Vaniglia by Santa Maria Novella
7.6 / 10 28 Ratings
Vaniglia is a popular perfume by Santa Maria Novella for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Main accords

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes LemonLemon BergamotBergamot OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart Notes JasmineJasmine VanillaVanilla
Base Notes Base Notes VanillaVanilla Soft woodsSoft woods BenzoinBenzoin
Submitted by Florblanca, last update on 20.12.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Very helpful Review 9
Vaniglia - soothing and exciting at the same time
For a long time, I was lurking around the brand Santa Maria Novella, but could not quite decide which fragrance I would like to get to me. The coincidence wanted that I was aware of a comment here, on Vaniglia, which otherwise almost certainly would not have been my first choice. Scent: Vanilla - nothing else... that can mean a lot, but such a Soliflor (if it smells like the flower) can also be boring. The comment, however, aroused my curiosity, and I ordered it to me.

The shipping was insanely fast and after 4 days I already held the package in my hands.

The bottle is classic and beautifully understated, and the splash bottle comes with a kit to convert it to a spray bottle - I'm a sprayer, so I use the spray attachment.
Now for the scent: vaniglia is indeed simply VANILLE! However, SIMPLE ONLY does not do justice to the fragrance in any way. Here the deep, balsamic scent of the flowers of the vanilla orchid flows towards me. And in an abundance, like that of a large vanilla creeper, overflowing with nectar dripping blossoms. Warm, deep, minimally green, and supremely natural. The scent stays with vanilla, though it evolves into vanilla bean. That is, it becomes even warmer and even more balsamic - if you've ever opened a packet of real vanilla beans from Madagascar, you'll know what I mean. Vaniglia represents vanilla in its natural pure form - this isn't a squeaky, artificially exaggerated, loud vanilla. This is the complexity of smelling natural vanilla - terribly simple, but terribly good! The scent seems light, but it has staying power. Not a scent that is constantly saying "HERE I AM! HEY NOTE ME, I WAS EXPENSIVE!" but one of those scents that positively embellishes my own scent. The not annoying, and even in close contact, the nose of the other does not "bite".
Me this fragrance calms incredibly, and at the same time he awakens the positive spirits. He is gentle but determined.
I can recommend it to anyone who likes natural scents that you do not smell everywhere - vanilla you should like, however.
Top Review 49
Unsweet vanilla
Under "I like" in my profile, the first favorite note is vanilla. Whether I really like vanilla best of all fragrances, I can not say. After all, I like many notes. But a look at my collection and the "alumni" it becomes clear very quickly that vanilla is high on my list.

Yet there are so many differences with vanilla. From gourmandig, often in combination with fruit notes about food-sweet, for example, often found in Comptoir Sud Pacifique, to beautiful orientals, the vanilla mixes gladly in the most diverse compositions. In combination with indolic florals, it can even seem animalic. At least for some noses.

My favorite vanilla is special. It's not the gourmand vanilla. The vanilla I cherish as the perfect companion, and with which I never feel perfumed but all-around connected, is a light oriental vanilla with a slightly spicier counterpart. That can be patchouli, that can be woody-resinous tones, a bit of smoke or - and this is how I love them best of all - myrrh. I was introduced to this combination in Macadam by Il Profumo and fell head over heels in love. Sure, we also have patchouli and florals, but this wonderful bond that the myrrh here with the vanilla enters, is a dream.

With Santa Maria Novella, I read vanilla as the only fragrance note. But as this fragrance presents itself to me, this can not only be vanilla, which captivates me here. The fragrance is initially woody, but then becomes a little bit sweeter in the course. Floral I can not make out here. Just this woody note that I can't pinpoint, vanilla and something that makes me think of myrrh. If the fragrance is about 2-3 hours on the skin, it reminds me very much of macadam, even if Vaniglia comes along much less sweet.

All gentlemen, but also ladies who are always looking for an unsweet vanilla fragrance. Here it is. Rarely sniffed a more unsweet vanilla and in addition so beautiful! After 3-4 hours, the base shows up, in which I recognize my beloved Muschio from the same brand. So in the base, in my opinion, musk clearly sets the tone.

The top note is unfortunately something to get used to. That is perhaps the only shortcoming that this wonderful fragrance has. My husband says he would perceive a pungent note. I even confirm this, however this slight "twinge" does not bother me at all. This makes the fragrance special for me.

For a purchase it will probably not quite enough in the end, also because of Mr. Polly. But this Santa Maria Novella was allowed to sweeten me today not only the morning, but equal to the whole day. And that in a very unsweet way.

Many thanks to Susan, who always pulls treasures out of her magic box that make me happy.

More sugar than vanilla
I'm still in a slight state of shock. I never expected to smell such a sweet vanilla scent. Actually it's sweeter than sweet, it smells almost like a bag of icing sugar.

It's hard to detect the vanilla in Santa Maria Novella's Vaniglia. It seems to be smothered by a variety of sweet accords; soft incense, sugary powder and banana lollies. If you're not looking for the perfect vanilla, then this fragrance is enjoyably different, but for vanilla lovers seeking vanilla in all its glory, this fragrance could be a disappointment.

In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of the sugary and powdery opening, but I do like it once it reaches the heart. Vaniglia becomes increasingly spicier and smokier as it settles on the skin. Very unique in its approach and strangely sensual.

It's somewhat of an acquired taste in some ways. It's not something that I initially liked, yet the more I subject myself to smelling it, the more it grows on me. The spicy and musky accords really make Vaniglia an interesting experience on the skin. After five hours of wear, the scent is still there but very subtle, as you would expect from a cologne.

Throughout Vaniglia's development, I really didn't sense any strong vanilla accords, however I did smell it every now and then, lingering in the background, not necessarily wanting to be found. Sugar, spices, powder and smoky incense is a more realistic scent description.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Popular by Santa Maria Novella

Porcellana by Santa Maria Novella Cala Rossa by Santa Maria Novella Città di Kyoto by Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Muschio by Santa Maria Novella Melograno (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia by Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Cuba by Santa Maria Novella Rosa Novella by Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne by Santa Maria Novella Ottone by Santa Maria Novella Fresia by Santa Maria Novella Vetiver (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella Ambra by Santa Maria Novella Lavanda Ambrata by Santa Maria Novella L'Iris by Santa Maria Novella Alba di Seoul by Santa Maria Novella Fieno by Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella Patchouli (Eau de Cologne) by Santa Maria Novella