Serge noire

(2008)
Serge noire by Serge Lutens
Where to buy?
Serge noire (Serge Lutens)
Serge noire is a popular perfume by Serge Lutens for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Clove, Resins, Patchouli, Black woods, Cinnamon, Cistus

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.01.2017

Apart from the name of the brand's founder, Serge also refers to a type of fabric that is created in a special weave called Twill.

Bottle 6.0/10
Sillage 3.0/10
Longevity 3.0/10
Scent 5.5/10
Neuter Skin Scent
The listed notes for this fragrance are not in a traditional pyramidal structure. The listed notes are Patchouli, Cinnamon, Amber, Woodsy Notes, Incense, Clove, Spices, and Ebony Wood.

I was gifted a sample of Serge Noire, and I like it. I am surprised there are not more positive reviews of it. This is definitely a warm and spicy scent. I smell cumin, cloves, and incense mostly. There are other spices--I cannot delineate cinnamon from the lot-- but I do not have a highly tutored sense of smell, either. It is not sweet smelling to me. It has very little projection. It is a skin scent on me. Longevity is not very good. I expect it would wear longer on clothing than on skin. I find it enjoyable for myself to wear on the right day/night, but I do not imagine wearing it for others, and I would not say that it is sexy in any way. It is not especially feminine in the way some orientals such as Samsara are "feminine." It is definitely unisex, or more precisely non-sex. I would label it "neuter."

Fragrance: 5/10