Tuberosa by Santa Maria Novella
Tuberosa is a perfume by Santa Maria Novella for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Tuberose

Submitted by Florblanca, last update on 19.04.2020.

Cumulnimbus
Lovely polite though not innocent
Can a tuberose scent be elegant, chic, yet sensual and classic? This is IMO the case of Tuberosa. You can feel the white flower bouquet leaded by the beautiful tuberose just from the beginning, ylang introduces in the potion the powdery velvety slightly carnal effect, while a hint of clove connects it to classic pre-1960's perfumes. The drydown is soft, powdery, woody and creamy, but still airy. It isn't a dense thick perfume (not so resinous as you would expect looking at the notes listed), it is a cologne, feminine, sweet, cheerful of an unconcerned aesthetic that still can't be felt as innocent in any way.

The evolution is quite fast on my skin as it tends to be the case with edc. On my skin it lasts 4 to 5 hours, on clothes it stays for days, what I consider a pretty good performance given the concentration.

Don't get the pyramid fool you, this has a transparent polite sillage, which makes it a non offensive day use perfume for an educated nose that has a love for both tuberose and vintage aesthetics.

I wonder if Germaine Cellier knew this one? Fracas can be a rebelious, provocative, noisy, fruity and spoiled daughter of Tuberosa. If you love Fracas but find it difficult to pull it off for everyday casual use, try this gem.

I want to give it an extra point for being fairly priced as opposed to the new trend quickly spreading all over niche houses giving crazy, out of proportion prices to their offers. This one gives great value for your money.

Buongiorno, Bella Novella!
This is simply put, just as advertised. I am a fan! I love it when things are true to their nature and uncomplicated. This is Tuberose that can be worn to work without a big migraine or a fuss. This is a gentle water breeze with nothing to hide. There is no sweetness to this beyond the natural essence of the blossom itself. There is no struggle of juxtaposed accords or brash statement of art- the flower it self is the delicate dewy water soaked flower alone in the garden and it is truly beautiful. Tuberosa is a fully unisex Tuberose, you can't go wrong. OMG, am I gushing?! It's most likely due to the fact that I really want to delve into Tuberose lately- but honestly I look at my bottle of "Carnal Flower" like it is a hostile and alien extraterrestrial some days. I am not enlightened enough or anymore for my beloved "Fracas". L'Artisan's "Nuit De Tubereuse" sported such a hefty dose of Sandalwood on the dry down that I had to admit defeat. And so it goes...I find myself at the House of Santa Maria Novella- reknown perfumers of the likes of Catherine Di Medici. Founded in 1221...they know their stuff! This is probably one of the few houses that I can say, I've sampled most of and they are pretty safe for even blind buying- if you want your Vanilla/Vaniglia- light and creamy without sugar- you shall have it...If you crave sunny lemony-fresh bright yellow scotch broom/Ginestra- just as it sits on the hillsides of the Mediterranean regions ...Yatzee! And every single scent I buy from them is eminently wearable- uberlight sillage, perfect for chemical sensitive coworkers but persistent enough for personal joy and expertly crafted, Tuberosa will be no exception. I have also had great success with layering from this line because each scent is like a layer of fine silk.

Popular Santa Maria Novella

Acqua di Cuba by Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Porcellana by Santa Maria Novella Città di Kyoto by Santa Maria Novella Muschio by Santa Maria Novella Melograno (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Fieno by Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne by Santa Maria Novella Ottone by Santa Maria Novella Vetiver (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Lavanda Ambrata by Santa Maria Novella Marescialla by Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella Cala Rossa by Santa Maria Novella Zagara by Santa Maria Novella Ambra by Santa Maria Novella Patchouli (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia by Santa Maria Novella Verbena by Santa Maria Novella Angeli di Firenze / Angels of Florence by Santa Maria Novella