Enslaved 2007 Parfum

Enslaved (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Enslaved (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Roja Dove

PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
IrisIris
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 17.01.2022.

Rickbr
Roja Dove really seems to apply his curator habilities also in his collection, in a kind of an attempt to preserve classics that may be destroyed with reformulations or may not exist anymore with discontinuations. I don't know if the current Habanita Parfum is still good, but Enslaved in parfum concentration really reminds Habanita. It has the dry, spicy tobacco accord, with honey nuances, with a drydown that is good woody vetiver. Between there seems to be something like heliotrope or tonka that gives the fragrance a slightly almond aura. It's quality stuff, expensive indeed and maybe it lacks the originality factor, but not the deepness and personality as said before.

My Only Real Chypre
While preparing for a future sniff-fest, I decided to search the perfume database on classic chypre notes to make sure I hadn't missed any chypre fragrances among my FBs and samples. According to everybody, those notes are: citrus (usually bergamot), cistus labdanum, oakmoss and musk.

What a surprise to discover that of the forty-seven I've gathered, only Enslaved has all the chypre notes. Not Chypre Rouge or Chypre Palatin, not even my adored vintage Chypre de Coty and Mitsuouko. Chypre de Coty has civet instead of musk. Mitsuouko has ambergris and per the notes pyramid, it has no labdanum. Can that be right? Time to investigate. Sniffing cistus labdanum from my perfumery notes kit. Now smelling Misuoko. Wow, I don't think it's there. Checking Fragrantica. Nope, Mitsuoko has no labdanum. Do classic chypres deviate from the classic definition or is Enslaved the only true chypre I have?

Personally I'd classify Enslaved as a Chypre/Oriental, missing only a classic oriental's amber, but labdanum stands in nicely for that. Wait, I think I read that many ambers used in perfumes are really a combination of labdanum and vanilla? Okay, then check. It has amber.

Enslaved certainly smells like both genres, has a chypre's dry haunting allure, an oriental's exuberant luxury -- both muted in this case, yet the result is satisfying. I suppose Enslaved is especially good for non-extremists who want to smell terrific without knocking others over with their scent.

In the years I have left to smell things, I seek the glorious reek. Give me the original Mitsuoko, give me Bal à Versailles. I pursued them both with breathless passion, not caring one whit what they cost. When I looked up Enslaved, I decided it was too expensive. Or maybe it's just very British, like its designer, Roja Dove.

One day when I'm finished buying everything else I think I'll adore, I might consider owning the beautifully reserved Enslaved, my (apparently) only true chypre.

p.s. Now I see it's musk that's eliminating so many from my chypre database search. When I search on the basic accord of bergamot-labdanum-oakmoss, a few more perfumes show up. Still, many chypre fragrances don't contain all of those three, Mitsuoko being a prime example.

HermeshHermesh 4 days ago
The spiciness of the clove is cleverly contained with a powdery cloud without slipping completely into the retro-soapy. Well mastered!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I really like this Roja! It stands somewhere between Molinard Habanita, VC&A Pour Homme and Cartier Santos. That's a wonderful place to be.

Bitte hängt mich nicht - der Duft hat mich einfach gefangen genommen :-) - von der Folterkammer direkt zur Halloween Party von Fresh. Dankeschön!
by BBMie
by Labormaus
by Labormaus
by Nashulian
by Nashulian
by Sumi
by Sumi

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums