Acqua Essenziale 2013 Eau de Toilette

Acqua Essenziale (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo
Acqua Essenziale (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2013. The scent is fresh-aquatic. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit MintMint Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Lemon leafLemon leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium Cascalone®Cascalone® RosemaryRosemary LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver CistusCistus Helvetolide®Helvetolide®

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.03.2022.

The perfume has been awarded the prize of best 'Made in Italy' perfume by the Accademia del Profumo.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

A Feeling of Absolute Freedom
Salvatore Ferragamo and its crew named Acqua Essenziale, e.g., Essential Water, to this cologne, and that name suits flawlessly. By magic, the perfumers who created Acqua Essenziale have invented a new molecule found inside, which mimics the scent of water. Acqua Essenziale is the first of three fragrances with the same name, followed by Acqua Essenziale Blu and Acqua Essenziale Colonia. The redolence fascinated me from the very first sniff. I remember I was strolling with a friend of mine, and we tested it when it was launched in the market. Unexpectedly, or hopefully, I got it as a present for my birthday. What do I feel? Acqua Essenziale is an olfactory trip that evokes a feeling of absolute freedom. The combination of an essential natural element, clear water, and the highest authenticity, essence. As I write this review, I listen to soft ambient music, distant, relaxing, calming. In the background, there is a cuddly drizzle. If I close my eyes, it seems to me to be immersed in a tropical forest, the drops pattering on the green leaves, the green and earthy scents released into the air.

The presentation to my taste is one of the most successful ever: simple, with the logo placed at the base that gives that extra touch and makes the bottle truly special. Acqua Essenziale is a blend of delicate citrus, flowers, and musk wood. It belongs to the fougére family, and there is no question about it. After application, it immediately flooded my olfactory system with a wave of precious citrus and balsamic notes. I feel the sweet and sour grapefruit, crunchy green notes of peppery mint, a sweet mandarin, and a riot of lemon leaves. Mint, lavender, and petitgrain lemon create a kind of sharp, refreshing, and spicy aromatic scent that assails the nose, a camphorous aroma that has a clinical, sharp, disinfectant-like odor.

The fragrance heart turns into Irish Spring bar soap as if the aquatic freshness turned into mountain spring freshness. Sharp and clean. It reveals aromatic aspects of rosemary and lavender, with the support of green geranium leaves. The fougére is palpable. But what reigns in the intermediate phase is Cascalone, which infuses an aquatic breath into the fragrance. It is a fresh, synthetic molecule with aqueous, flowery, and clean undertones of freshwater; a sweeter, more watery version of Calone with a transparent floral signature, and without the fruity melon-like aroma.

In the dry-down, the scent turns woody and musky. Here I feel the touch of the patchouli, followed by shine vetiver, and again a riot of musky accord from the Helveltolide. It is a stylish musky note with a fruity pear aspect for those not familiar with such a molecule. It is one of the few musks that appears from the very beginning as a top note."

Ultimately, Acqua Essenziale is a precious accord of vibrant freshness combined with the aromatic and woody notes of the Mediterranean. Because it is enigmatic, polite, gentle, wise, and slightly floral, I find it perfect for ceremonies, weddings, graduations, and other lively and unforgettable activities. It's not an overwhelming fragrance, so you can easily use it both day and night. Try Acqua Essenziale if you like fresh and traditional fougére-type colognes. I feel the longevity and projection are average; it lasts all day on me. Versatile. I like it very much. It reminds me of a deserted place on a rainy day, without a luxurious or sophisticated atmosphere, simply a meeting between the greenery of a pristine place with water. My best compliments, Mr. Alberto Morillas, you deserve it. People who passed me always ask me for the name of this perfume. Since it is not very demanding, I often wear it on hot days when I don't know what to wear or when I find myself in contexts where the choice of perfume is difficult for me. Acqua Essenziale has a casual soul, perhaps one of the most casual I know at the moment.

I based the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since November 2015.

-Elysium

wonderful
wonderful. i love it and i am glad to have it .after seven hours i can feel it in my skin .silage and longevity are very good .

Underrated and Overlooked
This is a very good fragrance that I would put up against any other designer aquatic on the market! Acqua Essenziale opens with an aromatic top of mint, lemon leaf, rosemary, and lavender. It's an accord that smells sweet, fresh, and clean in a modern, "I just got out of the shower and used some sporty body wash" kind of way. There's an oceanic aspect to it as well, but it comes across as more of an abstract ideal of the mind than any real, natural smell you may find near the sea. Seabreezes are typically not as sweet or clean as that which is presented here...no problem for me. It's well composed, and while you can pick up on a slight synthetic quality up close, for the most part Essenziale is smooth and watery without that annoying scratchiness that seems to be a trademark of cheaper aquatics. It produces a very pleasant sillage that although familiar to some degree, is done the right way. To elaborate, I'm most impressed by the texture of Essenziale--the light, airy, watery quality that aptly matches its scent, while diffusing gently around its subject. Acqua di Gio possesses this quality as well--where the smell and texture sit perfectly together, and take the fragrance to a higher level beyond the norm. There have been a lot of comparisons made between Bleu de Chanel and Acqua Essenziale, and I agree that they smell quite similar. However, I think Essenziale is perhaps the superior fragrance due in part to this often taken for granted element of texture. What I mean is that it seems to possess the appropriate consistency for its smell, whereas Bleu can seem at times too heavy or chunky for its own good. Therefore, the performance of Acqua Essenziale is quite effective. It works well in warmer temperatures without every becoming cloying or irritating, and doesn't fall apart as some fragrances can in the heat. Essenziale is linear for the most part, its dry down a nondescript fade into a typical white, musky-woody base. I'm okay with this because for about 4 or 5 hours I get the very pleasant, excellently composed sillage described above, and I have no desire for it to change. Projection is just right. Longevity could be better, but it's adequate.

I would give Essenziale a solid 80--85 out of 100. If you're tired of the whole aquatic genre, that's understandable. However, if you're looking for a designer aquatic you can pick up at the mall or online for a decent price, this is a very good option to consider. And if you're a fan of this style of fragrance, this one's definitely worth adding to your wardrobe.

4 short views on the fragrance
50something50something 7 months ago
Above average, BDC vibe. Fresh, light, relaxing, and inoffensive. Does well on my skin. Longevity is average. 8/10
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 10 months ago
Just another poor performing aquatic
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
The mix of the most essential natural element, clear water, and the highest form of authenticity, essence. A feeling of absolute freedom.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
if you love the citrusy and aromatic notes and you're searching for something fresh and refined, this is your scent. Perfect by day .Classy

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Salvatore Ferragamo

Tuscan Soul - Terra Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Signature by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - Viola Essenziale (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Misteriosa by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Testa di Moro / Tuscan Scent - Incense Suede by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - Golden Acacia by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Eleganza (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione Dolce Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Ribelle (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - Vendemmia (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Blu (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Casual Life (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo