdalPepdal 3 years ago
5.5
This is just ok, but I struggle to see why I would ever spend the money on a bottle of this over something like Bleu De Chanel.

by Zirkon
by Zirkon
by Fogge
by Fogge
King of summer
King of summer Pt.2
by Viseron
roja elysium : “...wo bist du gewesen?” ;)
by Felsn
roja elysium - richtet die spots auf eine eindrucksvolle & spuren hinterlassende superstar-kreation innerhalb der duftwelt. der roja weiss wie mans macht... :)
by Felsn
by MILAND98
by Toemsken
by Toemsken

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums