Veilleur de Nuit (2016)

Veilleur de Nuit by Serge Lutens

Veilleur de Nuit is a popular perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is animal-spicy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Dark chocolate, Civet, Vetiver, Tuberose, Castoreum, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.06.2020.

CK1984
Can you really get hooked on a perfume?
Until a few weeks ago I would have negated the initial question...

I haven't been around that long, just a few months, but I've tried a few fragrances over the years. Many things got the rating "Okay, but don't need to have" some few got a "must have" but none of the fragrances I dreamed of. Then I bought a niche sample collection on Ebay and there was this scent. I will never forget the moment when I carefully sprayed the first spray onto my wrist. Never before have I smelled such a sexy, dark, wicked, soft and at the same time gentle chocolate head note.... After a while, the chocolate diminished a little, but it was still there. The base was then like a soft, dark cream, slightly wicked and somewhat suggestive. Awesome! Of course I researched directly the original flacon and almost fell from the chair.... 650 euros. Yahhhhh, sure. Forgotten as quickly as possible was the motto. Especially since the scent was only very easily perceptible after 3 hours. The durability is really not very good...

But that was easier said than done. With other gourmands (even if this one isn't a real one) I sprayed on, I always thought of this breathtaking top note. Every scent that went a little into the chocolate was immediately compared to this one in the back corner of my brain. Nothing, but nothing came of it. I even dreamed of this soft chocolate musk coat.... i still couldn't afford it (although I've recently seen it in the offer for "only" 470 Euros).

Well, and then I stumbled across a Dupe. I'm not a huge fan of Dupes, but I have to admit that I first looked at some fragrances as Dupe to save money and only bought original samples and/or bottlings from those I liked. I had a remnant in the original sample and could compare it. And what can I say? The top note is absolutely identical for my dilettante nose, the further course deviates only minimally and the dupe lasts 6 instead of 3 hours. And yes, the Dupe moved in. The fragrance has lost a little of its luster. It is somehow frightening that the fragrance can be reproduced quite exactly for 35 instead of 650 euros...

Despite everything I keep my eyes open again and again in the souk. Maybe there will be a bottle left or a sharing, I would be there in any case! And when I've finally richly married/earned/gottoed, I bathe in the scent every morning and every evening

Cloves spice.
If spice asks me what dat smells like, spice would be my answer.

And even the spice of cloves, i.e. clove spice, or at least a spice that stood or lay close to, or even very close to, cloves, and then would have taken on the smell of cloves and its spice, and then would have smelled in the same way, or even almost exactly the same way.

Because if you think the clove of spice from this scent here experimentally (and plate by plate) times completely away, there would be no more spice, that is, the perfume smells totally unspicy and who wants that already.

No, quite the contrary, clove spice manufacturers and large clove spice buyers know that this is the note that is well received by the many clove spice lovers, and that is why they have generously processed this spicy spice into this really pretty clove spice fragrance.

That's it.
Twin: "Epic" for Man, Amouage.

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens L'incendiaire by Serge Lutens Rahät loukoum by Serge Lutens