5 - Floral, Amber, Sensual Musk 2017

5 - Floral, Amber, Sensual Musk by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions
5 - Floral, Amber, Sensual Musk is a popular perfume by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Rosendo Mateu

SpicesSpices
CarnationCarnation
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.10.2021.

What is this...
I didn't quite know if I should write this review. I hope that I am not now burned at the stake. I will also not dare to rate the fragrance, because I do not even know how.
Am too curious if anyone else has had this or a similar experience.

Almost everyone here loves this fragrance and adores it. So I got myself a bottling and sprayed half a (!!!) spritz on my wrist after showering.

And then my excitement turned into an evening I won't forget for a while. The whole room filled up, like a rain cloud moving in. I then went into the living room and wanted to continue watching my series. I still had to go straight out for some fresh air. I was totally overwhelmed. An enormous uncomfortable feeling spread in me, even my eyes became glassy. (This all sounds really weird now, sorry for that!) I felt taken in by him. I then tried to wash it off several times. With soap, coffee, vinegar and I tried to trump the scent with disinfectant. It just wouldn't go away. It was like he was telling me I had to put up with him. He wouldn't let me forget him. I can't explain what it is in him that triggers me so. I don't know. I can't place it, but he caught me off guard tremendously.

And now the funny thing...
I can imagine being attracted to him on someone else. It smelled like sex later on, totally intense and euphoric (despite trying to wash it off forever, it was as intense as if I had freshly sprayed it on). Even though it got me so wasted, I had to smell it. What is it? I've never experienced anything like it and I don't know if I never want to smell it again or eagerly await smelling it on someone else on the streets.
The next morning, everything smelled like him too. The bathroom where I was just trying to wash him off was taken by him.

My bottling is going elsewhere with a whole lot of respect.
It's a masterpiece... whether you like it or not.
Wonderful
A wonderful, addictive, unique, sexy and expensive smelling fragrance. One of my favorites at the moment. It was love at first sniff. I had ordered another fragrance and the greeting card had RM5 sprayed on it as a sample. I was immediately taken with it and ordered it. Currently I wear it almost every day and can't get enough of it. Warm, spicy, attractive
Beautiful synthetic spice musk
I also received this fragrance from @IsabelleV. Thanks for that!

Here, for me, a creamy synthetic musk and spices are dominant. The vanilla and the flowers play a subordinate role.

Overall, I find the spice-musk combination interesting. Durability and sillage are good
A statement scent
It's fascinating... after the first smell, the filling landed directly back in the corner, because the fragrance did not appeal to me at all. Well; now the bottle is in my closet and was allowed to expand my collection. Especially with niche fragrances it is so that I do not like them right away or I am immediately flashed, but I often have to give the fragrances time. & only then do I fall in love. It was the same with sensual musk number 5. This fragrance is absolutely unique & I don't know of any that resemble it, which makes it that little bit more "special". With this scent, I can & will talk less about the individual scent notes but what this scent is to me: a warm, very spicy, slightly feminine scent that gives you a certain warmth. It seems insanely attractive but still has some rough edges (not disturbing for me), which makes it so special! Regarding durability: Beastmode, more is not to be added. The scent is room filling and everyone will notice it. It has definitely captivated me & right now I wear it daily and it doesn't get boring. I catch myself wearing it all the time...with my nose on my arm. It's worth a try if the scents appeal to you. Very, very great scent
Connie
Heavenly is almost an understatement... First Impression...
Wow, an incredible scent...I am admittedly very very critical and very very picky when it comes to perfume. I almost only test niche because exceptional scents are my great passion.... I have my personal top 10 on my favorite fragrances of all time.... It's not easy for a fragrance to get on my list because I find some notes just creepy but this fragrance immediately catapulted into the top 5. The just conquered me immediately..

What a fragrance.. Rarely have I tested such a beguiling fragrance... A paradisiacal fragrance of musk, amber and spices... Clearly play musk and amber the main roles but also a beautiful soft vanilla scent plays from the beginning of a great supporting role. It is definitely an evening scent in my opinion and not for everyday wear. The scent is heavy and polarizing as a musk/ amber bomb....

For me unisex though I see the scent more on a woman.... I pray to the H+S no deductions in the B grade cause..
Musk Heaven !
"Na looos..give it a go. You'll like this one"

That was my thought before I ordered him blindly..
Several times I had already seen the fragrances of Rosendo Mateu in Youtubevideos. But much on Parfumo was not to read.
So I put off the whole thing before me... but we all know it : The desire for a fragrance grabs you and you order it actually faster than your wallet would like it :)

No sooner said than done ...

Picked up package from my parents and drove back to the office thinking "I'm not opening this package until I get back home..."
So felt 7 seconds later I already had the scissors in my hand to open the box :)

I open the package and spray directly one time on the surface of my hand....
Actually, I could have gone from the second to the end of the day, as I was not mentally befuddled by this insane scent.

For me, he smells in the first minutes somehow like marzipan. Eat I do the reluctantly... but in the top note paired with something floral has me this fascinating openin almost blown away.
I must admit that I can not smell the specified "spices"..
Very much, however, the garden carnation. Oh my God...it's heavenly. That enhances this fragrance so insanely and gives it such a beautiful depth together with the vanilla. Simply great !!!

And then the musk... People more seductive and sensual you can not do that. I think that the super well suited when an evening for two is pending ;)

The performance is absolutely Beastmode.
On clothes holds the days. Flacon high quality as well as the packaging.

In addition, the RM No5 is definitely unisex. Accordingly, I would be able to imagine the definitely also at a woman.

Bottom line, a super interesting and uniquer fragrance, which offers a super price-performance ratio for the niche world and definitely times nercher worth is.

Gracias Señor Mateu !

THE ONE
Rosendo mateu 5 =must try,must have in collection,must wear,must adore,must loveeeeee,must be the one that allways have a place in podium off all time perfumes...
Everytime my girlfriend wears it,she has a wonderful compliment,the people who asks about the smell just stay open mouth with this lovelly and powerful scent...for me it as the best sillage and longevity off all them...with Rosendo 5 u just feel the best off the world even in shitty days...just one word: so greatfull to meet u Rosendo 5...u will became part off my live
One night with Hannah
We met in a tiny, stinky bar in any small German town. At the weekends, we had the choice to go to the cinema, to a rock disco or to this one bar that was located in the basement of a mediocre restaurant. Normally, I would never in my life have visited such an almost run-down place. The atmosphere was like something out of a worse 80's movie: dimmed lights, bizarre music, unmotivated employees. And in addition a disgusting, almost acrid smell of musty, damp cellar and cold smoke.

Without any ulterior motive I went to this bar at that time, I just felt like having a drink in combination with a good conversation. When I just stared into two empty eyes at my order "A White Russian, please" and then declared that the Lord would please mix me vodka, Kahlua and milk with a good portion of ice cream and took a look at the audience there, I knew that I needed a lot of luck to get at least a halfway decent drink. At this point I put the good conversation to one side.

I sat down and watched the events from a healthy distance. Young One-Million and Sauvage wearers, who wanted to impress the Lady-Million and La-Vie-Est-Belle wearers with their coolness when drinking beer and their pseudo-skillful moves when playing table football.
The White Russian I ordered was impeccable, to my delight. Even the bar in Miami, where I had treated myself to the same drink during a business trip a few days ago for the horrendous price of US$ 23, would not have been able to make the drink as well as here.

So while I was sipping my really good White Russian and noticed the prelude of ice-cold milk, coffee liqueur and a slightly alcoholic vodka note, I noticed something else at the other end of the tiny room, which immediately aroused my interest.
There she sat, in a short, beige evening dress, with beautiful, almost golden curly long hair. She was wearing make-up, but only subtle. She was wearing a discreet golden necklace with a tiny pendant, which I hadn't even noticed at that moment. Over her beige evening dress she casually wore a black leather jacket, which could easily have been her boyfriend's or father's, since it was at least four sizes too big for her. With her huge blue eyes she looked at me and smiled shyly. And although I interpret her smile as shy, I now believe that she knew exactly what she was doing.

And while I was still thinking of a suitable saying to address her skillfully and to distinguish myself from the beer-drinking one million faction, the next moment she was already sitting next to me on the red bench and naturally stretched out her hand to me and said "If you wanted to know my name: My name is Hannah!". I did not even remember what happened to me. Meekly I introduced myself. She stared at me with eagle eyes only to say very coldly "You're not from here, are you? I confirmed her assumption, told her where I came from, what I was doing here and explained to her how great the White Russian was here. I ordered one for her and another one for me. But before Hannah could say anything, I had already noticed her scent: Besides the nuances of the White Russian that was on my table, I smelled her leather jacket, which on closer inspection was an extremely expensive designer leather jacket. The leather smelled noble and took up almost the entire space around her.
While we talked about which movies we liked, what our favorite cocktail was, how we believed the earth had come into being and both were firmly convinced that ducks have something magical about them, I kept noticing their perfume. It smelled seductively of sweet flowers, almost bitter vanilla and very calming amber.
As the conversation progressed, we both noticed our passion for travel, I told her about all the places I had lived and worked, and she told me how she dreamt of Moscow and Paris. I told her that I had to fly to Moscow the next weekend for work and that she should come with me. She just smiled and said "We'll see if you get in touch with me tomorrow!" As we talked like this, we got closer and closer. I stroked the back of her hand and she had her arm around my shoulders.

When I came closer to her with my head to whisper into her ear how good she smelled, I noticed, in addition to the previous fragrance composition, a huge load of musk, which I had not noticed before. It may be that I had missed the musk because the leather jacket and the strong scents were drowned out by the sugar-sweet flowers, the almost masculine vanilla and the beautiful amber. But now that I had gotten so close to her, I also smelled the musk, which seemed almost masculine, but was still beautiful on this woman.

When I complimented her, all she said was, "Do you want ice cream?" Without even waiting for my answer, she took my hand and we left. The cold air blew around our ears as we left the bar. She only wore her short dress and over it this heavy leather jacket. She shivered. I took her in my arms. "Where's the ice cream now?" she asked me. With a shrug of the shoulders I replied "I don't know, I'm not from here! So we walked through the city and actually found another ice cream parlour that was open at this time of the year. Once there, we both ordered a vanilla ice cream shake. An extra large one. With cream.
The milk was ice-cold and the vanilla ice cream was not sweet at all, it must have been real vanilla, that's how high quality this shake was. We looked at each other again and again and again and again something of its fine scent paired with this designer leather jacket blew over to me. "Whose leather jacket is this?" I asked her at some point. "Your friend's? Or your dad?". She just grinned and said "If it was my boyfriend's, we wouldn't be here now!"

When we left the ice cream parlor, we took each other in our arms and held each other for a moment. She smelled so damn good. We looked into each other's eyes once more and finally gave each other the kiss I had been waiting for all evening. I tasted the vanilla ice-cream shake again and smelled again this jacket, her perfume and now again a bit of the White Russian we had a few hours ago.

"I gotta go," she said.
"How? Now?" I asked, disappointed.
"Yes, now. But call me tomorrow," she replied and gave me another kiss.
"But how do I find you, Hannah?" "You'll think of something," she grinned, gave me a very last kiss and disappeared.

In the morning I could still smell her scent on me.
I started the mill and googled it with a cheerful smile.
Then I found it:

Rosendo Mateu - 5 - Floral, Amber, Sensual Musk.

Parallels are pure coincidence and Hannah may never have existed. My signature scent in winter, on the other hand, already exists: RM - 5

Elegant, Sensual, Decadente
As the name implies, the nr. 5 by Rosendo Mateu is a floral fragrance with the sweetness of the amber and an alluring musk.
From the beginning, we felt an addictive rubber aroma that protrudes from our skin. The smell is comforting but very light and sensual. Carnation and lily of the valley softens the scent and makes it slightly feminine. However, it is a perfectly unisex perfume that I love to use. The projection is very good and it is a delight to feel the breath of that aroma in the nostrils. Performance is also very good.
One of the best perfumes I've ever wear.

#floral #amber #musk

MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
I don’t get the hype except that it’s a beast! It smells like one of my moms old perfumes I think Ulric de Varens a pink one..
TRehfTRehf 2 months ago
Best way to describe it: musky marzipan. Reminds me strongly of the smells from the Middle East that are not Oud-based. Beastly performance.
CCatalina1CCatalina1 3 months ago
One of the most sensual,musky,addictive ambergris fragrance i own.The opening is a bit petroleum like,but then...heaven! Compliments getter
MrLawmanMrLawman 5 months ago
I would reclassify the fragrance notes from the name as follows: musk, amber and florals. Buttery musk and amber resting on a bed of flowers
Blako11Blako11 6 months ago
Una auténtica bestia, inunda una habitación y proyecta horas y horas (Al menos en mi caso), se hace muy presente.
JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 7 months ago
I can't describe how addictive this smell is. Sweet, spicy, powdery musk, with a hint of florals. I sniff the cap daily, truly remarkable.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
A rather dry and dusty, yet linear oriental spicy-floral Winter fragrance, balanced by a solid resinous-sweet base. Nice musk-amber combo!
RonniweRonniwe 8 months ago
Perfume que huele sexy, cumplidos asegurados, no vas a desgradar a nadie, 10/10.
ExxellenceExxellence 1 year ago
It reminds me of Xerjoff Amber Star.
Dry smoky nutty oriental. Not bad, nice blend but def not for me.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
This is a 10/10, stupidly long-lasting fragrance with one of the most addictive smells I've ever sniffed. Unisex sexiness.

by VinceVega
by Friedel
by Tcova
by Tcova

Popular Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions

6 - Jasmin, Sandalwood, Oriental Musk by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions 1 - Bergamot, Tea Leaf, Sandal Wood by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions Black Collection - Incense Wood by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions 3 - Neroli, Iris, White Musk by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions 4 - Saffron, Oud, Vanilla by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions 2 - Citrus, Wood, Suede Leather by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions Black Collection - Sweet Rose by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions Black Collection - Fresh Oud by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions 2 - Lavender, Spicy, Chocolate by Rosendo Mateu - Olfactive Expressions