F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black 2009Eau de Toilette

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo
Bottle Design Sylvie de France
F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Black pepper, Coriander seed
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.09.2020.

Cheap public favourite
Fragrance: sweet-spicy fresh synthetic.
Sweetness through synthetic lavender and tonka bean, spiced with pepper and freshness through an apple note that is not immediately obvious.

Durability: Quite long on my skin 6 to 8h. On clothes even longer (as usual).

Sillage: quite strong in the first 2h after that it weakens but still well perceptible, absolutely not close to the skin.

Flacon: Not bad at all except for the cheap plastic lid. Sprayer also quite good
Conclusion: a very good all-rounder that I can well imagine with the younger audience. Can be used everywhere except in extreme heat. But it works best in autumn. You get a great sweet-synthetic freshness with pepper under the Ar** and absolutely good durability, if you have nothing against synthetic fragrances. And THE BEST is of course the absolutely affordable price for about 20€ / 100ml. In any case, a little insider tip because not too well known and good for beginners the
want a cheap "always-walker" and "no brainer" who usually goes down well and may also bring compliments ;) .

Regards Josh

All-rounder
Ferragamos F black is the class president among the cheap fragrances. A guy who doesn't rub off anywhere, doesn't do anything particularly well, but is liked by everyone. A fresh "green apple" note with a pleasant peppery note is the prelude, summery every time. A somewhat synthetic lavender note follows after a few minutes and remains fragrant for a reasonable 4-5 hours. A very clean scent, which is already evident from the appearance of the bottle. The workmanship of the plastic lettering leaves a lot to be desired, but for the price the contents should be right, and it is. You get an every day scent that 99% of the population should like. Nothing individual, special but an absolute all-rounder

A dumb reach?
The lavender, pepper and tonka bean steal the show in Salvatore Ferragamo’s F Black. I’ve been meaning to pick this one up for a while and just got around to it. The opening is a little harsh, then it starts to settle down. After about 30 minutes it really opens up and I get different notes popping at different times in the life of the fragrance. I’m not sure I can add anything new or different that hasn’t already been said by other reviewers. The fragrance has descent longevity. Not the best on the market. I just think this one lacks something that would really make this fragrance special or stand out. This fragrance was created by Olivier Polge (the same perfumer who created Bleu De Chanel), so I gotta give him props, but something is lacking in F Black for me to give this a full ten. I give this juice a 7 / 10. Definitely wearable all year round. Could be a signature scent too. A dumb reach?
Great Jeremy...
Oh, man... what am I gonna say to Jeremy? For about a month now I've been listening to his old and new videos and pleading guilty. Now apart from his push-ups/trainings/punch-kicks videos, which are unfortunately getting more and more frequent, I think this guy is really great. Even if I do not agree with some of his scents, I just like to listen to his opinion.

At some point I now came across the video in which he praises cheap super perfumes. No sooner said than done, opened a new tab at the same time, searched the perfume distribution site of my confidence, ordered two perfumes. Unfortunately the delivery, I think because of Corona, took 3 days longer, so I had to wait 5 days. So I watched the video 500 times instead of the moderate 200 times. In short, the tension rose in the immeasurable, I have actually expected earth-shattering.

The day came, me in the home office, doorbell rings, door opens... Cleaning lady for the hallway... then, a little later, the doorbell rings again, parcel carrier puts my goods in the elevator and sends them up. Patient as I was I waited until closing time of course... not. In the package were now Nautica Voyage and F Black. First tested Voyage... with this anticipation I had, unfortunately, a big disappointment. Surely not a bad scent at this price, but, also really only at this price. A little disillusioned, I tested the other bottle... hopefully not such a "flop" (a little exaggeration). So the other wrist has to go...ok...it smells extraordinary... smells great... no, even really good. A great smell for a great price. What more could you want? Durability! Unfortunately, after a few hours the Sillage is zero and the scent is only to be sniffed very closely.

Nevertheless, I find the scent extraordinary and pleasant, not only at work, but also in the evening for going out, if you don't necessarily go to a club.

So Jeremy, thanks for a really great scent, but unfortunately it fades a bit too fast
Video will follow

A Sophisticated YSL La Nuit de l'Homme's Brother
For the sake of heaven, how come I waited so long before buying it? I do have several Ferragamo colognes in my collection, namely Uomo and its siblings, still F and any of its flankers, for a reason I don't know, never fit in the shopping basket. But, recently I had a chance of ordering some testers and F Black was available for a couple of bucks, so I blindly bought it, and I gave it a true SOTD wearing.

First off, F Black comes with an original bottle, mine is miserable without a cap, which might happen if you accept to buy testers, and contains a pale grey juice supposedly with oriental woody tones. On my skin, F Black opens up with an explosion of sweetness and freshness from fruity apple and pungent lavender, all the way. It smells good, I get the crispy apple unquestionably. Originally, the sweetness and sourness of the green apple are stronger than the lavender smell and they stand above it, yet a few minutes later it tones down and the lavender boosts in all its aromatic and harsh aspects. Ain't bad in any aspect, rather it is a bold, deep, punching loud, and dark lavender, more herbaceous and less flowery, far away from Davidoff Cool Water, for instance. The opening is amazing, is posh, is fruity and spicy, at least my bottle and batch are.

The heart introduces a good amount of black pepper, which adds some spiciness together with coriander seeds, all that in your face. The mid note of coriander begins to come through very pleasantly and seems expertly blended in the way it reveals itself. I do not get too much spiciness, the black pepper is dosed consciously and well mixed with coriander.

The mid-notes then seamlessly transitioned into a beautifully delicious dry-down. which is a combo of sweet and spicy with a bit of a powdery note that usually comes from labdanum or amber accord. The profound and sensual association of labdanum and tonka bean in the dry down mimics the masculinity of the warming heart notes and rounds out this amber and woody cologne. Still along for the ride, the lavender note remains present, but more subtly and smoothly. Aside from the punchy opening this one seems expertly blended and has the feel of a niche quality product.

I agree with other reviewers who find some small similarities with Chanel Allure and YSL La Nuit de l'Homme. I mean, F Black is not a clone of those colognes, however, it reminds Allure in the opening and then turns int YSL La Nuit de l'Homme in the heart and drydown. Notwithstanding, F Black is a nice fragrance per se with its personality. The notes I get most are lavender, black pepper, and tonka bean.

F Black has been created to be worn for evenings on the town and special occasions, anyway, today I'm rocking it at the office and did not get any disappointment. It's a cologne that fits perfectly with the colder months, Fall and Winter seasons, daytime, evening out, and rainy nights. The sillage and projection are average in my opinion, and the longevity is very good, I get around 8 hours on clothing. Overall this is a great cheapy to have in your collection, so if you can get past the lavender-heavy opening, you may be pleasantly surprised. Honestly, it doesn't blow me away in any particular aspect but rather is well above average across the board. No regrets.

-Elysium

Ewwwwww
This cologne is complete garbage
Smells like sweat
Like really bad sweat
Nothing attractive about that!!
Lasts 3 hours and barely projects for the first 10 mins
I don't know if it is the 2019 batch but it smells so bad i threw it away!!!!!
Halloween man shot is such a better cologne that supposedly should smell like it but smells better by milessssss
Honestly do not buy this!!!!
A pleasing everyman

If there is one fragrance in my small collection that I should pick out that always works, it is - besides Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme - Ferragamo's "F Black"! Reach in, spray on, off you go, no matter when, no matter where...

It has no wow-effect, but is always pleasant, doesn't bother anyone, and even receives an amazing number of compliments, as I have noticed over time. Durability as well as Sillage are perfectly ok. And all this for a price around 20 Euro for 100ml.

What else is there to criticize in a great way? Lavender, tonka, all the right stuff. A little sweetness, a little spice, in my nose also always the smell of Barber-Shop, everything okay. But also a little one-dimensional, too linear in the fragrance, a touch too powdery, too much synthetic. With these criteria, the difference to really good perfumes becomes clear, such as the above-mentioned AHSEE, which in direct comparison simply has more class, looks more natural, and even develops positively in the course of the fragrance. But also for five times the price...
ElDiabloBZ
Where do these hymns of praise come from?
After recommendations from Parfumo and, above all, after prolonged declarations of love from Jeremy, I finally had to take hold of this fragrance ...

Either I've caught the Monday batch, or one of the ingredients is playing badly with me here.

It is the 3rd fragrance that I bought blindly (and with a clear conscience, because of the price) and that I don't like at all despite the almost consistently positive reviews
What exactly is bothering me? I mean, the fragrance starts with a slightly rotten apple note and already here I am out as far as the fragrance is concerned. Exactly that's what made me hungry for "fun" with the other fragrances, too. An opening, which I associate with nights spent drinking through and the feeling of having exaggerated ... no nice feeling and therefore for me, no nice scent either.

I know I'm exaggerating. I'm sure the scent doesn't deserve it. But I can only explain it for myself, or rather explain it to others why this scent touches me rather negatively.

Maybe someone has a hint what smell this "rotten" starter produces?!
NilsFl
Executive floor for the small purse!
After the pirouette-turning YouTuber so gladly praised this smell as "the wolf of wallstreet" in the sky, I thought this could become my first blind purchase and for approx. 25 euro for a 100 ml one does nothing wrong here. Still quite standard in the top note, but after a while you are directly surrounded by a fragrance that literally screams for the top floor. Very masculine and fresh. In contrast to an aventus, which creates its masculinity rather through smoky woody notes, here one has a masculine freshness, which is mainly produced by apples and pepper. He's got something Oriental about him for me, too. All in all for the price a top fragrance that is even better for me than many a fragrance of the higher class !:)

Good but not great
I purchased this one because I had been a fan of Lacoste pour homme since my teenage years. I have had 2 bottled of that lacoste and enjoyed it a lot and it still reminds me of great memories.
However, I was not satisfied with longetivity of the second lacoste bottle I had so I searched for something similar but with better performance.
I got referred to this bottled. I used to love this bottle the first days I had, but after some time, I could see performance is not that great at all. The opening is not better than lacoste pour homme if not worse.
So overall, I am not that impressed with this perfume, even though I could easily wear it for a winter day at office.

AithanAithan 13 days ago
IMO, similar category as YSL LNDH. But different.
Harsh opening & pleasant drydown.
Peppery, spicy & lil powdery.
Above avg performance.
ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
This is a great cheapy to have in your collection, so if you can get past the lavender-heavy opening, you may be pleasantly surprised.
AmberScentAmberScent 15 months ago
A cocktail of La Nuit de l'Homee and Allure. It's a bit heavy when opening with lavender but very nice when drying down with tonka & amber.
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 2 years ago
Sweet Peppery Goodness...
MuotarekMuotarek 2 years ago
Too strong, cloying and not YSL La Nuit clone by any meaning. Not taking that hype train
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I am staying at home tonight.
Some music, a glass of tonic, a good book, and Ferragamo F Black sprayed in my forearms.
Enjoy life!
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
The lavender and tonka is nice, but it has a weird, almost sour-ish opening that could turn people off. 1 hour later, it's peppery goodness.

by Shuqush
by Ernie824
Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo pour Homme Black 50ml EdT
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Salvatore Ferragamo

Tuscan Creations - Terra Rossa by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Viola Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Signature by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Misteriosa by Salvatore Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Testa di Moro / Tuscan Scent - Incense Suede by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - Golden Acacia by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione Dolce Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Eleganza (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - White Mimosa by Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Ribelle (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Casual Life (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Vendemmia by Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina In Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo