Covet Pure Bloom 2008

Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker
Bottle Design Chad Levigne
Covet Pure Bloom is a perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Coty.

Amber, Iris, Jasmine, Coconut milk, Mandarin orange, Musk, Plum, Sandalwood, Tuberose

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 23.08.2020.

2.5

Purple floral
I think this is my favourite out of the Sarah Jessica Parker fragrance collection. The scent itself surprised me. I was expecting something really fruity, perhaps even similar to the original Covet. Covet Pure Bloom is much lighter, sweeter and more flowery.

I really love the coconut in this fragrance. It gives that aura of an exotic celebration which makes this perfume best suited to the warmer months. The plum note also keeps this fragrance from becoming too citrusy, blending well with the tuberose and jasmine.

I find the bottle very appealing. It is cute yet feminine and pretty. The purple colouring suits this perfume well.

Unfortunately, Pure Bloom does not have good lasting power. However, because this fragrance is so light and fresh, reapplying during the day would not be of any problem.

Covet's Sorry Little Sister
I wish that I could say that my enthusiasm for COVET extended to COVET PURE BLOOM, but, alas, I cannot. I still love the bottle, but this combination of essentially all of the notes omitted from COVET—with purple fruits and "abstract florals" dominating the show—is neither intriguing nor complex. Synthetic, yes indeed, and not in an appealing avant-garde way. This is the sort of perfume that gives "abstract florals" a very bad name.

I tried a sample of COVET PURE BLOOM last winter and was not at all appalled by it, so I decided to acquire a bottle, hoping to discover that this composition was "challenging" like its predecessor. Instead, I found over the summer that PURE BLOOM is difficult to wear but not challenging at all. It may be that this is a strictly cold weather composition, so I'll try again in cold weather—if I can muster up the courage.

If I decide in the end that COVET PURE BLOOM is not for me even in the depths of winter—when forbidding purple liquids are far less volatile—I'll keep my bottle nonetheless so that I have a pair of water faucet handles: one purple, the other peridot. They look beautiful lined up next to one another. COVET is hot; COVET PURE BLOOM is cold.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Bold tuberose with a coconut undertone. It is continually morphing into something better, and it is strong enough to suit me; I like it!

by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87
by Duftsammler
by Duftsammler
by Vitaminc
by Vitaminc

Popular Sarah Jessica Parker

Stash (Eau de Parfum Elixir) by Sarah Jessica Parker Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Liquid Satin by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Crush (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Pure Crush (Eau de Toilette) by Sarah Jessica Parker Stash Unspoken by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC (Eau de Toilette) by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Sheer by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Endless by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker