Great Britain 2015

Great Britain by Roja Parfums
Great Britain is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is leathery-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

LabdanumLabdanum
LeatherLeather
AmbretteAmbrette
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.10.2021.

Dior Fahrenheit on a diet
Great Britain is a Rojas, which appealed to me very much from the fragrance notes. My hope was to experience a great woody, spicy and slightly leathery unisex fragrance. This is quite successful, if there were not a big hack.

Great Britain just smells like Dior Fahrenheit to me. Unfortunately, Great Britain is rather even a Dior Fahrenheit, which were taken from the character. The leather somewhat dimmed, less oakmoss, styrax, labdanum and juniper. In short. Dior Fahrenheit after a diet where some things have gone under the wheels. That's simply all I can say about Great Britain. For more information, a short excursion to Dior Fahrenheit is worthwhile.

Actually, I don't want to give another Roja a bad review. I have also previously not read a single review or statement on Great Britain, but the the Dior Fahrenheit association, could confirm me everyone in my circle of acquaintances. It would have been really great if Great Britain wasn't a dupe of a very famous designer fragrance. I just can't give a fragrance like this a good rating. For all those looking for something noble in this direction I can recommend Amouage Portrayal Man.

Now for something else. I did not know initially what this Roja cost, I went from normal very expensive Roja prices between 400-950€, but 1650€ !!!! Is a very bad joke. There is simply no reason for this price. No matter how you try to argue, this price cannot be justified. This is simply about the feeling of luxury. The price here creates an artificial scarcity because almost no one will buy this fragrance. This fragrance is at most a status symbol.

The durability is very good but worse than Dior Fahrenheit, especially in relation to vintage Dior Fahrenheit's. I could perceive Great Britain 10-11 hours. However, the silage is a bit too weak. Great Britain was with me permanently under an arm's length perceptible after about 7 hours already close to the skin, here I would have expected more.
Cause for celebration
My last comment about "Opera" by Xerjoff I have deleted quite quickly; therefore it is also announced in vain.
Already the first response was hurtful and showed how little appreciation this "Opus" would find. As is well known, the prelude is directional and unfortunately this trend then continues!
Who likes to see, something that was carefully and lovingly composed, go down the drain?

Therefore, I chose as the next "victim of my writing" one of the Roja fragrances.
This brand polarizes and always provides a platform for discussion.
Some people buy these fragrances because of the price; the flacons make themselves among other things so well in the showcase!
Whereas others avoid them and would perhaps even like to see them on the index; already because they poke at the origin of the company.
Yet just a few spritzes of these fragrance giants are usually a "journey into adventure land"!
And these fragrance journeys then follow the true lovers.

2012 in the UK! What a year!
The Olympics took place, grandly opened and successful; the Queen celebrated her Diamond Jubilee on the throne:
60 years of service to her country!
The march "Pomp and Circumstance" by Edgar Elgar should be ringing out by now!
A formidable woman, to whom my deepest sympathy belongs at present.
I too wept a few tears for Prince Philip.

Roja Parfums was given the task of creating a fragrance appropriate to these festivities.
Thus was born "Great Britain".
Leaving behind the swirling capital, where "my dear Albert" is still present, the fragrance journey takes us to the countryside.
The natural expanse of the countryside in its various shades of green and brown offers itself fresh-spicy dar. Now and then a light sea breeze mixes in.

Sage from the old kitchen garden of the nearby manor house takes the lead.
In the wind-protected, sun-drenched pergola, large potted plants welcome us; of course, bergamot and lemon must not be missing here.
They welcome us with friendly wafts of fragrance; harmonize in their freshness very well with the sage's always a little edgy spiciness.
From here we enter one of the typical English gardens: bordered by a small wood and a lively flowing brook, it stretches slightly undulating.
Richly blooming May roses and magnificent large-flowered jasmine remind us of the approaching summer.
They accompany us chatting amiably with their wafts of fragrance before we step into the dark green, tart and earthy-scented shade of the trees.
Woody and mossy we are greeted there; at the edge of a small pond the first irises are blooming: standing proud and quite straight. Their faces stretched towards the sunlight playing between the foliage, they too exude their powdery aroma.
Pudgy nests of small violets cover the forest floor: it smells of pristine nature; a bit rustic after all the flowery freshness we encountered before and which still accompanies us like a light shawl.
The partially decayed foliage of the previous year, the vigor of the young greenery of bushes and trees, and the slightly brackish water of the small pond create a balsamic, slightly musky atmosphere. Many of the pyramid's fragrance notes play into this olfactory ensemble.
Finally, a small snack awaits us in the library of the stately home, together with the master of the house.
The obligatory tea tray is just brought in as we enter a cozy wood-paneled realm of contemplation and conversation.
This room breathes rich, well-maintained old wood with a hint of beeswax, the magic of old books and the many stories of lives lived.
A whiff of the fireplace from the night before still hangs in the air; was one of the dogs probably lying here enjoying its soothing warmth?
Wood, paper, leather and life: How many people have sat in these deep, old leather chairs? Read, smoked, discussed over their drinks, or simply drank tea like us, after enjoying the fragrant beauty of the estate.

"Great Britain" is an invitation to experience the fragrant aromas and stories of a country manor.
Fresh and floral, woody and spicy, with a pleasingly lived-in leather note in the finish:
All of this has been expertly captured and sealed in one of Roja's signature flacons.
Endowed with tremendous longevity, long-lasting like British traditions.

I enjoyed this excursion into British life; this one won't be repeated every day. "Great Britain" has also moved on.
But to finish, I like to have a cup of tea and lean back comfortably in one of those big leather chairs, listening to the host's light small talk.
Ü50 Scent
This is how one imagines a British gentleman who likes to nibble on whisky, cigars and toffees. And somehow I found it nice. But as a perfume to please people, I would advise against it, because most of them found the scent terrible... furthermore, it is aimed at older people in any case.

My Roja Parfums Great Britain Review On YouTube
This is my Roja Parfums Great Britain Fragrance Review. Roja Parfums Great Britain is an out of this world leather, chypre fragrance. Very sexy, very dry but very smooth with light sexy animalic touches. This is an absolutely stunning concoction. I highly recommend this out of this world leather fragrance. But it's certainly very very pricey. $1750 suggested retail for Great Britain. Either way, please make sure you get your nose on this one as it’s a must, must try for sure. This is of course created by Roja Dove. If you feel like finding out more about Great Britain please watch my review on YouTube. Thank you.

MrLimuzinMrLimuzin 7 months ago
Anyone else get the Dior Fahrenheit comparison? No leather in GB, just a plasticky smell vs. the petrol vibe in Fahrenheit
PapiapipiiPapiapipii 9 months ago
One of the best leather based perfumes ever created, one of a kind.
AquamonzaAquamonza 2 years ago

by Cosmicflower
by Marc32R
by Marc32R

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums