Provenance Tales - Embers 2013

Provenance Tales - Embers by Rouge Bunny Rouge
Bottle Design Grisha Serov
Provenance Tales - Embers is a popular perfume by Rouge Bunny Rouge for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Nutmeg, Clove
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Freesia, Jasmine, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesStyrax, Peru balsam, Sandalwood

Submitted by Mandelmaus, last update on 10.02.2020.

The "Provenance Tales" collection is inspired by the four antique elements.

Ember under control
I would call it conservative ember, no risk of fire here. So take off your marshal helmet sit down and relax.

The opening is wild a lot of pepper, fresh spices you don't know how it will develop. But minutes later we already know we have everything under control. We don't have elemental struggle here, the heat is here but kept it in check. I swear I can feel amber while it drys down.

Very nice worm, not invasive scent. Perfect for office in cold days. Great longevity and mediocre sillage

Too Much Time Spent in Hiding
As you might expect, Embers starts off smoky. Within fifteen minutes, it becomes a smoky vetiver, which isn’t bad, but it isn’t the same -- I love the initial whiff of burning woods. After four hours, it has become this wispy ozonic scent – I’m guessing the cistus and freesia. Weirdly I get whiffs of the frankincense in hours 5 onward, though I don’t smell it directly when sniffing my wrists. Sniffing my wrists gives me only the ozonic smell and the faint scent of burning.

Embers is an interesting scent – fits the name perfectly – but I don't exactly enjoy the experience. I want my fragrance to be easily detectable. With Embers, I was often not sure if it was there. I can see that this might prove mysterious on someone, however. 7 hours in, it is barely there – a ghost of a scent, a faintly ozonic turned sweetish with whiffs of frankincense. I’ve never experienced a fragrance that does the hide-and-seek thing as well as this does.

Overall, I think this is an interesting scent, but not a mandatory one. If you like incense, Passage De Enfer or Cardinal is for you; if you like smoke, then Hearth by Criminal Elements is your thing; I suppose Embers is for those who want to have a fragrance journey and experience the slow dying and dissipation of a scent – ordinarily this would appeal to me, but it’s just too ephemeral to really experience it. This fragrance (like all) gradually dies away, but Embers emphasizes that aspect, and that makes it difficult to relate to; longevity is outstanding at 22 hours.

And that final irony or juxtaposition sums up Embers - hiding, disappearing, fading but longlasting. On the right person, no doubt it is charming and mysterious. On me, it spent too much time in hiding.

Popular Rouge Bunny Rouge

Chatoyant by Rouge Bunny Rouge Lilt by Rouge Bunny Rouge Provenance Tales - Tundra by Rouge Bunny Rouge Vespers by Rouge Bunny Rouge Tenera by Rouge Bunny Rouge Allegria by Rouge Bunny Rouge Incantation by Rouge Bunny Rouge Provenance Tales - Cynefin by Rouge Bunny Rouge Provenance Tales - Silvan by Rouge Bunny Rouge Provenance Tales - Silhouette by Rouge Bunny Rouge Arcadia by Rouge Bunny Rouge Muse by Rouge Bunny Rouge