Marescialla

Marescialla by Santa Maria Novella
Marescialla is a popular perfume by Santa Maria Novella for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notes, Mace
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Rosa centifolia
Base Notes Base NotesOriental woods, Musk

Submitted by Florblanca, last update on 22.09.2020.

Mörderbiene
Doubtlessly doubtful - at first!
The title suggests it, I would like to tie my comment loosely to that of the previous speaker.
Maresciallo translates as sergeant, Marescialla would therefore be the sergeant's wife, or, for historical reasons, rather the wife of the sergeant. I do not know how to link this name with the scent even after activating the rear brain convolutions, so this information is only in passing
When Susan brought the sample to our Corona miniature perfume-spätzletreff - she knew I appreciated the brand - I didn't know Caligari's comment. And was accordingly whether the bitingly sharp vapours, which wanted to war my nose, were not prepared Marescialla starts very special, even unpleasant. I actually smell some linoleum wax like in the high corridors of our old school (or a police station?), resinous turpentine (maybe the watchman's wife paints?), modelling glue (?) and a hint of sweetness of an overripe banana (the leftover of the lunch break package from the day before?). Also I wouldn't know anything that would be comparable even in the beginning.
I had already written off the scent internally, tested something else - more boring - in the course of the afternoon, temporarily lost Marescialla from my nose.
On the drive home, a fascinating, spicy and soapy smell rises into my nose. Within the bounds of possibility at the wheel, trying out all kinds of sprayed body parts, I got stuck at the right crook of my arm relatively quickly.
After the unspeakable first hour, Marescialla develops into a not necessarily pleasant, but nevertheless captivating patchouli-wood chord, in which the soap note typical of the brand is embedded. There is reddish spice, dry earthiness, a hint of banana-like residual sweetness, which however blends in wonderfully and subordinates itself, there are creaky woods and curling pipe smoke, and just mild, Italian soap.

Even if I will not acquire the fragrance despite all the captivating fascination and ultimately not unpleasant development - I am not that masochistic - Santa Maria Novella prove impressively here the range of fragrances they are able to cover in constant quality.
I understand the attraction that this scent seems to exert on the previous speaker, but I can barely escape it.
Although it is with great pleasure that I wear it for the third time in a row...
Doubtful
Again and again, the degree of distribution of, and attention to, a fragrance through comments, statements, and number of users shown here makes me think and despair. I know it is absolutely meaningless to apply one's own sensation as a yardstick to others. And yet I can't get over the fact that seven owners are confronted with so few comments, statements or even ratings.

But somehow this also reflects the peculiarity of the fragrance. A few months ago, when I was given a bottle of it as a gift, I didn't know at first whether I should be happy or annoyed. Not about the gesture, but about the scent itself. It was and still is a unique fragrance to which I could not even call a fourth-degree relative, let alone a fragrance twin.

As children we spent a few days a year with my grandmother who lives about 40 kilometres away. She lived in an old farmhouse, which after the death of her husband, in my opinion, was no longer greatly modernised. We children always slept in a small chamber at the end of the corridor on the upper floor. It contained old furniture from the 1950s and even older furniture. No wallpaper on the wall and a grey mottled linoleum floor framed the for us children quite strange "ambience". There was neither insulation nor heating and therefore the room was rather damp and a bit musty. The smell of this room, with all its dull to morbid charisma, is the only thing that for me goes even approximately in the direction of Marescialla. So I was shocked after the first rehearsal! How did this happen and who bottles it? A few weeks later I took a heart and did a generous daily test. In fact, this time my nose was more grasped and the pendulum was more in the direction of "fascinated".

Now I finally see a bottle of Marescialla in front of me. When I smelled the nebulizer, I first thought it fell. Like stain. Solvent with sharp fruitiness and something plastic at the same time. Only the comparison with the bottling confirmed, my memory played a trick on me, because both are identical.

I don't know what he wants and what he's doing. And I am completely surprised that there are at least six other people on this globe who are either fascinated or even attracted by such a scent. In fact, the producer is a monastery pharmacy. And that makes more sense to me now. It could be a) an embrocation against colds and/or muscular problems or b) an almost bitter medical (cough) juice with some fruit
A few days ago, when I wore it to sports, I was unsolicitedly told that today I would smell particularly strongly of freshly washed laundry. I was prepared for a lot of (criticism) that day, but that gave me the rest!

Contrary to my other habits, I cannot make a recommendation here with a clear conscience. I have no target group at all in mind and remain helpless with the bottle. I don't know if I'm ever gonna put that on again. But I can't give it away either.

KingPinKingPin 21 months ago
Starts off dark as tar and mace, but suddenly opens up to a smooth, sexy, earthy almost animal scent. Intriguing, peculiar, exquisite.

Classico italiana intensa
by TomLavender

Popular Santa Maria Novella

Acqua di Cuba by Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Porcellana by Santa Maria Novella Città di Kyoto by Santa Maria Novella Muschio by Santa Maria Novella Melograno (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Fieno by Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne by Santa Maria Novella Ottone by Santa Maria Novella Vetiver (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Lavanda Ambrata by Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella Cala Rossa by Santa Maria Novella Zagara by Santa Maria Novella Ambra by Santa Maria Novella Tuberosa by Santa Maria Novella Patchouli (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia by Santa Maria Novella Verbena by Santa Maria Novella Angeli di Firenze / Angels of Florence by Santa Maria Novella