Burlington 1819 2020

Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums
Burlington 1819 is a new perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

VanillaVanilla
LabdanumLabdanum
AmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk

Submitted by Fogge, last update on 16.10.2021.

Addictive matureness!

Now, this thing is highly addictive! To be completely honest, this one just blew me away! I am a big fan of orientals but I wanted a fragrance which I could wear through the whole year, especially during the summer but with oriental facets..and that's exactly what Burlington 1819 is!

Lively start with sparkling lime and grapefruit as the first notes you get. Followed by uplifting mint, ginger, oakmoss and cashmere woods..then everything suddenly go quiet..like calm before the perfect storm..then you smell a beautiful blend of aformentioned notes with fresh tobacco dipped in finest rum. Benzoin, labdanum cumin and cedarwood are also prominent in the dry-down, giving this creation a truly unique feel.

This fragrance is ideal for well groomed Gentleman or rugged but stylish one too. Polivalent fragrance with many layers! Hands down, one of my favorite dry-downs ever!

longevity on my skin is good 8 hours and sillage is moderate but veeeery pleasing!

I will be wearing this one a lot!
Gms400
seriously - tygar a fragrance twin?
hm...so if you see the burlington and tygar as fragrance twins, you could just list every fragrance in which grapefruit is present as a fragrance twin. find the fragrances have nothing else in common. i know only a few fragrances that are fresh, complex, balanced, durable and wearable. fresh and yet clearly niche without the mainstream vibe a la bleu, office, tygar etc. elysium belongs in this category. mefisto too. and certainly a few others. would be very grateful for any other suggestions because i'm desperately looking for such fragrances. burlington definitely belongs in this category too. the top and heart notes simply lift you into another dimension. grapefruit, lime, tangerine interwoven with rum and wood - a dream. you just feel special. admittedly, i don't know how much the name roja contributes to this, but the overall concept works in any case. the scent just fits like a tailor-made suit and gives me exactly the same feeling - pushes the self-esteem, radiates something incredibly positive. and in this crazy and dreary time just what you need to feel really good again at least for a few moments. am so grateful that I was allowed to try the scent thanks to n1cenose and will definitely put me a flacon. you made my day, roja.
Eberlin
Interview
A rich, almost 50 year old entrepreneur will open his next branch in the city centre tomorrow. Only a sophisticated location with a view worthy of him were good enough to meet his criteria. Already early in the morning the last preparations for the opening are running for the next day. The last pieces of furniture are brought in, the final touches are done.

A young student, who has his job interview right with him, is standing downstairs in front of the elevator, a little excited as the name of the company precedes him...
"Well, we'll be fine "he thinks to himself and gets into the elevator.
At the top, a craftsman comes to meet him, drinking a purple-red bull edition. A breath of a fruit cloud comes flying by. While this smells pleasant, it also reminds him a little of his last weekend, when he was at the club and his, well let's say something ( just-in-the-head-thinking-friend) threw out his last training money for the expensive drinks with energy.
As the evening was remembered as successful, he liked smelling the fruity energy and got the motivation to tackle the job interview bravely.

As he entered the room, he saw the boss watching with a strained expression as two workmen freed his new and expensive couch from the plastic wrap.

The smell of the newly unwrapped couch, (no leather smell!) coupled with the freshly cleaned store and the memories of the fruit cloud 3 minutes ago, may sound boring in the first place. But because he saw before him the strongly situated boss who has a certain name in town, it struck him as a place where he would like to be, just to belong.

The whole conversation unfortunately only lasted7 minutes out of 10 but the memory of how the rich businessman with his shirt unbuttoned invited him onto the fresh couch left an impression.

---

On a side note, quite Authentic scent considering how Roger dresses.

Norleans
Shut up and take my money! (part 5)
At the first test I was still disappointed, because I had promised myself a different fragrance impression. On the Roja side, it seemed by its presentation much more pompous, glorious, voluminous and royal, at least this image arose in my thought muscle. Although I am now not so the type, which stands on above-mentioned smell attributes, the expectation went in this direction and my first feeling of the filling was an extremely emotional "goes so."

Because actually, Burlington 1819 is a sharp, pungent, tart, fresh, petrol-like cologne at the start, which only loses some punch in the scent development after 20 minutes, becoming warmer and more cuddly. Nevertheless, I perceive it at least six hours very well on me, without it becoming too intrusive.

So far, I can only compare Burlington with another fragrance I know: A Man`s Cologne by Gravel. A fantastic fragrance, in part. If, yes if, the exceedingly brutal top and heart notes were not. A classic modern cologne that, after many hours, forms the scent that, for me, results in a cologne with potency and durability- yes, I know, not actually the characteristic quality of a colognes. These exhausting hours led me to refrain from buying the Gravel.

Burlington 1819 is in this vein for me, only more pleasant and tolerable. My sympathetic pre-commentator draws parallels with a "musty" sofa in a cocktail bar, where it smells of fruit (I take the liberty of shortening his statements)- I feel rather reminded of a stay in a garage from the 60s, where English gentlemen (one of them is William Habenborough, short for Will Haben) with their tweed jackets are tinkering with their sports cars (I almost want to say "old-timers", but in the 60s they were still as good as new). The mustiness I perceive as evaporating petrol and engine oil, the fruity component is definitely there- even very tangy and almost pungent, I stress: almost. A bit of light rum, maybe gin, floats in the air, as you toast yourself after successful work on the speedster.

With Burlington, I have found a wonderfully fresh herbling that has done it to me and that I can not really compare with any other fragrance. A masculine fragrance that you can not resent his appearance in the first 20 minutes. A real phenomenon is that after 9 hours in the office, back in my car, I find a pleasantly intense scent aura that I left in it on the morning drive to work. I've never had that with any other scent before. Not even with Gravel.

Burlington 1819 is, for me, a cologne with potency and staying power, classic yet modern. As nice as "love at first sight" always is with perfumes, I'm glad that second and third chances are sometimes the only way to discover the value a fragrance can hold for you. About the price you can argue, but with pleasure and luxury goods, you may like to leave that out, because you do not really need them to live, but would like.

Thanks for reading and stay healthy!
My best mojito ever ;)
The Mojito with its sweet fruity lime and refreshing mint with a little rum has always been my favourite cocktail, although I rarely drink it. That's why I find it all the more wonderful that Roja has succeeded in capturing the characteristic scent of the mojito in a perfume.

And of course there is much more: the top note can confidently be called a citrus fruit bomb, and in the most positive sense. Super fresh and super complex! I also like the fact that the fresh notes extend far into the heart note, before the somewhat "musty" base asserts itself.

Because the moist and cheerful citrus fruit mix is accompanied by an old couch. This musty aroma is probably intended to remind us of the time-honoured halls of the Burlington shopping centre in London. At the beginning I was not sure if I should like this, but somehow it sets a nice counterpoint and makes the scent look more mature. So the dose of old couch is just acceptable.

Now for the price: 225,- for an average shelf life and silage, that is with actually too expensive for an eau de parfum, although it belongs to the more favorable Roja scents. If you are at home in the Roja world, it should be a bargain for you, but the price still scares me off.

To me, it's a fragrance that's fun. Especially in summer!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 days ago
Bitter and fresh citric opening with a dominant grapefruit, lime, some sweetness and mint. In the base, spices, a hint of tobacco leaf, rum.
PapiapipiiPapiapipii 8 months ago
Very pleasent citrus opening, I like the role of mint in here. But longetivity and sillage could be better.

by Fogge
by Gms400
by Sibarita
by Sibarita

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums