F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (2009)Eau de Toilette

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo
Bottle Design Sylvie de France

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Black pepper, Coriander seed
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.05.2020.

A Sophisticated YSL La Nuit de l'Homme's Brother
For the sake of heaven, how come I waited so long before buying it? I do have several Ferragamo colognes in my collection, namely Uomo and its siblings, still F and any of its flankers, for a reason I don't know, never fit in the shopping basket. But, recently I had a chance of ordering some testers and F Black was available for a couple of bucks, so I blindly bought it, and I gave it a true SOTD wearing.

First off, F Black comes with an original bottle, mine is miserable without a cap, which might happen if you accept to buy testers, and contains a pale grey juice supposedly with oriental woody tones. On my skin, F Black opens up with an explosion of sweetness and freshness from fruity apple and pungent lavender, all the way. It smells good, I get the crispy apple unquestionably. Originally, the sweetness and sourness of the green apple are stronger than the lavender smell and they stand above it, yet a few minutes later it tones down and the lavender boosts in all its aromatic and harsh aspects. Ain't bad in any aspect, rather it is a bold, deep, punching loud, and dark lavender, more herbaceous and less flowery, far away from Davidoff Cool Water, for instance. The opening is amazing, is posh, is fruity and spicy, at least my bottle and batch are.

The heart introduces a good amount of black pepper, which adds some spiciness together with coriander seeds, all that in your face. The mid note of coriander begins to come through very pleasantly and seems expertly blended in the way it reveals itself. I do not get too much spiciness, the black pepper is dosed consciously and well mixed with coriander.

The mid-notes then seamlessly transitioned into a beautifully delicious dry-down. which is a combo of sweet and spicy with a bit of a powdery note that usually comes from labdanum or amber accord. The profound and sensual association of labdanum and tonka bean in the dry down mimics the masculinity of the warming heart notes and rounds out this amber and woody cologne. Still along for the ride, the lavender note remains present, but more subtly and smoothly. Aside from the punchy opening this one seems expertly blended and has the feel of a niche quality product.

I agree with other reviewers who find some small similarities with Chanel Allure and YSL La Nuit de l'Homme. I mean, F Black is not a clone of those colognes, however, it reminds Allure in the opening and then turns int YSL La Nuit de l'Homme in the heart and drydown. Notwithstanding, F Black is a nice fragrance per se with its personality. The notes I get most are lavender, black pepper, and tonka bean.

F Black has been created to be worn for evenings on the town and special occasions, anyway, today I'm rocking it at the office and did not get any disappointment. It's a cologne that fits perfectly with the colder months, Fall and Winter seasons, daytime, evening out, and rainy nights. The sillage and projection are average in my opinion, and the longevity is very good, I get around 8 hours on clothing. Overall this is a great cheapy to have in your collection, so if you can get past the lavender-heavy opening, you may be pleasantly surprised. Honestly, it doesn't blow me away in any particular aspect but rather is well above average across the board. No regrets.

-Elysium

Ewwwwww
This cologne is complete garbage
Smells like sweat
Like really bad sweat
Nothing attractive about that!!
Lasts 3 hours and barely projects for the first 10 mins
I don't know if it is the 2019 batch but it smells so bad i threw it away!!!!!
Halloween man shot is such a better cologne that supposedly should smell like it but smells better by milessssss
Honestly do not buy this!!!!
A pleasing everyman

If there is one fragrance in my small collection that I should pick out that always works, it is - besides Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme - Ferragamo's "F Black"! Reach in, spray on, off you go, no matter when, no matter where...

It has no wow-effect, but is always pleasant, doesn't bother anyone, and even receives an amazing number of compliments, as I have noticed over time. Durability as well as Sillage are perfectly ok. And all this for a price around 20 Euro for 100ml.

What else is there to criticize in a great way? Lavender, tonka, all the right stuff. A little sweetness, a little spice, in my nose also always the smell of Barber-Shop, everything okay. But also a little one-dimensional, too linear in the fragrance, a touch too powdery, too much synthetic. With these criteria, the difference to really good perfumes becomes clear, such as the above-mentioned AHSEE, which in direct comparison simply has more class, looks more natural, and even develops positively in the course of the fragrance. But also for five times the price...
ElDiabloBZ
Where do these hymns of praise come from?
After recommendations from Parfumo and, above all, after prolonged declarations of love from Jeremy, I finally had to take hold of this fragrance ...

Either I've caught the Monday batch, or one of the ingredients is playing badly with me here.

It is the 3rd fragrance that I bought blindly (and with a clear conscience, because of the price) and that I don't like at all despite the almost consistently positive reviews
What exactly is bothering me? I mean, the fragrance starts with a slightly rotten apple note and already here I am out as far as the fragrance is concerned. Exactly that's what made me hungry for "fun" with the other fragrances, too. An opening, which I associate with nights spent drinking through and the feeling of having exaggerated ... no nice feeling and therefore for me, no nice scent either.

I know I'm exaggerating. I'm sure the scent doesn't deserve it. But I can only explain it for myself, or rather explain it to others why this scent touches me rather negatively.

Maybe someone has a hint what smell this "rotten" starter produces?!
NilsFl
Executive floor for the small purse!
After the pirouette-turning YouTuber so gladly praised this smell as "the wolf of wallstreet" in the sky, I thought this could become my first blind purchase and for approx. 25 euro for a 100 ml one does nothing wrong here. Still quite standard in the top note, but after a while you are directly surrounded by a fragrance that literally screams for the top floor. Very masculine and fresh. In contrast to an aventus, which creates its masculinity rather through smoky woody notes, here one has a masculine freshness, which is mainly produced by apples and pepper. He's got something Oriental about him for me, too. All in all for the price a top fragrance that is even better for me than many a fragrance of the higher class !:)

Good but not great
I purchased this one because I had been a fan of Lacoste pour homme since my teenage years. I have had 2 bottled of that lacoste and enjoyed it a lot and it still reminds me of great memories.
However, I was not satisfied with longetivity of the second lacoste bottle I had so I searched for something similar but with better performance.
I got referred to this bottled. I used to love this bottle the first days I had, but after some time, I could see performance is not that great at all. The opening is not better than lacoste pour homme if not worse.
So overall, I am not that impressed with this perfume, even though I could easily wear it for a winter day at office.
The Clean Man
Without the hippy Youtuber in permanent pirouette and one-arm pushup mode I probably wouldn't have stumbled across this fragrance. Since other reviews and the general and of course highly esteemed Parfumo rating also looked quite promising, a blind buy had to be triggered. This is also because the fragrance cannot be found in any branch of any of the current dealers and the price of a new bottle does not exactly justify ordering a bottle
I always listen to the scent: business here, suit there and totally the Wolf of Wall-street. I don't get it. I smell here a warm light powder, which starts with a very light freshness of the apple and from the heart almost takes on gourmand notes. But in itself simply a sweet, soft fragrance, which I rather see in my private and relaxed environment. The whole thing has more to do with a clean man who doesn't want to attract further attention than with a business wolf. I myself will reach for him if I want to spare the level of his somewhat more expensive kindred spirits. I see similarities here, for example, to Dior Homme Intense, who conceived a child with Montblanc Individuel.

The shelf life is about 6 - 7 hours for me just fine. You shouldn't expect miracles from silage now. The whole thing gets very close very quickly.
Except in midsummer it is actually widely applicable for me.

Since the first rumours have been circulated that production would be discontinued and the fragrance is no longer listed on Ferragamo's homepage, you can actually access the current prices. So if you want to spare the level of the related species a little

So I gave it a try, and
It’s not as “loud” as I was expecting, but I do think it’s a good scent. A “powdered masculinity” I’d say. I don’t know why people say it smells like La Nui de L’homme; they’re nothing alike. This guy is his own style... he’s just slightly “exaggerated”. He’s quite inexpensive, and he is nicely done.

Nice Everyday Scent
SOTD: F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black: 12/29/18

Recently got this fragrance, from Fragrancenet.com is nice everyday fragrance. Smell the Tonka bean, lavender, and black pepper. Nice reach mostly in the fall/winter and in the summer maybe less sprays. Flowery vibe from the lavender and sweetness from the Tonka bean. A great value and a nice release from Ferragamo. Must have

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Performance/Longevity: 9/10: lasted on my skin with 4-6 sprays between 10-12 hrs
Overall: 7/10

SOTD (Scent of the Day):Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo Pour Homme Black EDT: As of 02/16/19

Revisited this fragrance it was my SOTD as of 02/16/19, went to a local ski resort area, the projection of this fragrance cuts through the cold like nothing it was around between 25-35 degrees that day and longevity/performance on my skin was beast mode. F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black is built like a tank for winter season in my opinion. A superb and durable scent, Winter is again here.

Longevity/Performance: 9/10: 8-10 sprays: Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 15+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
The average guy
After more than a year of abstinence, I decided to write a comment again. But next time something about the scent he's not as bad as you think. It smells spicy and a little sweet, the lavender, the coriander and also the tonka bean on the edge, you can smell it, but I don't smell a special course of scent, it becomes a little bit sweeter and yet the slightly scratchy of the black pepper remains well perceptible. It never seems cheap, nor really too high quality, or even lurid it is just there, but nobody takes it was, neither positive, nor negative, it neither sets a sign, nor is it unpleasant. Somehow none of it, but it was done neatly. Like a golf, or terraced house next to 10 others in the same row, pretty, neat, very well done, but unfortunately just without claim to stand out. The good average among perfumes. For me too little of everything a perfume, from my point of view, may be quiet a little more extraordinary. Conclusion High-quality than most drugstore fragrances, but unfortunately not more exciting

ElysiumElysium 108 days ago
This is a great cheapy to have in your collection, so if you can get past the lavender-heavy opening, you may be pleasantly surprised.
AmberScentAmberScent 11 months ago
A cocktail of La Nuit de l'Homee and Allure. It's a bit heavy when opening with lavender but very nice when drying down with tonka & amber.
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 23 months ago
Sweet Peppery Goodness...
MuotarekMuotarek 24 months ago
Too strong, cloying and not YSL La Nuit clone by any meaning. Not taking that hype train
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
I am staying at home tonight.
Some music, a glass of tonic, a good book, and Ferragamo F Black sprayed in my forearms.
Enjoy life!
MrHonestMrHonest 2 years ago
The lavender and tonka is nice, but it has a weird, almost sour-ish opening that could turn people off. 1 hour later, it's peppery goodness.

by Shuqush
by Ernie824
Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo pour Homme Black 50ml EdT
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Salvatore Ferragamo

Tuscan Creations - Terra Rossa by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Viola Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - Golden Acacia by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Signature by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Misteriosa by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Testa di Moro / Tuscan Scent - Incense Suede by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Eleganza (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione Dolce Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - White Mimosa by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Vendemmia by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Ribelle (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Casual Life (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina In Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo