Onyx by Sage Machado

Onyx is a perfume by Sage Machado for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut
Heart Notes Heart NotesOakmoss, Tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Tivellon, last update on 22.05.2016.

PBullFriend
in her room, at the beach
The edt and the oil of this are extremely different. I gave this a high rating because I enjoy the oil so much.
I bought a decant of Onyx edt from the Surrender to Chance sample website. The edt took me to the bedroom of a teenage girl in the 1970s. (I have been to several such places - I think this was a composite of several rooms.) I smelled an open pack of cigarettes, a hint of coconut suntan lotion, some dust balls under the bed, and a hint of burned incense. (The girl probably lit some to hide her cigarette smoking.) It was a lovely bit of reminiscence and made me a bit wistful, but it wasn't especially how I wanted to smell. It had mostly disappeared in two hours.

The oil, though, brings back a carefree day at the beach in the 1970s, with Bain de Soleil orange gelee slathered on my warm skin. (This was in the days when suntan lotion didn't even contain SPF ratings!) Coconut and wood and sunshine - really delightful! Today, I put a dollop of it at the base of my throat before going to work and was still smiling at its sunshine smell when I left the office. It greatly brightened a cold, rainy day, and I think I'll be using it for that purpose throughout the winter. It's also quite a good value - Luckyscent carries a 1/8 oz perfume oil in a pretty little container for $45 USD, which ought to last any but the most extravagant applier a long time.

Popular Sage Machado