F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (2009) Eau de Toilette

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France
F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) (Salvatore Ferragamo)
F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) (Salvatore Ferragamo)

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Black pepper, Coriander seed
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.11.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
A sweet bright lavender gem
Another very good work from Olivier Polge.
The relation quality versus price is very high in F Black, and to find a similar offer elsewhere is a tough task.
Congratulations to the House of Ferragamo for this bright jewel.
The opening apple and lavander notes are really pleasant.
The dry down is amazing with mildly sweet and balsamic notes.
In between you get the less imaginative but mandatory pepper.
Both the longevity and the projection are above average.
F Black is a very good fragrance on its own and should never be compared with some other expensive fragrances as their clone.
As far as I am concerned it is in my top fragrances list, and some of the fragrances to which F Black is often compared to, are not. I'll just mention two other very good fragrances with a similar price and scent of F Black:
- It's brother Ferragamo F.
- It's look alike Halloween Man Shot from Jesus Pozo.
You must try those two gems as well.

I rate F Black with a global 8.30/10.00 ------ up to 5 = avoid it;
------------------------------------------------------------- between 5 and 6 = under average;
------------------------------------------------------------- between 6 and 7 = average;
------------------------------------------------------------- between 7 and 8 =above average;
------------------------------------------------------------- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
------------------------------------------------------------- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
As with other fragrances you don't loose much if you blind buy it. It costed me €16.00 for a 100ml tester.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 5.5/10
Strong scent for winter
Only had it for a year, but I have a love/hate relationship with this one - as many others do. I really do not like the opening, it's very very strong and for me it's lavender/pepper all over. I've learned that I really do not care for lavender, so this is why it's a uphill battle for me. On the plus side, after an hour or so, the scent does become better for me, It's still a strong scent, so do not over spray. I find myself reaching for this one, when it is really cold outside, as in below 0 degree Celsius. I would go with 1 or 2 spray max. Have used it for work/college and casual settings. It is cheap, around 25-30 euros/ 100 ml and the longevity is crazy..... I can smell it the next day.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
either love or hate type
I am revisiting this one after buying it almost a year ago
I do not like the opening so much but let it sit a while and Dang is it GOOD! I can see that ysl blood pumping in this one (No Cardamom again:( yeah I know)
my sister went nut's for this one when I first let her try it, she asked me for a 5ml atomizer and she is very happy waring it yes her not her husband

This is not a safe fragrance! it's really not women love and go bonkers for it or they give you the look that says, if my stare could kill you, you would be killing you right now! of cores it also depends where you are in the cologne fresh application(NOT RECOMMENDED!) dry down (most love!) and by the end to skin is also nice :)

over all I like it not love but close

7.8-of-10 better if there was an edp and better bottle

cheap great reactions just get one (tester) I did buy a whole bottle
but that is why a suggest testers but I do find my self doing it again (full large blind buy's)

Hope this helps
Joseph God Bless and have a great evening
Bottle 2.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Good surprise! Heavy and sweet...
F Black has a strong longevity and medium-high sillage and projection.

Smells great and sexy with lots of tonka bean rounded by sweet lavender and some pepper.

Remembers me of Chanel Allure Pour Homme.That's a good surprise from this house.

Updated January 2014

MrHonest 11 months ago
The lavender and tonka is nice, but it has a weird, almost sour-ish opening that could turn people off. 1 hour later, it's peppery goodness.+4
Bottle 3.0
Sillage 8.0
Scent 7.5
Carlitos01 8 months ago
I am staying at home tonight.
Some music, a glass of tonic, a good book, and Ferragamo F Black sprayed in my forearms.
Enjoy life!+2
Bottle 6.0
Sillage 6.0
Scent 8.0
Muotarek 157 days ago
Too strong, cloying and not YSL La Nuit clone by any meaning. Not taking that hype train

• by Shuqush by Shuqush