Deva des Fleurs

Deva des Fleurs by Sama
Where to buy?
Deva des Fleurs is a perfume by Sama for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.07.2013

Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 10.0/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 8.0/10
3 Awards
Another earthy delight
Judging by the extremely low ratings on these Sama all-natural, mostly organic perfumes, I am in the minority. The more I wear these, the more I like them. I received sample sets from an online emporium and admit that upon initially wearing the perfumes I found it difficult even to tell them apart because the earthy, essential oil base seems so strong in all of them. What I found from wearing them on multiple occasions, however, is that there are subtle distinctions and that I find these creations rather addictive. Adventurous types who appreciate perfumes such as Clinique AROMATICS ELIXIR may be able to wrap their nose around the Sama perfumes. Others need not apply.

DEVA DES FLEURS lists sandalwood, vanilla, frankincense, and ylang among its notes, but I smell more flowers than just ylang. The vanilla is very light so this is not at all sweet. It also does not smell like an incense perfume. So what, exactly, does it smell like? It smells like an extremely earthy blend of woods and rich oils. It's clearly an acquired taste, and my suspicion is that the low marks are based on first-time wearings. With time, as one grows accustomed to the distinctive, dark, slightly dirty but still very natural quality, and one recognizes that this is a completely different genre from gentile niche or synthetic designer perfumes, then one can appreciate this sort of composition for what it is.

Well, that is what has happened to me. I doubt that I would wear these perfumes in public, but I love to wear them to bed. Are they aromatherapeutic? Perhaps. I do have a sense of well being when I wear them. I have smelled plenty of bad natural perfumes, which are sour, vinegarish, sharp, and generally stinky and unpleasant. Sama perfumes are nothing like that--but they are quite distinct from your average slick niche perfume.

The bottles are beautiful. I already own the JARDIN D'IRIS and LOUP DES STEPPES, and I'm thinking about acquiring a bottle of DEVA DES FLEURS as well. Even if I never wear these creations anywhere but in the privacy of my own boudoir, that's reason enough for me.

Popular Sama

Ambar Yaar by Sama Jardin d'Iris by Sama Loup des Steppes by Sama Deva des Fleurs by Sama Oudh Jasmin by Sama Lily Fiori by Sama Magda Rosa by Sama