La couche du diable (2019)

La couche du diable by Serge Lutens

La couche du diable is a new perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is smoky-spicy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Oud, Cistus

Submitted by Nanina, last update on 21.10.2019

Marquise27
But Teufel-ja- becomes the little devil
I am happy to write the first comment. I spray only once and then the following picture appears - it is summer and very warm and the road has just been renewed with fresh tar. The warmth and the tar smell take my breath away. Very strong and intense smell. I catch myself wiping my sprayed arm on my pants. That's definitely too much for me! I think here an overdose of incense and oud has been boiled up, a smell like from hell (I got the sentence from the fairy tale - the devil with the three golden hairs). Even after a thorough wash, the "devil's stuff" still sticks to me, so an extremely good durability, over 10 hours of full presence. This spicy and light spicy perfume has no, not even the slightest hint of something gentle. I try to forget him even if a breath rises to me every now and then. If the hell smells like that then I will only be a very good female, promised.
After a good 3 hours this intense fragrance becomes really round and pleasant. I perceive a trace of freshness and the incense has such a thrill towards floral? Iris or echoes of rose? This devil is also a seducer. Yes, at the end of the day there's more of a little devil with a mischievous smile. For me it is clearly a men's fragrance, striking, dominant, with enormous self-confidence, which is aware of its effect and uses it without consideration. But in the arms of the angel who belongs to him he is also a little devil who only ignites the fire of love. So be it ..... a fragrance for lovers of very unusual blends
8.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

first impression
(this is my first split ever so i was quite excited to receive and try this perfume.on top of that, i've read the reviews and articles in circulating its release.lastly this house to me its more than a house its a cult, the cult of Serge)

Upon initial spray, on the blotter, i am hit by a tarry/ synthetic oud accord that is irritating my olfactory receptors immensely. thankfully almost immediately that accord trail transforms into something very familiar, but elusive enough so that i cannot recognize it. 2 hours later it smells like dry coca-cola residue at the bottom of glass(to me that is a whirlpool of : myrrh, ylang-ylang + cacao butter +marzipan). 4 hours later (6 after first spray) it is very linear, as it smells almost the same but with less vigor...

Upon initial application, on skin, i got the same almost uncomfortable sensory attack, that i get from the dry-cleaners vents(if that makes sense)....again this dissipates almost instantly (hallelujah!!) and the familiar elusive accord appears, only this time i understand what i am presented with...it's an AMBRE SULTAN concentrate that shines bright into its demise a couple of hours later.along its AMBER SULTAN life i can sense a strong myrrh tincture/ cistus concrete with that coca-cola apozem trail and musks. 2 hours later(4 after application on skin) i can only detect emotions, not actual notes fruity, wet soil, lukewarm (/NOT HOT). after that its fire is out.

My thoughts about this balsamic warm ambery dense elixir are mostly positive, as i did enjoy this perfume and will wear it again definitely.Unfortunately, i have to say that it didn't live up to my expectations(to be honest as i said in the beginning marketing and anticipation of novelties may, eventually, have an inversely proportional effect). The perfume itself is a good offer, but nothing new(and i was expecting ground-breaking, reminiscent of Serge old powerhouses). On top of that it is very linear, which i do not mind at all (coming to thing about it i personally prefer concoctions that don't evolve much :-/ :-D). But i find the lack of longevity a sin, not a pity, but a sin on the houses behalf.With these ingredients (i am referring to the resins and musks and balsams) know for their fixative properties i don't understand/ accept why it is completely gone after 4-4,5 hours....It's not like we are talking about light and elusive perfumes of the likes of Nuit de Cellophane , Daim Blond . This is unacceptable for me and hence i wont be purchasing a full bottle.I hope they re-focus on their amazing, historical brand and provide in the future something that will transfix us again. ;-)

cult member 666

PS: it just hit me that the name of the perfume might not be very appropriate and due to its AMBRE SULTAN component i've come up with : Myrrh Amir/ Emir :-D:-P

Carlitos01 103 days ago
A different smoky oud scent with a fruity/floral accord, and a bit leathery and sweet. Different but loveable! I must get one bottle :-)+3
FranknSense 103 days ago
Oud & Fruit! I am a bit bored of the constant oud-rose combo. Serge Lutens created this interesting oud-apricot scent for my oud happyness.+3
9.0
9.0

by Nanina
by Nanina

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Arabie by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens L'Eau Serge Lutens by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Daim blond by Serge Lutens Fleurs d'oranger by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Clair de musc by Serge Lutens Nuit de cellophane by Serge Lutens Jeux de peau by Serge Lutens À la nuit by Serge Lutens