Serge noire (2008)

Serge noire by Serge Lutens

Serge noire is a popular perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Clove, Resins, Patchouli, Black woods, Cinnamon, Cistus

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.05.2019

Apart from the name of the brand's founder, Serge also refers to a type of fabric that is created in a special weave called Twill.

6.0 3.0 3.0 5.5/10

Neuter Skin Scent
The listed notes for this fragrance are not in a traditional pyramidal structure. The listed notes are Patchouli, Cinnamon, Amber, Woodsy Notes, Incense, Clove, Spices, and Ebony Wood.

I was gifted a sample of Serge Noire, and I like it. I am surprised there are not more positive reviews of it. This is definitely a warm and spicy scent. I smell cumin, cloves, and incense mostly. There are other spices--I cannot delineate cinnamon from the lot-- but I do not have a highly tutored sense of smell, either. It is not sweet smelling to me. It has very little projection. It is a skin scent on me. Longevity is not very good. I expect it would wear longer on clothing than on skin. I find it enjoyable for myself to wear on the right day/night, but I do not imagine wearing it for others, and I would not say that it is sexy in any way. It is not especially feminine in the way some orientals such as Samsara are "feminine." It is definitely unisex, or more precisely non-sex. I would label it "neuter."

Fragrance: 5/10

by Oloroso
by Piladilibri
by Piladilibri

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Gris clair... by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Arabie by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens L'Eau Serge Lutens by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Daim blond by Serge Lutens Fleurs d'oranger by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Clair de musc by Serge Lutens Nuit de cellophane by Serge Lutens Jeux de peau by Serge Lutens À la nuit by Serge Lutens