Noir de Mars 2013

Noir de Mars by Scent on Canvas
Noir de Mars is a popular perfume by Scent on Canvas for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-smoky. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGaiac wood, Laotian oud, Nagarmotha, Sandalwood
Heart Notes Heart NotesGurjum balsam, Leather, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Haitian amyris

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.07.2015.

Jbells
Oudh-y leather, covered in earth
This is my first oudh, and I wasn't sure what to expect. First spray, and the first thought that hits my mind is "This must be it. This is oudh". Oudh and earth and wood. It reminds me a little of hot rubber in the mud. A smoky taste then follows, almost incense-like, perhaps from the myrrh? It just swirls around, half-trying to intoxicate you.

As in progresses, it seems to become a bit more tame somehow, albeit mildly sooty. The wood and leather in this becomes a bit more obvious, and there's even a hint of greenery. For some reason, my mind keeps going back to fires - a forest fire in the midst of a light drizzle. I almost expect to here wildlife.

2 hours in and it starts to lose its scent on me. As K1 mentioned below, it becomes even more woody and smoky, but not overpoweringly so. This just lingers around until for another 6-7 hours, with the last couple of hours being rather muted.

Overall, it's a dark, dark scent. There doesn't seem to be anything immediately joyful about Noir de Mars, but it somehow comes across as rather intimate. I found it overwhelming at first, but it does grow on you and by the end, I was quite taken by its strangeness.

Popular Scent on Canvas

Rose Opéra by Scent on Canvas Blanc de Paris by Scent on Canvas Brun Sicilien by Scent on Canvas Ocre Doré by Scent on Canvas