Unforgivable (2006)Eau de Toilette

Unforgivable (Eau de Toilette) by Sean John

Unforgivable (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Sean John for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Perfumania Holdings.

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemon, Italian bergamot, Green mandarin, Moroccan tangerine, Grapefruit, Juniper leaf, Birch leaf, Champagne
Heart Notes Heart NotesSea breeze, Tuscan basil, Florentine iris, Clary sage, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere, Australian sandalwood, Tonka bean, Amber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.03.2020.

6.0 6.0 5.0 7.5/10

Smellavision
The cheaper Millesime Imperial ?
Imagine having a swim in the ocean on a summer day... as you walk back on the beach, your skin slowly dries and the ocean breeze blows the disctinct smell of the salty remains on your body, mixed with the leftover citrusy-orangey hint of the Terre d'Hermes you wore yesterday and memories of the glass of rum you enjoyed at sunset... that's what this smells like to me.

This does remind me of Millesime Imperial, but the quality is not nearly as good and longevity is unfortunately very fleeting.
In short : slightly synthetic salty boozy citrus, somehow reminding me of fresh sweat (but not offensive as in body odor)

Projection and sillage are very weak on me though, very soft, and after two hours it's a skin scent and after three hours it's completely gone…

Original smell and I kinda like it, but very unimpressive performance.
7.0 2.0 2.0 8.5/10

very, very sad
I like the smell very well, 8,5/10, pleasantly fruity without this typical chewing gum sweetness. It'd be great for the summer. Unfortunately the performance is extremely bad. Can't smell a thing out there despite six sprays. On the skin the scent disappears almost completely after 1h. A real shame. They're selling it.
5.0 2.5 5.0 4.0/10

Interesting celeb scent
That's a great surprise for a celeb scent.

Smells woody and a little sweet, with average lasting power (around 6 hours), low sillage and low projection.

The rum note is noticeable here.

Reminds me of Millesime Imperial, but 1/5 of Creed's price. Worth it.

Updated September 2014
5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Even the sales assistant couldn't hide her disgust
I find something rather strange and irritating about Unforgivable by Sean John. I can't put a definite finger on what it is that I detest, I just know that I'm not attracted to this scent in the slightest.

The opening is extremely synthetic and sharp. It's one big citrusy mess with strange additives of basil and birch leaf which don't seem to blend well.

The heart notes aren't much better, however thankfully the scent softens slightly. Lavendar, clary Sage and iris gives this fragrance a rather herbaceous and aromatic feel.

In the drydown I can detect mostly musky sandalwood and some strong alcoholic note which I assume is supposed to be the rum, however instead it smells like straight vodka.

I'm not really a fan of this fragrance, even the sales assistant turned up her nose at this one. It would suit very few men in my humble opinion.

by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Sean John

Unforgivable Woman (Scent Spray) by Sean John I Am King (Eau de Toilette) by Sean John 3AM (Eau de Toilette) by Sean John Empress by Sean John Unforgivable Woman Black by Sean John Sean John by Sean John Unforgivable Electric by Sean John Unforgivable Black by Sean John