Fille en aiguilles 2009

Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens
Top 66 in Unisex Perfume
Fille en aiguilles is a popular perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Fruits, Spices, Laurel, Stone pine needle, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2020.

Lextra
...et puis je suis tombeé amoureuse
What else is there to say. A love story like the ones in fairy tales.

Because it's perfect. She was created by a higher power and her heavenly presence bewitches everyone who comes near her. But you must not get too close to it - because it stings. Her skin is adorned with pine needles and her breath is incense
But then she touches you. Immediately church bells start ringing and a warm cloud of incense envelops you. Contrary to expectations, her touch does not hurt, her needles are gentle. As if you were stomping through the forest in winter with heavy steps - no sound to be heard except the crunch of the snow under your shoes - a contemplative silence now spreads. Behind a fallen tree, a deer scurries past, which has known the smell of fresh snowfall in the remote coniferous forest all its life.

Back from the hike through the wintry scenery and off in front of the fireplace. It quickly turns out that the girl can be sweet too - like dried fruit at the Christmas market she loves so much. She embodies all those things that make the quietest time of the year so special and passes them on to all those who dare to touch her.

Fille en Aiguilles was my first niche perfume and love at first sight. Without exception, the fragrance always lifts my spirits in a magical way, like a cat with valerian :D
FvSpee
CoViD comments, fourth piece: But I actually like girls.
Whether I will really write a commentary every day until the end of this pandemic, I would like to doubt. But with my intention to entertain you at least halfway regularly, even if the muse doesn't kiss me that hot, it works quite well so far. And I haven't made any further vows. A classic vow is in the form of: "I will not cut my hair as long as..." Now would be a good time for it, where from tomorrow on the hairdressers nationwide have to close down
Anyway, that's me back in the game. The first fragrance I tested today, Un jardin après la mousson by Hermès, was only enough for one statement, I couldn't really get into it and Frau von Spee thought it was cute, although I don't know any relation or affinity to Schoorki's offspring, who, if I remember correctly, thinks every other fragrance is cute. The second thing I tried was Fille en Aiguilles, and I immediately thought: Perfectly pestilential scent, it keeps people on the bus at a distance. So it's not going to be a ten-point review now, that's what we're looking at.

Yesterday I let it be known that I find the current containment measures in this country a little bit lax and I think that the first concern of people at the moment is not exactly the careful balancing of competing fundamental rights positions by way of practical concordance and a clean, multi-stage examination of administrative law proportionality in the broader and narrower sense, nor the undisturbed purchase of woodchip wallpaper from Obi and Bauhaus (even if such a quarantine is a good opportunity for renovation), but rather survival. But this is only my personal opinion. What I think is good (also as a car owner) is that public transport has not been stopped. If you have to get from A to B because of shopping, a doctor or whatever, and you don't have a car because you are poor or ecologically exemplary, I think it's absolutely correct that you can still do that without having to pay for a taxi.

But it is all the more important to keep a proper distance and to pay the utmost attention to hygiene. What I would do, for example, with the guys who spat at a colleague of mine in the S-Bahn on Friday as a joke, cannot be quoted here. But one should also, and not only on the bus but also in the shop, simply shut up. We all have a wet pronunciation sometimes, and we tend to get on each other's nerves when we talk, and nobody really needs that right now. So maybe you should just imagine, especially if you don't wear a mouthguard, that you were a Trappist hermit or a Buddhist Zen monk during a one-year vow of silence, and for even one syllable of gushing around - bang - you'd go straight to hell as if you were on one of those great slides in a fun pool. And, of course, generally keep your distance, especially from the driver, this hero of everyday life. I guess, if one of four or five seats in the bus or subway is occupied, that could be about right.

This is where "Fille en Aiguilles" comes in. You are welcome to throw me to the lions for amusement in view of the misery of the world. I know what you mean. Serge Lutens, 8.3 points average. 376 owners. 179 times wish list. Ratings between 8.5 and 10 from all the perfume celebrities, including some I really appreciate. But I'm writing this commi, and I think it's a real runaway in the first two hours. To put a distance between me and this fragrance. What should I say, should I lie? The spruce needles seem somehow threatening, maybe even musty, the incense is angular and gloomy-smokey, so in the direction of cold ashes (from Karo or at best Roth-Händle without filter). In addition, there is sticky, crunchy resin, a pungent medicinal note and very discreet dried fruit, but of a superimposed, musty variety. The sample didn't tip over, but I have to say that I often (not always) can't stand vetiver and I rarely like laurel in food and fragrances. Whether it's up to me or Serge, it doesn't matter, but I'd rather say: "Yes fine, great, is what for any price at the fragrance fair, super creative, but who's going to wear it? Ok, later it becomes more conciliatory, it all settles down a bit into a rounder, smoother sweetness, you can't complain, but then I don't find it as special as in the beginning. Yeah, you can never please me either
I haven't tested that many of Serge Lutens' fragrances so far, but so far we haven't really warmed up with each other. In particularly unpleasant memory I have his "Fille de Berlin". Apparently the three of us, Serge, the girls and I, somehow don't fit together, there is always one too many. He probably is, because I actually like girls
To the name classification. "Fille en Aiguilles" gets a 9, because it's a very beautiful name. I like girls anyway, as I have already said several times. Then it's more melodic and even rhymes (fille - aiguilles, the "s" is silent). The name is because of the "needles" in the name unusual, almost unique. The name fits also contentwise to the dark forest, which the smell is supposed to represent somehow (conifers) and it even contains a funny play on words, which Serafina pointed out correctly: "aiguilles" (needles) are in French also high heels. So our needle girl is a girl on you and you with the high heels at the same time. There are almost too many covers, almost too headstrong, therefore not ten. But still very, very good. Only, just for the name alone I wouldn't spend the money now.

Addendum: A thorough review shows that at least I am not completely alone. Our witty loewenherz, who has now taken early retirement from perfumery, with his commentary, Jakobolino with his statement, and also Epikuros' commentary, which gives 9 points but then still writes a kind of snub, are pretty close to what I feel here. Nevertheless a nice test experience. Can't like everything.

Stay in a stable mood, help and orientation for your fellow human beings, and if possible also healthy!

Warm and mysterious
Fille en Aiguilles is a darling in the fragrance community. I remember at least 4-5 respected reviewers saying this is their favorite Lutens. While I wouldn’t go as far saying it’s my favorite, I agree it deserves all the praise. It’s spicy, fruity and coniferous with lots of frankincense. FeA has a warm, dark and mysterious vibe with a pine note that’s nothing like those pine scented toilet cleaners. Niche perfumery at its best.

Item for serious collectors
I think all of Serge Lutens' perfumes can be classified into four categories:

1. Very experimental and innovative, but difficult to wear
2. Simply good quality oriental.
3. To earn money, plain and monotonous.
4. Fille En Aiguilles

Fille En Aiguilles is an unusual fragrance that is a bit far from what we expect from the house of Serge Lutens. It's certainly European, and it reminds me of the fragrances that's been around since the end of the war, but it's terribly humorous, and seems like a black and white movie was recreated in color. Honestly, there is no other perfume that can replace Fille En Aiguilles.
Serenissima
healing needles in balsamic ambience
The separation from her supposedly great love was inevitable, but still very painful.
She suffered a lot from it.
But she also suffered from the people who called themselves her "friends": not knowing the background for this final step, they judged - even worse: they condemned her!
Sentences like "You can't leave such a charming man" or "You can't find something better" suddenly stood in the room.
No one bothered to question what led to their decision.
They made it very easy for themselves! And you so terribly hard!

So it was time for a change of scenery; time to heal wounds and make new decisions.
She still had a lot of vacation, so nothing stood in the way of a short-term departure; meanwhile he was able to vacate the common apartment.
But where?
She longed for the balsamic scent of softwoods; needles for her shaken self: a kind of "acupuncture" for the soul.
At first she thought of the Schlosshotel Bühlerhöhe. How much she had enjoyed the stays there, even though they had lasted only hours so far. Her trips from Baden-Baden over the few kilometres of the Schwarzwald Hochstraße to this wonderful house were a good memory!
Yes, she thought: a little thalassotherapy, nice food, relaxation - all this in this great ambience, in the middle of the dark coniferous forest.
Just the view from the large terrace and the almost all-round glazed wellness area over the meadow to the dark, fragrant conifers lent new serenity. Should she call there?
But in time she remembered the constant headaches that this coniferous forest gave her: its intensity of smell in the midsummer sun was probably too much for her
She was always happy to be down in the valley - not exactly climatically ideal, either.

So she decided to go to this little place on the Mediterranean coast: a little Italy, a little France - a little out of time and space!
Here she found what she had been looking for: a wide strip inhabited by pine trees - called "Pinata".
Pines, which in contrast to firs and spruces, were light and bright; under their shade a walk in the light was possible. Without direct sun, but not dark and too cool - how nice!
Dried, still fragrant pine needles and cones crackled quietly under their footsteps; the warmth lured the resinous aroma from the needle carpet and the "roof of needles" protecting them!
How well did each breath - how cleansing was each vigorous-pure breath that surrounded and filled them!
Towards the sea stretched a broad strip of the typical macchia: aromatic herbs, shrubs and bushes and certainly many things that would be called "weeds".
She recognized the spicy laurel - yes, there she saw some shrubs lolling in the sun and completely devoted to the warmth, which perfumed light summer breeze spicy.
She also thought she could perceive a touch of the cistus; wasn't that the sun-warm, crumpled-looking foliage and small, equally crumpled pink flowers?
This fragrance was known to her; why shouldn't these bushes also be at home here?
Ripe summery fruit scent, bergamot in any case and also something peach/apricot-like, suddenly floated past her: ah, that was beautiful!
The light, the resinous-spicy needles, herbs and ripe fruits: that was their hoped-for summer dream!
The earthy green heaviness of vetiver and not too dark, but wonderfully sensory opening incense, perfect this fragrance painting.
The skin is lightly caressed by a fine and yet strong spicy breeze; the soul is caressed and the head clarified thanks to the pine needles: fine wrinkles on body and soul are smoothed.
What do we want more?

I owe this piece "Kopfkino" to "Fille en Aiguilles": it sends me many beautiful invigorating and also almost aroma-therapeutically relaxing pictures.
A charming flatterer with corners and edges: perhaps with a slightly calloused hand?
"Fille en Aiguilles is beautiful, a little mysterious, earthy and resinous. The scent itself is dark, like the liquid released by the bottle - an earthy vibration vibrates in it.
(Yes, "Filles en Aiguilles" is, in my opinion, damn close to esotericism; it could even be related to it.)

The long time on my skin makes a great fragrance development possible, in which even I can fully recognize and enjoy all nuances. It is worthwhile to trace every single facet!
You should take your time and be rewarded: a feeling of well-being spreads and simply nests!
This "girl of needles" appears like a fragrant amulet that can be worn for many hours.

This is the first fragrance from Serge Lutens that I encounter more than just passing by.
It makes you want to get to know other compositions of this brand.
My curiosity is aroused - I am ready to dedicate myself to this adventure: with time and all my senses!
Christmas
I kindly got a sample of this perfume (thanks to Hannah!). A recent filling of Wazamba.
serves as a countercheck When spraying on the lute, incense begins, rather dark, slightly ecclesiastical. In addition, a fine pine forest note, must probably be the pine, but probably rather slightly coked pine needles. In addition a sweetish dry fruit undertone, which gives the whole a rather tasty, but not gourmand note. For me a rather calm, slightly meditative winter scent. The shelf life is good, after eight hours you can still smell it.

The Wazamba, sprayed at the same time for comparison, starts similarly with incense, but with more emphasis on smoke than on consecration. In addition a touch of apple, almost cider-like, then also a touch of dried fruit. Wazamba remains much drier, less sweet, a little more appley and slightly smokier over the course But if you can't find the Lutens anymore, you should try Wazamba against them. Durability here similarly good.
Augusto
Pine and dried fruit under hot sun
Not only with AugustA: mountain pine and then warm herbs and spices. Resins. On the skin it develops fresh and spicy, has a light fruit and honey sweetness and is very persistent. This fragrance creates feeling from the very beginning - accompanied by deep breathing, warmth rays; melancholy. Mediterranean coniferous forest with a frankincense seriousness that gives depth. AugustA's favourite of autumn and early winter. Precisely because of this brightness in the dark, a bright, warm coniferous forest.
It also embodies at least as much summer - sunrays falling through pine needles, as well as the colder season - coniferous resin, incense, dried fruit.
Therefore, it can be worn just as well in summer, season definitions are completely unnecessary. It's just a matter of taste, when you want to wear it, like so many things when it comes to fragrances. There is no such thing as right or wrong or even unsuitable. Most of the time it is rather a question of feeling, the own mood and often also the quantity, which makes a perfume work very differently. And of course, it always depends on the wearer first of all.

Back to the scent.
"Fille en Aiguilles" is for me so far almost the most beautiful of some of the Lutens scents tested so far. Such beautiful contrasts and at the same time harmonious combinations are simply rare in the world of perfume: pine and dried fruit, light and dark, Mediterranean and winter, spicy and fresh at the same time, and at the same time as durable and rich as a Lutens is. The description is not easy for me at all, I've been trying it for a while now. But maybe this simply speaks for the complexity of the fragrance. Because it is a little bit dark and melancholic at the same time and yet conjures a bright smile on the face

Masterpiece!
Masterpiece, perfect in every way. The right amount of woods, incense and dried fruits for my taste, I find it a very sexy unisex fragrance, dark red and mysterious. Not for the daily use, just for those especial occasions, too much of a special fragrance.

expressionist enchantment
A richly atmospheric juice of burnt embers and incense; where woodbark, brown humus and evergreen leaves lie strewn with red sweets.

No picnic in the woods this but Hansel and Gretel abandoned in the Dunkelwald (Dark Forest).

A beguiling tour de force that resonates with something deep in the unconscious.

(Fairytale inspiration courtesy of graindemusc)

memory
I’m from a small town in Connecticut. Not, Suburban-New-York-Connecticut. New-England-Connecticut. In my 1960s-1970s, the New England countryside was a place of wonder and democracy. The woods were a frame of mind as much as they were a location.

Though I never thought of anything local as particularly exotic, pine was the scent of local magic. Pine was the scent of outdoors and the change of seasons. It was omnipresent and always welcome.

Fille en Aiguille’s pine is bittersweet for me. It is 30% sense memory and 70% longing.

I now live in Southern California in a climate that I struggle with every day for nine months out of the year. Its climate is almost universally loved, but is unbearable to me and anathema to my pale Celtic body and spirit, a reality that is inexplicable to those around me. Fille doesn't offer me a solution to my dilemma. It doesn't give me relief from the heat or an alternative to the deathly brightness. It triggers memory, remembrance, beauty from an an arcadian past. It reminds me of the magic. And if there's magic, there's hope.

But mostly there's just longing.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
Pine needles, wraped in incense and spices. The dried fruits add a n arabic facet to the balsamic and smoky woods. A gorgeous gloomy forest.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Balsamic soft dark green well combined with slightly sweet fruitiness. Only the occasional liquorice note is (unfortunately) disturbing.

by Strehliwood
by Peet
by Peet
by Betsha7
by Betsha7
Some speak wonders, I do not use it although I have it
by Toreter
by Toreter
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens L'orpheline by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Rahät loukoum by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens Arabie by Serge Lutens