Lôant by Santi Burgas
Lôant is a perfume by Santi Burgas for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is synthetic-sweet. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Blanca Dalmau

AmberAmber
AmbroxanAmbroxan
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
CashmeranCashmeran
NutmegNutmeg
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.06.2019.

2.5

Cashmeran, Just Cashmeran...
Loant opens with a blast of a vague synthetic blonde woody accord with a hint of underlying white floral jasmine. Moving to the early heart the vague synthetic blonde woody accord picks up even more steam, easily dominating the gentle nutmeg spice that joins the jasmine in subtle support with the overall effect showing a slightly boozy scotch-like facet to the synthetic woods. During the late dry-down the synthetic blonde woods remain the sole star, shedding their subtle floral and spice support through the finish. Projection is outstanding, as is longevity at over 15 hours on skin.

Another Santi Burgas sample, another disappointment... Loant can best be described in one word, cashmeran. Cashmeran is near certainly the source driving the synthetic blonde woody focus of the composition, and outside of it there really isn't much to talk about. On paper nutmeg spice comes more to the fore, but on skin it is pretty much all cashmeran, all the time. The only thing adding to the composition beyond the synthetic blonde woods is a slightly metallic white floral accord that comes off more prominent on skin than on paper, but always takes a back seat to the woods. I *will* say that the composition has some extremely impressive performance metrics, as the synthetics project and last big time. That said, if you are like me and really dislike the heavy use of cashmeran in compositions, excellent performance is a major negative. A friend recently reminded me that each of these Santi Burgas compositions is meant to be combined with others for a more complete experience and maybe Loant would improve if used with the others. That said, the cashmeran is so strong here, I can't imagine anything I could pair it with (Santi Burgas or otherwise) that would entice me to want to wear this stuff. The bottom line is the 89 Euro per 50ml bottle Loant is a cashmeran bomb plain and simple, and in the opinion of this writer that is a very bad thing, earning the composition a "very poor" 1 star out of 5 and an extremely strong avoid recommendation except for lovers of the primary ingredient who will near surely enjoy Loant immensely.

Coutureguru
Something different for a change ...
The Lôant discovery collection has made it to me down here on the southern tip of Africa as it does the rounds of a sample pass initiated here at Parfumo by Franfan20 (thanks very much for this opportunity!!). These were forwarded to me by the lovely Cryptic ... and I have to say "so far so good!"

I'm not totally sold on a collection that can be blended willy-nilly by the hand that applies it ... this is the same objection I have to the Tom Ford collection but I'm not here to continue that rant :).

Lôant is touted as the 'molecular connector' of the collection, presumably then the one that would bring a combination of the others together as a heart note. I actually find it really good just on its own ... a sort of amped up Molecule 01 that actually smells like something ... chemical, but definitely appealing to my nose. The combination of Ambroxan and Cashmeran here is quite subtle but definitely present, bearing very little resemblance the Cashmeran bomb called Alien ... which I happen to adore! I must admit to liking the sour/bitterness experienced by Silverfire below :) ... I chalk it up to "different strokes" LOL.
I have Lôrose on my other wrist, and when I hold the two together the mix becomes rather appealing!

The only thing that doesn't float my boat is the rather hefty €85/50ml price tag. A mix of just three of these pops them into rather inaccessible territory ... at least for me.

Update:

7 or so hours in and a single spray of Lôant is still radiating beautifully off my right wrist. I'm afraid I'm feeling a little hooked :) ... it seems the sillage and longevity here are quite worthy of the price tag. I'm still not convinced that it would be better layered ... I'm loving it as a 'stand alone' ...

Sour Flower Meets Isopropyl Alcohol
For the first two hours of its out-of-the-bottle life, Loant is aromatic isopropyl alcohol. You get occasional whiffs of a character, but that doesn't reveal itself in full until the two hour mark. Then you breathe in and discover pencil eraser and sour flower -- yuugh! It’s like a flower with jagged leaves, more feminine than masculine, but it may be too weird or edgy for some. Its projection is about 3 feet, so it has a presence. You won't be able to escape it. It will follow you around like a deranged doctor in a bad slasher flick.

I do have to hand it to Santi Burgas on both the presence and duration of Loant. At eight hours it's still going strong, and I get whiffs of it even at fourteen! If you want to smell like sour flowers dipped in isopropyl alcohol all day long, this is your go-to scent.

by HouseOfNiche
by HouseOfNiche

Popular Santi Burgas

Palindrome II by Santi Burgas Palindrome I by Santi Burgas Primal Waters - TDM: Torroella de Montgrí by Santi Burgas Santi Burgas by Santi Burgas White Collection - ÔIKB by Santi Burgas Primal Waters - ADH: Aroma de Hormiguero by Santi Burgas Lôvann by Santi Burgas White Collection - Eau Dadà by Santi Burgas Lôrose by Santi Burgas Primal Waters - NYC: New York City by Santi Burgas White Collection - Miss Betty Vair by Santi Burgas Palindrome III by Santi Burgas Lôtree by Santi Burgas White Collection - Oud de Burgas by Santi Burgas Lôence by Santi Burgas Lôjazz by Santi Burgas White Collection - Flaming Red by Santi Burgas Lôbitt by Santi Burgas Eau Dadette by Santi Burgas Lômusk by Santi Burgas