Fleurs d'oranger 1995

Fleurs d'oranger by Serge Lutens
Fleurs d'oranger is a perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Hibiscus seed, Indian tuberose, Cumin, Nutmeg, Orange blossom, Jasmine, White rose, Lemon zest

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.11.2020.

In 2005 a limited bottle collection of this scent was released with domino motifs.

EdenRosalie
Overblowing, yet fragile – definitely beguiling
If you´re up for heavy, almost creamy orange blossoms without edges and a soft, fleeting acidity, then Fleurs d´oranger it is. But don't be fooled. It´s not the fresh scent of young blossoms carried by a warm breeze, but the one of fallen blossoms, mold, crushed, but full and round. Loud in its own way. Definitely interesting, a ripe and grown up perfume, engulfing.

For me a touch too heavy, too unexciting, a bit flat while it is not flat, but rather deep. There's an undertone of something too persistent - stinging in my nose. It lacks freshness and surprise. It doesn't develop further once it settled on the skin. But as always, it depends on your own preferences.
Flowery, yes. Natural, yes. Not alluring, not arousing. Neither voluptuous nor erotic.
2020Antiope
Fleurs d'Oranger clouds the senses, but I'm addicted to it!
First of all: I don't know at all what orange blossoms smell like in nature; I'm from Munich, a city kid, and I've never seen real orange blossoms! When I first encountered the scent, I was immediately captivated and since then I've been dabbing a drop every now and then - no, that's too much, I'd prefer a nano-drop - on my wrist when I want to reminisce. The scent is heavy, powerful and massive from dabbing to fading - which takes a long time. It reminds me of the lush Persian flower gardens and yet it demands to be considered as a flower/flower sequence in itself; if this fragrance were not a ruler in the flower kingdom but a human being, I would compare it to Henry VIII of England, Louis XIV of France or even Napoleon; these rulers did not tolerate anyone next to them! Maryam has aptly written: one loves or hates it; that is probably true, because most of the people I have confronted with this fragrance while wearing it have groaned in agony or have not left my side. But I am still convinced: whoever wears this fragrance feels like a king!
Maryam1410
you love him or you hate him
I'm tall, wide and loud. I'm hard to miss. I can't have a gentle breeze blowing in my face and screaming, "Here I am." In the statements, the fleurs d'oranger is referred to as the old-woman scent. Well, I'm a woman in her 50s, ergo old. Then it's a good fit. I like it. I like it a lot. So much so that I have just ordered it - although I actually (hahaha....... you know it) have enough fragrances.
The scent is as I am - hated or loved, but hardly anyone remains neutral here.

So hate me or love me, hate my smell or love it - it doesn't matter to me, it makes me feel "at home".
No " easy" thing :-)
Today I rediscovered Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens in the cupboard:-)
For me this is mainly jasmine and orange blossom, maybe a little tuberose. I obviously don't hear any other notes here. He is beautiful - in love, tearful. Flowers play among themselves, shimmer. It doesn't strangle, but at the same time it is an interesting and loud thing. It does not belong to the category of musky perfume with a hint of flowers, no. Persistent. I hear it out of my hair all day long, so I try to turn my head a little more :-) Holds the whole day - Bravo!!!
Morning Halali
Right now I've taken Lutens scents to my heart.

Yesterday the cozy Jeux de Peau helped me through the noisy garden party of the neighbours, which I had to attend as an involuntary onlooker.

The gentle " skin games " let me generously turn a blind eye - unfortunately it was not enough for two eyes.

Now I have the waking night in my bones, and urgently need a pick-me-up.
Maybe Lutens also has a remedy for such conditions available ?

Fleurs d oranger sounds like a confidence booster.

And indeed, this bright, soapy orange blossom has the effect of a cleansing, invigorating shower.
The tuberose is still clearly there, but not beguilingly lulling, but enlighteningly awakening.
Jasmine shines bright again - and blows the nose and head free.

In general, the scent is like a trumpet blast:
On, on brothers to freedom - to the sun !

For me an ultimate day fragrance that makes legs and awakens the spirits of life.

I will try to elicit a Halali from the husband's hunting horn, because I think the neighbours have slept enough now

Drop dead gorgeous!
Without a doubt one of the most beautiful smells I've come across! It's clean and dirty and lush and pretty all at the same time! So aromatic and indolic and honey-sweet. I think this is a perfume which needs to be experienced. Words alone cannot do it justice.

First of all, it's strong, but not strong in a synthetic way. It's more like the strongest smelling natural flowers I can think of. The name itself is somewhat misleading as Fleurs d'Oranger means "Orange Blossom" and the orange blossom itself is only half the story here. Instead we also have a highly indolic, beautiful and heady sambac jasmine note, which works with the orange blossom to give incredible floral and sensual depth to the perfume. Another huge player here is tuberose... and what a flower that is! It's a rich, creamy, slightly green & tropical flower that really brings the party to this perfume! But it's not too overdone. It's totally wearable as it's more of a sultry, soft honeyed floral (but very deep).

I think this one is similar to Serge Lutens' A la Nuit, which was a huge lush, green, honey sweet indolic jasmine. Here it is a combination between the three white flowers of jasmine, tuberose and orange blossom... with some spice (mainly cumin) to make it a little more sultry/sexy. To me the cumin doesn't come across as sweaty or anything like that, on my skin it's still a very clean floral. I think orange blossom (especially neroli) has a tendency to be soapy clean, as it is a common ingredient in most soaps. But here the other lush & heady white florals, as well as the spices and rose, really serve to make it very sensual and full of character. In a word, on me this smells absolutely divine! If you appreciate fine perfume and beautiful floral smells (especially tuberose and jasmine), then please do try this out. For me it's an absolute love. But try it on your skin first!

Fleurs d'Oranger
This fragrance opens with the radiant aroma of orange blossoms. Citrus peel tames the blossoms' rich sweetness and adds welcome tartness to the floral. As long as the zesty citrus note is present in the head accord it is fresh and juicy, but once it is replaced by heavy white florals the accord becomes very intense again. A spicy undertone reminiscent of popcorn further modifies the accord into something sweet and spicy, dry and sunny. Serge Lutens created a scent which is not as fresh and flowery as most orange blossom offerings and which therefore can be worn by anyone. Despite its array of heady floral notes the fragrance loses steam rather fast and after roughly four hours it vanishes.

A basket of... what??
This is a special treat! This is really awe-inspiring!

My skin accepted this blossom-liqueur as a huge basket of comely, clean flowers, peachy not only as fresh, but also in the color, if you can imagine a charming flower when you see the tone of the bottle, well, it is, what you get at the beginning. Evokes the spring, the first summer heat, when people are walking under the full-blown trees, and the aroma is still fresh and innocent.

Oh, if I could puzzle it out, how does it turn out into this charmless, leaden odor after a half hour! Maybe cumin and nutmeg are the hidden evils behind the curtain, but they conjure from a huge basket of blossoms a huge basket of pumpkin. Almost the same tone, still natural, but it is not my cup of tea. Fortunately my Sister likes it so much, that even our not so small sample will not be enough :-)

Fleurs de Lutens
I imagine that for simplicity's sake, Lutens put the names of three flowers, orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose on separate slips of paper and randomly pulled orange blossom out of a hat. Each heady note could be accused of upstaging a perfume, so combined, Fleurs d'Oranger should be the the maenad of the Lutens line. I won't deny that it's loud. But the floral notes here form a chorus, giving that implicit tension of cooperating yet trying to stand out.

These are the three flowers that are most commonly cited for having the white floral split personality. 'Pretty' might strike you first, but the menace isn't far behind. Orange blossom, then sweat. Jasmine, then decay. And the Janus of gender, tuberose. Gina Lollobrigida on one side, stereotypical auto-mechanic with a gasoline can on the other. The honeyed cedar provides a firm base and the dusting of cumin works hand-in-glove with orange blossom, giving it the bump it needed to win the tri-floral slugfest. As for the cedar, a note that makes me instantly cautious (Iso E Super), think more of the cedar of Cedre than Feminite du Bois. I can happily say that it's neither radiant nor transparent.

Fd'O is definitively a floral/woody perfume. It's not a floriental, and, despite the name, it's not a soliflor. It's a swaggering fragrance. Women who love big but composed perfumes, dive in. For men contemplating the plunge, think of it as a ballsy floral. For all others, try it along with whatever gender you wear and see what you find.

A good mix of extremes
When I first put it on, FdO is fresh and tangy, I can almost taste the orange. But soon enough, it's all about the flowers, it softens and mellows, deepens and becomes skin like and velvety. Further down the line, the cumin appears and gives the scent a very human (clean sweaty) feel.

The original FdO was much more risqué and naughty, and sadly, that has been lost with reformulations. I'm not sure which version I have, I know it's not the original (I wish!...) but I must say I enjoy it quite a bit.

SharleezeSharleeze 4 months ago
Rich honeyed white floral scent that makes me feel like a bee gathering pollen on a blooming Jasmin tree!
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
I was on my way to my cubicle, a wondrous smell of citrus blossom was lingering in the air. A colleague of mine said "It's me, Serge Lutens"
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
To reach orange blossoms, one have to pass a large dense field, covered with indolic jasmine and tuberose.

by Shivsri13
by JJ84
by InkiBlinki
by InkiBlinki

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens L'incendiaire by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens L'orpheline by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens