Dali (2011) Eau de Toilette

Dali (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali

Dali (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvador Dali for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Cofinluxe / Cofci.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange blossom, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Magnolia, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.10.2018

10.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Never judge by appearance
I hadn't had the opportunity to test this hard-to-find fragrance, so it was with both thrill and deep worry that I took the lid off. It seems like 1/3 of Dali perfumes are wonderful, and the rest are so fleeting I'd say they're pretty useless.
From the looks of all this clear transparency, I expected something very fleeting, light, aquatic, breezy, ethereal... in short: maybe very nice, but way too weak for my liking.
Well, I was wrong. Very wrong. It is indeed lighter than the original Salvador Dali (almost everything is), but it's rich and warm and potent. It opens fresh and a bit sharp, almost aldehydic to my nose. Rather prominent jasmine, softened up by the rose. I'm not sure I get much of the magnolia. The flowery heart is very well-balanced. Not sweet, yet warm and inviting. In the base the woods balance out the vanilla well and keeps the sweetness on a short leash.

I wouldn't call it particularly complex, but it's elegant and balanced. Adult - or maybe not, I'm sure my 13-yr old daughter will like it and I can totally see hear wearing it. But it's still adult?
I would wear it for any occasion, with any outfit. I often say that about perfumes that lack personality, but I don't think that's the case here. I am really happy I got this gem.

Afterthought: I have loved each and every one of the Dali perfumes in the lip bottles that I ever tried - and all the others are boring and weak to me. That is really strange.

by EvaK
by EvaK

Popular Salvador Dali

Laguna by Salvador Dali Dali pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali (1983) (Parfum de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dalissime by Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali (1995) (Parfum de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali Fabulous 1 (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Salvador Dali Purplelips by Salvador Dali Black Sun by Salvador Dali Sea & Sun in Cadaquès by Salvador Dali Salvador (1992) (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Eau de Rubylips by Salvador Dali Laguna Maravilla (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dalimania by Salvador Dali Purplelips Sensual by Salvador Dali Itislove (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali Wild by Salvador Dali Dalimix by Salvador Dali Dali (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Daliflor by Salvador Dali