Unforgivable 2006Eau de Toilette

Unforgivable (Eau de Toilette) by Sean John
Unforgivable (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Sean John for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Parlux. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemon, Italian bergamot, Green mandarin orange, Moroccan tangerine, Grapefruit, Juniper leaf, Birch leaf, Champagne
Heart Notes Heart NotesSea breeze, Tuscany basil, Florentine iris, Clary sage, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere, Australian sandalwood, Tonka bean, Amber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.01.2021.

Salty fruit cocktail
The scent of Sean John is very similar to the Creed Milsime Imperial.
It opens salty fruity.
The fragrance retains its fruity note throughout its entire but relatively short life.
If you want a fragrance that resembles a Creed or if you want to know if the Creed perfume fits to you, take this fragrance.

Still no replacement for me.

Smellavision
The cheaper Millesime Imperial ?
Imagine having a swim in the ocean on a summer day... as you walk back on the beach, your skin slowly dries and the ocean breeze blows the disctinct smell of the salty remains on your body, mixed with the leftover citrusy-orangey hint of the Terre d'Hermes you wore yesterday and memories of the glass of rum you enjoyed at sunset... that's what this smells like to me.

This does remind me of Millesime Imperial, but the quality is not nearly as good and longevity is unfortunately very fleeting.
In short : slightly synthetic salty boozy citrus, somehow reminding me of fresh sweat (but not offensive as in body odor)

Projection and sillage are very weak on me though, very soft, and after two hours it's a skin scent and after three hours it's completely gone…

Original smell and I kinda like it, but very unimpressive performance.
very, very sad
I like the smell very well, 8,5/10, pleasantly fruity without this typical chewing gum sweetness. It'd be great for the summer. Unfortunately the performance is extremely bad. Can't smell a thing out there despite six sprays. On the skin the scent disappears almost completely after 1h. A real shame. They're selling it.
Little attention - wrongly
I tested this one a long time ago. Now I have ordered this one a short time ago. This is a fragrance twin to Creed's Millesime Imperial. My second twin after Ed Hardy's Love & Luck. And I can say: Both come very close and cost only about 1/5 of the Creed. I also like the MI of Creed quite well, but I wouldn't pay the price, especially since the performance is not convincing at all. But as with many Creed scents there are really very cheap alternatives, like this one.

Sean John is the fashion line of Sean Combs aka. Puff Daddy or also P.Diddy. Pretty much everyone should know him by that name. This is not a typical "celebrity scent", because the prices are cheap but clearly above drugstore level. You can also smell that in the fragrance. In my opinion, it is of a very high quality, especially for this price. I bought 75ml for almost 75ml. Fair.
The bottle has been "modernized". Too bad, the bottle indicated here looks nicer than the one I own. The new one fits well in the hand and still doesn't look bad. Since I'm interested in the fragrance anyway, it's not really important. Whether the fragrance has been reformulated. Probably, as can be read here. I can't confirm that, since I don't know him for so long
The first 5 minutes I find the smell slightly unpleasant. Smells like an ordinary toilet freshener. Luckily this disappears quickly. It's hard to break the fragrance down into individual scents here, as the big pyramid confirms. It has many citrus notes, which are wonderfully fresh. In addition, there are fruity notes, especially tangerine. Slightly sweet notes are also perceptible, which can be credited to the Tonka bean. Nevertheless, the fragrance is fresh through and through, and in a very modern way. Towards the end it ends softly woody. A light and sensual sweetness is very pleasant next to the wood.
I don't feel the performance is as bad as I thought. A detailed test showed a durability and about 6-7 hours with good sillage in the beginning and later rather well perceptible.

Beside this one I can also recommend the Ed Hardy, especially since the two are very similar. Also goes in the direction of Creed MI. But it is much softer and more gentle, which I prefer. A nice scent for spring and summer. Not too complicated, which recommends it especially for everyday use.
2.5

Interesting celeb scent
That's a great surprise for a celeb scent.

Smells woody and a little sweet, with average lasting power (around 6 hours), low sillage and low projection.

The rum note is noticeable here.

Reminds me of Millesime Imperial, but 1/5 of Creed's price. Worth it.

Updated September 2014

Even the sales assistant couldn't hide her disgust
I find something rather strange and irritating about Unforgivable by Sean John. I can't put a definite finger on what it is that I detest, I just know that I'm not attracted to this scent in the slightest.

The opening is extremely synthetic and sharp. It's one big citrusy mess with strange additives of basil and birch leaf which don't seem to blend well.

The heart notes aren't much better, however thankfully the scent softens slightly. Lavendar, clary Sage and iris gives this fragrance a rather herbaceous and aromatic feel.

In the drydown I can detect mostly musky sandalwood and some strong alcoholic note which I assume is supposed to be the rum, however instead it smells like straight vodka.

I'm not really a fan of this fragrance, even the sales assistant turned up her nose at this one. It would suit very few men in my humble opinion.

GreMuserGreMuser 5 months ago

by Miaw2
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Sean John

3AM (Eau de Toilette) by Sean John Unforgivable Woman (Scent Spray) by Sean John I Am King (Eau de Toilette) by Sean John Empress by Sean John Unforgivable Woman Black by Sean John Sean John by Sean John Unforgivable Electric by Sean John Unforgivable Black by Sean John