Amo Ferragamo (2018) Eau de Parfum

Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) by Salvatore Ferragamo

Amo Ferragamo (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo for women and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Salvatore Ferragamo Group.

Marie Salamagne

Top Notes Top NotesCampari, Blackcurrant, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Mate absolute, Rhubarb
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla, Ambrox, Sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is British model Suki Waterhouse, photographed by Ellen von Unwerth.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

no Campari - no Party!
Yes, I know, the original commercial is called "No Martini - no Party!".
But George Clooney will surely tell me if I tinker around a bit here; because Ferragamo's "Amo" invites you to do so.

Once again, yes! "Amo Ferragamo"!
Ferragamo is for me a piece of Italian fashion, which I personally would not like to miss in the form of the beautiful silk foulards.
The always difficult farewell to the land where a part of my soul lives was regularly sweetened on board the Alitalia by the purchase of a new cloth. And yet tears flowed so often.
Of course also on the way back from Milan.

Ferragamo - Milan - Campari: the big three who promise "L'Arte Vivendi".
Salvatore Ferragamo with his stylish hand for fashion: the shoemaker from Naples became one of the fashion tsars of his time; he experienced all ups and downs.
Amo Ferragamo!

Milan as an elegant fashion metropolis (with high smog and fog tendency) and always a popular shopping destination.
Unfortunately I only know Milan in winter; in the past it only happened to be there for "Christmas Shopping".
A stroll on the roof of the cathedral has its charm also at this season; it is also not quite so full, but the view - with some luck up to the Alps - is just as spectacular on clear days as at the other times of the year!
Observing the general trend, I sometimes ask myself: Has "Starbucks" also set up a branch on the roof of the Milan Cathedral?
I wouldn't be surprised; you can find these coffee shops really everywhere - whether they fit there or not.

Campari: my generation drinks "Campari", lives with it from its earliest youth.
The sticky, bitter stuff that originally got its red colour from the natural colouring of the cochineal scale insect, but which has now been replaced by a chemical variant.
Together with quinine, herbs, rhubarb, pomegranate, ginseng and many secrets this cult drink was created.
Good as a base for cocktails; with soda water "on the Rocks" is best for me.
And what do you order in the afternoon after a stroll through the city, sitting on an Italian piazza:
Campari - what else!
(Of course it's called "Nespresso - what else"; but today I'm crossing borders - George Clooney may forgive me!)

Thus "Amo Ferragamo", although as a fruity-sweet fragrance from my "fragrant main way" to a "side way" (Paul Klee also has to come here today!) seductively meets my Italian nerve.
The magic of the country lies in this tasteful flacon: lightness, elegance and a lot of admiration for women!

Campari is of course also served as an aperitivo here: that's why this fragrance composition gets its first herbaceous note.
To give the fragrant red even more colour, the bitter black currant is added; a sprig of rosemary with its aromatic needles underlines this fragrance opening.
This is very fine for now; a bit of bitter cabbage is always good for a sweet cocktail!
The heavy white umbels of the small-flowered jasmine, which differ only slightly in aroma from the big "sister in fragrance", carry this through to the heart with an almost sultry floral heaviness and through Italian, a bit glamorous creature.
Mate-tea steers the scent once more into bitterness, before rhubarb takes the Campari route again. This plant also belongs to the mysterious red mix that Gaspare Campari offered for the first time in his small bar near the "Galleria Vittorio Emanuele" and which has conquered the world since then The white jasmine blossom splendour, which I felt to be slightly bitter-herbal and fruity, a bit gender-neutral up to now, changes quickly: the racy woman lifts her head, opens her eyes - the slightly overcast look fascinates, lures: "Buongiorno, Amore mio!" seems to be the message.
Because now the box of fine erotic fragrances is opened: a vanilla-heavy embrace warms and seduces at the same time. Now it's time to cuddle!
Sandalwood and an animal nuance that is not quite so easy with Ambrox crown a fragrance arrangement that is not stingy with wonderful sensory stimuli and is not commonplace.

With "Amo Ferragamo" I once again succeeded in taking a step back into the "great" perfume era, which lovingly and adoringly underlined the charm of women, flattered them, made them shine!
"Amo Ferragamo" rolls out a very special red carpet for us women!
This charming, a little old-fashioned appeal of gallantry is sometimes missing in my newer fragrance creations.
Some, despite their sensuality and passion, are just a bit too direct for me.
Ferragamo knows the old game of conquest very well; he plays it with "Amo Ferragamo" virtuosos.

So the only thing left is to stroll through the Piazza del Duoma in Milan accompanied by this charming creature; to look here - to be astonished there and perhaps to take a bag or two with you from a shop after the temptation to only see through the shop window was too great.
To then observe the colourful, lively hustle and bustle in one of the many caf├ęs on the wide square, stimulated and yet relaxed - to enjoy a Milanese daily statement!
"Cameriere: Un Campari Soda, per favore!"
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Rhubarb compote
Do you know what marzipan potatoes, liquorice snails and rhubarb have in common? You love her or you hate her. Nobody says, "Joa, marzipan, it's okay!" Or "I like liquorice very much sometimes!" There is only black or white - and rhubarb is exactly the same. I personally love the red-green stems and like to process them with berries to jam or sweet compote.

That's exactly what the perfume Amo reminds me of - a freshly cooked rhubarb compote. It has already given me a few compliments, the most concise of which was the statement: "It doesn't smell like any perfume" Yes, it is. At the beginning Amo sniffs a little bit of water, which Campari and Johannisbeere are responsible for. I can't really make out rosemary - I only know that in combination with potatoes. :-)

In the top note Amo becomes beautiful: Jasmine and rhubarb smell wonderfully sweet-floral, soon the delicate vanilla is added. I don't know of any fragrance that smells similar - it's a gourmand, but it doesn't have a gorgeous bum. It may be flowery, but it is not a bright sea of flowers. Amo always goes - to the office, in his spare time, to dinner. It adapts wonderfully, never gets too much and has an ideal Sillage, which is not too strong and not too weak
8.0 7.0 6.0 7.5/10

Amo Ferragamo (I love Ferragamo): a cocktail made perfume
Tested when it came out and re-tested a few days ago, this new scent by Salvatore Ferragamo is quite interesting; I had the time to appreciate it and now I like how it smells on my skin: at the opening, I smell mainly the blackcurrant note, fresh and juicy, sweet but not sweetish. I don't smell so much the Campari, but rather the fresh mate at the heart , less the rhubarb, which is usually bitter, because the Whole acchord remains sweet on my skin. The base notes give warmth to this "cocktail" who seems to be created by a bartender. I like spraying this scent, whenever I find the tester at the drugstore, in the hottest days because is very refreshing with gourmand accents. The longevity and the sillage are average to good and the multifaceted bottle is very nice and refined. The price is quite high but right in comparison to the product quality. So, may I offer you a drink?

Trucklady 61 days ago
Campari wished it smelled like this. Herbal, sweet, slightly soapy and bitter fruits. Mature take on the fruchouli trend, but executed well.
PBullFriend 117 days ago
Love rhubarb, blackcurrant,but don't smell any here. Cheap synthetic scent for tweens, a mix of Hidden Fantasy & Incanto Charm?+1
4.0
5.0
5.0
2.0
Jazzy76 21 months ago
I tested on the paper strip and I smelled mainly the top notes and the mate. Not bad, but quite evanescent+3
6.0