La Fille de Berlin 2012

La Fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens
La Fille de Berlin is a perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Pepper, Rose

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 11.01.2021.

2020Antiope
I still have a suitcase in Berlin.
...so I have to go back next time the bliss of times gone by
are all still in my suitcase
I never heard Marlene sing this statement, but Hildegard Knef and also Paul Kuhn, who accompanied himself on the piano as usual and always slightly transfigured.
As a child I could not explain this unconditional devotion and enthusiasm for Berlin, although Berlin has always played a role in my life. It remained the place of longing of my grandmother, who came from Silesia to Berlin in 1925 to "get into position", as the domestic workers were called in Berlin at that time. This term is much more friendly than that of the "maids" in Bavaria or "Stub'n Madel'n" in Vienna...
My sister and I were once in Berlin as children for a few weeks with my great aunt, who was my father's godmother. We were allowed to fly with Pan Am, the "Americans"; that was exciting, because in 1968 Berlin was a divided city. My great aunt was of course only travelling with us in the western part; the east of Berlin was "dark" and non-existent for her.
The first thing she immediately taught us was that in Berlin you don't say "Grüß Gott", but "Guten Tag". I was born and grew up in Munich; contemplative and sheltered. My father was born in Berlin in 1935, but came to Munich with his parents in 1946, because his father spoke perfect English and French and as a chauffeur drove the high American officers stationed in Munich. He loves Munich very much, but he still smiles about our "Million Village" today. And Berlin? Berlin! Berlin! The metropolis; his hometown! Unimpeachable.
I understand him, even if I don't fully share his enthusiasm.
Berlin is a city whose tempo takes my breath away every time; in order to live (and survive?) in Berlin, you have to adapt to this tempo or you will simply be run over.
Or in other words: Berlin is too fast for me.
Too fast, too loud, too uncomplicated, too restless, too crazy.
Later as an adult I was in Berlin several times; shortly after the fall of the wall and also a few years later. Berlin is still too fast for me! But I smile heartily; the spontaneity and humor of the Berliners I have taken to my heart long ago!
Oh dear, that's what you get when you're in Berlin with your thoughts; I actually wanted to write a little bit about the scent...!

Now then, I don't know what made Serge Lutens create a fragrance that serves to pay homage to an entire city and its inhabitants.
Maybe it was the disdainful commercial thought, because nobody can get past Berlin anymore!
So why not choose a name that is rich in history and symbolism; the attention factor is thus guaranteed and marketing can begin.
But maybe I do the master wrong; who knows if he doesn't have a heart for Berlin too!?
If so, he has expressed it wonderfully with his fragrance; the cheerful liveliness and simplicity of the Berlin women is captured perfectly and their charisma is also charmingly noticeable. A slightly exciting note that sparkles with exuberance!

A scent of roses, yes; but far from transfiguring a romantic mystery, but rather fragrant with wit and pep to cheer up the surroundings. The little roses swirl a little, they are well-bred, but not today; today the lust for life is celebrated with a little exuberance!
Pepper breeze and Patchouly well dosed in the background (really, I'm convinced it is Patchouly!) turn an otherwise only further rose scent into a feast for every nose and an experience for the wearer; Berlin is one attraction richer and I take my hat off to Serge Lutens!
There; that's it I wanted to write a statement and now it's the longest commentary I've ever written, apart from the dragon story. I hope for your understanding for my memories of Berlin and to all of you who don't know Berlin (yet), I'd like to recommend "La Fille de Berlin" with a wink. But be careful: don't forget to book your return journey; there are already many waiting suitcases in Berlin...!
Rosa Luxemburg
Start of the demo: red carnations with a pinch of pepper.
Making a blazing speech: Rose Absolue, flowery, sweet and warm At the end a cosy discussion round: rose hip tea with honey cookies.
Conclusion: an adventurous scent with which you can go around the houses and then return home satisfied.

CuirCuir
Beautiful woman with thorny character
Out of three Lutens' rose scents, La Fille de Berlin is the most popular. It's well-done, smells nice but it might be the least interesting one. I suppose mass-pleasers must be like that - not strange or offensive, going the middle road. And there is nothing wrong with that. While a big blooming soliflore or an animalic musky rose could scare your coworkers, this pleasant spicy rose is still on the feminine side but not miles away from the unisex territory. There is also a metallic feel to it reminding me of the blood accord found in several other Lutens perfumes. It fits the overall concept for this scent - "a beautiful woman with a thorny character".
oops! La fille de Berlin
Don't know where to start

This week it was so rainy cool and cloudy in the morning;
i thought of La religieuse by Serge Lutens, of the scent that could wrap me in a pleasant cloud of scent in this weather.

I never have much time in the morning; every minute counts.
I reached into the box with Serge Lutens' fillings and samples.
A filling with a dark liquid that I immediately saw, grabbed and sprayed.
Twice on the neck directly under the ears, so that I can perceive the scent cloud all day long.

Oh woe there is something missing familiar!
What else has a dark color? That's La fille de Berlin.
Oh, no, I really don't want that on me today.
I hadn't tested La fille yet, just sniffed it for a short time when I received the bottling - that was more than a year ago - and then I put the bottling in the box because I couldn't get excited about it.

Well I thought, now La fille de Berlin is on you, the whole day, so test and watch with your nose.

I cannot describe the first perception when spraying.

The usual perfume touch, which immediately reveals that perfume was sprayed, I mean it's the alcohol content, I don't notice at La fille de Berlin.

I can see pepper very well with Figment woman, but not with La fille, I can only guess it.
A delicate but very clear rose, slightly soapy, not unpleasant, is then immediately recognizable.

In the process I have to think of black currant jam, which is mixed with red currant jam.

I am also reminded of the taste of butter cookies.
I perceive many scents as smelling as some things taste, I don't know why.
but so it is easy for me to compare and describe fragrances;
Taste and smell are symbiotic for me.

Like lightning, La fille reminds me of Oud Satin Mood by MFK; I also feel the buttercakesiness in Oud Satin Mood.

This OSM smells very strong.
I have sorted my bottlings by brands in boxes.
When I open MFK, the first thing I notice is OSM, the base of which sticks to clothing and hair for a very long time.

This perfume could be the ancestor (grandma) of La fille de Berlin.

A little bit I think with the smell also of the Fritt chewing strips, is very very long ago....

I once got scent samples from Serge Lutens to test from a lovely perfume,
She made it clear to me that I should choose carefully what I would like to test because Serge Lutens is something special - and this has now been confirmed for me by this girl from Berlin.

And there's another memory
There was this scent of lancome roses roses (believe it's 2000 et une rose), somewhere I still have it, there's also a little relationship to La fille de Berlin to sniff out.

The nose on the wrist
i've been doing this all week since I discovered La fille.

Unmistakable rose,
partly slightly soapy
partly very discreetly spicy,
and the best one a very skinnear warm plump touch possibly musk

Whenever I sniff out a fragrance nuance from the three described, the rose pushes itself in front of it again
fantastic
i'm all over the place
Rose fragrance Omaduft hahaha - has always been my opinion
but this La fille de Berlin is not
it is no old woman rose fragrance

La Fille de Berlin is girlish, very close and yet very present
a favorite in my fragrance collection
What's a name?
"What's a name? What Rose means to us, as it would be called, would smell lovely."

Quoting William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" here makes it easier for me to bring this fragrance and its name into harmony.

"La fille de Berlin": I wouldn't have associated a girl from Berlin - as a real Berlin woman - with this kind of rose scent.
Therefore the first acquaintance with this nevertheless very impressive fragrance composition from the house of Serge Lutens surprised me already.
But even Shakespeare's invoked "lovely scent" doesn't exactly hit the nail on the head; his words therefore serve me more as a door opener to this commentary.

For this rose fragrance is mature and ripe, full and passionate, reminiscent of a woman who knows passion rather than love and yet hidden in her heart longs for and seeks its eternal magic.
Heavy dark red, full-blossomed fragrant roses come to my mind: the velvety heavy flower heads, almost black in special light, stretched out towards the sun and emitting their bewitching scent.
And thus not only attracting insects and butterflies.
For a moment the medieval picture of a Fräulein in the rose garden pushes itself into this fragrance painting.
A woman in expectation of her beloved and therefore a beautiful woman!
Of her beloved, whom she already recognized; who lowered a seductive dose of pepper into this rose's blood.
It was the lover who provided this heavy sensual aroma with a peppery, sometimes burning spiciness that will characterize his beloved rose forever!
For her he lets his troubadour sing a very special love song!

"La fille de Berlin" is at first almost omnipresent; it is demanding and passionate, warm and spicy.
At the same time, this fragrance is mysterious and keeps its secret until the end, which sometimes comes too fast for me.
Because this demanding lover does not have a very long shelf life. Eternal faithfulness is not their thing!
What remains is a very authentic breath of the slowly decaying rose petals - a memory of transience, but also with a little hope of eternity.

"La fille de Berlin" is really not a business fragrance; but a successful and refined fragrance homage dedicated to every woman and every love.
Just like you, we should be open for this fragrance creation.
It could be worth it - who knows if this acquaintance will not awaken a slumbering passion?
Didn't the prince (who wasn't a frog) already come through the hedge of thorns during "Sleeping Beauty", which suddenly carried roses?
Cambrium
Want to buy fruity fresh rose???
Hmm, somehow I had to test you after someone mentioned "Desert Rose, Urban Scents" with the comment, "Rose doesn't work otherwise", except for those two scents. I was very excited about you and enjoyed your 2ml sample completely. And yes, your name is quite suitably chosen, you remind me of a cherry chewing gum chewing crab (Berlin for young girl) that was like mother's perfume bottle.
The fragrance has a minimal fruity hint, a beautiful freshness and a lot of rose. And just because of the rose, I'd rather put you on very thin. I still like the scent very much (I bought a used bottle after all), but only on a few days.
Kissed by the sun
I can't quite understand why the Berlin girl doesn't get away so well here..
The little one really has something, doesn't she?

Thanks first of all to Serafina for the great scent sample :)

When I tested the little one, the first thing I saw was a wonderful rose hovering towards me, red, very noble and slightly spicy, but not too strongly spicy... the way I like it :)

Then comes, in my opinion, a light summer rain, which pours itself finely over the rose..... A few rain droplets stick to the rose...

Shortly afterwards the noble rose is kissed by the warming sun and lovingly embraced... The rain droplets evaporate slowly with the continuing warmth of the sun....The rose gets warmer with time and with me somehow creamy with a light sweetness...

So it remains then also long until it dissolves slowly slowly into air... A great rose

Innocent Rose
Scentrack: Alphaville - Summer in Berlin

Although not big fan of roses, to me this Lutens is irresistible. Simple, dewy wild rose with just a touch of pepper and wrapped in musk. Unbelievably natural, innocent and lovely. Marketed as unisex, but it really shines on women skin. Girl from Berlin tears down any wall around the hearts.

Rating: 8/10

Rose - musky - peppery
Naked and straightforward, La Fille de Berlin is a nostalgic European rose and a tribute to a timeless genderless classic without conjuring up retro air, which registers for a solid polished rose opening which itself promises for a raunchy musky base. Transformation of opening with juicy metallic crimson rose to dusky earthy/woody, blurred sinful animality and neutre peppery dry down, is like a book you can't stop reading.

I said genderless, a man wears easily but to be honest the first impression of the scent on skin is as smooth as silk stockings and garters on finely lotioned legs. Lutens cleared his mind from Moroccan or far eastern moods and pictured a truly European, truly natural and greatly impressive rose.
4/5 though I hate roses!

Old Berlin
The girl from Berlin. Discovered this during an early sniff fest when I was exploring rose perfumes and promptly bought an FB. This is an intense rose. Pepper and rose are the only notes listed but can they be the only ones here? Ah, Luckyscent says rose, violet, pink and black pepper and musk. Sounds more like it. Violet accounts for the darkness in the predominantly rose scent, making it accessible to men, and musk adds sultriness. This SL has no trouble projecting. It’s a sophisticated beauty. Berlin before all the bombs fell.

It sat on a shelf until my recent SL sniff fest. Today I put it on and fell in love all over again. Violet is so important here. It sophisticates the rose, makes it velvety. The pepper is tamed: someone eating steak a poivre in the next room. In this one, rose.

PierreDelonPierreDelon 2 months ago
A metallic rose; rose oxide maybe?
It starts like citrusy rose, for a few minutes it gives an opulent velvet feel & then becomes metallized
LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
A film noir rose perfume, dark & a little spicy. The deep dark rose is accented by musky dried rose petals & a dusting of violet powder.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Irini
by Irini
by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Ich bin ein Berlinerkind...
by Andreas09
by JJ84
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Sidi Bel-Abbès by Serge Lutens L'incendiaire by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens Veilleur de Nuit by Serge Lutens