Roja Haute Luxe 2013

Roja Haute Luxe by Roja Parfums
Top 50 in Unisex Perfume
Roja Haute Luxe is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose, Grasse jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesGinger, Clove, Cinnamon, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Amyris, Vanilla, Iris, Benzoin, Ambergris, Labdanum, Styrax

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 11.09.2020.

Relax
Snow-white aldehyde monster, or when every time "holding" the bottle becomes a tightrope act!
To this fragrance, which is called Haute Luxe, there is a background story.
Its creator, Roja Dove, was always "asked" what kind of fragrance he would wear and where to buy it. Accordingly, the fragrance is not only "luxurious" in name, no, the bottle with the gold flakes and the pompous presentation is just like its creator: unique, rare and precious.

Roja himself fascinated me very much by his "extravagant" appearance. He is an elderly gentleman, always dressed expensively and also his fingers equipped with valuable rings around his left arm, a noble expensive wristwatch with two gold bracelets.
And somehow he has a wonderful I'll put it this way, rustic voice, one would like to listen to him when he talks about his works, which he proudly represents, as is usual for a perfumer.

Haute Luxe is one of 3 fragrances I received from my friend Dominik. You can read what he's all about in my last (yesterday) Roja fragrance report, I dedicated him to the fragrance Chypré Extraordinaire. One of my signature scents, so to speak.
I have to say that when I hold both Roja bottles in my hands, I am surrounded by magic and a constant fear of them slipping out of my hands. To hold a Roja in my hands is an adrenaline thing anyway :-)

Now let's see what Haute Luxe smells like ? Spray once and hold your breath...
A small drop now adorns my hand, which I will not wash again for the rest of the day ;-)
I am immediately captured by a spicy note.
I smell meters of white powder, paired with aldehydes and possibly a spicy note.
Immediately I get an association of 80s, of an expensive after shave, with which the dad exaggerated as always ;)
Very quickly the carnation also reports! With its "cleanliness" note, it adds an extra stamp to the fragrance. Ylang-ylang gives this herb, but I search in vain for or smell May Rose Soapy jasmine I can make out more.
With time, a woody note is added to make this fragrance complete!

One can also notice Haute Luxe, its noble appearance. Should there ever be a Chanel N°5 for men, Haute Luxe would have a great chance (even if it is unisex). I could imagine this fragrance even better on men, but also on a lady, as a compensation to the currently "sweet" cute scents of the world

Barbalix
An imaginary kiss of an Angel
During my not so long fragrance journey I had the chance to try some quite expensive perfumes. Despite I am a very open minded person, I made understand myself one thing, that I do not want, never ever to try Roja's Haute Lux, as I am not in the financial state to afford something luxurious like this fragrance.

And then I bought a sample from it. God, it was such a big mistake!
The mail arrived, and I knew immediately that something got wrong. I could smell some very pleasant scent, but as the box was not damaged so I could not claim anything to the postman.

I went in my room quickly and I started to open the small parcel, and yes...one of the samples were leaking (as always, the most expensive one!)...as I slowly unwrapped the toilette paper to see the small decants, the scent got even stronger, filling the whole room, and it hit my head...

My breath stopped for a good minute and I was looking around and asking myself "what is happening with me". I will not describe the notes, and how I felt them as it would be impossible. The air got cleaner in the room, the sunshine trough the window became shinier and warmer, I felt loved, I felt beloved. I got paralyzed. If there would Angels, and if they could come to the Earth to kiss humans, well, I could connect the feeling I had after smelling this fragrance with an imaginary kiss of an Angel.

This is the greatest fragrance I ever smelled. I will own a bottle no matter how old I will be, I will own a bottle. I promise it.
Mogwai
Like or dislike haute luxe, that's the thing here
Very interesting high-quality scent, he has something very special, do not know how to describe it, a sprayer and you are a small fragrance bomb not over-smellable
Memories and comparisons with Chanel no. 5, with Gold Woman, with Diaghilev are awakened.

Ylang-ylang is always present, intense and unsweet.
One likes HL and becomes easily addicted or not.
In the clothes and in the hair sticks a wonderful warm base, Ylang-Ylang, golden warm and creamy.

But he does have a bit of a granny smell, at least at first.

Please forgive me for this short comment, it was too long for a statement, but I would like to express how I feel about Haute Luxe.

Thanks again for the bottling, I will never afford it
An olfactory pearl
Roja Dove is an impressive and dazzling personality. Not only is he undoubtedly a true genius of perfumery art, he also knows how to attract attention and bring himself to the fore as a brand ambassador.

At an event on the occasion of his book "The Essence Of Perfume" I once met him in the London luxury department store Harrods. Roja is a man who wants to attract attention: a colourful shirt, gold chains and countless golden rings have become his trademark. He has become an icon who consciously wants to stand out from the other figureheads in the industry - not only in terms of his appearance, but also in terms of his fragrances.

Roja wants to take us on a journey and so it is no wonder that he is able to tell a story about each of his creations. As so often, he comes back to personal experiences - for example to his mother, who once sparked his love for fragrances in him.

He is a great storyteller and can make completely new olfactory experiences possible with these stories. It is fascinating to learn how he designs his creations, what natural ingredients they contain and how expensive they are to buy.

Roja, the businessman comes in the course of the event to talk about his individual fragrances and you are spellbound by his immense knowledge, which he acquired in the course of his life. Finally he leads to his personal signature scent, because for years he has been wearing nothing but "Haute Luxe".
So anyone who wants to smell like Roja Dove can do so now. But this circumstance can also be paid for princely. In my opinion, however, the presentation of the flacon is exaggerated. As usual, the bottle is anything but simple. This perfume wants to attract attention and pulls out all the stops.
First of all, it is noticeable that the perfume contains small gold flakes and that the bottle decorated with Swarovski crystals also adorns Roja's signature. What at first seems impudently snobbish and still has an interesting background story, though. Because if you really want to experience this fragrance with all its facets, you have to look behind the obvious.

Even the first impression leaves no doubt that this is an absolute luxury product. An elitist chypre-out filled with the highest quality ingredients the planet has to offer.
Roja attaches great importance to mentioning that it is not the gold, but the other components of his perfume that cost significantly more money. The jasmine costs twice as much as the gold, the violet almost four times as much.

The scent begins floral, I perceive a pleasant scent of dreamy violets and jasmine. This immediately awakens associations with a spring-like flower meadow. Overall, the fragrance continues to develop in the direction of powdery-mild. The cloves contained are surprisingly reserved, the scents of vanilla, iris and a high degree of amber provide a restrained, warm aura, which is later complemented by noble woods.

The Sillage and the durability are above average as with all tested Roja perfumes. But you shouldn't make the mistake and expect "Haute Luxe" to be a loud perfume. It is much more reserved than the whole presentation would suggest. The perfume is pure reserved luxury with an enormously versatile character.

Of course, the fragrance is not worth 3000 euros - the hair is measured. Rather, you pay for the exclusivity that this limited edition fragrance embodies.
If you get involved, this one takes you on an interesting flowery voyage of discovery.

Overpriced but good
I had a chanche to test this in Dubai Mall. I is poudre with lavendel and some eastern ingredients. The quality of the ingredients is really good. Not bad at all, but definetaly overpriced.

Masterpiece!
I went down to Harrods Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie and i tried this one. Was totally blown away by this out of world parfum. Yes, the price is very hefty, but the sheer quality of the parfum justifies the price to me personally, someone else may think otherwise. This parfum reminds me of the movie 'Perfume The Story of a Murderer', underrated classic must watch film.

Haute Luxe Triumph
Yes, the price is outrageous - $3,500. Yes, the whole idea is overblown - actual gold flecks, I'm told at the counter. Whether in the bottle or the actual liquid, I didn't get. I wasn't paying attention. My nose had taken over my brain. Today, clearing my desk, I came on the scented paper in its envelope and had to write a review because I'm once again concluding this is the best thing I've ever smelled. By genre it is both a proper chyre (bergamot, labdanum, oakmoss) and a near-proper oriental (bergamot, jasmine, amber, vanilla), missing musk. The chypre element is deepened by addition of the faux oakmoss note now in vogue because of EU regulations (patchouli/vetiver). I mixed both the pure chypre accord and the faux one during my on-going Learning Chypre sniff fest to experience them and what's here is authentic. The spice in Roja is delicious, the cedar entrancing, the florals an olfactory garden of sophistication. It's as if Roja Dove decided to take the best in perfumery and push them beyond magnificence. For 10 years this was Roja Dove's personal perfume. It wasn't on sale. Now you could still say it isn't really on sale. There was only one bottle at Neiman Marcus when I went there a day in advance of his visit. You have to order it online at his site or go to Harrod's in London and there's no guarantee it will be in stock, I hear. Roja perfume (which at the counter they called Haute Luxe) is the best of the best I've smelled in my two years as a perfumista. Wear it and be assured only a handful on the planet will smell as good as you. I didn't love love his other fragrances. Innuendo is my favorite of the women's line. Diaghilev is wonderful among the men's. But as soon as I get an extra $3,500 I don't need for anything else, I'm getting on a plane, flying to London, getting in one of those Hackney cabs and driving straight to Harrod's. They called him Professeur de Parfum during the years he worked at Guerlain. With Haute Luxe, Roja Dove proves he deserves that title.

4/19/16
The 7.5 ml Discovery Atomiser I ordered on the website arrived today and fully justified the price with its great beauty--notes of far greater quality and depth, a composition far more brilliant than any of the hundreds I own. Only two or three stellar vintages (Shalimar extrait, for one) are even close to the same league.

BarbalixBarbalix 64 days ago
I said "I won't try Haute Lux. Never ever." But I did. Now I am dreaming about this fragrance day and night, can't get it out of my head...
BeOrtegaBeOrtega 156 days ago
Smells like Engima Parfum Pour Hommes dry down.
Splashfrag12Splashfrag12 2 years ago
Haute Luxe = Enigma Parfum PH blended with Diaghilev Parfum
LexaLexa 4 years ago
With at least 4 stages of evolution and 48h longevity ,Haute Luxe is Roja's signature scent and a perfume that can't be explained.Unique!
ScentFanScentFan 4 years ago
Easily the most beguiling scent I've ever smelled

by Splashfrag12
Roja Haute Luxe
by Wolf67
Roja Parfum and Book

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Musk Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Danger pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 1 by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums