La Fille de Berlin 2012

La Fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens
La Fille de Berlin is a perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Pepper, Rose

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 21.09.2020.

Rosa Luxemburg
Start of the demo: red carnations with a pinch of pepper.
Making a blazing speech: Rose Absolue, flowery, sweet and warm At the end a cosy discussion round: rose hip tea with honey cookies.
Conclusion: an adventurous scent with which you can go around the houses and then return home satisfied.

CuirCuir
Beautiful woman with thorny character
Out of three Lutens' rose scents, La Fille de Berlin is the most popular. It's well-done, smells nice but it might be the least interesting one. I suppose mass-pleasers must be like that - not strange or offensive, going the middle road. And there is nothing wrong with that. While a big blooming soliflore or an animalic musky rose could scare your coworkers, this pleasant spicy rose is still on the feminine side but not miles away from the unisex territory. There is also a metallic feel to it reminding me of the blood accord found in several other Lutens perfumes. It fits the overall concept for this scent - "a beautiful woman with a thorny character".
oops! La fille de Berlin
Don't know where to start

This week it was so rainy cool and cloudy in the morning;
i thought of La religieuse by Serge Lutens, of the scent that could wrap me in a pleasant cloud of scent in this weather.

I never have much time in the morning; every minute counts.
I reached into the box with Serge Lutens' fillings and samples.
A filling with a dark liquid that I immediately saw, grabbed and sprayed.
Twice on the neck directly under the ears, so that I can perceive the scent cloud all day long.

Oh woe there is something missing familiar!
What else has a dark color? That's La fille de Berlin.
Oh, no, I really don't want that on me today.
I hadn't tested La fille yet, just sniffed it for a short time when I received the bottling - that was more than a year ago - and then I put the bottling in the box because I couldn't get excited about it.

Well I thought, now La fille de Berlin is on you, the whole day, so test and watch with your nose.

I cannot describe the first perception when spraying.

The usual perfume touch, which immediately reveals that perfume was sprayed, I mean it's the alcohol content, I don't notice at La fille de Berlin.

I can see pepper very well with Figment woman, but not with La fille, I can only guess it.
A delicate but very clear rose, slightly soapy, not unpleasant, is then immediately recognizable.

In the process I have to think of black currant jam, which is mixed with red currant jam.

I am also reminded of the taste of butter cookies.
I perceive many scents as smelling as some things taste, I don't know why.
but so it is easy for me to compare and describe fragrances;
Taste and smell are symbiotic for me.

Like lightning, La fille reminds me of Oud Satin Mood by MFK; I also feel the buttercakesiness in Oud Satin Mood.

This OSM smells very strong.
I have sorted my bottlings by brands in boxes.
When I open MFK, the first thing I notice is OSM, the base of which sticks to clothing and hair for a very long time.

This perfume could be the ancestor (grandma) of La fille de Berlin.

A little bit I think with the smell also of the Fritt chewing strips, is very very long ago....

I once got scent samples from Serge Lutens to test from a lovely perfume,
She made it clear to me that I should choose carefully what I would like to test because Serge Lutens is something special - and this has now been confirmed for me by this girl from Berlin.

And there's another memory
There was this scent of lancome roses roses (believe it's 2000 et une rose), somewhere I still have it, there's also a little relationship to La fille de Berlin to sniff out.

The nose on the wrist
i've been doing this all week since I discovered La fille.

Unmistakable rose,
partly slightly soapy
partly very discreetly spicy,
and the best one a very skinnear warm plump touch possibly musk

Whenever I sniff out a fragrance nuance from the three described, the rose pushes itself in front of it again
fantastic
i'm all over the place
Rose fragrance Omaduft hahaha - has always been my opinion
but this La fille de Berlin is not
it is no old woman rose fragrance

La Fille de Berlin is girlish, very close and yet very present
a favorite in my fragrance collection
What's a name?
"What's a name? What Rose means to us, as it would be called, would smell lovely."

Quoting William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" here makes it easier for me to bring this fragrance and its name into harmony.

"La fille de Berlin": I wouldn't have associated a girl from Berlin - as a real Berlin woman - with this kind of rose scent.
Therefore the first acquaintance with this nevertheless very impressive fragrance composition from the house of Serge Lutens surprised me already.
But even Shakespeare's invoked "lovely scent" doesn't exactly hit the nail on the head; his words therefore serve me more as a door opener to this commentary.

For this rose fragrance is mature and ripe, full and passionate, reminiscent of a woman who knows passion rather than love and yet hidden in her heart longs for and seeks its eternal magic.
Heavy dark red, full-blossomed fragrant roses come to my mind: the velvety heavy flower heads, almost black in special light, stretched out towards the sun and emitting their bewitching scent.
And thus not only attracting insects and butterflies.
For a moment the medieval picture of a Fräulein in the rose garden pushes itself into this fragrance painting.
A woman in expectation of her beloved and therefore a beautiful woman!
Of her beloved, whom she already recognized; who lowered a seductive dose of pepper into this rose's blood.
It was the lover who provided this heavy sensual aroma with a peppery, sometimes burning spiciness that will characterize his beloved rose forever!
For her he lets his troubadour sing a very special love song!

"La fille de Berlin" is at first almost omnipresent; it is demanding and passionate, warm and spicy.
At the same time, this fragrance is mysterious and keeps its secret until the end, which sometimes comes too fast for me.
Because this demanding lover does not have a very long shelf life. Eternal faithfulness is not their thing!
What remains is a very authentic breath of the slowly decaying rose petals - a memory of transience, but also with a little hope of eternity.

"La fille de Berlin" is really not a business fragrance; but a successful and refined fragrance homage dedicated to every woman and every love.
Just like you, we should be open for this fragrance creation.
It could be worth it - who knows if this acquaintance will not awaken a slumbering passion?
Didn't the prince (who wasn't a frog) already come through the hedge of thorns during "Sleeping Beauty", which suddenly carried roses?
Cambrium
Want to buy fruity fresh rose???
Hmm, somehow I had to test you after someone mentioned "Desert Rose, Urban Scents" with the comment, "Rose doesn't work otherwise", except for those two scents. I was very excited about you and enjoyed your 2ml sample completely. And yes, your name is quite suitably chosen, you remind me of a cherry chewing gum chewing crab (Berlin for young girl) that was like mother's perfume bottle.
The fragrance has a minimal fruity hint, a beautiful freshness and a lot of rose. And just because of the rose, I'd rather put you on very thin. I still like the scent very much (I bought a used bottle after all), but only on a few days.
Kissed by the sun
I can't quite understand why the Berlin girl doesn't get away so well here..
The little one really has something, doesn't she?

Thanks first of all to Serafina for the great scent sample :)

When I tested the little one, the first thing I saw was a wonderful rose hovering towards me, red, very noble and slightly spicy, but not too strongly spicy... the way I like it :)

Then comes, in my opinion, a light summer rain, which pours itself finely over the rose..... A few rain droplets stick to the rose...

Shortly afterwards the noble rose is kissed by the warming sun and lovingly embraced... The rain droplets evaporate slowly with the continuing warmth of the sun....The rose gets warmer with time and with me somehow creamy with a light sweetness...

So it remains then also long until it dissolves slowly slowly into air... A great rose

Innocent Rose
Scentrack: Alphaville - Summer in Berlin

Although not big fan of roses, to me this Lutens is irresistible. Simple, dewy wild rose with just a touch of pepper and wrapped in musk. Unbelievably natural, innocent and lovely. Marketed as unisex, but it really shines on women skin. Girl from Berlin tears down any wall around the hearts.

Rating: 8/10

Rose - musky - peppery
Naked and straightforward, La Fille de Berlin is a nostalgic European rose and a tribute to a timeless genderless classic without conjuring up retro air, which registers for a solid polished rose opening which itself promises for a raunchy musky base. Transformation of opening with juicy metallic crimson rose to dusky earthy/woody, blurred sinful animality and neutre peppery dry down, is like a book you can't stop reading.

I said genderless, a man wears easily but to be honest the first impression of the scent on skin is as smooth as silk stockings and garters on finely lotioned legs. Lutens cleared his mind from Moroccan or far eastern moods and pictured a truly European, truly natural and greatly impressive rose.
4/5 though I hate roses!

Old Berlin
The girl from Berlin. Discovered this during an early sniff fest when I was exploring rose perfumes and promptly bought an FB. This is an intense rose. Pepper and rose are the only notes listed but can they be the only ones here? Ah, Luckyscent says rose, violet, pink and black pepper and musk. Sounds more like it. Violet accounts for the darkness in the predominantly rose scent, making it accessible to men, and musk adds sultriness. This SL has no trouble projecting. It’s a sophisticated beauty. Berlin before all the bombs fell.

It sat on a shelf until my recent SL sniff fest. Today I put it on and fell in love all over again. Violet is so important here. It sophisticates the rose, makes it velvety. The pepper is tamed: someone eating steak a poivre in the next room. In this one, rose.

~ Opulent Rose ~
~ The beauty of an initial impression review is you are relaying how a perfume is making you feel in the moment only! And what lovelier SL than La Fille de Berlin to express that moment. From the blood red juice inside to the velvety plush red rose this is real and being there. Holding that bouquet of long stems with all their greenery behind your back at her door. Very feminine in composition but as a man I would wear this only to the most formal of tuxedo occasions. Opulent, lovely, realistic, breath-taking maybe? My first love is Gris Clair and Lavender but this is something special a classic beauty! The plush red petals are linear here of course and exactly how I would want them to remain. With very muted subtle notes of pepper as a supporting cast this generous gifted sample will linger in my memory of desires for a longtime!
Kind Regards, Plat ~

LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
A film noir rose perfume, dark & a little spicy. The deep dark rose is accented by musky dried rose petals & a dusting of violet powder.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Irini
by Irini
by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Ich bin ein Berlinerkind...
by Andreas09
by JJ84
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens L'orpheline by Serge Lutens Arabie by Serge Lutens