Lovely 2005Eau de Parfum

Lovely (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker
Lovely (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Lavender, Mandarin orange, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrchid, Patchouli, Bunch-flowered narcissus
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk, White amber, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.10.2020.

The creation of this scent is described in the book "The Perfect Scent" by Chandler Burr.

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely
I bought a bottle of this years ago. I ended up giving it away as I felt that it just didn't work for me. Fast forward to 2019 and I decided to re-purchase another bottle and give it another chance but unfortunately, I ended up with the same result. I just can't bear it. Yes, I totally get the comparisons to Narciso Rodriguez For Her (which I absolutely love) but For Her smells smooth and expensive whereas Lovely is terribly screechy on my skin and smells so cheap to me. The musk is offensive and the entire composition is headache/allergy inducing. Even though it's a dupe, it pales in comparison. In this particular instance, I'd go for the quality of For Her over the wallet friendly Lovely. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Marietta
i'd forgotten all about you...
...wrongly, because you are a pretty smell, which I can not classify completely.a quiet smell you are not, at least for my conditions.the association with tingling rose champagne, I find quite appropriate.you have such an invigorating, lively.somehow you are also sexy, but quite in the youth-free area. I find your sillage simply gorgeous.yesterday sprayed and I smell you still today...

Bcars10
As inoffensive as Stash is offensive
I'm still not sure about my feelings for this one. I think I like it. But for the first couple of hours, all I get is "feminine hygiene product" floral. Once I get past that, it's good. It almost becomes warm and skin-like. It wears extremely close to the skin and reapplication is a must.

Queen of the Inoffensive
It's not an amazing perfume, but does it need to be? In a world of sensory overload sometimes I need a break, a kind of perfume "white noise" and that's what Lovely is to me. I find that when I'm recovering from a cold and I can't stand most of my usual perfumes because my nose turns them all harsh and screechy, I can still wear Lovely.

It's calm, acceptable, boring. Yes, boring, and in this rare case I don't mean that as a negative! Lovely is charmingly reliable and unadventurous in the same way a person can be, and to its credit it doesn't pretend to be otherwise. As a matter of fact, Lovely it stands out amongst other "classic" perfumes in that all her edges are neatly tucked away. It's hard to find fault if you can accept it for what it's trying to do.

Can you find art in the colour of cream, in the calm drone of white noise? Do you aim to be queen of the inoffensive?

Katad
This muskathon has fallen out of favor somewhat...
Before I came to the wonderful land of fragrance, 'Lovely' by SJP was my very favorite scent. It had everything that I required at the time - a lot of musk, not too sweet, not too feminine. Check! Let me grab a bottle of this and have done with it. Since I have learned how much else is out there, has been pushed back into the 'it's OK, but nothing fantastic' category for me.

Musk is supposed to be the base note here, but from first spritz it's mostly what I detect all along. After a few minutes I can smell some rich florals underneath, but I definitely do not get all of the listed notes on this fragrance. At the end I do also get some woody notes.

Still, I think the heavy musk would make it appropriate for a sexy date sometimes. Maybe the gents would like it as a precursor to some later in the evening romping.

All in all, generally 'meh' is my new reaction to this once upon a time old favorite.

taffy musk
I read Chandler Burr’s story of the ridiculousness of the making of this scent and an Hermès Jardin fragrance, and then, of course, was dying to try it. What’s funny, though, is that for all the attention centered on Lovely and the Hermès scent, I found them both to be first and foremost dull. I thought that I would at least find Un Jardin sur le Nil intriguing or memorable. 5 minutes after testing it, though, I could only vaguely even remember it, and never went back to try it again.

As ho-hum as Lovely is, I like that it’s a musk fragrance. Little wood, little flower, BIG MUSK. Enough musk that this could be a musk-in-the-title perfume if it chose to be. Soft, when used to describe musk usually means rounded and comfortable. This is soft like soggy. The cloying musk burdened with flowers and patchouli is all weight and no buoyancy. Also a bit like chewing a taffy ‘til your jaw aches—it takes effort and seems to go on forever. Still, if you like sweet, this is better than most candy-perfumes.

good office scent
Not being a particular fan of celebrities or their scents, I found Lovely had enough merits that I looked past the label and bought it, anyway-
Directly from the bottle, I noticed prominent notes of lavender, smoke and synthetic musk- which doesn't sound that great, but somehow translated into a scent that I found incredibly easy to wear- it has a bit of an edgy, sharp piquancy that said "urban office scent" to me

Love the bottle, too!

Sweat and the Skanky City
It remains a mystery why I ever acquired a bottle of SJP LOVELY, not being a fan of Sarah Jessica Parker, and not a fan of celebrity scents in general, but it happened somehow, so about once every six months I take out my undeniably lovely bottle of LOVELY and try to figure out why I don't really like what's inside.

I watched a grand total of one episode of "Sex and the City," which featured the looking-for-love-in-all-the-wrong-places SJP coterie grappling with one of their cases of crabs. Seriously. Was it the luck of the draw, or were all episodes of this series about venereal disease? I did not stay tuned to find out.

Recently, however, I decided to give Carrie Bradshaw another chance and watched the movie "Sex and the City," which over the course of a long, somewhat tedious two and a half hours relays the trials and tribulations of the same group of gals as they approach menopause but without having changed much of anything about their outlook. Shoes and bags and dudes remain the focus of their lives.

LOVELY edp is a floral woody musk perfume with a slightly skanky and dominant musk note which generally reminds me of the sole episode of "Sex and the City" I watched long ago. It's just not my kind of thing: too sweaty and slightly dirty and somehow suggestive in a not-so-appealing way, like a guy who leers at every woman who walks by, making eye contact as though there were some deeper meaning behind the gesture beyond the fact that he's looking for casual sex.

Not for me.
2.5

Pink musk
I loved the bottle, but not the scent. It wasn't an offensive fragrance, but it was too predictable and common for my liking. It was also one of those fragrances where you have to push your nose onto your wrist in order to smell the scent. I think I expected a little more from SJP's first perfume, hence the reason why I was so disappointed.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
A great floral for any woman. Best suited to the office, church, or classroom, due to its low sillage.

by Pistazieneis
by Vitaminc
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Sarah Jessica Parker

Stash (Eau de Parfum Elixir) by Sarah Jessica Parker Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Liquid Satin by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Crush (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Pure Crush (Eau de Toilette) by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker Stash Unspoken by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC (Eau de Toilette) by Sarah Jessica Parker Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Sheer by Sarah Jessica Parker The Lovely Collection - Endless by Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC (Eau de Parfum) by Sarah Jessica Parker