Uomo (2016)Eau de Toilette

Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo

Uomo (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Salvatore Ferragamo Group.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Cardamom, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesTiramisu, Orange blossom, Ambrox
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.06.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Ben Barnes.

Gourmand indeed
This one smells absolutely DELICIOUS!! I get a load of the Tiramisu vibe as it holds, and it leaves me wanting some coffee to wash it down. I personally think that it could easily be a unisex fragrance; especially during the opening. Not that it’s too feminine, it’s just something that could easily accent a woman’s beauty as well. The drydown is where it really shines in my opinion; such a rich and smooth tonka vibe. The longevity is fantastic; an easy 8+ hours, and the sillage trail is nice and thick, but not overwhelming. It projects a good 3ft bubble that lasts, but remember that it’s a gourmand vibe, so it’s not going to stand out as very “unique”. It’s a great cooler weather scent that would work well on a date or in a cuddling session. I’m happy with this one, as I love my sweeter scents.

The sweet italian dessert
[short review]
Tiramisu is a complex scent and gives you an overall aroma of a mixture of coffee, cocoa and mascarpone cheese. Unquestionably this note marks the DNA of Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo. Depending of your nose it may lean more either to coffee or to cocoa but always with a creamy background. This note is mildly sweet but you can amplify it using spices like pepper, cardamom or tonka beans. Those were the note choices elected by Alberto Morillas for this fragrance. In the background there is a soft metalic ambery woodiness coming from ambroxan. Helas this note also adds a synthetic feeling to the fragrance blending and evolution. Of course I would prefer ambergris, but that would probably double the perfume price in a way that it wouldn't fit Ferragamo's market target for this Uomo line.
The opening is characterized by a bold and nice cardamom note, quickly overpowered by the tiramisu heart accord amplified by the ambroxan note. This phase is easily understood as a cappuccino accord or a coffee and cream accord. It's really the added sweetness and smoothness of the bottom of the tonka and cashmere notes that makes us maybe think about a dessert aroma.
The drydown is a bit more woody but nevertheless very sweet as well.
Performance is above average and strong enough for a long night out.
I don't consider it an unique perfume as it present vibes similar to some spicy sweet fragrances like Code Profumo, Stronger With You and Pure Tonka among others. However it has a distinct scent, probably a bit more gourmand than the mentioned examples.
Ladies like it and so do I. I just pity the heart slight synthetic ambroxan vibe that vanishes during the drydown.
I do recommend it if you like oriental gourmand fragrances.

Music: George Harrison - "My Sweet Lord"

Tiramisu monster
When I went to test this I had in mind mild cocoa and sweet coffee scents and sniffing this one with an already pictured image I was a bit dissapointed by the thickness of it which kind of put me off. I was expecting a gourmand and this one didn't give me even the slightest impression of being edible. All in all, a good, powerful scent, bit overwhelming due to it's liniarity and logevity but underwhelmingly non-original and non-gourmand at all on my skin.
There comes a time....
no, not where the water rises again, but where the leaves fall, it slowly gets darker earlier in the evening and the weather generally becomes a little dirtier. And exactly this time is simply my favorite time. Because now I can awaken scents like this from hibernation and enjoy this warm and delicious scent. Through the cardamom, winterly or better said cookie-baking associations are aroused in me directly and I see myself mentally again with the children the kitchen in the pre-Christmas attempt to bake these things in rubble and ashes. The fragrance Tiramisu, which is unique in the world of perfume and is perfectly rounded off by the woods and the vanilla Tonka in the base, is a great tuner for the darker season. You have to be up for it and it's not really suitable as a day fragrance. Not even in winter. Tiramisu is known to be a terribly tasty dessert, but every day I didn't want to eat it either
Tom27
The other day at the cake counter
I recently bought Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo from the souk (many thanks to Scentence at this point) and started my first test.
Immediately after the first spraying on the fragrance made itself first unpopular with me. I had expected something slightly citric and peppery, but was surprised by a synthetic alcohol explosion, which I otherwise only know from the cheapest fragrances. Fortunately this unpleasant smell disappeared after a few minutes and a pleasant sweetness took over the regiment. Afterwards I was bombarded with everything the big Gourmand building set has to offer: chocolate in the form of tiramisu, freshly baked cake garnished with vanilla cream. The cake buffet is accompanied by an indefinably woody note and a tiny swab of musk, provided by the cashmere wood.
This brew certainly doesn't have a unique selling point, because this or a similar way is also offered by Armani Code Profumo or CK Obsession For Men. Only the Tiramisu chord sets it a little apart from its competitors. I have to emphasize excellent projection and a durability of at least 8 hours on my skin.
With not too intensive use I could imagine that it will find its lovers due to its heaviness, in colder season.

Tiramsu in a bottle
Gourmand take and is called Uomo

It was the SOTD as of 12/08/18

Is a nice release from Ferragamo, I scent a gourmand vibe, like Tonka bean, sweet notes and citrus. As for the sweet notes like everyone posted reviews get that Tiramsu scent, in which I get as well. I do love gourmand fragrances with being Tonka bean one of my favorite note(s). To my nose is not overly sweet in your face, but to me on my nose it's blended just right.

Scent: 7.5/10
Longevity/Performance: on my skin I get 8-10+ hrs 8/10
Presentation:8/10
Overall: 8/10
Best winter / autumn scented
The fragrance is simply awesome and really stands out from most of the fragrances I currently so own ( Can I like to recommend fragrances ) to go away in the evening really a mega fragrance I see myself in the winter over the Christmas market run, all people nice & warm & happy (: .
Coffee (?) on extreme
After I wanted to try this fragrance for quite some time and Mr. Morillas
( again ) is always worth a try, it came now.

To anticipate one thing, shelf life ( loose 14 h with me and
even after 20h still perceptible ) first class, as well as you can actually see from
many other perfumes would wish for and the silage also very good.

But as with the Gucci Guilty Absolute the leather, here is still
with the coffee note ( in interaction with woody notes? ) so
exaggerated that she also already goes into leather and also over br /> Hours remains dominant.
The cake sweetness, which is quite tasty, is too much dominated here.
The rest remains in the background like with Gucci.
However, a cosy coffee and cake round looks different.

This is by no means a cuddly date perfume for me, but rather
a very special one, for some even imaginable as a statement scent for many I would Intense the lovers of Dior Homme, who are also a
a good dash of coffee leather and less powderiness to think about,
recommend a sample.
( Tested both again in comparison).

In any case, an unusual `bug`, but for me not
longed-for winter scent.
By the way, I noticed that there are a lot of scents that I could last try,
in contrast to the above, such a poor shelf life,
that it can be very disappointing what you partly get for your money.
From the price-performance, however, here everything in the best way...
5.5

Ferragamo Uomo
This was much-hyped on release, particularly in the youtube fragrancesphere, but after spending more time with it and waiting for the hype to die down, does it still stack up?

Slice of life.
GEEEEZUS!
I wish my future wife smells like this.
Straight beautiful sweet gourmand fragrance.
Shocked that this scent is made for men.
I got looks at work and comments on the train.
It brightens my day.
I used four sprays; one on both wrist, on my neck and work shirt.
It's a gentle beast, that wants your attention like a cute puppy. But more spray of it will turn you into a cotton candy factory with fangs. That's a warning.
Anyway, I have smelt four feet away and I wore this in the dead of winter. So imagine if I wore this during the summer, Damn!
For four hours this fragrance is out there, after that your scent bubble shrinks...So at the seventh-hour mark it a few inches above the skin.
Anyone walking pass you will still pick it up the scent.
This is a must buy.
I will buy another asap...before the price gets jacked up before it's discounted or reformulated.
$30 for a 3.4 Oz Bottle.

SKU Number: 8052086371804
Batch Number: 20G68AE3 (Production Date: 2016-06)

Scent: 5/5
Value: 5/5 ($30.00)
Sillage: 4/5 (Four feet scent wake or trail)
Longevity: 5/5 (Eight hours plus)
Creativity: 5/5 (Delicious, point blank)
Versatility: 5/5 (For anything(summertime, please only wear this at night) & everything, at any time!
But I'd save it for something special.
It smells that good.)

ItchynoseItchynose 7 months ago
Reminiscent of the brown icing on top of a coffee éclair pastry. Ambery sweetness rounded off with tonka beans.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
Cardamom, Cashemere and Tonka! This 1-2-3 of notes just make spetacular fragrances. Adding Tiramisu just make a perfect gourmand perfume.
AmberScentAmberScent 22 months ago
FFantastic FFerragamo SSweet SScent! Morillas and Guichard teamed up quite nicely to produce this "Breakfast at Tiffany's" type of fragrance
DPArtistDPArtist 23 months ago
Sweet, warm and comforting scent which is at the same time alluring & sexy. Coffee, sugar and chocolate but not sickly sweet. Molto bene.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
It opens like licorice, but it's like a sweet breakfast in an Italian luxury hotel, when you smell the coffee and cappuccino in the air!

by Flavio
by Honk1510
by Mathias86
by Mathias86

Popular Salvatore Ferragamo

Tuscan Creations - Terra Rossa by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Viola Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Signature by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - Golden Acacia by Salvatore Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Testa di Moro / Tuscan Scent - Incense Suede by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Misteriosa by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione Dolce Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Eleganza (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent - White Mimosa by Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Creations - Vendemmia by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina Ribelle (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Casual Life (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo by Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina In Fiore (Eau de Toilette) by Salvatore Ferragamo