Atramental 2015

Atramental by Room 1015
Atramental is a perfume by Room 1015 for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-smoky. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesResinsResins
SaffronSaffron
CastoreumCastoreum
Suederal®Suederal®

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.04.2021.

The smallest doll of Matryoshka
This scent reminds me of a Russian matryoshka, where the big, coarse dolls have to be dismantled one by one until the smallest, finest - the last doll comes out, which is not broken open anymore and remains.
After a massive start, which smells like a cold workshop with colours and solvents, I find myself in ever new rooms, until I finally find myself in a small warm, light-flooded room, in which freshly washed laundry and finest soaps exude a delicate sweet scent The incredible transformation of the fragrance on my skin, which I have never experienced before with any other perfume, takes almost three hours. But then he lingers for a long time and makes me feel good. Great cinema!
Egg Sweeping Whole Knilchsau
When I had more or less blindly taken "Atramental" with me in the Sale and then read the local commissioners, I was a little afraid - had I got myself a really dirty never-goer in the house? Don't misunderstand, I'm a fan of demanding, cracking, different and sometimes animal scents - but I want to wear them, too. And this as often as possible and not just once every three years during a walk through the forest alone. But luckily my queasy feeling was unfounded, because this soft metallic stinker is much more wearable and pleasant than you think.

I can't say anything about the tattoo connection, I'm not painted. However, I can express my opinion very well on the fragrance. "Atramental" starts with a citrine-powdery start and then slowly but surely peels out its resiny-beaver-geiles backbone. Together this results in an unusual mixture that is definitely not made for everyone and can be annoying. Fortunately, I don't. He's anything but uncomfortable or beastly, even to me. We made friends really quickly. Amazing and interesting, artsy and special. He could also be a comme of the Garcon. Positive synthetics. Slightly futuristic, but still dirty and "ballsy" enough not to slip too far into A-sexuality. A little oil, a little earth, a little new office building, a little braising fire - but everything is almost transparent, at least at the beginning. Of course, in the back he gets more boominess and hair. But only in the places where they belong, not on the teeth! Like an abstract doctor's office, a surreal pull of sweat and peace of mind.

Flacon: simple but noble
Sillage: leaves a good veil, but is not a monster after nobody can sleep anymore!
Shelf life: I would have expected more here too - 6-7 hours

Conclusion: one has not made an "animalic citrus" every day, especially not in such a pretty and competent way! Don't worry, he won't bite.

Cliché-sque dark rubber
Basing on the press release, Atramental shall be meant at evoking a “tattoo parlour”. The smell of ink and blood-stained latex gloves, bandages, pomades, rubber and plastic, the noise of the tattooing machines, the “rebel attitude” mood. I happen to be a tattoo enthusiast pretty much constantly craving for all of that, so I am perfectly familiar with that world and those suggestions. But even making an effort to link Atramental to that, I can’t help but thinking this scent has very little to do with it. Just a shallow, kind of cliché-sque connection to tattoing – “black rubberiness” as any copywriter would imagine by googling “tattooing”, and that’s all. And, anyway, press releases and “concepts” aside... things don’t get really that better. Atramental is basically a rubbery-balsamic leather-vetiver scent with some floral notes, maybe a sprinkle of musk (and oud?) and a clean, synthetic texture, as much wearable and really mildly enjoyable as kind of a massive déja-vu. Pretty much like a hipster version of some Montale’s crossed with some self-considered “avantgarde” niche brands like nu_be, both aiming at making a cheaper ripoff of a hypothetical “Fahrenheit Absolute by Comme des Garçons”. Ok, that looks entangled, but basically that would be the genre: “plastic” darkness, polished rubbery refinement, salty synthetic musky-dusty-woody base, a sprinkle of ambery dust. Not bad, this meaning not (overly) cheap, but utterly negligible for me, especially at that price.

5/10

HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Starts fresh, soon densifies into a dark leathery-smoky resinous composition. (Synthetic-) transparent touch is quite interesting.

Room 1118
by Seejungfrau
by RomanaFrangi
by RomanaFrangi
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Room 1015

Cherry Punk by Room 1015 Yesterday by Room 1015 Electric Wood by Room 1015 Blomma Cult by Room 1015 Sweet Leaf by Room 1015 Ten Fifteen by Room 1015 Hollyrose by Room 1015 Power Ballad by Room 1015