Elysium Parfum Cologne 2017 Eau de Parfum

Elysium Parfum Cologne (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Top 11 in Men's Perfume
Elysium Parfum Cologne (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon BergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit LimeLime LavenderLavender ThymeThyme ArtemisiaArtemisia MuskMusk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley May roseMay rose Grasse jasmineGrasse jasmine AppleApple BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanumGalbanum Pink pepperPink pepper CypriolCypriol VetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood Juniper berryJuniper berry BenzoinBenzoin VanillaVanilla LabdanumLabdanum LeatherLeather AmbergrisAmbergris MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.08.2022.

Freshness In a Bottle
First and foremost, this smell is incredible. The opening of Elysium is one of the nicest I've ever smelled, and overall, it's the most complex fragrance I've ever smelled. There are various phases to the dry down, and each one grows more seductive as it progresses. Do you want compliments? Then I recommend wearing it almost anywhere and you will get them. This is a well-balanced fresh/green aroma that is appropriate for any occasion. People WANT to be around this scent, and when they complement you, it's not simply because they smell your cologne; they complement you because this cologne is sophisticated and smells amazing. Grab a sample and you'll see why some believe it's superior to the king of niche scents.

Fbrhpositive
Must try this rich citrus juice!
Complex, expensive spring, summer fragrance.
Not similar to Aventus but much better as a scent.
Currently one of the best citrus fragrance on the market.
Lacks of performance and has sillage issue.
Like nishe version of Bleu de Chanel.
Nonetheless, scent is so gergous and must try this rich juice for sure!
The name says it all
Alone the name Elysium sounds simply noble.
If one looks then still the list of the smell notes at one is simply only astonished.

A symphony of fragrance notes, fruity citrus fresh starting, then slowly goes into a floral note to remain there for a while. For me, the center of the symphony is the most in harmony and really well thought out. One feels summery refreshed, like a sea of flowers through which a small crystal clear stream flows from which you just grab some water to your face.

The final chord of this symphony is a beautiful woody scent with a little bit of leather.

This fragrance is a masterpiece and despite contemplative silage and durability his money yet worth.
You notice the quality of the packaging on the bottle to the fragrance. Here nothing was saved.

Head-turner
Beautiful fragrance that garners lots of comments. Fresh, sharp, but settles down to a very inviting scent. Unfortunately the price is beyond most people’s budget, in which case Dua supernova is a very solid substitute. Ideal for summer months, but also doubles as a very classy fragrance all year round.

I really tried
As of 20.10.2021:
Roja Elysium Cologne #11 of men's fragrances.

Somehow I feel like the whole world wants me to like this scent.
It's Roja....
This fragrance is expensive as hell...
A rating of 8.6...

The truth is, however, that Elysium is just Extremist boring. Yes, the smells quite good somehow citrus light. But really without corners and edges. Quasi a fragrance without character. I can well imagine that many wear it if you do not want to stand out at all. But why do you wear a perfume then? One of the few fragrances that has also generated absolutely zero reactions from my environment so trivial he is.

I would like to make the fragrance itself not so bad, because he smells good. However, probably by far the most boring fragrance in my sample collection.
Lars06
The search has come to an end
It should be said in advance that Corona has changed my sense of smell, perfumes that previously appealed to me BdC & Dior Homme Sport now exert almost nausea with me.

For about a year I have tried my way through the 2 largest drugstores we have here in France, bought a lot quickly, discarded even faster.

Then the turning point, I found a small perfumery which carried exclusively brands like Xerjoff, Roja, PdM etc ... I was in love with Elysium at the first spray.
I use 3 sprays in the morning, another one in the afternoon to get by. I hope he remains thanks to winter temperatures of over 10 degrees further somehow portable for me?
Nipoza
Rollercoaster of the olfactory senses
For some time now, I have been under the spell of fragrance fever. Several times I had entered so some perfumeries before I discovered a few days ago the Roja Elysium. Unfortunately, the demonstration bottle was empty to the last drop, so that I unfortunately only the riechen remained on the atomizer.
Just that alone aroused in me a certain wow effect. Nevertheless, I left the store unsure because I like to smell before I buy a more expensive perfume, it first for several hours on my skin.
Since this fragrance would not go out of my head, I had been able to get hold of an original 10 ml sample on eBay. When the fragrance mail was finally in my mailbox, I could not wait to open it and give the first spray on the skin. What came next was kind of overwhelming. It was a total roller coaster ride of my olfactory senses. Never had a perfume what contains so many fragrances as the Roja Elysium.
A wide grin set in with me and the thought, THE perfume overhabt for a very long time to have found, overcame me. Particularly striking is the fresh and strongly citrus almost a little sour striking top note consisting of, among others, grapefruit, bergamot, lemon and lime. This incredible freshness and spritzigkeit I had taken so strong with no perfume.
About currant (I take pers. was hardly), apple, Mairose u.s.w in the heart note ends the roller coaster ride in a clearly perceptible and very pleasant note of vetiver, cedar, vanilla, amber and musk. The citrus notes of the actual top note also remain perceptible until the end.
With the durability of about 6 hours I get along although a bit longer would have been quite nice. In clothes I could perceive the fragrance even the next day.
The sillage is pretty good in the first about 3 hrs but not outstanding.
Price is the Elysium certainly not the cheapest but still in my eyes or my nose ? worth every € !
I will certainly if the sample is all, the flacon to buy.
Even my wife who is very peculiar to perfumes, did not want to leave my side ;-)
For me, an absolute must-have summer fragrance that every man should have tested at least once.
So now but enough of the homage ?
Elysium - The Love Confession
Finally!
I have already spent countless euros on fragrances, have bought most blind because I have let myself be influenced by influencers. Have also tested many fragrances, always with one goal in mind:
To find the one perfume..

One searches for a SignatureScent, felt his life long. It always comes a perfume that you like more than the other..

Unfortunately, almost all the fragrances I have tested (and there were many) always the WOW effect away.
Then I started to deal with the brand Roja. Elysium and Enigma is what you always hear.
Have always ignored because I have seen at that time that such a Roja costs over 400 euros and as a student one has this flus not :P (and there was no PC yet)
Well out of sight out of mind.

A few years later in the year 2021 my inhibition to spend my hard earned money has dropped a lot haha and I ordered the Elysium.
It was love at first sniff.

I finally found a scent that gives me that WOW effect.
And I would even go further and say that no other perfume has ever triggered this effect on me.

I realize that this is a matter of taste, but for me it is.
A great fragrance, I like the PC more than the perfume, still have both.
Layer the often when I want to show off haha

Am glad that I finally have the fragrance and can now enjoy it.

He has even tempted me to sell many other fragrances, because he feels like "the one" fragrance.
Am just in love ;)

Unfortunately, except for Elysium, Enigma and A Midsummer Dream, all the other Rojas I have tested disappoint me. Too bad actually.

And for all of you wondering or reading this:

No it doesn't resemble Aventus and to me it's leaps and bounds better than any batch of Aventus. ;)
(OWN OPINION)
Always test all fragrances yourself and make up your own mind :)
Fenice
Great fragrance for the office
Servus, Grüezi and hello to Germany, Austria and Switzerland! Here is your Systm again!

Well, who of you still knows this greeting? Right: Bet that... :D

Systm from somewhere on the A.... of the world bets: To me, Elysium PC seems so familiar and yet completely different!

yeah, i'm really bored again! :-D

Fragrance
Elysium Parfum Cologne starts, what a surprise, citrusy! You can smell very well and clearly the lemon, bergamot and lime out, which is nice and pleasant and not pungent or toilet cleaner/cleaner like. To my surprise, the red pepper also rises shortly after spraying in the nose, in any case, it then tingles in the nose and I almost have to sneeze.

After some time, I also perceive apple, May rose and very faint blackcurrant. Hach, what a beautiful fragrance!

Again some time later I smell cedar, benzoin, vanilla and musk, with the scent remaining slightly citrusy the whole time.

Reminder
At first, Elysium PC doesn't remind me of anything I'm familiar with, and if it does, it's only minimally reminiscent of the citrusy top notes Creed uses in Virgin Island Water, for example. After some time, however, Elysium PC somehow seems familiar to me.... I had to think a bit and then it came to me: Bleu de Chanel EdP! Because of the benzoin I even have slight associations with the drydown of PDM Carlisle / XerJoff Amber Star but really only very light and short, maybe 10 minutes? Then the fragrance begins again to go in another, independent direction.

Summary
Elysium PC starts very nicely and mildly citrusy, then becomes citrusy-fruity and then citrusy-woody.

The fragrance has an interesting progression. With me, it is first independent, then it smells like Bleu de Chanel EdP, very faintly like Carlisle / Amber Star and then again independent. Yes, very slightly soapy but is that bad? NO!

Sillage / durability
Sillage and durability are mediocre. It lasts through a working day i.e. 8 hours, with the sillage and longevity noticeably decreasing hour by hour and the fragrance getting weaker and weaker. How far the fragrance radiates, I do not know, have never tested it.

@!Price / performance

I hate to say it, but P/L is more bad than good here. That's not to say the fragrance is bad, it definitely isn't! But for what the fragrance offers d. h. the durability and sillage, it is absolutely not worth the price! This is about Elysium PC and not about the perfume!

One smells here but clearly the high-quality ingredients (fragrance notes).

Final words

Elysium PC is a very nice, clean scent that fits perfectly in all seasons and is great for the office and appointments. But equally great for going out to dinner and other activities.

@!Thanks
Thanks to VintageGold for the bottling :)
God of bergamot
"Elysium", as the most beginner-friendly and still most affordable of all Rojas, is the first bottle of his brand in my collection. And I could also imagine that he remains forever, no matter how great I still find some Roja, because I'm not ready to put almost half a monthly salary in 50 ml "super juice" felt. Unless I eventually reduce my collection by 80% and switch to the motto "Only the best!" or "Quality absolutely before quantity!". But this "Elysium" just had to be already now. Why? Isn't it just a niche, simple and possibly even pompous elitist mixture of Dior's "Sauvage" and "Aventus"? Maybe. But that's not a deal-breaker or a weight on his shoulders for me. And yet, on a very high level, I am minimally disappointed. But first things first, I'll try to get my thoughts in order on this fine luxury specimen...

"Elysium (Parfum Cologne)" is reminiscent of men's bestsellers from the "clean shampoo trend lists" of the last decade. However, in such a natural and with classic, almost a little chyprigem citrus kniff that one remains the spit away and actually prohibit any comparisons. The way "Elysium" builds up and through its citrusy, sparkling and shimmering juniper berry mix is almost justifying its price. Or almost scratches that. "Elysium" is a completely authentic and self-aware evergreen, a millionaire on the tube, an olfactory angel come down to earth. Always delicious. Always juicy. Always high quality to the hilt. And the minimal leathery (!) musky drydown is transparent and simply gorgeous. Overall, "Elysium" is pretty much the perfection of its subject, there's nothing to complain about. So where does the last 10% hang in my rating or the slight "disappointment despite enthusiasm"? Hard to describe. But basically I miss the last kick, the special something, a unique selling point. To the latter, you could call its massive "high quality" and "softness". But I mean just from the notes and scents. My absolute summer favorites like "L'Humaniste" (gin) or "40 Knots" (honey) just have more character and recognition of their own in my mind, in my experience. "Elysium" is "simply" hit perfumery from the drugstore taken to the absolute extreme, in my opinion. Smooth and year-round, beautiful and soothing. Which, of course, you have to create first and is criticism at the very highest level. That it is regularly named in top lists and as a most worn favorite perfume is of zero surprise. I will certainly reach for it often and with relish. It's just too beautiful and too appealing, both to myself and to compliments, as I quickly discovered, to leave it. No matter how expensive it was.

Flacon: 5% kitsch, 95% beauty
Sillage: clearly noticeable, very natural and pleasant, actually perfect.
Longevity: 7-9 hours - great for a citrus fragrance

Conclusion: if high-end niche chums up to the mainstream?! No. And even if: "Elysium" is one of the most universally beautiful citrus fragrances and arguably the most wearable bergamot ever. Mass appeal and anti-migraine haute perfumery at its best. An illuminating appearance

Traian1999Traian1999 2 months ago
Ultimate summer scent for the short time that it’s on skin. Spray heavy
DraxlerDraxler 3 months ago
I had high expectations. What I got was at best an average scent for summer. At this price I wouldn't recommend it.
PatronrPatronr 4 months ago
Great and noble scent. Spicy green, gentle oriental. Lasting all day long. Had to split few decants to some crew ladies at the shop I buy d
TaoEuringerTaoEuringer 6 months ago
Elysium will be what you want it to be. Gentle, or adventurous. Clean or characterful. A scent made to be made something of.
PetarMolnarPetarMolnar 9 months ago
Its swiss knife of niche parfumes. Versatile, suits everybody, every time and a place.
Performance are rather weak. Layer it with EM M02
JMWeedJMWeed 9 months ago
A sweet blue citrus burst. Does dry down to a hint of that Aventus DNA. Smoke comes out as it develops. Younger feel than other Roja parfums
Simo975gSimo975g 9 months ago
Just a step above its competitors, the blue fragrances and the endless horde of Aventus smell-alikes. A bit more class and refinement.
KingPinKingPin 1 year ago
Goes exactly like this: Citrus 1 hour (great, rating 9/10) -> Aventus 2 hours (8/10) -> Haitian vetiver (too smoky, 4/10). Total: 8/10.
CnixCnix 1 year ago
not better then Aventus, but different, in a more elegant way. Performances could be better though
RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 year ago
Bright citrus, kinda herbal/aromatic opening. Drydown brings vanilla and juniper berries. Complex, wonderfully blended, but low performance.

by Zirkon
by Zirkon
by Fogge
by Fogge
King of summer
King of summer Pt.2
by 115jp
roja elysium : “...wo bist du gewesen?” ;)
by Felsn
roja elysium - richtet die spots auf eine eindrucksvolle & spuren hinterlassende superstar-kreation innerhalb der duftwelt. der roja weiss wie mans macht... :)
by Felsn
by Journey82
by Stere
by Stere

Popular by Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Madison pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma Parfum Cologne by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums