Suede 2020

Version from 2020
Suede (2020) by Rook Perfumes
Suede (2020) is a perfume by Rook Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is leathery-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSuedeSuede
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobaccoTobacco
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather

Submitted by PallasCC, last update on 20.02.2022.

The fragrance was reformulated in 2020 according to IFRA guidelines.

Uncompromising and Harsh
I had been on the look out for a pleasing smoky fragrance for quite some time so I decided to try a sampler trio of Rook perfumes as they all seemed to lean toward that olfactory property. Unfortunately they were not for me at all. Suede, of the three, was easily the worst. It smells to me like a chemical fire in a medicine cabinet and I had to scrub it almost as soon as I applied it to my skin. Despite doing this I still got a few raised eyebrows when I met my folks later in the day as they asked me what I'd been up to to smell so strangely.

I found the perfume extremely harsh and the people I was around later were perturbed even by the lingering residue despite my best efforts to remove it. I'm not a lover of overtly challenging scents like this as you have to consider others as well as yourself when wearing something so uncompromising. A big no from me for this one.

HONEST & UNCOMPROMISING
Nadeem describes this fragrance as a visit to a tanner. I would add that the man is definitely a chain smoker as well. :)

Well, and there is a strong, very animalistic, pungent smell that raw leather gives off. The smell that repels some is sexy as hell for others
You get a perfect impression why tanners and especially glove makers / tailors became the first professional perfumers, because they always had to hide and cover up the animal scent of their products to sell them at high prices to the lords and ladies of history.

This fragrance begins rough with a chord of pure animal leather, accompanied by a very dark tobacco fusion. Those who know Top Shelf from One Way Bridge have a good sense of the darkness of tobacco.

This uncompromising, but deeply honest union, dances on my skin for a good hour - wild, unbridled and untamed, before a powdery effect sets in, softening the burrs, but only enough not to get the unfiltered charge off - but still staying on the scented path that has been taken.

Yes, on my skin the chords are upside down, as if skipping the top note of suede and diving deep into the heart of the fragrance. So I don't really get suede at all. And there's nothing sweet about me either.

Tobacco and real leather - a reference for the fragrance of good traditional work.

But also nothing for tender souls.

PS: At my home there was unfortunately a veto for this fragrance. Nevertheless I think it is very wearable :)

It's all smoke and mirrors
by MrFumejunkie

Popular by Rook Perfumes

Undergrowth (2020) by Rook Perfumes Forest (2020) by Rook Perfumes Thurible (2018) by Rook Perfumes Rook (2020) by Rook Perfumes Amber (2020) by Rook Perfumes Thurible (2020) by Rook Perfumes Rook (2018) by Rook Perfumes Suede (2018) by Rook Perfumes Misk Albahr Almayit by Rook Perfumes Amber (2018) by Rook Perfumes Flaming Dandelion (Eau de Parfum) by Rook Perfumes The Greengrocer by Rook Perfumes Flaming Dandelion (Eau de Toilette) by Rook Perfumes Forest (2018) by Rook Perfumes Neroli by Rook Perfumes Undergrowth (2018) by Rook Perfumes Scent Of The Metaverse - Verse 1 by Rook Perfumes Misk by Rook Perfumes School by Rook Perfumes