Rousse by Serge Lutens
Rousse is a popular perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

AmberAmber
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
NutmegNutmeg
CedarwoodCedarwood
CinnamonCinnamon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.06.2021.

Spicy cinnamon
If you're getting lost in the vast portfolio of Serge Lutens, just remember that Rousse is the cinnamon one. I like cinnamon but also I'm not too crazy for it. However, if cinnamon smelled just like this, it could well become my favorite spice. Rousse is far from being just a "cinnamon scent". It is a warm spicy oriental that screams Christmas time in my head. Scent itself doesn't scream, it's calm and elegant, definitely not heavy. It is also not too sweet or gourmand. Cinnamon here is rather bitter-sweet, gives an edible vibe but you won't feel with it like a walking cake:) Rousse isn't a regular in my rotation but it's a reference scent, a must-stay in the collection.

Cinnamon absolu
Straight up: cinnamon tic-tacs, Big Red chewing gum. Bold, strong, sweet &....well, just very, very candy-cinnamon.

After some time the clove-tinged cinnamon mingles with a note that reminds me of orange peel beeswax oils rubbed into ancient, dry woods....but all-in-all this is one big, dusty, cinnamon bomb.

I love a good spicy scent, but worn alone this is a little linear for my liking. Layer this up to add interest to more genteel orange-fruity frags & spritz liberally to corrupt those innocent rose scents.

Would I fork out for a big bottle...probably not....but this would be a nice scent to own in decant-size to perk up some of my more calm frags.

Cinnamon Dreams
To my nose, Rousse is rather linear cinnamon scent, warm, powdery and cozy, almost contemplating. The only one I enjoy wearing before falling asleep, I guess its dullness just turns me off and instantly transports into the land of dreams!

Discussions about Rousse

by MissGuerlain
by CuirCuir
by CuirCuir

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens L'incendiaire by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens L'orpheline by Serge Lutens