Manhattan 2021 Parfum

Manhattan (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
8.4 / 10 72 Ratings
Manhattan (Parfum) is a popular limited perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot LavenderLavender BasilBasil
Heart Notes Heart Notes May roseMay rose Grasse jasmineGrasse jasmine HeliotropeHeliotrope VioletViolet CoconutCoconut
Base Notes Base Notes GingerGinger Pink pepperPink pepper CinnamonCinnamon CloveClove PatchouliPatchouli OakmossOakmoss TobaccoTobacco VetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood PinePine BenzoinBenzoin VanillaVanilla MuskMusk Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 15.12.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Nothing new..
Roja Manhattan was my test candidate today. I was very curious how Roja Dove will interpret the motto Manhattan. Fragrances with a geographical motto I always find very difficult to create, because the impression of a place can be very variable and different. But now enough boring gibberish from me.

Manhattan has a tangy top note with bergamot and lavender which I find good. After 2-3 minutes, the fresh retreats and makes way for the sweet and dark notes. Here I can detect the following: Tonka bean, tobacco, vanilla, cinnamon, light patchouli, some woods and musk.

I like the scent really well to very well, but I can't say it any other way: it's Tobacco Vanilla with a bit less sweetness, but the similarity is for me at 80-85%. I really don't want to pay over 800€ for a dupe, Tobacco Vanille seems like a bargain. Unfortunately, I have to reduce the rating by 3 points, because honestly I do not want to buy a 800€ dupe. This can of course see everyone as he / she wants, but I am therefore not convinced of Roja Manhattan.

The durability is solid, but here it could have been more. After a little over 8 hours Manhattan is already gone on my skin. The silage is always a little under an arm's length and becomes skin after about 6 hours.
Very helpful Review 18
Sweet glamour of the 20s
"Roja Dove created this perfume as a tribute to the past and a celebration of what's next. Essentially, it's the perfect antidote to the current covid climate."

I'll start my review with this little snippet from the performance.

The backstory to Manhattan is thought-provoking. It's about how our new decade began very differently than expected and that no matter what the world throws at us, we will recover. Manhattan has been a successful coping mechanism in that regard.
The model for the choice of name is unmistakably the city of Manhattan, which, with its resilience, is intended to transport the splendor of the Golden 20s back into today.

When I learned of this release, I was very hooked, because Roja creates it like no other to put himself and his perfumes in perfect light. So also here. A strictly limited edition, a story that motivates and its black piano lacquer box, which complements the entire presentation excellent.

Since last Wednesday, the bottle is with me and I have worn it right Thursday and Friday in the office and also tested at home several times on the skin. The first statements were manifested and many of you are certainly waiting anxiously for what is hidden behind the new creation.

The profile is presented as follows: "This is a smooth and smoky Tobacco-based Chypré [...]".

Not to worry, we are greeted fresh and within the first few seconds we immediately notice the spicy warm architecture sitting on a chypré foundation. Not particularly floral, but cozy soft, creamy sweet and pleasantly woody with a gentle spiciness. Smoke and tobacco create a deep character that comes across as pleasing all in all. In my first test on the back of my hand, I could not yet properly classify this impression - now I would name two fragrances in this context, which share certain parallels, but only serve as an orientation:

"Tobacco Vanilla (Eau de Parfum) | Tom Ford"
Arabesque

Manhattan does not focus as pronounced on tobacco and vanilla as the Tom Ford shows and reduces some tobacco perception and also the sweet perception is not directly attributable to the vanilla, but rather comes close to the Arabesque and seems almost marmalade here, because the real magic comes only by the fact that Roja both a Chypré structure for additional feinherbe and dry nuances untersetzt and thus mixes an exclusive cocktail.

With all admiration and appreciation for Roja, I explicitly say that Manhattan does not set new standards. The fragrance combines known and reinterpreted in its charming way with a result that can be seen. Especially I see him in late autumn and winter.
For these stages he is perfectly suited and will sweeten sensual moments truly.

2 short views on the fragrance
TahaTaha 2 months ago
Les îles tropiques version Roja ! Une pure merveille !
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a brief spicy-green opening, this gently fruity, yet creamy spicy-floral fragrance, settles to a warm and dry spicy earthy-woody base.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium Parfum Cologne (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Madison pour Homme by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie by Roja Parfums