Dali pour Homme (1987) Eau de Toilette

Dali pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali
Bottle Design: Luigi Bormioli

Dali pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvador Dali for men and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-animal. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Cofinluxe / Cofci.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Basil, Bergamot, Tarragon, Lavender, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Moss, Geranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.06.2019

9.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Surrealism in the bottle
Early July. No summer weather. Rain and wind determined the scenery.

Horrible. In this weather we should sit in the stadium for at least three hours?

Grandstand, it'll be dry in there. Maybe we'll also be a little spared from the wind.

Nothing for a pure summer scent. It could have been something stronger. Let's go, let's go - Powerhouse! The Dali! Fragrance accompaniment throughout the day - guaranteed! Fine dosage impossible. Sisyphos sends its greetings as the fragrance is broken down into its components. This fragrance does not develop, it is there and must be worn like this.

In the afternoon in the stadium, it rained, the wind drove the water up to the roof of the grandstand. My thick hoodie (today it's called Hoodie) kept me warm.
The people in the interior stretched out their umbrellas. Despite the weather, the mood was terrific!

For these occasions, this dark scent is made. Erotic, dark, decadent, attractive.

Let's rock!

With the girl next to me, came from Dortmund, I had exchanged a few words. To my right, stood our pack. The girl on the left, clearly moved up. You smell so nice and warm
The rain stopped for an interruption. In the middle the umbrellas were pulled in. I tried to discover my neighbour Michi. In vain. He discovered me and started mobilizing the people around him. After a short time the half interior waved up to me.
The grandstand reacted and waved back into the interior. The mood continued to rise!

It got warmer on the left now. The scent really seemed to have a certain attraction.

The musicians entered the stage, the concert began. The mood was at its peak.
But, somehow the band didn't find a connection to the audience. We were in a much too good mood. So we enjoyed the musical accompaniment and cheered ourselves on. In retrospect, I have to say that playing a CD (that was almost new at the time) would have done the trick.

Only the scent seemed to create tension, also behind me was clearly moved up.

The band played down their program stoically, the usual two encores. No goodbyes. At some point the stage went dark. Fireworks, burned down. I guess that was an invitation to leave...
We left the scene of the event.

The Dali and the girl next door were still glued to me. We briefly exchanged addresses and phone numbers and then, I went with our pack to the bully. She disappeared with her clique in the direction of Bahnhof.

We talked on the phone a few more times, and at some point the calls stopped. The Dali has also left in the meantime. He had his time.

Excuse me for not doing a detailed analysis of this fragrance here, but I can't do that. Except for a freshness that didn't go with him, he brought everything. He appeared with such force that my nose was overwhelmed with the smell of individual nuances. I have always accepted it as a total work of art. A finished image.

Powerhouse! ...and a little surrealistic. Whether Thierry Water and Salvador Dali ever met?

When assessing the shelf life, I must think of the end of many fairy tales:
...and if they didn't die ...,
transferred to the Dali: ...and if I hadn't washed ...
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

No questions, no answers
Somewhere in a little, a little dim, bar. Time didn't matter.
Actually, there wasn't much going on. The Bloody Mary was well mixed, yet she didn't really want to taste good. The glances wandered around, all around only isolated people, who followed their thoughts, held on to their glasses and listened to the music.
Well, after the next song I'll go, she thought so. Another sip.
The door opened and a breath of cool air came in from outside. Their eyes met. He went purposefully towards the bar, where she sat alone. As if by chance, he stopped right next to her when he ordered a double whisky. Suddenly there was this smell in the room. She'd never smelled anything like it before. Strange, attractive, strong, masculine, bitter, even wild and unruly, somehow the scent had something deep and animal about it. And yet she liked it, even very much.
She sat down and played with her bracelet. Actually, she never wore much jewelry, only this bracelet was her favorite piece. A memory of earlier times.
He cheered at her and she smiled involuntarily. Once again this unbelievable erotic fragrance in itself absorb.
Did she have a closer look at him? In the semi-darkness he seemed tall, manly-edged, strong, he had something mysterious about him, almost something mysterious surrounded him, an almost tangible fascination surrounded him.
Not a word. The glances met again. He took her hand and dragged her with him to the small dance floor where there was no human being. He pulled them tight and they swayed to the slow tempting melody.
And she perceived his scent again. There was a charisma she couldn't escape. She tried to unravel why he had such an almost magical fascination, but she did not succeed.

There was a crackling erotic tension in the air, from its warmth, from its radiance it let itself simply be carried away. They had still not exchanged a single word, but there was an intimate understanding between them that seemed almost scary to her and yet familiar. And she just let it happen, didn't want to ask, didn't want any answers.
They looked at each other again. He took her hand and led her out into the night...

...

She awoke. She was alone. One room, sheets rumpled, clothes scattered all over the floor. She pulled the blanket tighter and there was that wild, bitter scent again. The smell of a night. The crackling tension was still in the air and she felt incredibly comfortable, immersed in the blurry memories of the last hours. Not a word was said. And she knew she'd never see him again.
But she would never forget his unique smell, which could still be felt for hours.
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Lighting the dark
A very complex fragrance. Unique and distinct. A masterpiece. It's termed horror, dark, ugly etc... Perhaps by the admirers of today's fragrances, when most fragrances resemble each other and excite your salivary glands instead of the olfactory nerves. For them, yes, surely, this sublime SDPH creation is like a thunder in the softness of the head. It requires the education of the olfactory sense, which once made this miracle of perfume can be appreciated at its true value.
This perfume is masculine in excellence, but it is not for today's effeminate males, but for mature, evolved, serious men and self contained. A perfume with sad notes, but not necessarily morbid. No resemblance to urinal Kouros (as some say), SDPH is patchoulic. He's hot in his heart, but with a cool upper dominance wrapping him up. It opens with a symphony of strong flavors, where the citrus, anise, salvia, basil and tarragon (I love tarragon!) feel, and slowly calm down, finally changing his personality with notes of patchouli, vanilla, resin and leather.
The performances are good, with 2-3 hours of force and sillage (on me). It then calms, remaining discreet, but present for up to 16 hours on the skin. Patchouli is his last twinge and feels fine even at 24 hours. A great fragrance for special souls.
10.0 7.5 10.0 9.0/10

A kiss or a whisper...
This is a fragrance foreseen in nightmares.
I have a suspicion that this was what Colonel Walter E. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now was talking about when quoting "The horror! The horror!" from Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness".
In a recently discovered letter from Howard Philips Lovecraft to Clark Ashton Smith, in which Lovecraft describes one of his nightmares, the following passage was surely portending the birth of an anomaly like Salvador Dali pour Homme, some 50 years before its coming.

"...I dreamt of a dark pond amidst a desolated garden with long dead rose bushes. Its green, stagnant water was shimmering under an alien moon, emanating an unbearable foreboding of great evil. I was standing mesmerised in front of it, staring at its unfathomable depths, and completely unable to avert my eyes. And then I heard a cacophonous, orgiastic commotion of fifes coming from the ominous line of trees in the distance. And like answering to a call, the water begun to stir, like something unimaginably dreadful was about to emerge any moment. And along with the tumultuousness of the water, there came the smell...Oh dear God, the smell...
With a terrifying feeling that something was standing right behind me, I woke up drenched in sweat, and shaking. The last thing I remember from my dream was a fleeting glimpse of a pair of pitch black lips over my shoulder, whispering "I shall find you..." And although I'm sure that it was my imagination playing tricks on me, I'd swear that for what felt like an eternity, although it was only a few seconds, the smell seemed to have followed me, filling my bedroom.
God have mercy on us all, should this foulest of smells ever finds its way from the world of dreams to the world of the living."

If one and only one creation of every art was to be displayed in a gallery dedicated to art's finest examples, then it should be no other than Salvador Dali pour Homme representing perfumery. I guess it would be redundant to say anything about its bottle, other than it's the most bizarre and surrealistic vessel ever used to contain a fragrance. But since we're talking about Señor Dali, I also guess that this shouldn't come as surprise. I'll just add that this is not a bottle that anyone would like to sleep in the same room with. Perhaps Henry S. Whitehead's short story "The Lips" could give a good reason why. But if the bottle is bizzare one time, what's inside it simply doesn't have anything analogous in the known universe. I simply can't describe how it smells like, because I don't know what I'm smelling. But whatever it is, it is something on a titanic scale. Words like notes, sillage and longevity have absolutely no meaning here. Maybe this is the reason why it took Thierry Wasser 13 years to create another fragrance. Maybe he was someplace hiding, terrified after he realised what he had unleashed upon the world. For this is one of the very few scents, of which when I trace a whiff of them in the air, I wouldn't want to meet the one wearing it. I could swear that the air around me becomes thicker every time I dare to spray a single shot on me. And judging by their body language, I could also swear that it changes people's behaviour towards me when I'm wearing it. It's like they sense an undercurrent of hostility coming in spindrifts. And it makes an otherwise friendly smile looking beguiling in the light of day, and dangerous after dark. It is a scent that defies the senses and all the usual ways of perceiving a scent, and speaks directly to the soul. Or threatens to steal it...

Carlitos01 82 days ago
Impressive bottle and impressive complex scent! Old school fougére, good performance, very spicy, a bit animalic & very mossy. Recommended!+2
AJG 119 days ago
I'll wear Dali anywhere, anytime,
IDGAF if it's appropriate.
My #1+1
10.0
H27 21 months ago
It's not for me. I'm 38 years old and I think it's very dated (as well as Zino Davidoff).
However - great projection and longevity.+2
2.0

by Kovex
by Kovex
by TIA1971
by TIA1971
Salvador Dali - Dali pour Homme (1987)
by Morpheus1
Salvador Dali - Dali pour Homme (1987)
by Solina
by Philosykos
by Turtle
by Turtle

Popular Salvador Dali

Laguna by Salvador Dali Dali pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali (1983) (Parfum de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dalissime by Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali (1995) (Parfum de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali Fabulous 1 (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Salvador Dali Purplelips by Salvador Dali Sea & Sun in Cadaquès by Salvador Dali Black Sun by Salvador Dali Salvador (1992) (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Eau de Rubylips by Salvador Dali Laguna Maravilla (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dalimania by Salvador Dali Purplelips Sensual by Salvador Dali Itislove (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali Wild by Salvador Dali Dalimix by Salvador Dali Daliflor by Salvador Dali Dali (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali