40° à l'Ombre 2006

40° à l'Ombre by Satellite
40° à l'Ombre is a perfume by Satellite for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Sandrine Dulon

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 20.07.2018.

that dreaded smell
I used to be quite fond of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, a grapefruit scent with a strong base of patchouli. Many perfume fans say that this scent combination reminds them of cat urine.

Over time, I came to feel the same way. A part of me thought it smelled great, and a part of me was afraid to wear it in public because I thought someone might think I had poor hygiene.

Unfortunately 40 a l'Ombre has the same problem. There is a very pretty, juicy grapefruit at the top of it, but when the patchouli kicks in... well, I don't want to wear it anywhere. (And I am a big fan of patchouli in many other scents.)

I'm sure there are people who can enjoy the invigorating grapefruit part of this scent without being beset by "that smell." Because it can be hard to tell who they are, though, I'd recommend that no one blind-buy this scent (or Pamplelune).

by DeGe53