Vetiver (2019) Parfum Cologne

Vetiver (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums

Vetiver (Parfum Cologne) is a new perfume by Roja Parfums for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-green.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Litsea cubeba
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose, Grasse jasmine, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesGalbanum, Celery seed, Pink pepper, Caraway, Nutmeg, Pepper, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Cedar needle, Gaiac wood, Amyris, Labdanum

Submitted by FrankHH, last update on 01.12.2019.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums, which differs in concentration.

9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Perfect Vetiver
I'd call the smell of vetiver tolerable. This ingredient may smell interesting on its own, but it's not exactly what you call a nose connoisseur. Earthy, smoky, burnt, somewhat bitter and strawy.

But as soon as Vetiver gets an appropriate odor counterweight, it grows beyond itself. Like a slice of cucumber in Pimms Cup No 1 or some celery seed in Coleslaw.

Obviously, however, it is a great art to dose and integrate vetiver in such a way as to create an optimal relationship between freshness, sweetness and earthy vetiver.

One of my favourite brands has solved this in such a way that Vetiver is barely perceptible, but still gives the fragrance its individual character. Other Vetiver fragrances emphasize the main ingredient more and focus on certain directions. So in the past I had to put some good vetiver scent aside with a heavy heart, because there was too much of this or that for me.

And I'm not the only one here looking for the perfect vetiver scent. Cause this stuff's got something. I think that at least an experienced man can hardly be better scented than with a good vetiver.

When I spray this Vetiver Cologne onto the palm of my hand, mix in some nourishing cream and rub it into my face after shaving, then I really feel perfectly nourished and scented. All day long.

The smokiness is very clear, but is compensated by a subtle citric freshness and a rich sweetness that perfectly outweighs the rough vetiver, but still does not dominate. If something slightly dominates here, it's the vetiver.

Overall, however, the picture is very round and balanced. I'd almost like to say it's the most perfect vetiver fragrance I've ever smelt. I feel extremely comfortable with it, because it satisfies my nose, but also smells very eloquent, so I like to go among people with it.

There's still the crazy prize to discuss. I find Roja's pricing policy very unappealing. The scents are good, no question. Everything I have smelt from this manufacturer so far is solid and of high quality. But you're targeting a clientele that wants to buy something special. The more expensive, the better. From the point of view of us scent friends who do not light their cigars with a hundred, it is deeply unfair that such beautiful products are only reserved for an elitist circle or leave too deep a mark on our account. With white truffles or Beluga caviar, I may still see such a pricing policy because the products are very rare and demand is high. But to offer such a fragrance for 270,- Euro is a strategy that I do not support. You can also overdo it.

Maybe I'll get a 30% discount sometime, then I'll get it.

From me a 'up!' on this scent and a 'fie!' for its price.

by CubaMike
by CubaMike

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Danger (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Amber by Roja Parfums Enslaved (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Ti Amo by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amore Mio by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Lilac by Roja Parfums Enigma / Creation-E (Parfum) by Roja Parfums