Ginestra by Santa Maria Novella
Ginestra is a popular perfume by Santa Maria Novella for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is green-floral. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Floral notesFloral notes
BroomBroom

Submitted by Florblanca, last update on 29.11.2021.

Turandot
Flowery - not from tropical climes.
Researches to various broom species have confused me first of all rather than enlightened me. Since I have never consciously seen broom here in the Alpine foothills, let alone smelled it, my impression of this shrub is limited to yellow-flowering landscapes that passed me on various train journeys. I have there the Eifel, the Rhine valley, but also the Swabian Alb in memory.

So if Ginestra from the house of Santa Maria Novella has the typical scent of the plant as its theme, then for me this is a pleasantly unsweet scent of flowers. Herb would be too drastic, but nothing reminds me with the perfume of the usual floral scents, which are currently pouring out the cornucopia of flora with orange blossom, tuberose, jasmine and similar messengers. There are also no citrus notes that promise us floral fresh scents with a pleasing top note, in order to bring out the musk, amber or vanilla leg after a floral intermezzo, especially in the base.

The mood of Ginestra is friendly throughout, maybe there is also Heliotrop in the game. At no time is the exotic desire to travel to the Caribbean or even the South Seas awakened to us. The fragrance also has no spectacular course. That may sound boring, but it's not a drawback for me. Not every fragrance has to tell me a story, sometimes I just like to perceive the mood of a landscape, the feeling of having arrived, or an imaginary smile. That is the case with Ginestra, at least for me, and with an amazingly long shelf life.

A comment on Santa Maria Novella: "The brand has long had an elitist image, characterised by the fact that, apart from the famous time-honoured shop in Florence, the fragrances were only available in selected perfumeries and at the point of sale and not via the Internet. I was surprised that at least in Munich a flagship store was opened and even more amazed I noticed that you can now order directly online via the company's website. Unfortunately, there are neither bottlings nor discovery sets to buy, but that may change as well. In any case, I am sure that one or the other fragrance will find its way into my collection.

Mind Blowingly Fresh!
Wow! This is a zesty perky fresh light tonic in the style of "4711" and other light but persistent citrusy colognes. Perfect for a man or a woman in the hottest most humid heat of the Summer, this one will provide that fresh clean feeling without the soapy note. This fragrance peaks after about 20 minutes and opens into a confident feel-good scent kind of like an icy Italian Soda in the midday sun, not particularly sweet but sunny art and invigorating describe it best. A wonderful daytime office scent, it wears fairly close to the skin but will leave those around you with a positive impression of your clean crisp aroma. It's definitely going on my FB list for unique daytime, yet professional wear.

Popular Santa Maria Novella

Porcellana by Santa Maria Novella Città di Kyoto by Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Cuba by Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Cala Rossa by Santa Maria Novella Melograno (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Muschio by Santa Maria Novella Ottone by Santa Maria Novella Rosa Novella by Santa Maria Novella Vetiver (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne by Santa Maria Novella Fieno by Santa Maria Novella Fresia by Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia by Santa Maria Novella Lavanda Ambrata by Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella Alba di Seoul by Santa Maria Novella Ambra by Santa Maria Novella Verbena by Santa Maria Novella Angeli di Firenze / Angels of Florence by Santa Maria Novella