Santal de Mysore 1997

Santal de Mysore by Serge Lutens
Santal de Mysore is a popular perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 1997. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Benzoin, Spices, Caraway, Sandalwood, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.07.2020.

Heavenly scent
Santal de Mysore used to be the most expensive perfume in the SL lineup as the house stocked up with real Mysore sandalwood just before the ban and continued to use it in this fragrance. It is a heavenly blend that opens with food spices. If you like cumin, it doesn’t get much better than this. A touch of tasteful balsamic sweetness, not the overused vanilla or tonka type. SdM is a warm and dark scent. Its drydown will reward all patient niche snobs with subtle but wonderful creamy sandalwood. If you care about sandalwood, this one is highly recommended.

Doesn't impress me
I have owned a bell jar for some time now, and it has taken me forever (years) to be able to write anything about it because...frankly I can barely detect it! It is so light and ethereal, how does one figure out how it smells when it's there one moment and not the next? I have tons of the highest quality raw materials. You can always smell them. You don't become anosmic to natural essences. Are there really any here? I can not smell them.

So here I go, trying to describe what little I detect. Which is pitiful at this price point. First a bit of something sweet and creamy, like vanilla (probably benzoin) mixed with the tiniest bit of wood. This quickly dissipates and becomes a totally cumin scent. I think they listed the wrong note here, it's certainly not caraway. Definitely my armpits after eating Indian food for a couple days in a row (something I do frequently. And I don't mind that my armpits smell like cumin whatsoever). I think the smell of aromatic cumin is lovely, and I like it when my pits smells like cumin. From there on, I tell you, I believe there is a trace of something on my skin, but I can not even tell for sure. The whole experience is about 20 minutes long.

Try before you buy, and buy it from me if you want it. USA only. It's been dabbed several times only, so it's easily still 99.9% full.

by Amber9
by Amber9

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Rahät loukoum by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens L'orpheline by Serge Lutens