Laguna by Salvador Dali

Laguna is a perfume by Salvador Dali for women and was released in 1991. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Cofinluxe / Cofci.

Mark Buxton

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemon, Calabrian mandarin, Plum, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Egyptian rose, Iris, La Réunion vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Madagascan sandalwood

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 23.06.2019

10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

JetonToni
A lagoon of peace - here body and mind come in harmony
At first I only wanted to dedicate a statement to this fragrance, but since this fragrance fascinates me so much, I dedicate a report to it. A long time ago, I found in our basement, a dusty bottle with turquoise contents.

This bottle was definitely not made by me! So it must have belonged to someone else in my family who didn't seem to be captivated or even touched by this scent. Since it is quite dark and scary in our cellar, I took a drop of this water.

And lo and behold! I found myself right back in the '90s. When I was 14 years old I was lying in our bathtub wetted with the (for those days) expensive peach foam bath and relaxed deeply. Laguna reminds me so much, even if there is no peach indicated here, I smell a little bit
Gaukeleya´s Association with Blubberschaum bathtub I can understand very well. It smells relaxing, peaceful. Here body and mind come into harmony.

When spraying on, a Lou Lou Cacharel note appears for a moment, but disappears after a few seconds. It smells of tasty exotic fruits, and becomes a little later sweeter or more substantial.
Laguna reminds me a little of the evening sun, which slowly disappears behind the horizon. The last warm rays of the sun radiate their warm power.

Laguna is by no means aquatic. At the beginning it still smells fresh, but this freshness does not remain for long. It spreads a pleasant warm sensual note that has an erotic effect. Like creamed skin with sun cream pampered by the sun. One literally smells this note of the sun cream, in harmony with the water. It is this feeling that Sonnencreme´s exudes when the person was in the water and the smell of the sunscreen mixes with the water.

Laguna smells very 90s (as described above). By the standards of the time, it was declared a summer scent. But due to the slightly sweetish note and the rich aura that this fragrance radiates, I don't find it wrong even for the colder days.

The fragrance lasts although Eau de Toilette, several hours and also the Sillage is very good, for fragrances of this species.

The smell relaxes, inspires and is a time machine for me most beautiful decade. Nice that there is still this smell and I may possess it in 100 ml.
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

SchatzSucher
Longing in a small bottle
I'm certainly not afraid to test women's fragrances. On the contrary, I find it more exciting to get to know and appreciate every part of the fragrance universe than to be satisfied with just a small incomplete half. Because otherwise it would be half as beautiful and exciting for me and us all.
And lately it's been about good mood scents. I would like to add another wonderful fragrance to the theme. Because we all want to have a good mood. And often it is so easy...

Recently I added a small 15 ml Laguna bottle to an order of two fragrances. Inspired by the exchange with Can777 and his loving commentary I was curious and wanted to try Laguna.
On the one hand I find the color and shape of the bottle beautiful and appealing and on the other hand the small pretty bottle has no giant hole in my purse torn.
Yes, and after extensive testing, sniffing, trying, thinking I have to confess: I'm ravished!

What a wonderful fragrance. It goes beyond a good mood and immediately puts me in a holiday mood. I would like to pack my suitcase and travel immediately to where it is beautiful, where the sun shines, where the water is so beautiful blue, where it smells wonderfully of tropical flowers and fruits and where you can leave the everyday life, which can sometimes be quite monotonous and grey, behind you.
This almost euphoric mood is provided by juicy, fresh and tasty fruits, which have been soaked in a little alcohol to then garnish and decorate a deliciously cool tropical cocktail.
In addition, the scent of exotic blossoms (all attention, that lily of the valley, rose and iris could unfold such an effect in the interaction) caresses me with an almost tasty vanilla to bite on (which might even be mixed with a hint of almond).
There the sun shines in all its splendour.
Some amber and musk round off the sweet mood, a touch of sandalwood ensures that the sweetness is caught and not crushed.
In my mind I walk along a beautiful beach and feel the lukewarm crystal clear water splashing around my feet.... I don't want to go home at all, even though I'm in the living room at home. But you can dream...

The fragrance journey in far distance has a beautiful duration, I can perceive Laguna approximately 7 hours with me. It is quite clear in the first half hour, then gradually withdraws very gently and then fades away like a soft sound of the sea in the distance.

The bottle with the kiss mouth is very nicely designed and the turquoise blue color fits wonderfully to the overall mood. By the way, I like the cocktail "swimming pool" very much, it also has such a nice color.

My conclusion:

In my opinion Laguna is not just a fragrance, but a joy of life and longing, filled in a beautiful bottle. I would even like to say that it is excellently suited as aromatherapy against gloomy moods on gloomy days. You spray on Laguna, get the desire to travel, feel the warm sunshine on your skin and at least want to forget your everyday life for a while.
This is not a scent I will wear in everyday life, but for me alone to feel good and to dive down I will always enjoy it.
Many thanks to Can777 for this recommendation! I fully agree with you, I can fully share your joy in Laguna!
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

a very special gift
Not only the name, but also the colour of the bottle promises freshness: a cool turquoise!
"Laguna" alone moves us into another world where water, beach and sky dominate.
Not only cool: no, even the first impression radiates peace and a high feel-good potential.

Here the entrée is formed solely by fruit: Lemon and mandarin, cool and as always a little bit synthetic, are accompanied by the ripe, full-bodied sweet plum and a juicy pineapple.
This fragrant fruit basket forms the fruity freshness!
For immediately afterwards the blossoms will appear; they do not want to stand back at all.
So the always a little bit bitter lily of the valley takes the first opportunity to successfully stand up to this fruitiness.
Of course the proud Iris also wants to produce herself impressively and mixes happily until the glowing rose extends her elbows a bit and dominates this flower trio.
Just a little bit, but it shows again who the "queen of flowers" is.
These three have just agreed with the fruits in this fragrant "pecking order" when the first fragrance bomb hits: Vanilla, which carries all the warmth of its tropical homeland within it and generously passes it on to its previous fragrance composition.
It makes the prelude for one of the most erotic collection of scents:
Musk presents, bends slightly to a great dose of amber, and creamy sandalwood completes this fragrance dream that swings to a tremendous final chord.

This successful mixture of innocent fruit, ripe blossom and erotic fragrance finale accompanies the wearer of "Laguna" for some time, before the cool freshness slowly says goodbye and a blossom-rich sensuality remains.
This not only makes this lagoon a piece of white sand, surrounded by turquoise, softly rippling water; it is also a fragrant work of art that is not commonplace.
This alone makes "Laguna" one of the leading fragrances in the Dalí family.
I got to know and appreciate their very first members many years ago.

The well-known bottle with the full pair of lips encloses this fragrance skillfully and attracts by the unusual form and color - a true "eye-catcher"!

"Laguna" is a surprising and very special gift that a dear person from our local fragrance community gave me.
The women who are especially worthy and dear to him wore this fragrance.
For this reason alone, "Laguna" is a wonderful companion for me, who will certainly make this summer even more exciting.
This empathetic man knows exactly what joy he made me with it and I would like to thank him once again very much.
Thank you, my dear!

Love on the beach
Wow, this was love at first spray. This eau de perfume is the perfect balance of sweetness, citrus and freshness. I intend to wear it a lot this summer. It was a blind buy like most of my frags, and a wonderful surprise indeed. She carries all the qualities that I was hoping to find in Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess. Longevity is excellent, 10 plus hours without much fading.
10.0 2.5 5.0 8.0/10

One of a kind!
This is definitely a unique perfume that needs to be smelled in person to be truly appreciated. I’ve NEVER smelled anything like this (with the exception that this perfume shares minor peachy characteristics with Dalissime (also a Mark Buxton creation like this one.) I’m so glad this community is full of such excellent enablers because I bought this blind and am VERY happy with the purchase! :o)

At first spritz, I got citruses of every kind, lemon being the lead. Normally this would have turned me off but because of the plum, peach, raspberry, and pineapple, the sharpness of the citruses were tempered and sweetened. The non-citrusy fruits of this phase are perfectly blended. My nose could only pick up their presence, but couldn't tell them apart.

About 30 minutes later, the “cool/fruity” wetness completely vanished to reveal a warm, ambery heart. On my skin, the middle notes are lead by jasmine and rose; a combination I LOVE! Pineapple (lead), peach (supporting), and raspberry (minor role) are present here along with the florals.

However, although it is not listed in the notes, there’s clearly cinnamon in this cocktail. (Where it distantly reminds me of the salty/citrusy/cinnamon characteristics of “L de Lolita”.)

About 3 hours later, the pineapple, rose, jasmine, vanilla, tonka bean, amber, and sandalwood hummed warmly on my skin. The patchouli and cedar wood was curiously (and thankfully) absent.

Sillage: Medium.

Longevity: After 4 hours, I needed to reapply.

Projection: Stays close to the skin.

Hope you at least get a hold of a small bottle of this wondrous gem of a perfume. :o)
8.0/10

A fruity floral? Not!
With a citrus open, floral middle, & woody base, Laguna wears like an oriental on me, from top to bottom. It's bright & fresh, not heavy & muddy, and it has a bit of powder in the heart. It's no surprise that those who like Laguna also like Roma. These two fragrances are very similar, although Laguna lacks Roma's strong vanilla, animalistic drydown & pine whispers.

Laguna has a retro, vintage vibe. I don't get the beach impression that others report. However, I do get a Mediterranean impression with a coastline in the distance, not front & center.

Quite lovely & very under-rated & embarrassingly inexpensive, Laguna is by the great Marc Buxton and is sample-worthy for any oriental lover. However, it's more of an experience than a fragrance imo.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Spicy aquatic
Here I was, expecting your typical watery, sugary and somewhat sharp fruity floral before I even gave Laguna a chance.

I had concluded that I was going to hate it, eventually writing a review expressing my disappointment in such a fragrance carrying a legendary artist's name. How wrong could I be?

Salvador Dali's Laguna, is fresh, beachy and, (wait for it...), a spicy oriental. Despite the fruity and citrusy opening; cinnamon, galbanum, Italian iris and rosewood compliment the scent.

This fragrance's composition has been so well blended. I would expect this kind of calibre from a niche scent, not an inexpensive, mainstream brand.

In some ways Laguna is confusing to my senses. It's warm yet Summery, richly spiced yet fresh. The only way I can describe it; it's a beachy, slightly aquatic and fruitier version of Balmain's Ambre Gris.

Unusual and very appealing, Laguna has me pretty much lost for words. Towards the drydown, Laguna loses much of its citrusy notes and becomes quite floral, musky and woodsy.

The coconut alongside the earthy patchouli and cedar, is amazing. It has an almost rich, delicious creaminess that is both exotic and charming.

I must add that the lasting power and sillage are very impressive. I'm so glad to have found this little treasure. I once detested Summer due to the lack of fruity florals that suited me. Finally I don't have to worry any longer.

DorothyGrace 16 months ago
Fresh & cool. Cedar? Amber. Very like an aftershave. Similar in style to Anarchiste (Caron). Not mint but something cool like mint.+2
10.0
9.0
9.0
3.0

by Gandix
........... Vamos a la Playa ...... ! ;)
Fotokunstblog 2 - Kategorie 2 - Weltall
by Seejungfrau
Laguna in Wonderland
by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
by Morpheus1
So ein wunderschöner Flakon :-)
by Scarletrose
by SimpleLife
by Romy1050
by Romy1050

Popular Salvador Dali

Laguna by Salvador Dali Dali pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali (1983) (Parfum de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dalissime by Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali (1995) (Parfum de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali Fabulous 1 (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Salvador Dali Purplelips by Salvador Dali Black Sun by Salvador Dali Sea & Sun in Cadaquès by Salvador Dali Salvador (1992) (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Eau de Rubylips by Salvador Dali Laguna Maravilla (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dalimania by Salvador Dali Purplelips Sensual by Salvador Dali Itislove (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Dali Wild by Salvador Dali Dalimix by Salvador Dali Dali (Eau de Toilette) by Salvador Dali Daliflor by Salvador Dali