Louve by Serge Lutens

Louve is a perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Musk, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Resin, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.10.2019

8.0 10.0 7.5 2.0/10

Almond²
Louve (she-wolf) is a gorgeous name for a perfume; unfortunately too much almond simply doesn't work for me.

I love almond in other scents: in Le Baiser du Dragon and Jasmin Noir, for example, it functions like a necessary co-worker.
In Louve, to me, almond is the only distinctive note together with vanilla, which makes it too too sweet.

Too bad, I was set on loving "Louve".
5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Coutureguru
Another Lutens I enjoy ... strange but true!!
Color me confused! As far as I know, 'Louve' means 'Wolf' in French ... strange name for a fragrance reminiscent of almond pastries and Turkish Delight. The only connection I can come up with is the rate at which I 'wolf' down these delicacies ... two personal favorites of mine ... but that doesn't make much sense, does it?

Nevertheless, Louve is the first Lutens I have tried that (as far as I know) still resides in the exclusive Bell Jar collection and I must confess that I like it a lot. It seems that the more I investigate fragrances from this house, the more I find those that I can truly enjoy. Perhaps my nose is simply becoming more refined.
For once, here is a Lutens that seems to have been created by a much milder Christopher Sheldrake. Gone is the characteristic cumin (yes I know that not all of his fragrances contain it) replaced instead by soft, beautiful florals and a delectable Almond. I don't get too much in the way of Turkish Delight here, but this frag is definitely reminiscent of sugar dusted almond croissant ... which, I suppose transports it well into the gourmand category. The awesome part about Louve though, is that it is not heavy or cloying at all, as some 'foody' fragrances can be. This is a comfort snack in a bottle!! The Van/Amber dry down is pitched just right ... this is definitely one to add to the collection.
From a longevity and sillage point of view, my skin does eat Louve up rather quickly (this is a problem I have with most Lutens I have tried) but in it's defense it does feel fuller and a bit bigger than the 'export line' frags I have had access to.

I have a sample of Louve but I have the sneaky sensation that it's not going to be enough ... Oh! woe is my credit card :).
7.5 10.0/10

Dulcemio
almonds and flowers make sweet love
For the first couple of hours I thought Louve was going to be simply a pleasant, linear, forgettable little aria without any compelling solos or duets, (and I can tell you this is most likely due to a lack of wood and/or spice, which seem to figure prominently in almost all of my oriental favorites), but as it developed on my skin, it really won me over with it's multi-layered personality that blossoms over the course of a few hours.

(In contrast to the KM Loukhoums (original and parfum du soir), which I agree are very similar to Louve, there is a soft elegance to Louve rather than a somewhat cloying syrupy presence that I felt in the KM's.)

At one moment I'm engulfed by gourmand sensations, as though I'm about to take a bite of an almond croissant (the best pastry ever invented!), and in the next moment, those lovely flowers are wafting up at me with equal intensity. Together, they bring out the best in each other, with some help from the supporting notes, and make a girl wonder if there's a full bottle on her horizon.

sweet almonds
Louve opens with sour cherries, but not for long though.
To my nose it changes to almonds and jasmin.
I wish the cherrie note would stay longer, but it doesnt.
A nice scent but slighty to sour for my taste
7.5 8.0/10

Cherry-tinged Loukhoum
Serge Lutens LOUVE is a loukhoum perfume in the spirit of the Keiko Mecheri LOUKHOUM triplet and Montale SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM. Apparently le Grand Serge has his own officially labeled LOUKHOUM perfume launched about a decade before this one (in 1998), but I have not had a chance to try that one and do not know whether it is still in production.

LOUVE falls somewhere in the mid-range of sweetness as far as these perfumes go. They all have a significant almond component which can easily evoke memories of marzipan. I also find a cherry facet. But what links loukhoum perfumes above all in my olfactory memory bank is the scrumptious alkaloid facet, described by zoka (below) as "almost medicinal". Yes, he's right! It's an acquired taste. You either like it, or you don't. I do, I do, I do!!!!

by Jasmine87
by LanaL
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Arabie by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens L'Eau Serge Lutens by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Daim blond by Serge Lutens Fleurs d'oranger by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Clair de musc by Serge Lutens Nuit de cellophane by Serge Lutens Jeux de peau by Serge Lutens À la nuit by Serge Lutens