Private Black 2018

Private Black by Saint Hilaire
Private Black is a popular perfume by Saint Hilaire for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by New Deal.

BergamotBergamot SaffronSaffron CinnamonCinnamon OudOud MuskMusk AmberAmber

Submitted by Psotka, last update on 02.12.2021.

Smoke resin rose, saffronized
Could be a Montale. Might as well. Isserabernicht!
But always comparable. In fragrance quality, shelf life and sillage. Only not in the price. And yet "Private Black" isn't a "cheap" scent. So between 40 and 50 euros per 100 ml.
A third price for full fragrance. So isses.
And he's unusual, too. Smoked with incense and myrrh (not in the pyramid above)
Geharzt with balsamic ingredients. Woody with cedar and oud, warm spicy with cinnamon and amber. Packed in slightly hot saffron. And a huge bouquet of dark red spicy and tannic-floral roses.
For women and men who want to stand out from the crowd without being "nischig-schrill".
Casual elegance, I think, is the right word for it. Without exaggeration and loud information.
Besides strong and adult, warm-hearted and dormant.
While saffron and roses predominate first, the smoky note creeps in almost imperceptibly until it can be clearly perceived.
In this phase the warm woods and the cinnamon are also "activated", slightly powdery with tiny "prickers" in between. The Amber plays a subordinate role, but without him something important would be missing.
The roses always shimmer through to the end of the fragrance after hours. As if by a fine glaze on natural wood.
The scent is very suspicious of a bestseller.... (if you would find him more often...!!)
Probably only available in France at the moment, but if he "gets around, maybe soon with us too!?!?

Carlitos01
An unknown noir fragrance and brand that impressed me!
For the time being I am writing just a very short review. I will edit it later to complete the information about this perfume. I just notice now that I am its only user so far and this juice is VERY GOOD. I suspect that Private Black is an anonymous fragrance because only very recently Bruno Saint Hilaire began to design and to market its own perfumes. I believe that this line of business debut occurred in the current year - 2018.
For those not knowing the Saint Hilaire brand, they are a very well established fashion wear company.

Saint Hilaire Private Black reveals all the captivating power of an oriental, woody and spicy composition with bergamot top notes. The heart is hot and spicy and mixes saffron and cinnamon. In the bottom, the very well behaved oud wood leaves a mysterious imprint whose intensity obsesses under the impulse of an heavy and almost animalic musk and with lingering balsamic amber notes and a perceived ambiance of incense and myrrh.
It is dark and smoky just the way I love it.
The drydown is all about an accord of oud very well blended with amber and the dominant musk.
Performance is above average. Its presentation it's a not innovative but it's agreeable.
I bought my fragrance in ShowroomPrivè and it costed me 14 Euros. Currently is selling for 18 Euros in the net and for 39 Euros in the Saint Hilaire shops. I imagine that it is only possible to blind buy it as I did. Believe me It's a very good "noir" perfume and it's certainly going to become more expensive.

I attribute to this fragrance a global rating of 8.50/10.00

Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
This is a very interesting perfume to say the least. It's dark and smoky; I really enjoy it.
I blind bought it and I'm glad I did it.

by Carlitos01
by Kortha
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular by Saint Hilaire

Ambre Chic by Saint Hilaire Oud Ultime by Saint Hilaire Iris Absolu by Saint Hilaire Private Gold by Saint Hilaire Private Grey by Saint Hilaire Private Blue by Saint Hilaire Private Red by Saint Hilaire Santal Subtil by Saint Hilaire Private Ball by Saint Hilaire Private White by Saint Hilaire