Elysium pour Homme (2017) Parfum

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lavender, Thyme, Artemisia, Musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, May rose, Grasse jasmine, Apple, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Pink pepper, Cypriol, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Juniper berry, Benzoin, Vanilla, Labdanum, Leather, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.11.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums, which differs in concentration.

6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Standstill
Some of you will surely have seen Avenger's endgame. I'm not a real fan myself, but for the love of my friends I came with them. Even though the film didn't tear me from my stool, something remained in my memory and when I played Elysium for the fourth time, this association shot straight through my head. Our big purple villain (Thanos I think was the name), destroys half of the earth's inhabitants and then retreats to his little hut on an unknown planet.
Surrounded by sun, flowers and peace he ekes out his existence there.
In my opinion, this is exactly where the scent starts.
After work is done, everything stops. One relaxes, finds peace. Is free of thoughts and worries and lives simply.

The fragrance is very mature. I only became aware of this after wearing it several times. Especially the beauty of the fragrance. The really fruity and tangy start - for me grapefruit, bergamot and lime - gives way to a woody basic design. Beside Pomelo Sorrento by Gritti this is one of the best fresh-fruity-citric starts I have experienced so far. In the middle part it becomes more woody and loves just that fresh one a little. The conductors are mainly apple and currants. Vetiver, Zerdernholt round off the fragrance for me and let it glide harmoniously to the end.
Durability is not exactly overwhelming for such an expensive fragrance, but one perceives it in a good 5-6 hours. I would have liked to have expected a little more here and I should have been allowed to expect more.

In my statement I praised the fragrance, but denied its individuality. I'll have to row back here in fairness. After several tests, I must definitely state that there is not a bit of "Aventus" in it. Which is a good thing. I can't even smell a Sauvage note.
This is a big one for me and could be on my shelf this summer.
It can be used in many ways anyway. He also goes out in the evenings accompanied, like at work. Gentleman-like, not playful, adult, self-confident.
Flacon is a feast for the eyes, as always...

Only the price is of course not from bad parents. But never includes in my evaluation. Who has the money and likes to wear fresh scents, is well advised here :)

And for those who want to forget everything after the work is done and want to let the time stand. He'll find happiness here.
A good Roja!! One of Roja's best for me!
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

JGourmaster
That's what bliss feels like
Elysium by Roja,
for me, the Holy Grail is unchallenged.
Elysium means "Island of the Blessed", a place where all suffering and pain belong to the past. And that's how I felt the first time I sprayed it on. It was a feeling of friends and happiness, if Roja Dove had stood in front of me in that moment I would have kneeled, or at least bowed reverently. I don't want to say so much about the fragrance itself, some things don't need analysis.
The shelf life is beyond any doubt.
For me a fragrance for the very special moments in life, I wore it to my wedding last year and whenever I smell the fragrance I have the pictures from back then in my head.
I thank Roja Dove for creating this jewel and look forward to further magical and unforgettable experiences.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Citrus nobilis inter pares
Elysium turned out to be a less complex perfume than I thought.
The perfume opens with a basket full of various citrus fruits. It is easier to detect the absent citrus notes, as verbena and orange, in addition to a less intense existing green lime. Lemon, bergamot and especially grapefruit are quite present, pleasing and ensuring a very charming freshness.
The heart is floral and fruity. In my opinion this middle notes serve more the purpose of making a connection between the front soldiers (the citrus notes) and the more woody rear troups. The bottom is quite complex, although not an example of strength and efficiency. Cedar and juniper blend well with the amber, benzoin, ambergris, leather and musk, creating a base for future woody, balsamic and somewhat sweet and animalic drydown.
The fresh side of the fragrance top is stronger than the woody bottom, and the effect is achieved without any aggressive or synthetic facets. We are clearly in the presence of high quality ingredients, guaranteeing a memory inprint of a very pleasant citrus fragrance (one of the best), but with a more "normal" drydown.
Performance is above average for a fresh scent, but I would classify the scent globally as a "medium" performer with a noble longevity for up to 8 to 9 hours, but with a more plebeian sillage of less than five feet, and a couple of hours projection (with three sprays on the back of my hand).
In my closet, and labeled as a citrus fragrance, I would arrange it near the "parking place" of Boucheron pour Homme. Are they similar? It is not really the case of having similar accords, but there is a certain "familiarity" between the two perfumes, with the more aggressive Boucheron and the softer and soothing Elysium.
A commentary on its much publicised resemblance to the Creed Aventus ... I found no resemblance at all!
Can it be considered a masterpiece? I would answer with an easy YES, but always mentioning that the price tag is by far above its real value.
Rates for this citrus-woody expensive perfume:
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:.........9,0
Scent Drydown:........7.5
Longevity:..................8.0 (above average)
Sillage:.......................7.0 (average)
Uniqueness:..............8.0
Wearability:...............8.0 (Spring + Summer nights + Fall days)
Versatility:.................8.0 (extensive for a citrus freshie)
Compliments:...........9.0 (above average for a citrusy fragrance)
Quality:......................9.5 (quality ingredients; excellent packaging and bottle sprayer)
Presentation:............9.5 (very nice although similar to all Roja Dove perfumes)
Price:..........................3.0 (Elysium Pour Homme Parfum 50 ml - £375.00)
Overall rating: 7.86/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion:
One of the best Citrus scents available but for a price.
Recomemended?
No! Do try it before you buy it, if you want to risk paying such an high amount for a citrus fragrance.

Music: Gladiator Soundtrack "Elysium"

Carlitos01 165 days ago
The perfume fresh top side is stronger than the woody bottom. The effect is achieved without any synthetic facets. A freshie for royalty!+3

by Flanker
by Maggy4u
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Danger (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Amber by Roja Parfums Enslaved (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Ti Amo by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amore Mio by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Lilac by Roja Parfums Enigma / Creation-E (Parfum) by Roja Parfums