Elysium pour Homme (2017)Parfum

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums

Top 25 in Men's Perfume
Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lavender, Thyme, Artemisia, Musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, May rose, Grasse jasmine, Apple, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Pink pepper, Cypriol, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Juniper berry, Benzoin, Vanilla, Labdanum, Leather, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.08.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums, which differs in concentration.

Parfum-Cologne - Nice meeting you
Roja fragrances, a dream not true?
I had this dream called Elysium last as Parfum-Cologne, and it was undoubtedly one of my favorite fragrances.
Well, unfortunately he had to leave, because he became a bit too fresh or ordinary for me - nevertheless a great scent.

Well, I thought I'd try the more exclusive version with this extremely beautiful bottle.

In the beginning I thought, same notes+higher concentration =same fragrance with longer shelf life and lower projection.

You thought wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A lot has already been said about the scents, which is why I won't write much about them now, but what I want to write is that the grapefruit is initially very perceptible and is wonderfully flattered by many other notes.
The fragrance loses some of its freshness from the heart note onwards, but gains more spiciness and floridity, which is mainly due to jasmine and lily of the valley. Well, but in the end it is a very large variety of individual components that appear more or less all the time.

The notes I can perceive the most are:

Grapefruit
Currant
Jasmine
Lily of the valley
Cedar.
The perfume is so much more balanced and refined than the cologne. It simply has more complexity, more sophistication, more intensity, more level, it's simply a masterpiece of fresh fruity scents.
Incredibly harmonious!

From the heart note on, or even a few minutes after spraying on, the perfume becomes significantly rounder or finer. It loses freshness, but gets more spice and warmth. It is exactly this warmth that makes it so great.

The cologne is a fresh treat that smells great but is nothing special.

The perfume, on the other hand, appears much more balanced and complex, which is why it smells more valuable and special than cologne.

For an absolute masterpiece!
Durability and projection

The shelf life is really well developed with over 10 hours.
The projection is clearly perceptible, from the 6-7 hour on he gets closer to the skin. But that varies from day to day In the end - Top!

To all Cologne owners: Try the perfume!
I know it's much more expensive, but for me it's definitely worth it!

In that sense

Roja Dove - Yesterday, today and tomorrow, your fragrances are incomparably top!
Best regards :-)
Diesero
Chlorine stinks only in combination with urine
With this great fragrance, there is really no question of stinking.

I have now experienced it more often that during rehearsals, which land on the back of my hand for the first time, the one I like most is the one I washed off of me immediately afterwards with sniffles and severe disappointment.

Roja Elysium pour Homme was one of them. At first he was too citric and smelled like Nimm2 candy.
"Nothing special" I thought and was pissed off to have ruined my nose for another Roja, at least for the next hour.

A few days later I tried it again - with the reason that even the sample was so outrageously expensive that it is now simply worn. In retrospect a very good decision
While driving I caught myself every two minutes smelling on the back of my hand and still didn't know exactly what I was doing.
In any case, the citric had gained a much greater structure and the vetiver with the pink pepper made it somehow slightly chlorine-like.

I was thinking again, "great, from candy to swimming pool"...
Admittedly, the two notes are in my head every time I smell Elysium, but in the meantime I can't live without them.

The father of a school friend explained to us at that time that chlorine is actually odorless and if we wanted it to stay that way, please let us leave the pool to use the toilet.

Probably none of us kept quietly to it - as children are like that. This fragrance reflects this lightness for me, a piece of harmless rebellion, if you like
It is an incredibly great scent, which smells so organic that I think the price is almost justified, almost.
I don't know if I'm gonna get the bottle
But considering the effect it has on me, it may well happen. The fragrance is very unique and has a personal approach to positive memories for me. Only after possessing these two attributes, a fragrance for me to buy in question.

I can recommend Roja Elysium pour Homme to anyone who is looking for a unique, non-conformist fragrance that has that certain something about it-
Standstill
Some of you will surely have seen Avenger's endgame. I'm not a real fan myself, but for the love of my friends I came with them. Even though the film didn't tear me from my stool, something remained in my memory and when I played Elysium for the fourth time, this association shot straight through my head. Our big purple villain (Thanos I think was the name), destroys half of the earth's inhabitants and then retreats to his little hut on an unknown planet.
Surrounded by sun, flowers and peace he ekes out his existence there.
In my opinion, this is exactly where the scent starts.
After work is done, everything stops. One relaxes, finds peace. Is free of thoughts and worries and lives simply.

The fragrance is very mature. I only became aware of this after wearing it several times. Especially the beauty of the fragrance. The really fruity and tangy start - for me grapefruit, bergamot and lime - gives way to a woody basic design. Beside Pomelo Sorrento by Gritti this is one of the best fresh-fruity-citric starts I have experienced so far. In the middle part it becomes more woody and loves just that fresh one a little. The conductors are mainly apple and currants. Vetiver, Zerdernholt round off the fragrance for me and let it glide harmoniously to the end.
Durability is not exactly overwhelming for such an expensive fragrance, but one perceives it in a good 5-6 hours. I would have liked to have expected a little more here and I should have been allowed to expect more.

In my statement I praised the fragrance, but denied its individuality. I'll have to row back here in fairness. After several tests, I must definitely state that there is not a bit of "Aventus" in it. Which is a good thing. I can't even smell a Sauvage note.
This is a big one for me and could be on my shelf this summer.
It can be used in many ways anyway. He also goes out in the evenings accompanied, like at work. Gentleman-like, not playful, adult, self-confident.
Flacon is a feast for the eyes, as always...

Only the price is of course not from bad parents. But never includes in my evaluation. Who has the money and likes to wear fresh scents, is well advised here :)

And for those who want to forget everything after the work is done and want to let the time stand. He'll find happiness here.
A good Roja!! One of Roja's best for me!
JGourmaster
That's what bliss feels like
Elysium by Roja,
for me, the Holy Grail is unchallenged.
Elysium means "Island of the Blessed", a place where all suffering and pain belong to the past. And that's how I felt the first time I sprayed it on. It was a feeling of friends and happiness, if Roja Dove had stood in front of me in that moment I would have kneeled, or at least bowed reverently. I don't want to say so much about the fragrance itself, some things don't need analysis.
The shelf life is beyond any doubt.
For me a fragrance for the very special moments in life, I wore it to my wedding last year and whenever I smell the fragrance I have the pictures from back then in my head.
I thank Roja Dove for creating this jewel and look forward to further magical and unforgettable experiences.

Citrus nobilis inter pares
Elysium erwies sich als weniger komplexes Parfüm, als ich dachte.
The perfume opens with a basket full of various citrus fruits. It is easier to detect the absent citrus notes, as verbena and orange, in addition to a less intense existing green lime. Lemon, bergamot and especially an aromatic bitter grapefruit, are quite present, ensuring a very charming freshness. It's one of the best citrus opening I have ever experienced.
The heart is floral and fruity and some sweetness is added to the blending. In my opinion the middle notes serve more the purpose of making a connection between the front soldiers (the citrus notes) and the more woody rear troups. The bottom is quite complex, although not an example of strength and efficiency. Cedar and juniper blend well with the stronger ambergris. Some hints of benzoin, amber, leather and musk, create a base for a woody, balsamic and somewhat sweet and animalic drydown.
The fresh side of the fragrance top is stronger than the woody bottom, and the effect is achieved without any aggressive or synthetic facets. We are clearly in the presence of high quality ingredients, guaranteeing a memory inprint of a very pleasant citrus fragrance - one of the best - but with a more common drydown.
Performance is above average for a fresh scent, but I would classify the scent globally as a "medium" performer with a noble longevity for up to 8 to 9 hours, but with a more plebeian sillage of less than five feet, and a couple of hours projection (with three sprays on the back of my hand).
In my closet, and labeled as a citrus fragrance, I would store it near the "parking place" of Boucheron pour Homme. Are they similar? It is not really the case of having similar accords, but there is a certain "familiarity" between the two perfumes, with the more aggressive Boucheron and the softer and soothing Elysium.
A commentary on its much publicised resemblance to the Creed Aventus ... I found no resemblance at all!
Can it be considered a masterpiece? I would answer with an easy YES, but always mentioning that the price tag is by far above its real value.
Rates for this citrus-woody expensive perfume:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Opening: 9,0 (magnific bitter aromatic strong citrus with some florals and fruit sweetness)
Drydown: 7.5 (woods and ambergris drydown)
Longevity: 8.0 (above average; up to 9 hours with 3 sprays)
Sillage: 7.0 (average; 4 feet and 2 hours projection with 3 sprays)
Uniqueness: 8.0 (almost unique in its quality but with common accords with other citrus scents)
Wearability: 8.0 (Spring days and nights; Summer nights; Fall days)
Versatility: 8.0 (extensive for a citrus freshie)
Compliments: 9.0 (above average for a citrus fragrance)
Quality: 9.5 (quality ingredients; excellent packaging and bottle sprayer)
Presentation: 9.5 (very nice although similar to all Roja Dove perfumes)
Price: 3.0 (Elysium Pour Homme Parfum 50 ml - £375.00)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 7.86/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

Opinion:
One of the best Citrus scents available but for a price.
Recomemended?
No! Do try it before you buy it, if you want to risk paying such an high amount for a citrus fragrance.

Music: Gladiator Soundtrack "Elysium"
RobGordon
Roja Dove, the Hans Zimmer of perfumers!
Critics have often asked themselves to what extent Hans Zimmer can provide all the soundtracks that draw his name. Roja Dove has released 17[!] fragrances in 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if he released 18 fragrances in 2018. Keeping in mind that the conception of a really good fragrance can take as long as 3 years, the question inevitably arises: How does it end?

Either he has helper leashes and only gives his name to the results of third parties, which correspond to his yield claim, or not everything that shines in his flacon is as high quality as gladly cheered.

Of course the options are not grounds for exclusion. So both can apply without any problems. At 50ml for 500€ it is worthwhile, I think, to take a closer look. By the way, the movie to the soundtrack is by no means called "Aventus". This much I will tell you in advance.

The film or rather the fragrance that inspired the fragrance alchemist here is "Essence of the Park" (Profumo). In order not to let this shine through too clearly, the Carthusia Lily of the Valley simulated chord corpus was illuminated more from the ethereally tart, subtly octane side than from the ozonic front, as in the original. Here artemisia and thyme seem to be the bitter-maker. Also a leather violet would have been plausible here.

However, the substructure cannot be denied even by naming any fruit basket. Elysium seems to me to be layered "Essence of the Park" with a nasal gold/L shade. Two fragrances that can be perfectly layered, by the way. On the one hand, to draw the nose gold more to the unisex side. Or in the opposite case to make the "Essence of the Park" look more masculine.

Two fragrances that I basically like very much. That leaves us to classify the finish of this "Scent Island of the Blessed". I was very curious about what Mr. Dove will serve for dessert.

So I was all the more amazed when I was confronted with a theme that seems to be very hated in the world of perfume. I don't know how to describe it in a friendly way. Perhaps as a Bespoke scent for the Sultan of Ambroxan? The perfume stays on the ethereal-fruity side for a long time (over several hours). I would think he has a big, persistent heart. But when the fragrance is laid to rest, an impression of sauvage remains, as it smells after 10 hours of wearing it
This fragrance will never become an opulent leather, amber, etc.,... Bomb, as you might expect given the pyramid. The transition from heart note is gradual and, to my mind, unspectacular. Mr. Dove has definitely not entered new worlds with this fragrance, the price is probably a pioneering achievement. All in all from my personal point of view not a bad scent, I was a bit disappointed with the finish. Also from the performance. Both the Cologne Parfum and Parfum here have surprisingly little projection. The durability of the perfume is slightly better (about 7-8 hours). The perfume appears a bit rounder compared to the in-house fragrance concentration flanker as well as the Carthusia Essence.

Luca Maffei will bite his own butt when he learns how to make real money with partial plagiarism, if properly bagged. I not only like the template much better in terms of price, because it is a more successful basis.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 14 months ago
The perfume fresh top side is stronger than the woody bottom. The effect is achieved without any synthetic facets. A freshie for royalty!

by Flanker
by Taskphorce
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Musk Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Roja Haute Luxe by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Danger pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 1 by Roja Parfums Taif Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums