Acqua Essenziale Blu 2014 Eau de Toilette

Acqua Essenziale Blu (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo
Bottle Design Fanny Le Bonniec, Oscar Del Cerro
Acqua Essenziale Blu (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGreen cardamomGreen cardamom LemonLemon Calabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot Paradisone®Paradisone®
Heart Notes Heart NotesCascalone®Cascalone® Atlas cedarAtlas cedar CypriolCypriol LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin AmbroxAmbrox Tonka beanTonka bean PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.04.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Garrett Neff.

The Nuance of the Open Sea
Blu is the second installment of the Acqua Essenziale trilogy, launched on the market a year after its namesake Acqua Essenziale Eau de Toilette. First, it smells nothing like the preceding version. If I have to be honest, as soon as it came out in 2014, it didn't blow me away. It didn't have the same spell as its predecessor, perhaps because of that strange sweetness. The fact is that I still added it to my arsenal about two years later, even if it was not under my radar. I have not regretted it—anything but another rock-solid scent by master perfumer Alberto Morillas and a great hidden gem from Ferragamo. The colour of the juice portrays the smell well. It could have been named "Navy Blu", "Dark Blu", or "Sugar Blu." I will not compare this to any of the other blue colognes cause I think this is unique with its notes and how they are blended. Indeed, it is sweeter than most blue frags, perhaps the sweetest one.

Acqua Essenziale Blu unfolds with some aromatic, citrus, sweet, and spicy bright and refreshing accords. It's rather acute, and honestly, it could be a bit spilt. Ambrox pops up from the very beginning. A pinch of green cardamom puts out of the vibrant oscillation of citrus notes; I don't get too lemon or too much bergamot, just a nice well-mixed harshness. There is also a dusty aspect, perhaps from lavender and tonka, so you may not like it if you are not in powdery colognes.

I get refreshing aquatic accords that break on delicate lavender nuances and come into play with a medicinal soapy sensation in the heart. Also, there is a subdued aspect to black liquorice. So, if you're anything like me, you'll get soapy liquorice dropped in the middle. Besides, if you get a harmonic of smoky and leathery chords with a mainly green, woody, earthy tone, this is cypriol. The fresh floral notes burst in a pleasant and orderly way, but I believe the cypriol oil is the sophisticated touch Alberto Morillas has kept for this Ferragamo creation. The heart is quite sweet, but the notes of cedar prevent the sweetness from slipping into a too syrupy smell like cough syrup.

Fresh citrus, floral, rupture a few hours after the spray; I have it under my nose now, and it is a fascinating perfume. I get a nice sweetness in the base with three notes of patchouli, tonka bean, and benzoin. All together, they give a pleasant and mellifluous feeling. However, the sweetness of the scent pairs with a strong dose of salty ambroxan, which provides it with a damp, musky animal feel, a bit like wet stones. The ambroxan note in this fragrance is dry amber and powdery musk. In case you missed it, the ambroxan and patchouli dyad is a well-known pleasant pairing, which is present in many blue colognes such as Sauvage Eau de Toilette, Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue Eau de Toilette, and Polo Deep Blue to name a few, but still is its own thing.

I found this scent extremely good. The tonka and lavender in this one are intoxicating. While it doesn't have brilliant performance on my skin, as both sillage and longevity are moderate—powerful at first, but then come close to the skin—it's an inexpensive fragrance with a well-blended quality. It is a versatile fragrance as I can wear it in virtually any warm climate, from spring to autumn. It works well as an office and daytime fragrance but can turn into a decent nighttime fragrance. I'm probably not going to use it as a winter scent, but that is more up to you. I find Acqua Essenziale Blu an excellent option for a casual evening out as someone who likes lavender. It is well-liked and often praised by others. Ferragamo and Alberto Morillas never cease to amaze. This is popular for a reason.

I based the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since August 2018.

-Elysium

The definition of meh
A lot of Lavender! In addition to a bit of a mintiness and a lot of sweetness. I don't know why but at first I get a resemblance to Ferragamo F Black... maybe because they both share a huge load of lavender and Tonka. As the first blast moves away i get a mixture of Eros and BDC with sparks of F Black shining through. A synthetic nature stays all the way trough the scent. I would describe it as an beginners allrounder. Average projection, average Sillage, average smell. Whats not average is the bottle which I find absolutely stunning, so elegant.
If you have any other blue scent you don't really need that one
Ajlen
Attention: Here breaks a lance!
Okay, okay. My scent perception is often a little different. But the here partly drawn comparisons to Bleu de Chanel and Dylan Blue I can not explain at all. Except for the color of the bottle and the "blue" in the name have the rather nothing in common from my point of view.

This starts right at the beginning in the course. Unlike the other blue fragrances, is not found in Acqua Essenziale Blu the usual, juicy fruitiness. The citrus is rather tart and leans on the typical Italian Colognes. Very quickly, two chemical -ones® provide a strong synthetic impact, which you can like or not. I find the is quite successful here.

At the latest in the direction of the woody middle and base, Acqua Essenziale Blu then goes a completely different way. Instead of a clean, soft woody base, goes here clearly more tart and coarse to. Whether the cypriole is responsible for the resinous impact, I don't know. It is in any case a clear bitter note to perceive, which was then again with a good portion of sweetness from benzoin and Tonka abgeschmeckt.

So in contrast to Bleu and Dylan, I'd like to make a different comparison, and that's L'Eau Bleue d'Issey. Not because they smell the same, but because they are equally "different". Where the Miyake stands out from the competition with its herbaceous, green heart, the Ferragamo does so with resinous, bitter wood. Both diverge from the one-size-fits-all in their class. And even if L'Eau Bleue still does much better overall, you have to at least give Alberto Morillas credit for taking a risk for variety. Because said bittersweetness will make the fragrance a bit too exhausting for many. Also this factor - I call it 'bulky'- he shares with the L'Eau Bleue.

The external values are quite solid: handy bottle, heavy metal cap, rather average spray head. Similarly, I would rate the performance: quite good durability with rather medium sillage.

Whether you absolutely need this fragrance? Probably not. In a series with many other generic shower gel fresheners one does him an injustice from my point of view. For this he is then but quite independent. Therefore, at this point simply a lance is broken for him.

Another Alberto Morillas mass pleasing fragrance
My friend gave me this fragrance as my birthday gift. All I can say is another inoffensive fragrance from Alberto Morillas.

Since there are some people stated that Acqua Essenziale Blu is similar with Bleu de Chanel EDT.
Here is my opinion.

I admitted Acqua Essenziale Blu shares a little fresh vibe with Bleu de Chanel EDT, but both fragrances moves to different directions.

I have tried both of these fragrance, and I get generic scent from Bleu de Chanel EDT. As for Acqua Essenziale Blu, I smell a little synthetic scent. (Don't get me wrong, the scent is still good)

Do not expected the performance and the sillage of this fragrance (It last on my skin for 3 hours only).
it is a low-priced fragrance, yet the scent is pleasant and not offense.

In my opinion, if you love the generic scent of Bleu de Chanel, you can skip this fragrance. If you like BdC EDT vibe and you are looking for a substitute fragrance, I recommend you to try this out.

DPArtistDPArtist 5 months ago
I finally blind bought it for a good price. Sadly I find it quite boring like BdC it's pleasant & versatile, that's it. Nice bottle though.
ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
It smells nothing like the preceding versions. I found this scent extremely good. The tonka and lavender in this one are intoxicating.
TorkeTorke 2 years ago
Terrible Longevity.
Terrible sillage.
Weak smell.
Best thing is the bottle.
HajuvanaHajuvana 5 years ago
For what seems like a showcase of several commercial aromachemicals, it actually smells very pleasant in a 'generic guy' kind of way.

by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular by Salvatore Ferragamo

Tuscan Soul - Terra Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Signature by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - Viola Essenziale (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Misteriosa by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - Golden Acacia by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Testa di Moro / Tuscan Scent - Incense Suede by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione Dolce Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Eleganza (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Ribelle (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - Vendemmia (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Oud by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Casual Life (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo