F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (2009) Eau de Toilette

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Black pepper, Coriander seed
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.09.2019

6.0 5.0 6.0 6.0/10

Good but not great
I purchased this one because I had been a fan of Lacoste pour homme since my teenage years. I have had 2 bottled of that lacoste and enjoyed it a lot and it still reminds me of great memories.
However, I was not satisfied with longetivity of the second lacoste bottle I had so I searched for something similar but with better performance.
I got referred to this bottled. I used to love this bottle the first days I had, but after some time, I could see performance is not that great at all. The opening is not better than lacoste pour homme if not worse.
So overall, I am not that impressed with this perfume, even though I could easily wear it for a winter day at office.
6.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

The Clean Man
Without the hippy Youtuber in permanent pirouette and one-arm pushup mode I probably wouldn't have stumbled across this fragrance. Since other reviews and the general and of course highly esteemed Parfumo rating also looked quite promising, a blind buy had to be triggered. This is also because the fragrance cannot be found in any branch of any of the current dealers and the price of a new bottle does not exactly justify ordering a bottle
I always listen to the scent: business here, suit there and totally the Wolf of Wall-street. I don't get it. I smell here a warm light powder, which starts with a very light freshness of the apple and from the heart almost takes on gourmand notes. But in itself simply a sweet, soft fragrance, which I rather see in my private and relaxed environment. The whole thing has more to do with a clean man who doesn't want to attract further attention than with a business wolf. I myself will reach for him if I want to spare the level of his somewhat more expensive kindred spirits. I see similarities here, for example, to Dior Homme Intense, who conceived a child with Montblanc Individuel.

The shelf life is about 6 - 7 hours for me just fine. You shouldn't expect miracles from silage now. The whole thing gets very close very quickly.
Except in midsummer it is actually widely applicable for me.

Since the first rumours have been circulated that production would be discontinued and the fragrance is no longer listed on Ferragamo's homepage, you can actually access the current prices. So if you want to spare the level of the related species a little
6.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

So I gave it a try, and
It’s not as “loud” as I was expecting, but I do think it’s a good scent. A “powdered masculinity” I’d say. I don’t know why people say it smells like La Nui de L’homme; they’re nothing alike. This guy is his own style... he’s just slightly “exaggerated”. He’s quite inexpensive, and he is nicely done.

Nice Everyday Scent
SOTD: F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black: 12/29/18

Recently got this fragrance, from Fragrancenet.com is nice everyday fragrance. Smell the Tonka bean, lavender, and black pepper. Nice reach mostly in the fall/winter and in the summer maybe less sprays. Flowery vibe from the lavender and sweetness from the Tonka bean. A great value and a nice release from Ferragamo. Must have

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Performance/Longevity: 9/10: lasted on my skin with 4-6 sprays between 10-12 hrs
Overall: 7/10

SOTD (Scent of the Day):Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo Pour Homme Black EDT: As of 02/16/19

Revisited this fragrance it was my SOTD as of 02/16/19, went to a local ski resort area, the projection of this fragrance cuts through the cold like nothing it was around between 25-35 degrees that day and longevity/performance on my skin was beast mode. F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black is built like a tank for winter season in my opinion. A superb and durable scent, Winter is again here.

Longevity/Performance: 9/10: 8-10 sprays: Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 15+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
7.0 6.0 7.0/10

The average guy
After more than a year of abstinence, I decided to write a comment again. But next time something about the scent he's not as bad as you think. It smells spicy and a little sweet, the lavender, the coriander and also the tonka bean on the edge, you can smell it, but I don't smell a special course of scent, it becomes a little bit sweeter and yet the slightly scratchy of the black pepper remains well perceptible. It never seems cheap, nor really too high quality, or even lurid it is just there, but nobody takes it was, neither positive, nor negative, it neither sets a sign, nor is it unpleasant. Somehow none of it, but it was done neatly. Like a golf, or terraced house next to 10 others in the same row, pretty, neat, very well done, but unfortunately just without claim to stand out. The good average among perfumes. For me too little of everything a perfume, from my point of view, may be quiet a little more extraordinary. Conclusion High-quality than most drugstore fragrances, but unfortunately not more exciting
6.0 6.0 7.0 5.5/10

Sanji
for business types in winter
I have sold the fragrance because it smells ok to me but a little unpleasant and too aggressive and I have great fragrances for the winter, which put F Black in the shade. But I have it as a gift for a business guy for the winter, because it would be very good for such a guy - if I ever have such a person to whom I want to give something.
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Carlitos01
A sweet bright lavender gem
Another very good work from Olivier Polge.
The relation quality versus price is very high in F Black, and to find a similar offer elsewhere is a tough task.
Congratulations to the House of Ferragamo for this bright jewel.
The opening apple and lavander notes are really pleasant.
The dry down is amazing with mildly sweet and balsamic notes.
In between you get the less imaginative but mandatory pepper.
Both the longevity and the projection are above average.
F Black is a very good fragrance on its own and should never be compared with some other expensive fragrances as their clone.
As far as I am concerned it is in my top fragrances list, and some of the fragrances to which F Black is often compared to, are not. I'll just mention two other very good fragrances with a similar price and scent of F Black:
- brother Ferragamo F.
- look alike Halloween Man Shot from Jesus Pozo.
You must try those two gems as well.

I rate F Black with a global 8.25/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
As with other fragrances you don't loose much if you blind buy it. It costed me €16.00 for a 100ml tester.
8.0 10.0 10.0 5.5/10

Strong scent for winter
Only had it for a year, but I have a love/hate relationship with this one - as many others do. I really do not like the opening, it's very very strong and for me it's lavender/pepper all over. I've learned that I really do not care for lavender, so this is why it's a uphill battle for me. On the plus side, after an hour or so, the scent does become better for me, It's still a strong scent, so do not over spray. I find myself reaching for this one, when it is really cold outside, as in below 0 degree Celsius. I would go with 1 or 2 spray max. Have used it for work/college and casual settings. It is cheap, around 25-30 euros/ 100 ml and the longevity is crazy..... I can smell it the next day.
6.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

JosephAzzato
either love or hate type
I am revisiting this one after buying it almost a year ago
I do not like the opening so much but let it sit a while and Dang is it GOOD! I can see that ysl blood pumping in this one (No Cardamom again:( yeah I know)
my sister went nut's for this one when I first let her try it, she asked me for a 5ml atomizer and she is very happy waring it yes her not her husband

This is not a safe fragrance! it's really not women love and go bonkers for it or they give you the look that says, if my stare could kill you, you would be killing you right now! of cores it also depends where you are in the cologne fresh application(NOT RECOMMENDED!) dry down (most love!) and by the end to skin is also nice :)

over all I like it not love but close

7.8-of-10 better if there was an edp and better bottle

cheap great reactions just get one (tester) I did buy a whole bottle
but that is why a suggest testers but I do find my self doing it again (full large blind buy's)

Hope this helps
Joseph God Bless and have a great evening
2.5 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Miaw2
Good surprise! Heavy and sweet...
F Black has a strong longevity and medium-high sillage and projection.

Smells great and sexy with lots of tonka bean rounded by sweet lavender and some pepper.

Remembers me of Chanel Allure Pour Homme.That's a good surprise from this house.

Updated January 2014

AmberScent 106 days ago
A cocktail of La Nuit de l'Homee and Allure. It's a bit heavy when opening with lavender but very nice when drying down with tonka & amber.+3
ScentsByKK 15 months ago
Sweet Peppery Goodness...+1
Muotarek 16 months ago
Too strong, cloying and not YSL La Nuit clone by any meaning. Not taking that hype train
Carlitos01 19 months ago
I am staying at home tonight.
Some music, a glass of tonic, a good book, and Ferragamo F Black sprayed in my forearms.
Enjoy life!+4
MrHonest 23 months ago
The lavender and tonka is nice, but it has a weird, almost sour-ish opening that could turn people off. 1 hour later, it's peppery goodness.+5
3.0