La fille de Berlin 2012 Eau de Parfum

La fille de Berlin (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens
La fille de Berlin (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

PepperPepper
RoseRose

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 28.11.2021.

The Rose of Berlin
"She’s a rose with thorns, don’t mess with her. She’s a girl who goes to extremes.
When she can, she soothes; and when she wants … !
Her fragrance lifts you higher, she rocks and shocks." is how La Fille De Berlin is described by Lutens on his website. And this, despite the slightly superfluous lyricism (of which I myself am guilty more oft than not), holds quite true.

LFDB is a rose fragrance, and one quite unlike many others. The rose found here is, to my nose, a dark red, almost black rose. One that you would find alone, with no other blooms around it, in a dark room somewhere, illuminated by a flickering light. It is austere. It is dark. It is powerful, but mature. And this same rose passes through the latter half of its life within this fragrance, from the peak of it's majesty, to it's ultimate demise. My own desire for exasperating lyricism and philosophy sated, let's move to the fragrance as a whole.

Now, as is no surprise, LFDB opens on me with a rose. It's not sweet per se, but there is a sweetness of sorts, flitting through the top, accompanied by an interesting and fresh green note, not vegetal in the slightest, but light enough to cut the power of the rose, whilst softening it at the same time. Underscoring this, there is a woody background, not overtly prominent, but enough to give the opening a body, and remove any sense that this would lean "Arabic" at all.

A short while later, a touch before the mid arises, the rose takes on a fruity, almost cherry like characteristic, spiced with a dry pepper, and balanced with a bitter patchouli. An aspect that is as unexpected as it is welcome, giving depth and character to it in a way that is difficult to classify or explain. I can't say why it works, only that it does so, masterfully well.

A few hours later, in what is most definitely the dry down, the fragrance takes on yet another face. Going from bright and vibrant, yet unmistakably dark, to the austerity that I find most beautiful. It is cold, aloof, and slightly metallic, yet warm simultaneously. It presents as something that could be considered animalic and almost debauche, but the rest of the composition is so incredibly refined and well put together, that this strange "naughtiness" is completely reasonable.

The musk, the dry rose, and the light woodiness, warmed by an almost caramelized amber, with the strange metal and animalia that I can't quite put my finger on, brings to bed the olfactive journey that this scent is, in the most satisfying way.

La Fille De Berlin, in short, is a perfectly androgynous rose scent, wearable equally by men and women. There is no leaning. It simply is, truly genderless.

To summarize, for anyone who like rose scents at all, this one is a must have. To anyone who doesn't, this one must be tried.

For me, it lasts quite a while, but is never intrusive or brash. It is just strong enough to make itself known to you and remain unforgotten, which is poetic since the scent itself is truly unforgettable.
My contradictory rose scent
For many years, rose fragrances were not for me - or so I thought. Not necessarily a bogeyman, but the rose was always a difficult scent topic. Roses in the garden, oh yes great, but please not on my skin. Either rose scents were too sultry, too soapy, or too acidic for me, or went in the direction of rose water for the Bethmännchen.

When I signed up for Parfumo, that view changed abruptly. I learned how many different rose scents there are and that they don't necessarily have to be old-fashioned or stale. Over time, even some rose fragrances have moved in with me, but with the "La Fille de Berlin" it took a while.

I like the fragrances of Serge Lutens mostly. I find them quite special, but Lutens can very skillfully combine the diametrically opposed fragrances. So first up for testing were the Lutens fragrances that fit my ostensible scent scheme. Patchouli, vanilla or spicy, woody.

Enthusiastic had me at "La Fille de Berlin" always the sensational rich, red liquid in the bottle, then I looked for the fragrance pyramid...ah, roses *yawn*, ok, I'll test sometime.

At the same time, Berlin definitely plays a role in my life and I have also visited Berlin many times. Mr. Blaustern is a native Berliner, who was abducted as a child to the southern Hessian province. I almost worked in Berlin about 20 years ago, but decided against it. Berlin is worth a trip, I think, but I would not like to live there.

A few months ago, I had received an original sample of "La Fille de Berlin" and so nothing stood in the way of a test. What was I wrong! Nothing *yawn* - quite the opposite!

I could no longer take the nose away from the wrist. "La Fille de Berlin" inspired me at first smell, because it is an unusually tangy and yet very spicy rose fragrance. It's probably the combination with the pepper, but I'm not sure. I could also swear there are some other components in it, so I smell fruity, berry. Raspberries...?

"La Fille de Berlin" has a decidedly sparkling opening. The fragrance is not one of those romantic rose scents, rather an aromatic, sensual, a feminine fragrance - not a girl! It is very present for hours without being intrusive. Heavy, velvety and warm it develops, but never loses its cheeky, almost defiant charisma.

Some time ago, the bottle of "La Fille de Berlin" has already moved in with me. He has become for me THE rose fragrance, wearable at any time of year. Of course, I have not yet been able to try it out in very warm temperatures. But I am already very excited about it today.
Rosa Luxemburg
Start of the demo: red carnations with a pinch of pepper.
Making a blazing speech: Rose Absolue, flowery, sweet and warm At the end a cosy discussion round: rose hip tea with honey cookies.
Conclusion: an adventurous scent with which you can go around the houses and then return home satisfied.

CuirCuir
Beautiful woman with thorny character
Out of three Lutens' rose scents, La Fille de Berlin is the most popular. It's well-done, smells nice but it might be the least interesting one. I suppose mass-pleasers must be like that - not strange or offensive, going the middle road. And there is nothing wrong with that. While a big blooming soliflore or an animalic musky rose could scare your coworkers, this pleasant spicy rose is still on the feminine side but not miles away from the unisex territory. There is also a metallic feel to it reminding me of the blood accord found in several other Lutens perfumes. It fits the overall concept for this scent - "a beautiful woman with a thorny character".
oops! La fille de Berlin
Don't know where to start

This week it was so rainy cool and cloudy in the morning;
i thought of La religieuse by Serge Lutens, of the scent that could wrap me in a pleasant cloud of scent in this weather.

I never have much time in the morning; every minute counts.
I reached into the box with Serge Lutens' fillings and samples.
A filling with a dark liquid that I immediately saw, grabbed and sprayed.
Twice on the neck directly under the ears, so that I can perceive the scent cloud all day long.

Oh woe there is something missing familiar!
What else has a dark color? That's La fille de Berlin.
Oh, no, I really don't want that on me today.
I hadn't tested La fille yet, just sniffed it for a short time when I received the bottling - that was more than a year ago - and then I put the bottling in the box because I couldn't get excited about it.

Well I thought, now La fille de Berlin is on you, the whole day, so test and watch with your nose.

I cannot describe the first perception when spraying.

The usual perfume touch, which immediately reveals that perfume was sprayed, I mean it's the alcohol content, I don't notice at La fille de Berlin.

I can see pepper very well with Figment woman, but not with La fille, I can only guess it.
A delicate but very clear rose, slightly soapy, not unpleasant, is then immediately recognizable.

In the process I have to think of black currant jam, which is mixed with red currant jam.

I am also reminded of the taste of butter cookies.
I perceive many scents as smelling as some things taste, I don't know why.
but so it is easy for me to compare and describe fragrances;
Taste and smell are symbiotic for me.

Like lightning, La fille reminds me of Oud Satin Mood by MFK; I also feel the buttercakesiness in Oud Satin Mood.

This OSM smells very strong.
I have sorted my bottlings by brands in boxes.
When I open MFK, the first thing I notice is OSM, the base of which sticks to clothing and hair for a very long time.

This perfume could be the ancestor (grandma) of La fille de Berlin.

A little bit I think with the smell also of the Fritt chewing strips, is very very long ago....

I once got scent samples from Serge Lutens to test from a lovely perfume,
She made it clear to me that I should choose carefully what I would like to test because Serge Lutens is something special - and this has now been confirmed for me by this girl from Berlin.

And there's another memory
There was this scent of lancome roses roses (believe it's 2000 et une rose), somewhere I still have it, there's also a little relationship to La fille de Berlin to sniff out.

The nose on the wrist
i've been doing this all week since I discovered La fille.

Unmistakable rose,
partly slightly soapy
partly very discreetly spicy,
and the best one a very skinnear warm plump touch possibly musk

Whenever I sniff out a fragrance nuance from the three described, the rose pushes itself in front of it again
fantastic
i'm all over the place
Rose fragrance Omaduft hahaha - has always been my opinion
but this La fille de Berlin is not
it is no old woman rose fragrance

La Fille de Berlin is girlish, very close and yet very present
a favorite in my fragrance collection
What's a name?
"What's a name? What Rose means to us, as it would be called, would smell lovely."

Quoting William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" here makes it easier for me to bring this fragrance and its name into harmony.

"La fille de Berlin": I wouldn't have associated a girl from Berlin - as a real Berlin woman - with this kind of rose scent.
Therefore the first acquaintance with this nevertheless very impressive fragrance composition from the house of Serge Lutens surprised me already.
But even Shakespeare's invoked "lovely scent" doesn't exactly hit the nail on the head; his words therefore serve me more as a door opener to this commentary.

For this rose fragrance is mature and ripe, full and passionate, reminiscent of a woman who knows passion rather than love and yet hidden in her heart longs for and seeks its eternal magic.
Heavy dark red, full-blossomed fragrant roses come to my mind: the velvety heavy flower heads, almost black in special light, stretched out towards the sun and emitting their bewitching scent.
And thus not only attracting insects and butterflies.
For a moment the medieval picture of a Fräulein in the rose garden pushes itself into this fragrance painting.
A woman in expectation of her beloved and therefore a beautiful woman!
Of her beloved, whom she already recognized; who lowered a seductive dose of pepper into this rose's blood.
It was the lover who provided this heavy sensual aroma with a peppery, sometimes burning spiciness that will characterize his beloved rose forever!
For her he lets his troubadour sing a very special love song!

"La fille de Berlin" is at first almost omnipresent; it is demanding and passionate, warm and spicy.
At the same time, this fragrance is mysterious and keeps its secret until the end, which sometimes comes too fast for me.
Because this demanding lover does not have a very long shelf life. Eternal faithfulness is not their thing!
What remains is a very authentic breath of the slowly decaying rose petals - a memory of transience, but also with a little hope of eternity.

"La fille de Berlin" is really not a business fragrance; but a successful and refined fragrance homage dedicated to every woman and every love.
Just like you, we should be open for this fragrance creation.
It could be worth it - who knows if this acquaintance will not awaken a slumbering passion?
Didn't the prince (who wasn't a frog) already come through the hedge of thorns during "Sleeping Beauty", which suddenly carried roses?
Cambrium
Want to buy fruity fresh rose???
Hmm, somehow I had to test you after someone mentioned "Desert Rose, Urban Scents" with the comment, "Rose doesn't work otherwise", except for those two scents. I was very excited about you and enjoyed your 2ml sample completely. And yes, your name is quite suitably chosen, you remind me of a cherry chewing gum chewing crab (Berlin for young girl) that was like mother's perfume bottle.
The fragrance has a minimal fruity hint, a beautiful freshness and a lot of rose. And just because of the rose, I'd rather put you on very thin. I still like the scent very much (I bought a used bottle after all), but only on a few days.
Kissed by the sun
I can't quite understand why the Berlin girl doesn't get away so well here..
The little one really has something, doesn't she?

Thanks first of all to Serafina for the great scent sample :)

When I tested the little one, the first thing I saw was a wonderful rose hovering towards me, red, very noble and slightly spicy, but not too strongly spicy... the way I like it :)

Then comes, in my opinion, a light summer rain, which pours itself finely over the rose..... A few rain droplets stick to the rose...

Shortly afterwards the noble rose is kissed by the warming sun and lovingly embraced... The rain droplets evaporate slowly with the continuing warmth of the sun....The rose gets warmer with time and with me somehow creamy with a light sweetness...

So it remains then also long until it dissolves slowly slowly into air... A great rose

Innocent Rose
Scentrack: Alphaville - Summer in Berlin

Although not big fan of roses, to me this Lutens is irresistible. Simple, dewy wild rose with just a touch of pepper and wrapped in musk. Unbelievably natural, innocent and lovely. Marketed as unisex, but it really shines on women skin. Girl from Berlin tears down any wall around the hearts.

Rating: 8/10

Rose - musky - peppery
Naked and straightforward, La Fille de Berlin is a nostalgic European rose and a tribute to a timeless genderless classic without conjuring up retro air, which registers for a solid polished rose opening which itself promises for a raunchy musky base. Transformation of opening with juicy metallic crimson rose to dusky earthy/woody, blurred sinful animality and neutre peppery dry down, is like a book you can't stop reading.

I said genderless, a man wears easily but to be honest the first impression of the scent on skin is as smooth as silk stockings and garters on finely lotioned legs. Lutens cleared his mind from Moroccan or far eastern moods and pictured a truly European, truly natural and greatly impressive rose.
4/5 though I hate roses!

HiroozHirooz 3 months ago
A deep dark gothic rose in a glass of red wine!
T3lk4T3lk4 4 months ago
spicy rose, good for clubbing.
LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
A film noir rose perfume, dark & a little spicy. The deep dark rose is accented by musky dried rose petals & a dusting of violet powder.

by Sweetsmell75
by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Ich bin ein Berlinerkind...
by Andreas09
by IrinaBerlin
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Serge Lutens

Chergui (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Fille en aiguilles by Serge Lutens Ambre sultan (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Five o'clock au gingembre by Serge Lutens Vétiver oriental by Serge Lutens Fourreau noir by Serge Lutens Fumerie turque by Serge Lutens De profundis by Serge Lutens Iris silver mist by Serge Lutens Gris clair... (2006) by Serge Lutens Féminité du bois by Serge Lutens Datura noir (Eau de Parfum) by Serge Lutens Santal majuscule by Serge Lutens Douce amère by Serge Lutens Un bois vanille by Serge Lutens Veilleur de Nuit by Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834 by Serge Lutens L'incendiaire by Serge Lutens Cèdre by Serge Lutens Serge noire by Serge Lutens