Oceania 2019

Oceania by Roja Parfums
Oceania is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Roja Dove

VanillaVanilla
IrisIris
LabdanumLabdanum
MuskMusk

Submitted by Santal, last update on 16.01.2022.

This fragrance was exclusively created for Selfridges.

Gentle waves on the Amalfi Coast
Oceania is for me one of those perfumes that have opened up to me only after a year. I already had a bottle of Oceania, but at that time I somehow did not warm up to the fragrance, maybe I just gave Oceania then too little time with 3x tests, but maybe my taste has changed within this year. Now but enough talked about the actual topic, now it goes to the actual part of this review Oceania.

Oceania I would describe as a very very gentle aquatic fragrance, although here probably almost every fan of aquatic fragrances would shake his head. Here you expect certainly no Orto Parisi Megamare in the bottle. I see Oceania rather in the same genre as LV On The Beach, Afternoon Swim, Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi, Heeley Note de Yuzu etc.

Oceania is however nevertheless completely independent and fascinating. Oceania possesses was also the usual citrus in the top note and also has borrowings from a classic cologne, but it is still rosemary, thyme, juniper, violet, iris etc. here. Added. There is also more depth than the fragrances listed earlier due to components like moss, galbanum, labdanum, cedarwood. The combination of all these notes creates a soft aquatic yet cologne moderate scent. The name Oceania is but for me not quite appropriate, so I give this 0.5 points deduction, but no more, because an aquatic basic idea is recognizable.

I find Oceania after now after a year really very good and am happy to own a bottle of Oceania again. Of course, it would have been allowed for me something more of an Oceania (aquatic) feeling.

The shelf life is in the good range. I can perceive Oceania about 8 hours on my skin. However, the silage is always a little under an arm's length, only noticeable for about 20-30 minutes at a little over an arm's length. After 5-6 hours, Oceania becomes skin tight and then slowly fades out for the next 2-3 hours.
Mogwai
Oceania, waves, where are you?

A fragrance that bears the name Oceania and then is filled in a corresponding glass bottle that further emphasizes this name - this fragrance should create a connection to the ocean, the sea.

Does it?

In my opinion, no.

Fine citrus notes are perceptible when sprayed.

Quite quickly something warm, strong, comes to it, gently accompanied by citrus notes.

A similarity to the base of Amber Star is recognized for me, this layered with some Lemon Line of Mancera.

So smells to my sensation after Oceania.
Too bad
Had expected something fresher, slightly cool, more Ocean.

Luki94er
My absolute favorite piece in the summer ☀️
I have little idea of fragrances ect. un here to write a detailed review. I would like to try it with my words. I love this fragrance, this smell, simply this feeling. It smells so fresh, I have never smelled anything like it before. When I close my eyes and smell the bottle I am not responsive for a moment. I am on vacation (at the sea) It is in my eyes the perfect fragrance for the summer. I love it ! ?
0.5

Liquid Fabric Softener
This opens with bright, tart citrus which smells like Pixy Stix candy (I leave it up to you to discover the candy for yourself), and dries down to smell exactly like liquid fabric softener.

I've recently discovered a statement of the same sentiment on Facebook, which had been posted before I had ever tested Oceania, so I know I'm not the only one getting the fabric softener smell

To think that I was almost seduced into a blind purchase, by the beautiful bottling

Why, Roja Parfums, are you hurriedly pumping out blasé creations??

Oceania - yes but rather Adriatic coast
Easter gift unpacked - wow - Roja - a fragrance of the major league.
It started so nice - I could perceive citrus scents, freshness and I could even imagine the ocean. Unlike Cool Water, for example - much less sweet and fresher ... but suddenly the family-sized bottle of Nivea sunscreen fell into my ocean. The picture (William Turner - Fishermen on the Sea) abruptly gave way to the head cinema (Gerhard Polt - Man spricht deutsch)... crowded Adriatic beach, 1,000 milky creamed tourists with sunburn beginnings languishing in rows and rows in the sun, while ice cream sellers trudge through the shallow water).

Don't misunderstand - there's something about the scent. And also the Nivea accord is not unpleasant - but just not really "Ocean". Also the Flacon does not blow me away. Neither creative nor minimalist - somehow it looks like a relic from the 80s ... i once had a record by Olivia Newton John, called Xanadu ... somehow so in the aesthetics ..
DerRobinHalt
On the edge of perfection
Since up to now, strangely enough, no comment has been written about this fragrance and the Oceania also has a bad/medium rating, which is incomprehensible to me, I feel obliged to add my own comment about it.

When I ordered two Roja samples from dear Fortress, the Oligarch and the Oceania
After testing the Oligarch, I was sure that I had found my dream scent, but I still had no idea of the genius of Oceania. I tested it the following day and I was blown away The top note was in line with the oligarch 1:1, but then the Oceania became so much more beautiful, intense and flowery than the oligarch!
I felt like I was in seventh heaven and my arm was stuck to my nose all day long
*The scent:*
One perceives the lemon, grapefruit and lime very well in the beginning.
The transition to the heart note is almost seamless and the citrus is gently pushed into the background to make room for the rose geranium, jasmine and violet.
Now the fragrance also reaches a light soapiness. I can understand why some people here compare it to a Nivea cream, but I still find a big difference to the cream and the perfume.
The sandalwood and juniper berries are added to the base, hardly noticeable.

The silage and durability I find really mega, of course there are stronger and more persistent scents, no question. But for me the scent manages to be just intense enough not to be obtrusive, cause headaches and/or annoying.

The fragrance is in no situation or season inappropriate.

Whether the price is reasonable is a matter of debate, that has to be decided by everyone for himself, but he has convinced me.
The bottle will soon be allowed to move in with me ;-)

To come back to the title, for me a fragrance that is close to perfection, I can't imagine a better one at the moment.

MontanaBMontanaB 4 months ago
Finally added to my small collection. Simple clean aquatic with great performance and just enough performance and complexity
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Bright, realistic citruses and spices in the opening. Floral, marine, woody in the heart. In the drydown, it smells like a fabric softener.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 12 months ago
After a pronounced spicy-citric opening, this clean and soapy aquatic-floral Summer fragrance, settles to a gentle and dry earthy-woody base

by Fogge
by RobK
by Leppes97
by Leppes97

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums