Lovely 2005 Eau de Parfum

Lovely (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker
7.1 / 10 251 Ratings
Lovely (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still available to purchase.
Goes well with For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top Notes AppleApple BergamotBergamot LavenderLavender Mandarin orangeMandarin orange RosewoodRosewood
Heart Notes Heart Notes OrchidOrchid PatchouliPatchouli Bunch-flowered narcissusBunch-flowered narcissus
Base Notes Base Notes WoodsWoods MuskMusk White amberWhite amber CedarwoodCedarwood

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.12.2022.
The creation of this scent is described in the book "The Perfect Scent" by Chandler Burr.

10 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Helpful Review 7
i'd forgotten all about you...
...wrongly, because you are a pretty smell, which I can not classify completely.a quiet smell you are not, at least for my conditions.the association with tingling rose champagne, I find quite appropriate.you have such an invigorating, lively.somehow you are also sexy, but quite in the youth-free area. I find your sillage simply gorgeous.yesterday sprayed and I smell you still today...

Top Review 3
Queen of the Inoffensive
It's not an amazing perfume, but does it need to be? In a world of sensory overload sometimes I need a break, a kind of perfume "white noise" and that's what Lovely is to me. I find that when I'm recovering from a cold and I can't stand most of my usual perfumes because my nose turns them all harsh and screechy, I can still wear Lovely.

It's calm, acceptable, boring. Yes, boring, and in this rare case I don't mean that as a negative! Lovely is charmingly reliable and unadventurous in the same way a person can be, and to its credit it doesn't pretend to be otherwise. As a matter of fact, Lovely it stands out amongst other "classic" perfumes in that all her edges are neatly tucked away. It's hard to find fault if you can accept it for what it's trying to do.

Can you find art in the colour of cream, in the calm drone of white noise? Do you aim to be queen of the inoffensive?

Helpful Review 5
taffy musk
I read Chandler Burr’s story of the ridiculousness of the making of this scent and an Hermès Jardin fragrance, and then, of course, was dying to try it. What’s funny, though, is that for all the attention centered on Lovely and the Hermès scent, I found them both to be first and foremost dull. I thought that I would at least find Un Jardin sur le Nil intriguing or memorable. 5 minutes after testing it, though, I could only vaguely even remember it, and never went back to try it again.

As ho-hum as Lovely is, I like that it’s a musk fragrance. Little wood, little flower, BIG MUSK. Enough musk that this could be a musk-in-the-title perfume if it chose to be. Soft, when used to describe musk usually means rounded and comfortable. This is soft like soggy. The cloying musk burdened with flowers and patchouli is all weight and no buoyancy. Also a bit like chewing a taffy ‘til your jaw aches—it takes effort and seems to go on forever. Still, if you like sweet, this is better than most candy-perfumes.

Helpful Review 4
This muskathon has fallen out of favor somewhat...
Before I came to the wonderful land of fragrance, 'Lovely' by SJP was my very favorite scent. It had everything that I required at the time - a lot of musk, not too sweet, not too feminine. Check! Let me grab a bottle of this and have done with it. Since I have learned how much else is out there, has been pushed back into the 'it's OK, but nothing fantastic' category for me.

Musk is supposed to be the base note here, but from first spritz it's mostly what I detect all along. After a few minutes I can smell some rich florals underneath, but I definitely do not get all of the listed notes on this fragrance. At the end I do also get some woody notes.

Still, I think the heavy musk would make it appropriate for a sexy date sometimes. Maybe the gents would like it as a precursor to some later in the evening romping.

All in all, generally 'meh' is my new reaction to this once upon a time old favorite.
2.5

Helpful Review 3
Pink musk
I loved the bottle, but not the scent. It wasn't an offensive fragrance, but it was too predictable and common for my liking. It was also one of those fragrances where you have to push your nose onto your wrist in order to smell the scent. I think I expected a little more from SJP's first perfume, hence the reason why I was so disappointed.
More reviews

2 short views on the fragrance
KohakuKohaku 3 months ago
A less sweet Narciso For Her, a bit busier with all the notes. The musk is a clean one. I find this classy and true to its name, lovely.
Bcars10Bcars10 6 years ago
A great floral for any woman. Best suited to the office, church, or classroom, due to its low sillage.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

18 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Sarah Jessica Parker

Stash (Eau de Parfum Elixir) by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Crush (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Liquid Satin by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Pure Crush (Eau de Toilette) by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker Stash Unspoken by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Sheer by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC (Eau de Toilette) by Sarah Jessica Parker Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Endless by Sarah Jessica Parker Born Lovely (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker Stash Privé by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely (Body Mist) by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Winter Sparkle by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Anniversary Edition by Sarah Jessica Parker Covet (Solid Perfume) by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely You (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker