Noir by S.T. Dupont
Noir is a perfume by S.T. Dupont for men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-sweet. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums.

Michel Girard

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Lavender, Mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesHazelnut, Cashmere wood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.05.2021.

AlterHerr
Today I show myself from my chocolate side
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

When Axe Dark Temptation came on the market, I myself had long since reached an age in which I was far more enthusiastic about good food, than for new acquaintances. Besides, I had found the great love and really the best woman in the world long ago, and unfortunately had to mourn her far too soon. Due to this fact, I shopped for my first Axe product more in the prospect of its cocoa-like profile than in terms of the idea of bouncing around downtown like a rock star.

Still, my then-grown sons had to grin when they spied the relevant merchandise in my bathroom during a visit. "UUh, Dad's hitting the town...," they commiserated. Yes - the Axe effect was on everyone's lips at the time thanks to the omnipresent adverts, although the chauvinism celebrated there honestly also just seems ridiculous in retrospect.

Now the dark Axe products have me aromatechnisch not really deeply disappointed, but the durability of the fragrance was naturally rather low.
The blind purchase of S.T. Dupont Noir was able to surprise me all the more positively.

The somewhat undifferentiated-dubious top note can be safely passed over, since it evaporates anyway very quickly, but should mention all the more the successful subsequent composition, in which I truly develop the feeling to wrap my "I" with a delicate touch of nougat chocolate.

Cloves and hazelnut seem anything but synthetic in the dryout, and actually manage to fix a cocoa-like aroma profile on the skin. I speak here, of course, not of a sugary sweet amber oud bomb from the high-price segment, but just when the latter are a little annoying due to the weather or weariness, then you will find a more than pleasant, light alternative with S.T. Duponts Noir.

Especially in the warm summer months, in which the favorite chocolate varieties of the delicatessen are not delivered, one misses them all the more passionately, heavy fragrances too much wear, but you feel no desire at all for something citrus-aquatic, the hour of Noir strikes.

My recipe:
A long shower with Dark Temptation shower gel, then some skincare with the Chocolat
Hand & Body Lotion by Bettina Barty (yes - I know dear cosmetics professionals that you should really only use ph neutral soap in the summer), and then fix the cocoa profile with S.T. Dupont Noir.
If you then still crown the whole thing with an appropriate breakfast (cough...Esze...- yes - grandfathers can also be child heads), then the day can only succeed.

The glossy black, monolithic bottle is particularly well done in this product, by the way, which was the real reason for my blind purchase at the time, and the more than silly low price comes as icing on the cake.

Bon appetite...

A hidden gem
It is currently available for under $20 on online stores and is one of the best men's colognes in its price range. The opening of it starts with a refreshing lavender that reminds me of Lanvin L'Homme or 90's style fougere. But Noir eventually goes in a completely different direction. As the freshness begins to get buried in a slightly heavier spices, it gradually comes up with a sweetness like lokum, in an unfamiliar way, and it's almost gourmand. And at the end it scents like pencil crumbs. I love this drydown. Not dry woody but mixed with mildly textured vetiver.

Noir is sweeter than average, so it won't suit for a mature adult, I think. However that doesn't even seem to be for young people. In my opinion, it is not for a specific age group, but for men who are tired of ordinary colognes. Anyway it's clear that despite its low price, it has decent quality and decent originality. It's hard to understand why this one is so unknown. Is it just because it doesn't follow mainstream trends? If you want to get a unique cologne for a small cost, it is worth a try. My only complaint is the performance which is not very impressive. But it become ok after 6+ sprays.

Sharp, green, spicy....
St. Dupont Noir opens with a green sharpness and spiciness and stays that way to the dry-down. I can smell the mint in the opening, but in the dry-down I mostly smell the nutmeg and other spices. This smells synthetic to me and a little soapy but still great. I was hoping for a darker fragrance and I'm okay with this one. Would be great for a younger guy, clubbing, dating, etc., but still great for the over 40 crowd as well. I give this a 6 / 10 because the dry-down isn't as pleasant as others like this one in the marketplace.

by Irini
by Irini
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular S.T. Dupont

Vanilla & Leather by S.T. Dupont Royal Amber by S.T. Dupont Noble Wood by S.T. Dupont Perfect Tobacco by S.T. Dupont Souvenirs de Malles - Oud et Santal by S.T. Dupont S.T. Dupont pour Femme by S.T. Dupont Signature for Men (Eau de Toilette) by S.T. Dupont Oud & Rose by S.T. Dupont S.T. Dupont pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by S.T. Dupont Be Exceptional Gold by S.T. Dupont Be Exceptional by S.T. Dupont Passenger pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by S.T. Dupont Passenger pour Femme by S.T. Dupont Orazuli by S.T. Dupont 58 Avenue Montaigne pour Homme by S.T. Dupont Souvenirs de Malles - Oud Oriental by S.T. Dupont S.T. Dupont Intense pour Femme by S.T. Dupont Essence Pure pour Femme by S.T. Dupont So Dupont pour Homme by S.T. Dupont Essence Pure Ice pour Homme by S.T. Dupont