Gardenia Parfum

Gardenia (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Gardenia (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Roja Dove

Elemi resinElemi resin
SandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk
StyraxStyrax

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.01.2022.

The scent was re-released in 2016.

Duftsucht
I wish it were different....
....... and I could say: Pooh, the scent leaves me totally cold and does not arouse any desire. But no, so easily my madness to buy a sample for 24 Euro (!) will not be forgiven.
Already the opening is overwhelming: It smells at the same time flowery, spicy, citric, bitter, sweet. WHOA! It blows my nose free into the furthest corner of my sensory organ. After a short time "Gardenia" becomes more and more flowery. How does the fragrance manage to be merely, opulent, but not overblown, overwhelming, but not penetrating, room-filling, but not overwhelming? I can't see any single component apart from anything resinous-herbaceous and anything spicy (clove? cinnamon? star anise?). It's a perfect flower miracle! It may sound stupid, but "Gardenia" for me is not white, but orange amber and glows. And yes, it is a perfectly formed, fully blossomed gardenia at the height of its beauty and fragrance!
Well, what do I do now? Unfortunately, I didn't know the Rojas were so expensive! Today in the morning I have already examined my collection with a strict eye and have calculated in thoughts from different perfumes quasi the financing in the far future. Let's see, maybe I'm lucky and until then my smell changes completely. But in the meantime I have decided to keep the little one until the round birthday of my husband, who is just around the corner, and then to give "Gardenia" the big performance he deserves!
3.5

Dead Old Lady
That's what my husband called it when he smelled it. To be precise he said, "Phew! Old lady, almost dead--inches from the grave!" Impolite, if you ask me, but accurate nonetheless. Naturally, I forgive the designer who made Haute Luxe (aka Roja), unsurpassed to date in my personal experience of perfume.

Bit disappointed
I am not keen on this version of gardenia. Its nothing spectacular, just like any other white floral scent. It is extremely difficult to imitate the real gardenia scent from nature. Sadly Roja has failed in this version. To me, personally i don't think any gardenia perfume out there can beat vintage Tuvache Jungle Gardenia. Second best would be vintage quadruple gardenia by Richard Hudnut, followed by vintage gardenia by Lucien Lelong, then again vintage gardenia by Houbigant and lastly velvet gardenia by Tom Ford. I am a big fan of Roja Dove but this one definitely failed to impress my senses. Sorry Roja!

Rickbr
This one seems to suffer on my skin from the same problem of another in this extrait line, lilac. Both start with intense aromas and go to discreet scents very soon. This is more a jasmine and tuberose composition, it lacks the odd notes in gardenia reproductions. It smells fruity, sirupy and rich at first, then it gets a little bit tart with a rose apparation that last some minutes. Then it ends in a very close to skin musky and woody base, which is a disappointment in such an expensive and exquisite fragrance. Honestly, it's the roja dove that i liked the least so far.

by Kylesa
by Kylesa
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums